Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos (39662 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / PHOTOS: Tinubu's Daughter Crowned The New Iyaloja Of Lagos State / Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Katsumoto: 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem:

Kats, u mean bestowing the iyaloja's title to Tinubu's daughter will backfire on his political fortune or what? Kindly expatiate please. how did it backfire on the saraki's fortune when his kids were bestowed chieftancy titles?

Hahaha

Yorubas outside kwara are different from those in Kwara. Make we dey watch.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
Joarams:

Calm down Desola, so that you can sort the issues objectively. Since when did that position become open to the general public to contest in or have a say. This title has little or nothing to do with the ACN or its politics. The Iyaloja title is very cultural...ask the Oba of Lagos.

You are talking at me, not to me.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Katsumoto: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
Joarams:

Calm down Desola, so that you can sort the issues objectively. Since when did that position become open to the general public to contest in or have a say. This title has little or nothing to do with the ACN or its politics. The Iyaloja title is very cultural...ask the Oba of Lagos.

Tell that to a new born baby.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by bknight: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
Have the decency for truth...you know yourself.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
Katsumoto:

Hahaha

Thank goodness u laughed grin grin

We all will be living witnesses no doubt. No Shaking.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Joarams(m): 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
Ola one:
Nice one, man.

These ACN sycophants are a bunch of snoots. They actually think they are more egalitarian than those in PDP. rUBBISH.

Open your eyes...this is not ACN. It's a proper traditional title. It's like the Council of Chiefs (esp. the Afobajes' - "Kingmakers"wink selecting a heir to the throne (by their own fiat) and the public complaining that he's the son of the past King.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Katsumoto: 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2013
[quote author=Demdem][/quote]

I will bookmark this page.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2013
Katsumoto:

Hahaha

Those ones that have been totally blinded by religion and believe in being sub servient to their monarch. Those ones are closer to Northern almajiris than the enlightened cosmopolitan Yorubas in Lagos.

For lagos, we know book and we get sense! Tinubu does not give us amala nor does he pays anyone's school fees. We will resist him!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Katsumoto: 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
Joarams:

Open your eyes...this is not ACN. It's a proper traditional title. It's like the Council of Chiefs (esp. the Afobajes' - "Kingmakers"wink selecting a heir to the throne (by their own fiat) and the public complaining that he's the son of the past King.

You seem to think this is the 19th century.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
Katsumoto:

I will bookmark this page.

No yawa.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
Joarams:

Same . . . same jare grin

Abi na APC now? wink

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by tbanger(m): 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Emi CEO fun ra mi.

O baje gan o. Next time, you append CEO before Village tyrant, so gbo.

'obvious' ni were fe so to ni 'envious'.

Clearly you have not been schooled in the art of constructing grammatically correct sentences and accurate spelling of words.

mumu.

Madam run along.....even your people weep for you.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Those ones that have been totally blinded by religion and believe in being sub servient to their monarch. Those ones are closer to Northern almajiris than the enlightened cosmopolitan Yorubas in Lagos.

For lagos, we know book and we get sense! Tinubu does not give us amala nor does he pays anyone's school fees. We will resist him!

The same way we have done till date right?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
Eko Ile:

[s]
Unfortunately for you, Tinubu to start with is not a public official like GEJ, he's a private citizen and he's not doing anything while under official cover or your constitution and he owes you nothing so curb your apples and oranges analogies.

Also, this title is not an official position grounded by any state or federal laws or constitution, I also don't see how it hurts you, how it hurts anybody or anything.

What's fueling your manufactured rage is nothing but the same silly and pointless hate and bigotry against the man unless you are able to state categorically how this affects you as a human being and as a Nigerian.[/s]

Let me cure your distilled stvpidity by posting Tinubu shameless rebuttal despite his plans

The next Iyaloja: Tinubu upbraids PDP, journalists for “flashing rumours as stories”

Two days ago, the former Lagos governor and ACN chieftain, Bola Tinubu, came under severe criticism from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), as well as some social commentators, over allegations that he had disclosed during the 8-day Fidau Prayer for his late mother, that his sister, Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, would succeed his mother as the president of the Association of Market Women and Men in Lagos state.

The ACN publicity secretary in the state, Joe Igbokwe, denied the reports when it first broke saying “it is not true and can never be true. We don’t have time for that.

Now, Bola Tinubu’s office has disclosed that the news was “simply a rumor and a wicked attempt to desecrate the memory of Tinubu’s mother.” They said that a careful review of the tape for the event would show that Tinubu did not say any such thing at any point during or after the event as is now being “salaciously bandied about in the media.”
The statement further disclosed that Tinubu never said a word during the entire programme.

“It takes very little effort to investigate whether Tinubu made such pubic pronouncement. Special tributes to the late mother of Tinubu were read by his Special Adviser on Media, Mr. Sunday Dare, while the vote of thanks was delivered by the Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola.
One would hope that journalists and bloggers would ask questions and dig a bit deeper before flashing rumours as stories. You cannot put a man in jail simply because you suspect him of something or because you think he will do something in the future.

Tinubu accused the PDP of being on a pre-emptive strike.
“Their press statement should be seen that of a guilty weakling who is screaming and weeping, scared of vanishing into the nothingness they know they are.”

A source told The Scoop that indeed Tinubu never made the said statement during his mother’s 8-day Firdau prayer. The source however revealed that one of Tinubu’s sisters who had been acting for Madam Mogaji for four years due to the woman’s old age, might continue in that role. The source also told The Scoop that “PDP’s accusation that Tinubu had called for a meeting with the market leaders for Tuesday to break the news to them was clearly false as the former governor spent the whole day in Ibadan.

https://www.nairaland.com/1338716/next-iyaloja-tinubu-upbraids-pdp#16482931

You ACN/APC fools need to know when to walk away in seeming shame in silence . .

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Joarams(m): 12:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

You are talking at me, not to me.

Ok. My apologies. I was trying to slow down your extrapolation from "Iyaloja issues" to the ACN and the entire politics in Lagos.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 12:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
^^^^

Erm, The Oba's decision not ACN. grin
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Akanbiedu(m): 12:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
This is a good move jare. It will displease the "intellectuals" no doubt but market women(and agberos), especially in Lagos, have proven to be much more useful than the "intellectuals" when the die is cast.

grin grin grin he he he
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Pukkah: 12:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
Joarams:

Are you saying that Bola Tinubu had no hand or say in making his daughter the new Iyaloja? Even if it was not his decision or making and he was simply consulted by the Oba of Lagos or his daughter, what do you think he should have said in the interest of decorum and respecting the sensibilities of others? Or is the Iyaloja title hereditary?

I think this is not right.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
Tinubu accused the PDP of being on a pre-emptive strike.

Seems a precise strike, though

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Lilimax(f): 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
kofoshi:

which stupid king is that? The same one that take counsel from Tinubu on how to run his kingdom. No matter how much icing sugar you choose to dress this up with, it does nothing to take away from the fact that not only is tinubu politically influential in the matter of the west, he is also meddling with our traditional government. He is the monarchy and his greed is what will ultimately lead to his demise, mark this day down.

He would be brought down whether through shame or death!

That he "delivered" you from the PDP means that you should now lose your sense of reasoning?
hmmm!
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Katsumoto: 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
You know things are not right when supporters agree with everything their leader does.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
Joarams:

Ok. My apologies. I was trying to slow down your extrapolation from "Iyaloja issues" to the ACN and the entire politics in Lagos.

I really cannot divorce the two because the imposition of Tinubu's daughter on the oba shows the greed in Tinubu and that alone would make voters become weary of the man and the length he would go to in acquiring power. Truly, when you look around you, you see his family members in influential positions in Lagos. Once our psyche is awakened, we start to resent him and some of us for the dislike we harbour for jonathan would decide not to vote at all during the election because we cannot choose between two evils. staying at home would make victory easier for jonathan.

Tinubu needs to stop this nonsense now. His greed is gonna be instrumental in his downfall, you watch.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 12:35pm On Jun 28, 2013
Pukkah:

Are you saying that Bola Tinubu had no hand or say in making his daughter the new Iyaloja? Even if it was not his decision or making and he was simply consulted by the Oba of Lagos or his daughter, what do you think he should have said in the interest of decorum and respecting the sensibilities of others? Or is the Iyaloja title hereditary?

Do u know how old this daughter in question is? IS she not old enough to make her own decision and design her own path? are u even aware that she is a married woman? Oba made a decision, she sat down, thought about it and accepted. why should the father be blamed for this.
Just like OBJ said as regards her daughter, she is old enough to make her decisions.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
Pukkah:

They are ACN men. Tell me one thing that hasn't gone south about these people. They can't even display honesty for a sec. shocked

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Katsumoto: 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem:

Do u know how old this daughter in question is? IS she not old enough to make her own decision and design her own path? are u even aware that she is a married woman? Oba made a decision, she sat down, thought about it and accepted. why should the father be blamed for this.
Just like OBJ said as regards her daughter, she is old enough to make her decisions.

Stop this tomfoolery demdem. Trying to be naive wont cut it.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
Katsumoto: You know things are not right when supporters agree with everything their leader does.

i agree. Tinubu has numerous flaws but this to me cant be included.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Katsumoto: 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem:

i agree. Tinubu has numerous flaws but this to me cant be included.

As it occured to you guys that its the little things that push people over the edge?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
Katsumoto:

Stop this tomfoolery demdem. Trying to be naive wont cut it.

Naive about what? grin grin What i know is it will simply add to THE TINUBUS power.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
Katsumoto:

As it occured to you guys that its the little things that push people over the edge?

and how will this chieftancy title push the people to the edge? what percentage of lagosians even care about who becomes iyaloja when poverty is still ravaging the land?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olaone1: 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
When Iyabo Obasanjo became a politician, this same set of posters rejected it and took up arms.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
Ola one: When Iyabo Obasanjo became a politician, this same set of posters rejected it and took up arms.

Can u kindly be specific and back it up also. That will make ur post much more sensible.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Joarams(m): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem:

The same way we have done till date right?

Tell them... Politics is not the business for "saints". I wonder why many people remain in that dream of Ideal types.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Reacts To The Release Of Dapchi Schoolgirls / EndSARS: Youth Reps Pull Out Of Lagos Judicial Panel After Cbn’s Account Freeze / Lirwan Aminu Gadagau Shot Dead By Bandits In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.