Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,949 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics (44797 Views)

Senator Ahmed Zanna Is Dead / Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima Justifies Marriage To 13-year-old Egyptian Girl. / Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Aarenaija: 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2013
This man is not just responsible. It is only in this part of the world that a morally bankrupt soul like him would be in the highest law making body like the senate.

Sorry for Nigeria. "Won ti ke'ran mero".
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by francisbiz: 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
Daughter: Daddy, buy me 60-leave notebook.
Father: What happened to the one I bought last year?
Daughter: It has been used, you know I will write my Junior waec next year, insha allah!
Father: No need to waste money, by next year I will give you out in marriage to Musa the SHOE-MAKER insha allah!
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
Agrika: ..... I dont really get it why my fellow nigerians are getting so worked up over this issue, it is more or less an open secret, that hausa/fulani girls are easily "spoilt" i.e they can easily be corrupted, go to a typical northern city like kano or kaduna, a 13 year old girl already knows how to gyrate her waist, tune her voice to be sexually appealing to a man, a girl of similar age in the south is busy competing with boys in her class for who will clinch the first position,.. as at 12 years the only thing wey full thier head na so so "saurayi"!! (boyfriend/suitor/fiance), imagine what that girl will turn out to be when she reaches the age of 21,... So even if they want to marry off thier daughters straight from thier mother's womb is thier cup of tea, the girls aint complaining, why should you....why una go they take panadol for headache wey no be una own
We are not taking panadol for his headache, the problem i have is that he is a SENATOR of the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, and as Nigerians we all have a stake in the actions and in-actions of our public office holders as they mirror the ability of the Nigerian voter to elect sensible leaders. If a man like yerima is given a seat in the Senate..then we have all lost our electoral sensibilities. I heard he will be running for Presidency/Vice-presidency, we will be waiting for him armed with our Voters card.

*Open message to GEJ*

The easiest way to lose the 2015 election is picking this Yerima guy as a running mate, don't even touch him with longest pole. I assure you, you won't get a fraction of my vote if you do. Even if you win running with him, i will assuaged by the fact that i did my best to stop a VP-pedophile from occupying in the state house.

Yours faithfully,

Dozzybaba
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by erico2k2(m): 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
sincerenigerian: Stop displaying stupidity! Under age marriage is practiced in many parts of the world including USA. 13 year old can get married in US with parental nod. Take your religious war to Saudi Arabia.
Plz just to make you really sound stupid, I mean really stupid, can you name the state in the USA that allows
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Kingspin(m): 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
If people like Yerima can change than Nigeria is save.
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by erico2k2(m): 9:58pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by nerodenero: 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
It is an injustice to the name Senate that so many of her own could be so stupid to pass such a bill.It brings to question the kind of people holding key positions in the country.It is again an eye-opener to the fact that we have not elected the right people to handle the affairs of the nation.This senate is a joke and shame on all of them.
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by emiye(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
The senator is suggesting a wrong solution to a bad problem
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by badaru1(m): 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
Am tired of all these arguments without point. In the first place can those of us here who are lawyers elighten us on section 29 of Nigerian constitution that the house of assembly wanted to amend that generate all these issues. I do not think that section talk about marriage in the first place. From my lay man understanding,the section talk about renounciation of citizen. So where did yerima go wrong? The section talk about the age to attain before one can renounce his or her citizenship,for male 18 while for female I think if she is married,she is considered adult. I thinkmit is better if can always see things from objective angle,rather than these myopic thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
lipsrsealed i knw but am just asking....DO WE STILL HAVE LITTLE GIRLS IN OUR SOCIETY?
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2013
So mr Yerima knew of all these problems in Nigeria and he thought the best way is for those girls to be married off early! Hmmmm!!! Instead of eradicate poverty which is the root cause of these problems, he takes advantage of it to get loaded with children for his perversive sexual satisfaction. Allah ya tsine Ma Ahmed Sani Yerima albarka! Shege tsinanne, dan Iska mai son chin yara. La'ananne kawai

1 Like

Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by treach(m): 10:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
I don't blame u guys, cos u have so many wives, all have be come old fire Wood. Now a bill to marry small girls. So now u guys want to impose ur religion on Nigerians. Una don Fail Dis Exam.
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by nijanigga: 10:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
aurenflani:

So far you're the only poster who showed some level of rational thinking. The rest are just noise makers who themselves are guilty of many things yet have brains that only prompts to accusations against others.
A bloody liar, nobody and no law in Oklahoma state allows a child to be married out at the age 6 or even 12. Under 18 does not mean under 6 as claimed by Yarima. Yarima a know thief still have his hands intact,after all the stealing,we need to apply sharia law to cut his fists off.
http://www.weddingvendors.com/marriage-license-laws/united-states/oklahoma/
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by toshmann(m): 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
Cowboy43: lipsrsealed i knw but am just asking....DO WE STILL HAVE LITTLE GIRLS IN OUR SOCIETY?
No we don't. Once a female baby is born, she develops BR€4$T in 2 minutes and by 5 minutes after birth all her reproductive organs don set.
10 minutes after birth she's already pregnant for the doctor that supervised her mothers pregnancy.
48hrs after birth she's a grandmother.

D'you have another useless question?

angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by lawsbanks: 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
sincerenigerian: Stop displaying stupidity! Under age marriage is practiced in many parts of the world including USA. 13 year old can get married in US with parental nod. Take your religious war to Saudi Arabia.
what do you take girls for sef! What nonsense are you saying.....some toy that u can use to satisfy your urge! This level of obscenity is high......why not let them grow and decide what they really want for their intimate lives and not be rubbished by some old selfish entities...... U hide under the coverts of religion to molest young girls........when they've not even learnt about love and passion.......whether its practised in mars or jupiter is not our problem......what we need is a level of sanity among our leaders and so called MEN that aint seen the young girls on the street to marry but some 6 year old lad is their best option.
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Sommie101: 10:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
Dis z 4rm a grl crying:'giv us pen nt pennis,ask 4 our books nt boobs,pay our skool fees nt bride price,we need education nt ejaculation'....ur bad deeds can still b reversed.gbam
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Mustay(m): 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2013
frankgreat: To the muslim in the house
Is it really in ur teaching that you can marry under age girl? If yes pls answer there questions
1. What will she be doin as a wife at that small age?
2. Will she also b answering mrs yerima in her primary school? Won't that affect her emotionally?
3. Can u publicly make her a 1st lady if u become d president or governor?
4. Would u have intercouse with her?
5. How ll she contribute to ur goal as mr yerima qouted?
And finally will u b called a hapi man?

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/middle-east/416109.html#prev2

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-the-scholar/family/marriage/451654-how-islam-views-early-marriages.html

http://telegraphng.com/2013/07/compatibility-of-the-child-rights-act-with-islamic-legal-principles/
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Desric(m): 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
baby_123: If you were man enough and complete mentally and physically, you will not need to marry a child all in the name of religion who would have never married you if she was given the choice. I am so ashamed of this country that this is a priority. Passing a bill for child brides. When there are other pertinent bills. At least we are now able to identify the craddle-robbers in government. You want to take away the choice of the Nigerian girl child in 2013. How about passing a law that you cannot enter the NASS without a bachelors degree, so we have less of these illiterate, fanatic monsters in power. This country is totally regressing. What is so manly about marrying a child forcefully? What is right about it? Which child will prefer to marry a 50yr old dying man against a boy/man of her peers? If she is below 18, leave her alone! Perverts! Dirty animals!
In a simple sentence, I think you did not take your time to read and understand the young man's statement. And as the problem with Nigeria, sentiments and hypocrisy beclouds our thinking and all we see is usually what we've heard from people and what we think the people wants to hear not really the facts and matters at hand. Once again I urge to go through that write up again and understand in real terms the meaning and factual aspect of it all.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
grin Please if Ur 'Sugar Daddy' is older than Ur Father, don't
bother joining d #ChildNotBride campaign, we are
already fighting for U. grin
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by henrimoto(m): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
people! abeg o, which city yerima say him dey live dey see all d things wey him write? se na d elite quaters 4 abuja, where him dey stay 4 abuja him 4rm dey witness all dis things? na wa oo! make una see person wey say him no dey chop 'pork' meat, but he dey describe how 'pork meat' dey be 4 mouth! haba sane-a-tor!
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by clint77ng: 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
i don't want to believe that Islam supports child abuse.
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Nctrice(m): 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
All this man has succeeded in doing is adding a wrong thing to the long list of wrong things he mentioned !!!

1 Like

Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by orobopasiosio(m): 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
[quote
author=ayox2003]Religion! Oh how thou hast darkened the minds of black
africans - even than those who gave you to them!

Most of those senators who voted were muslims!

Because the Koran says u can marry as much as four wives, Yerima had to
divorce his fourth wife so that he'd be able to marry that Egyptian
girl!

Anyways, to me, the african problem gets 'religionized' by the minute.
When you think we're done with one, the caveman attitude sprouts like a
new forsythia branch. But those who bury their whole existence and
brains in the soil of religion will get the tree of backwardness that
grows on it and all taste from the sour fruit the tree gives. For
instance, Yerima and child marriage.

Frawzey[/quote]

even the marriage was not allowed in egypt, a more respected islamic nation. but here in nigeria, anything goes.
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by Erifenz: 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
This is what You get for voting fools in power
Re: Senator Ahmed Yerima Replies His Critics by orobopasiosio(m): 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
[quote
author=ayox2003]Religion! Oh how thou hast darkened the minds of black
africans - even than those who gave you to them!

Most of those senators who voted were muslims!

Because the Koran says u can marry as much as four wives, Yerima had to
divorce his fourth wife so that he'd be able to marry that Egyptian
girl!

Anyways, to me, the african problem gets 'religionized' by the minute.
When you think we're done with one, the caveman attitude sprouts like a
new forsythia branch. But those who bury their whole existence and
brains in the soil of religion will get the tree of backwardness that
grows on it and all taste from the sour fruit the tree gives. For
instance, Yerima and child marriage.

Frawzey[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T / Buratai Awarding $444k Contract To Girlfriend, Maryam - Jackson Ude Accuses / What Could President-elect Buhari Be Thinking In This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.