Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,956 members, 7,814,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha (45609 Views)

Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Homeless In America, Whose Fault Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by ACM10: 7:19am On Jul 25, 2013
Was Lagos built with Yoruba money or the money accrued from other parts of Nigeria?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by trolling(m): 7:19am On Jul 25, 2013
Truly this people are lost on their identity,how can people of the same bloodline hate on each other... Well I blame their ancestors.. A time would come when you guys would regret hating on each other... Knowledge truly sets free
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by naptu2: 7:21am On Jul 25, 2013
Just like in the case of the so called "child marriage act", a very inflammatory and emotive article has been posted again and people are attacking each other, but very few people are asking the question

What really happened?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by asha80(m): 7:21am On Jul 25, 2013
ballabriggs: Igbo people littered all over Nigeria and the World while their useless Governors continue to eat nkwobi and small stout with their monthly allocation.

Yet, the very ignorant ones come daily on nairaland beating their empty chest, calling Igbo's the greatest of all time.

Perhaps they will spend all that energy calling their useless Governors to action. The average graduate of a University in the SE has very little hope of getting a job in that zone.

These are the things that should bother you all and not telling us how you own VGC and Lekki. Most of you have never even been to those places but perhaps with a few of your village men living there, then it translates to ownership.

You need to get a life, get a proper life. One moment you want Biafra, the next moment you want to own Lagos.
better worry about your basket case bayelsa state.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by capip120(m): 7:21am On Jul 25, 2013
Instead of fleeing their homeland why cant they use their ingenuity to develop it so they wont have to come to another mans homeland and turn to nuisances

Well done Fashola.

Anyone who cant contriute to Lagos State should go back to his state whether its Ekiti, Ebonyi, Zamfara or Bayelsa[/quote]
see dis tribalistic bigot idiot, were it not for ibos and oda tribes do you thnk dat lagos will be wat it seems today?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Afam4eva(m): 7:23am On Jul 25, 2013
naptu2: Just like in the case of the so called "child marriage act", a very inflammatory and emotive article has been posted again and people are attacking each other, but very few people are asking the question

What really happened?
Humans are emotional creatures and it's understandable. We've not been asking if all the bad news we read on daily basis is true but we accept them and vent our frustration. Why should this one be different. Because it involves the Lagos state government?

@topic
I've said and will keep saying it, as long as Lagos remains a part of NIgeria then it has no constitutional right to deport any citizen of Nigeria. Lagos is not a country but a state that makes up the federation. If they're tired of being part of NIgeria then they're free to ask for independence.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by nijanigga: 7:25am On Jul 25, 2013
kettykin: If it took the British empire, the Soviet union the arab world, the islamic Republic of Egypt the whole of the northern Nigeria, the mest, the some parts of the Midwest , ijaws, middle belters 30 months to militarily subdue biafrans and 10 years for biafrans to emerge from the wicked and insensitive economic policies skewed against them through the £20 policy, the abandoned property policies, the indigenisation decree, the ban on importation of sone goods, then what on earth makes these lunatics think that by deportation of igbo citizens from lagos or closing down the businesses of igbos or even by proxy setting fire to igbo property or extortion of igbo traders they can wage an unnecessary economic war on igbos and win
They're lucky, they would have been dumped in Boko haram infested states,like Yobe or Bornu states. Anywhere Ibo people conglomerated, be sure to see crime rate skyrocketed, kidnapping, drug pushing and all sorts of crimes. I just hope they declare biafra again, this time we will support them with a caveat.
"keduzi ife na eme obodo anyi? nwannem ike agwugo mu ofe nmanu." I bu ezigbo azu amu.. atulu na enweghi onye nche.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Rhino5dm: 7:26am On Jul 25, 2013
kettykin: The end of lagos as Nigeria's commercial capital is getting nearer than expected no thanks to the insensitivity of a lawyer who knows nothing about economics

This is what your forefathers said. But where are they now, still begging for common bridge and dredging of river niger? The south west WILL, SHALL AND MUST progress whether you like it or not. Deal with it!

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by ballabriggs: 7:26am On Jul 25, 2013
asha 80: better worry about your basket case bayelsa state.

My people say, "Nwa mkpi n'agba ahuonu, onyeweya n'gbakwa ahuonu. Esi ahia, anyi ga ma onye ga pun ibeya aga ahia".

You see I look at you people and I laugh. Those people you all think are "fools" and "aboki" are actually more intelligent than you people think.

What annoys me is, when they finally beat you people to the game, you all start moaning.

Why not sit down and organise yourselves instead of this empty daily chest beating of greatness.

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 25, 2013
Can a yoruba man develop a state?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by nijanigga: 7:28am On Jul 25, 2013
Eko Atlantic: I'm not against this because of hundreds of crimes ibos bring from their states to SW, hence increasing crime rate in southwest.

The briton that was kidnapped in Lagos on Monday was the handiwork of the ibos, same with the wife of one honorable like that in one of the SW states.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307240347.html/

Omo, you forgot to add another Ibo scammer operating in Lagos,before being nabbed at Abuja. Read his story below.

source: http://saharareporters.com/press-release/efcc-press-release-efcc-arrests-princewell-arinze-chukwueze-92000-scam

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by ak4God(m): 7:29am On Jul 25, 2013
When Lagos Government extradicted the Nothern destitutes,he did right but now d tun of Eastern destsitutes his wrong?Either you have a Job in Lagos or not so far you dont constitute nuisance,there is no way government can evict u.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 25, 2013
it's baffling that cos of tribalism, some bigots dont see this act of fashola as unpatriotic and unconstitutional

when will we rid ourselves of this tribalism and preach out against these crimes commited by our leaders?..when?...

Eko ile has made this thread a tribalistic thread with his comments and then logs off to laugh at the gullible ones.. How that nigga derives joy from seeing yoruba and igbos fighting on NL everyday gives me the creeps... How can someone feel good within himself that people are posting vile comments and throwing tribalistic slurs cos of his incessant tribalistic inducing comments?... *spits*

human beings dey sha...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by bonetalk(m): 7:31am On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu: Instead of fleeing their homeland why cant they use their ingenuity to develop it so they wont have to come to another mans homeland and turn to nuisances

Well done Fashola.

Anyone who cant contriute to Lagos State should go back to his state whether its Ekiti, Ebonyi, Zamfara or Bayelsa
y mentioning Ekiti, becareful!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by nijanigga: 7:32am On Jul 25, 2013
ACM10: Was Lagos built with Yoruba money or the money accrued from other parts of Nigeria?
You've answered your question. Economic capital of Nigeria is Lagos, importers will tell you that and all extremely rich Nigerians have businesses in Lagos. If you doubt me, ask Dangote,who rarely visit his state of origin.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Decryptor(m): 7:32am On Jul 25, 2013
Onlytruth: The fact remains that if Lagos state is tired of the Nigerian project, it should go ahead and secede today.
What Lagos is doing is CRIMINAL VIOLATION of Nigerian citizens CONSTITUTIONAL rights.

When Igbo got tired of Nigeria in 1967, we sacrificed 2 million of our people to try to secede. To me that is a demonstration of seriousness and bravery.

This cowardly backdoor secession won't work.

We Ndigbo really should hold the IG accountable because it seems that the IG is constantly making NIGERIAN POLICE men available for these types of open violation of the Nigerian constitution.

Our governors should hold Jonathan's feet to fire over the IG's indirect support for discrimination against innocent Nigerians by cowards who can't speak directly.
Well said! What do you expect from the people of the SW who are bunch of cowards and never-do-well møгøns who only bark and not bite? You displaced destitutes from Lagos? Why not attempt to displace traders who make up the crux of Alaba Market and computer village just to mention a few, then we will see who truly owns Lagos?
Eko ni bad jest!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Freewilly(f): 7:32am On Jul 25, 2013
Afam4eva:
Humans are emotional creatures and it's understandable. We've not been asking if all the bad news we read on daily basis is true but we accept them and vent our frustration. Why should this one be different. Because it involves the Lagos state government?

@topic
I've said and will keep saying it, as long as Lagos remains a part of NIgeria then it has no constitutional right to deport any citizen of Nigeria. Lagos is not a country but a state that makes up the federation. If they're tired of being part of NIgeria then they're free to ask for independence.

True talk my brother, I seem to be liking you more and more these days Afam.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by ballabriggs: 7:32am On Jul 25, 2013
ak4God: When Lagos Government extradicted the Nothern destitutes,he did right but now d tun of Eastern destsitutes his wrong?Either you have a Job in Lagos or not so far you dont constitute nuisance,there is no way government can evict u.

When their Governors prevented Fulani herdsmen from going into their zones, it was the right thing but Lagos stopping the nuisance is the wrong thing.

Hypocrites!!! One moment they want Biafra, the next moment they want to own Lagos. They are littered all over Nigeria as if they will allow others to be in their places in a similar way.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Symphony007: 7:34am On Jul 25, 2013
This thread is like two destitudes arguing who is better than the other.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by asha80(m): 7:35am On Jul 25, 2013
ballabriggs:

My people say, "Nwa mkpi n'agba ahuonu, onyeweya n'gbakwa ahuonu. Esi ahia, anyi ga ma onye ga pun ibeya aga ahia".

You see I look at you people and I laugh. Those people you all think are "fools" and "aboki" are actually more intelligent than you people think.

What annoys me is, when they finally beat you people to the game, you all start moaning.

Why not sit down and organise yourselves instead of this empty daily chest beating of greatness.
like i said worry about your basket case bayelsa state.i was just observing the thread and laughing at the exchanges until you came in.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 25, 2013
bonetalk: y mentioning Ekiti, becareful!!!
He should have mentioned Oyo his state.

Lagos dumps 120 'adura-agba' merchants in Oyo. grin

www.nairaland.com/260272/re-lagos-deports-beggars-ibadan

There are more beggars in Ogbomosho than in the whole of Eastern Nigeria put together. grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 25, 2013
ilugunboy:

Obviously you are too dumb to see that the joke on the post you quoted is on you.... grin grin

I wonder o o o

People who can't even decipher sarcasm . ..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by kettykin: 7:40am On Jul 25, 2013
The governors of the south eastern states should be getting ready to retaliate by eviction of yoruba who have no tangible means of livelihood in onitsha and aba, very strident criteria to be used are tax certificates, genuine annual registration fees these should be meted out to the former occupants of the bridge head market, the traders and tailors in aba and onitsha the herbalists prophets pastors churches like winners and redeemed, . This economic war should be extended to enugu , umuahia, owerri awka, ,nnewi .
To all goods s manufactured in lagos and sold in the east or imported from lagos and sold in the east an import duties shoud be imposed while similar goods should be manufactured in the east, all companies headquartered in lagos and doing business un the east will pay taxes , annual registration fees while similar businesses should be started in the east. Of particular reference is the flour mill, wapco and wamco, nestle, Unilever, glo mobile, mtn, aitel Etisalat, stallion foods, Cadbury foods, ok foods, the fruits juice companies, while lagos and the west can impose whatever taxes on goods coming un to the west from the east

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by asha80(m): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2013
ballabriggs:

When their Governors prevented Fulani herdsmen from going into their zones, it was the right thing but Lagos stopping the nuisance is the wrong thing.

Hypocrites!!! One moment they want Biafra, the next moment they want to own Lagos. They are littered all over Nigeria as if they will allow others to be in their places in a similar way.
yea like all the hausas at numerous ama hausa all over the south east are being disturbed.why not learn a business and enter the east.i guess all your time in owerri you were persecuted for being and ijaw.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by deeptesting(m): 7:44am On Jul 25, 2013
I am happy my siblings have something eating up their time rather than roaming the streets, due to ASUU strike. You can continue the tribal war.
@ topic: the action of the Lagos state Government is wrong and hope they will be bold enough to tender an unreserved apology.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Decryptor(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2013
ballabriggs:

So tell me...who owns Lagos? Who owns the major private conglomerates in Lagos such as Coscharis and others? Tell me what major company in Lagos owned by a yoruba man? I know you'd mention Globacom (reminder: It is a venture jointly owned by IBB, Adenuga and the rest)
All you møгøns know is chest beating and noise-making! We developed Lagos so we own it! If the Ibos decide to carry out a mass exodus out of Lagos, it would become a desolate land covered with sh.it! Even Fowlshola and Tinubu knows it! So stop barking and run into your cage. Bingo

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by na2day(m): 7:47am On Jul 25, 2013
Nigeria is a banana republic!
Where the so called constitution is routinely trashed!
Many here, crying constitution, who in this pile of earth is obeying it?
GEJ always do as he wish while rubbishing the book, why am I not surprised if the governors follow the same path of lawlessness?

I've always been cautioning our brothers from the east, the kind of caustic and corrosive words they use on their fellow Nigerians especially the yorubas.
Nairaland is a faceless forum and I can assure you that nigerian policy makers are here under different guises, I will not be surprised if Fashola himself is here. You cannot continue to enjoy the hospitality of your host and at the same time come online to heap insults and abuses on him.

Let's all take it easy with all the unguarded words, written to disparage each other.

The way people talk here, whipping up anti tribal sentiments, let me assure you all, when the chickens come home to roost, Rwanda will be a tea party.

Let's all jettison all these hatred before it consumes us all!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by chino11(m): 7:47am On Jul 25, 2013
This is getting out of hand..lagos should be warned!

The annoying thing is that those people are not even Anambrans in the first place. Here in Onitsha there are 1000s of Yorubas doing there business without molestation. Recently Obi gave them land along with their hausa cousins since they lead similar type of life.

Apart from lagos which was developed by FG, Igbos and hausas, am yet to see any other habitable yuruba state. I think is high time FG take over its projects domiciled in lagos and let see what remains of lagos. All the infrastructures as we have it in lagos was done by FG when it was then FCT. What fasole succeeded in doing was to paint the roads for 8years.

This madness got to stop..or else..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Soldier Onubah Years After Killing His Brother In Borno(photos / Igboho Wept Like A Child, His Wife Was Crying Too - Lawyer / Video Of Nnamdi Kanu's House After Army Invasion; His Dog Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.