Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos (39656 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / PHOTOS: Tinubu's Daughter Crowned The New Iyaloja Of Lagos State / Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by slimghost(m): 10:51am On Jun 28, 2013
KINGwax: u can't continue laughing like that, people will notice ur madness!

That's because you and your daft brother demdem are first class clowns. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2013
Chris†Kid:

how can you compare cheiftancy titles and a market leader? How smart are u?

U need to be enlightened but before then go to the opening post and read again.
Take note of the fact that the white cap chiefs acted on behalf of the king and its a traditional role.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by agabaI23(m): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem:

Tell me something I don't know. Never knew I have had issues with traditional titles being confered on somone. This has nothing to do with retardeen.
President-General of an association is a traditional title?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2013
PStylish:

All of them rode (directly or indirectly) on the influence of their fathers or relations who used to occupy the office to both bag their parties' tickets and then win the election thereafter.
Why is that difficult for you to fathom?

Was the current emir of Qatar elected?

Wasn't he installed (imposed) by his outgoing father?

Desola!!!!!!!!!! Fa ra ba le!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we talk about succession in the monarchy, we know that it is hereditary but when we talk about members of the king's council, they are not all hereditary, they are done by appointment. This particular title is not an hereditary one and it is for that reason that I am opposed. If it were hereditary, you would not see me here at all but the Tinubu's family have now laid precedence by doing that which was not historically done and have now made the post hereditary. There are systems in the government of a market and market women normally converge to pay respect to the most active, most dignified of their compatriots. It is with this view, I suppose that the market leader is usually appointed by the Oba. In this particular case however, the Oba, has been greatly influenced not by the market women but by the power that was perhaps instrumental in installing him and have deferred to such power and probably heavily induced to appoint Tinubu's daughter whom going by age, does cannot be said to have the experience of other older market women in Lagos. Let's call a spade a spade, this is nepotism and it is wrong. Is it not clear that Tinubu wants to run Lagos as his own empire? Does not being a Tinubu make you a lesser indigene of Lagos? Of course it is no news that the Elites rule but don't go about it smacking us in the face with it. Every child need to know that they have have a belief and that there is an environment for such belief to come true. Our children must aspire to attain greater heights; must be able to think that some day, they can also become the governor of Lagos state without having to be sub servient to the Tinubu's family. They should know that should they work at at being brilliant market traders, they can also someday find confidence in the midst of their peers and obtain the kings favour. No child should be told how much they can attain. Lagos belong to us all and the Tinubu's family must not contain our progress or dictate to us how far we can go or decide our authenticity as Lagosians.
This rubbish must be stopped!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 10:56am On Jun 28, 2013
austinkenneth:

I think we Nigerians should not just compare Tinubu to Jonathan and try to see who is better. The truth is that they seem to have both lost it and they are not our messiah.
WE NEED TO RESALISE THAT WE ARE NOT IN AN EITHER/OR SITUATION WE HAVE MULTIPLE OPTIONS
Being a director in Mobil oil is quite an achievement and shows he has good business acumen but he seems to be using it negatively by economic neo-colonisation of Lagos which specks of nothing but greed.
Allison-Madueke too was director in Shell Nigeria which is probably the biggest company in the entire continent.
Tinubu’s wife was elected but we know Nigerian politics naa… Its more of a selection – for instance I can bet that whoever the ACN bigwigs select for Lagos governorship will definitely win.
As for Jonathan’s wife as Perm. Sec.. That is laughable and shows political naivety on GEJ’s part.
WE NEED TO CONDEMN THEM WHEN THEY DO ALL THESE AND NOT SIDE THEM BASED ON ETHNIC SENTIMENTS OR JUSTIFY THEM BECAUSE THE ‘OTHERS ARE DOING IT’.
WHEN WE DO THAT, WHICH FROM WHAT I CAN SEE ON NAIRALAND WE’VE ALREADY DONE THEN WE’VE PLAYED INTO THEIR HANDS IN THEIR OWN VERY GAME – DIVIDE AND RULE
N.B. We accuse the British of this but our politicians are the masters of the game

Post of the day bruv, Kudos!! Am an unrepentant GEJ supporter . .But his embarrassing decisions to make his wife a permanent Sec and the Alams amnesty drew my stern criticism .

The hypocrisy of the opposition is what riles most people.What is bad is bad, no matter what manner of twist we all decide to grand stand on . .

What else will Tinubu attempt, try to create history by propping up his wife as the first female Gov. of Lagos State. Am looking forward to such faulty stunts if he desires it . .

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by jmaine: 10:56am On Jun 28, 2013
Double Post
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 10:56am On Jun 28, 2013
davidflo: iyaloja (market leader) is a chieftancy title,dimwit...
grin
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:56am On Jun 28, 2013
This is total rubbish!!! so d thing don turn to family business, when she dies her son will take over.

Its this how they will turn the govt(federal) into their family business if they succed in 2015? god forbid.

Imagine GEJ did something similiar? CPC and ACN go start to they rant and run around like headless chickens.

Each day these ppl give me reasons to vote GEJ come 2015. With Buhari who is a religious bigot and a sectional leader, then tinubu who wants to turn lagos(Nigeria) into his family business.

In this case I think its safe to say the devil we know(GEJ) is better than ACN/CPC posing as angels.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by KINGwax(m): 10:56am On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Jonathan is a bastard! Tinubu is a confirmed bastard!

They are all BAstards! Soon enough, Nigeria would deal with these bastards!

The people would have the last laugh.
may i remind u ma, that there is no mortuary on Nairaland! If u die so, u go stay rotten ni o undecided

This one wey u dey expand ur throat like crocordie so undecided
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by slimghost(m): 10:57am On Jun 28, 2013
agabaI23: President-General of an association is a traditional title?

Don't you know how daft demdem is? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by davidflo(m): 10:57am On Jun 28, 2013
slimghost:

Putting Demdem and smart in the same sentence is an insult to smart people.
and u think u are smart,kwa?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 10:57am On Jun 28, 2013
slimghost:

Putting Demdem and smart in the same sentence is an insult to smart people.

Another dimwit spotted. grin
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 28, 2013
davidflo: iyaloja position is actually a royalty position.. you become a high chief in the kings cabinet...ask desola.

There's absolutely nothing royal about the post and the man in question has no ancestry whatsoever in Lagos(same for his daughter).

Stop spewing tosh!! I know the history of Lagos and the royal bloodline of the state!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem:

U need to be enlightened but before then go to the opening post and read again.
Take note of the fact that the white cap chiefs acted on behalf of the king and its a traditional role.

honestly, you need to put a sock in it.

I am so bored of reading your posts! Same old plenty nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by slimghost(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2013
davidflo: and u think u are smart,kwa?

If you are the definition of "smart", then am not. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Olufonade: 11:01am On Jun 28, 2013
angry If yoy are not satisfied by the Oba's decision, you can go to court or keep shut forever

The hatred for Tinubu is the basis for this hullabaloo
undecided
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by davidflo(m): 11:03am On Jun 28, 2013
why not investigate what the position truly means and why its the king of lagos that bestows it with his council of chiefs, if its president general in english what is it in yoruba language? and after u find out.. God bless you
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 11:04am On Jun 28, 2013
Olufon-ade:
angry If yoy are not satisfied by the Oba's decision, you can go to court or keep shut forever

The hatred for Tinubu is the basis for this hullabaloo
undecided

another ode raised to the power of infinity.

Take oba to court for exercising (albeit nepotistically) his prerogative power. Iru awon arindin wo lo wa ni forum yi na?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 11:06am On Jun 28, 2013
KINGwax: may i remind u ma, that there is no mortuary on Nairaland! If u die so, u go stay rotten ni o undecided

This one wey u dey expand ur throat like crocordie so undecided

Na the same mortuary go bury the boat wey sail you come this earth.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by davidflo(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

how is demdem's statement nonsense? ta ban su ekun ka si ma riran o.. u are too yoruba to deny that you dnt knw its a chieftaincy title. my grandma was the iyalaje of apapa till she died. nw my aunty holds the position..she is nee owolabi, u can verify...y nt complain abt that or is it cuz it aint juicy enuf?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by talktimi(m): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2013
doncaster: Since when?
dont mind the lienus
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by davidflo(m): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2013
slimghost:

If you are the definition of "smart", then am not. cheesy cheesy
ironically this is the smartest post i av seen from you..unlike you i aint claiming to be smart...unlike u,i wanna be smart.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2013
davidflo: how is demdem's statement nonsense? ta ban su ekun ka si ma riran o.. u are too yoruba to deny that you dnt knw its a chieftaincy title. my grandma was the iyalaje of apapa till she died. nw my aunty holds the position..she is nee owolabi, u can verify...y nt complain abt that or is it cuz it aint juicy enuf?

You for don say. I didn't know that the oriburuku and nepotism was a lineage thing. Now I know. Awon were to n je ninu kilu baje na niyi. Awon woobia!

Ase iran awon ole lo ti wa? Awon jegudujera. Awon olosi!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by slimghost(m): 11:12am On Jun 28, 2013
davidflo: ironically this is the smartest post i av seen from you..unlike you i aint claiming to be smart...unlike u,i wanna be smart.

If you are serious about the bolded son, then you should start by denouncing sycophancy and hypocrisy. they can mess up the brain, you know.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2013
Ooo I get u. Just because its termed president general, its not traditional. Then what is the business of the white chief that confered such on behalf of the king.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Desola(f): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2013
slimghost:

If you are serious about the bolded son, then you should start by denouncing sycophancy and hypocrisy. they can mess up the brain, you know.

You get mind, i swear!

See pot calling kettle black!
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by davidflo(m): 11:15am On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

You for don say. I didn't know that the oriburuku and nepotism was a lineage thing. Now I know. Awon were to n je ninu kilu baje na niyi. Awon woobia!

Ase iran awon ole lo ti wa? Awon jegudujera. Awon olosi!
u sound like ur mother really wanted that position and lost it....anyways lets agree to disagree anti mi.. e ma binu...its a forum thingy, still av the utmost respect for u..afterall u are my anti n i am yoruba..
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 11:16am On Jun 28, 2013
slimghost:

Don't you know how daft demdem is? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dafto dimwit. grin
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by skyluv2000(m): 11:16am On Jun 28, 2013
justsayemma: U guys r 4ny,MAXIMILANO et al, d prices of foods dats sky rocketin by d day,despite d voodoo improvement in agric sector,is not ur problem,its who a yoruba institution installs is ur problem.if Ojukwu's son is given a post by d obi of nnewi,n a yoruba man is complaining,wil it make sense 2 u? Y cant u people mind ur underdeveloped states n leave Lag alone?
you talk like a fool, reason like a slowpoke, behave like a tout, relate to issues like periwinkle and am sure you have a gene of imbecility in you, for insulting ibos, that make Lagos what it is today, moreover if Yoruba face what ibos faced in this nation then wud have all turn to beggers like Hausas.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by KINGwax(m): 11:18am On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

Na the same mortuary go bury the boat wey sail you come this earth.
grin see ds aggrieved lady? Na me say make ur fada maltreat u wen u were a kid? Or na me say make ur husband follow housemaid?
Why u come dey frustrate like ds ontop everybody?

Is it because tinubu's daughter has vowed to reshuffle the market sweepers' association? The group wey u be d leader?

Abegi o. No bite me o

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by Demdem(m): 11:18am On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

T[b]hen u put a skirt on urs also.
U have a choice to ignore. That's honourable.[/b]
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos by slimghost(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2013
Desola:

You get mind, i swear!

See pot calling kettle black!

Sharrap and leave me alone. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. I don't condone sycophancy and hypocrisy, you surely know that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Acheju Salome Abuh Buried In Kogi (Photos) / Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 / Pictures PDP Campaign In Dawakin-tofa Kano Hometown Of Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.