Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,927 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (46407 Views)

Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by chucky234(m): 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
coogar:

the thought process of the average nigerian in nigeria is a closed loop. once he closes at work, his brain is in a turmoil thinking about traffic, power supply, how to quickly iron his work clothes for the next day, security, etc.

these are the daily thoughts of the average nigerian - when does he really have the time to think about other stuff? even when he does, he spends less time than his counterpart abroad who does not have these issues on his tab.

Who thinks of power supply with I-pass-my-neighbour generators going for as low as 10k, our diasporian brothers are amateur drivers thats why they are always bothered about the traffic, we in Lagos are expert seasoned drivers thats why traffic is the least of our problems

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
afolabiola58: wow! wow!! wow!!!
Jennykadry? Do u knw I wud av dropped my hat 4 u had it been a wise outburst? Posterity 4 judge u 4 al dis names u r callin ur country al because of u bn a second class citizen over there BECAUSE am vry sure 'if u check ur phlogenetic tree, its likely dat som of ur family members (ancestors) wud av contributed either 'directly or indirectly' 2 bring dis nation to it pitiable predicament::::dats y God will reward u accordingly

What rubbish are you yearning Intelligence is scarce in Naija nowadays, smh for this nation...the lady is brutally frank yet you cannot see beyond your nose

I rest my case
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by dridowu: 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
imauri:

y(why) shd(should) i(correct) 8(hate) nigerians living aboard(abroad), i wll(will) never 8(hate) nigerians living aboard(abroad).......cos(accepted) i still dream of living aboard(abroad)...... oya, 2nd attempt... dont be ashamed or shy...
thank you , mr teacher

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by coogar: 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
Billyonaire: This OP just insulted over 150, 000, 000 Nigerians, most of which she is not qualified to clean their shoes.

No one truly hate you runnerway personally, but I guess people hate yhe cowardice in diasporans who do nothing than criticise.

The fact that you run out to live an easy life doesn't mean most dont travel out now. But we chose to be home, cos home is where heart is. Same reason you find yourself on nairaland than Huffington post.

I know life was tougher for you before you escaped your misery but allow some of the respect while we fight the governments to fix the mess.

Do not insult Nigerians at home cos even you dont come soon, at death you will need mourners to welcome you at "earport".

as usual, your post lacks common sense...

your experience is the major driver of the opinion you form about issues. jenny went to nigeria and she felt mistreated even by his own fellow nigerians, is it out of place for her to air her opinions about it?

nigeria will always appear in different hues of colour to different people. some people are having it extremely good in nigeria and some are barely existing in the same country - that does not give you the right to shout down the other divide when they talk about their experience.

this is exactly what the thread is about - majority of nigerians are too quick to judge. some of you lots didn't even read the body of the post before pulling out your daggers like mallams high on khat!

chucky234: Who thinks of power supply with I-pass-my-neighbour generators going for as low as 10k, our diasporian brothers are amateur drivers thats why they are always bothered about the traffic, we in Lagos are expert seasoned drivers thats traffic is the least of our problems

so amateur driving is the reason people spend 4-6 hours to commute from their office to their homes? surely, you must be winding me up!
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Chillisauce: OP, how old are you? 10?

You must really have a very low IQ! writing about the ills in Nigeria is different from saying NIN jealous NID. You brain should tell you most ppl those behind the monikers known for statement like " toilet cleaner, dish washers" are just using it for fun or they lack intelligence.
You writing this trash on jealousy clearly put you and them in same level.

Btw, am Nigerian married to a foreigner, with kids .living in the west but I don't see myself stooping down so low to write this, or about how ppl are jealous of me or my career. Only ppl with low self esteem will feel bad if someone calls them a dishwasher. What is even wrong being a dish washer

I totally support the ills you pointed out but you killed it by making comments about jealousy.

Enjoy your thread!

My friend shut up and go cuddle up to that woman you married for papers.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by oduaboy1: 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Am not beefing diasporans infact am happy for many of them for having a chance to look for a better life outside this country but poking it in face of 170,000,000 nigerians who have no where else to run to except living in this country is nothing short of crass stupidity and mere childliness.
Well not suprised though the op is known for opening useless and stupid threads bereft of critical thinking,we refer to her type in yoruba as Ade eko di ere.

18 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by MitchDLeo(m): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
I agree with your thought but the Question is do the Nigerians in Naija want to Learn, am referring to majority. Our people hate changes and thats wats slowing our countries growth.
A-town:

Mrs Jenny Kadry,

I think by starting this thread and making some of the comments, you erred big time. Yes there may be people who beef NID and wot not. As a diasporan that has benefitted from the west, the onus is on you to show THEM THE RIGHT way. How about trying to do things that will educate them/make them be less critical. How about putting some of the skills that you have gained into good use when you are back in the country. You are a NIGERIAN first and everything you are today is attributed to being a NIGERIAN. The only reason you appreciate AUSTRALIA is because you have seen WORSE conditions in Nigeria. Rather than castigate these people, you can help alleviate the problem. The only common denomination here is POVERTY. THe only people that have time to beef anyone are the poor ones. THe rich people in nigeria don't have time for that because they are too busy making more money or enjoying their fabolous lives.

As an example, how many times have you seen a diasporan come back to the country, buy gala and fan yogo and then toss it out the window when they wouldn't do such in their country of domicile?
How many times have you seen diasporans come back in the country, have to line up at an office or something and then use their status/pay someone to get ahead of the line?
Their are tonnes of examples available. The question is, is it right for you to accuse a poor man for being oppressed?
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
attention seeker
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
Jenny Kadry!!

This thread is dead-on-arrival... angry

Personally... I dont hate Nigerians living abroad.. I just pity most of them.

Niggas.. Trying to feel superior to fellow Niggas, just because the white man gave you a Visa.. grin

15 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Allohrandy(m): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
No country in this world is perfect.. every country has its own percular problems..There is corruption in America and other western countries just like there is Nigeria. There is also police brutality in America especially to blacks and other minorities in America. infact 1 out of 7 black men in America has been in prison or jail.There are more black Americans male in prison than they are in college . yes a black man is US president but there is still discrimination in getting job in US. The black unemployment rate is twice that of white and its about 25% of blacks are unemployed.Most western countries are also experiencing proverty too..infact the unemployment rate in most European country is quite high too just like in Nigeria..Spain has an unemployment rate of 26%, Greece has an unemployment rate of 28%.

I don't believe staying abroad makes you better than Nigerians at home..heck if you are Nigerian at home and you have more than 10 dollars in your pockets, you are technically richer than 50% of Americans..most Americans are in debt and owe credit card bills, bank loans, IRS back taxes and late on their morgage payment.. The US economy isn't strong like the way it was in the 1980s and 90s.. No thanks to Bush that wasted 1 Trillion dollars on the Iraq and Afganistan war.

There is proverty in America too just like there is Nigeria. 47 million US citizens are on food stamp and need the government welfare to survive. The price of gasoline in America is now $4 per gallon almost twice the cost in Nigeria. Crime is quite high here just like in Nigeria because any idiot has access to guns. I watch on the news that an Australian was killed by some American teens just for fun.

Yes Nigeria is bad and things are not working perfectly but its not perfect in any country too.. There is still proverty, crime, homeless and unemployment everywhere..I don't think a Nigerian abroad is any better than those at home because its all about your destiny and hardwork.. There are many sucessful Nigerians at home just like they are sucessful Nigerians abroad and there are also many poor Nigerians trying to survive abroad just like they are poor Nigerians at home.

8 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
Muscomide: Shame on you, JennyKadry. You stay in your 'diaspora'and cast aspersions on your fatherland, Nigeria. Pray tell, who do you expect to develop and improve Nigeria for you to enjoy? It falls upon each and everyone of us to contribute our quota to the development of Nigeria. How dare you? A Yoruba adage says only a bastard of a child points to his or her father's home using a finger from the left hand. If the cap fits you, JennyKadry, you wear it!! And before you accuse me of jealousy, I also, am in diaspora and have dual nationality.

No you don't have dual citizenship, you are based in okoko and managing your MB, so it is easier for you to come here and talk trash
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Caracta(f): 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
Smh...nonsense! cool

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
Okija_juju: Jenny Kadry!!

Niggas.. Trying to feel superior to fellow Niggas, just because the white man gave you a Visa.. grin

Lol Okija nwannem nwoke? How far
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Chinwem(f): 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
1forall: I read through the thread on the subject of the girl in Canada who said she'd get rid of her Nig passport. With so much premium idiocy on display there I couldn't comment because I find it quite tasking to exchange views with dolts.

Where do you start from when those you're trying to engage do not understand the meaning of propriety?
See, in trying to save on expensive data, many probably didn't watch the video, some wouldn't even read the 1st post! You need to understand too that many of these posters on NL are just kids with mobile phones and are; according to Sagamite, truly 'cretinous products of a failed education system' cheesy which is actually a very apt description giving the kind of common-sense defying arguments they make.

Clearly it's just a defense mechanism employed to masquerade the misery and despair of the hapless Nigerian situation. It's glaring that they're living in denial of obvious fact and as for me, I feel more of shame and pity for such folk. Even Fela the almighty activist after he had screamed and shouted, got fed up to where he sang 'Look and Laugh' so, I just read and laugh grin

Well written.
Nigeria jaga jaga.......everything scatter scatter ......... sad too bad
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
chucky234: Who thinks of power supply with I-pass-my-neighbour generators going for as low as 10k, our diasporian brothers are amateur drivers thats why they are always bothered about the traffic, we in Lagos are expert seasoned drivers thats traffic is the least of our problems

What kind of twisted reasoning is this God punish our leaders that have made the country the way it is. So because you drive in a rowdy environment you have become an expert driver; smh

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
These same NIN are busy traveling to obodo oyibo to have their babies, if Nigeria was so superb why are many of the rich seeking citizenship elsewhere for their kids??

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by sunsky29(m): 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
sunsky29: av bin silent,am a die hard naija guy here.nw i wl put my own tori.dis obodo oyinbo tink say dm get moni?if thr ar nt schoolin thr.they ar washn plates or toilets there.

our landlord came bk frm u.k,dn d man ejectd 1 of d tenant on the grnd dat he wantd 2 tk d apartment 4 hz pesnal use..d guy packd out o.d next day d guy(tenant) came to pick hiz masta bedrum large wall mirror...u cn c d drama na. D america returnee no wan gv d guy im mirror again..na so d landlord leave dat syd e da cum da drag 4 wall tenant wall mirror?

d man sef eh. And ds mugu cum here da hala rubish to we home based eaglez?.if u c d tori eh.u go even say y pipu da rush go outsyd d country,only to cm bk da drag 4 dia tenant property...poor diasporan.atink say d landlord go america to fynd grena pasurez.abi e no c am.mayb na toilet e go da wash dia.OP,NA THUNDA GO FIRE UR WIDE YANSH.neva u insult my naija.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by coogar: 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]Jenny Kadry!!

okija-juju, describe your quality of life in 12 sentences. i am talking about your life in the city - not when you are wearing your juju-embroided red mini-skirt @ okija shrine.

jennykadry: These same NIN are busy traveling to obodo oyibo to have their babies, if Nigeria was so superb why are many of the rich seeking citizenship elsewhere for their kids??

a country where 500,000 pregnant women die annually? grin mike adenuga's daughter flew to the USA to have her child even though her father could afford the best hands in nigeria. if a slave-ship berths at apapa this evening, over 80% of the nigerian population would jump into it voluntarily - they would sink the ship before it leaves nigeria. grin

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Chinwem(f): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
coogar:

you mean one can apply online?
really? university application forms can be completed online? damn - i never knew o. thanks for opening my eyes. meanwhile, who do i have to pay to fill this form? i reside in one of the most remote parts of enugu and using the internet is quite expensive here. most times, i have had to climb palm trees or MTN masts to connect to the internet. right now, i am on a tree and once rain starts to fall i must get down to avoid the risk of falling.......

in a nutshell, can you help me fill the form?

grin grin grin laughter is the best medicine.......Chei!!!
There are some people you learn never to mess with on this forum and this is definitely one of them.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
coogar:

stats to back up the fact that there's no electricity in nigeria? stats to back up there's no security? stats to back up the untold hardship motorists suffer in long traffics? come on - where's your 6th sense?

omo ibo, can i get an invitation from you?

Answer the question and stop diverting. You said the thought process of an average nigeria is closed loop and i asked if you had stats?
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
coogar:

okija-juju, describe your quality of life in 12 sentences. i am talking about your life in the city - not when you are wearing your juju-embroided red mini-skirt @ okija shrine.

Buahahahahahahahahahahah @mini skirt

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by MitchDLeo(m): 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
Unfortunately its BOTH. Foreigners only look at us as Nigerians, not Nigerians in naija or Nigerians in Diaspora. We keep dividing and deceiving our selfs sad sad sad sad.

collynzo2: It's amazing that with all the 'super Nigerians' in diaspora, Nigerians still have a very bad image! I've seen foreigners (who have never been to Nigeria) write and say stuffs like: Nigerians stink (they don't use deodorants)
Nigerians are rude
Nigerians are thieves and all that.
I doubt if it's the Nigerians at home that built this image.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by chucky234(m): 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
coogar:

as usual, your post lacks common sense...

your experience is the major driver of the opinion you form about issues. jenny went to nigeria and she felt mistreated even by his own fellow nigerians, is it out of place for her to air her opinions about it?

nigeria will always appear in different hues of colour to different people. some people are having it extremely good in nigeria and some are barely existing in the same country - that does not give you the right to shout down the other divide when they talk about their experience.

this is exactly what the thread is about - majority of nigerians are too quick to judge. some of you lots didn't even read the body of the post before pulling out your daggers like mallams high on khat!

so amateur driving is the reason people spend 4-6 hours to commute from their office to their homes? surely, you must be winding me up!
People who spends 4-6 hrs to commute from offices to homes are prolly JJC who have little or no knowledge of the many alternative routes around.
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
coogar:

is it the same moet that mr patel sells at £25 you are talking about like it's diamond. the ones you even drink in the clubs in nigeria are mostly fake. biko, priorities differ when talking about lifestyle. to you, popping champagne is the pinnacle of achievement......to the average diasporan, his thinking is way ahead.

i cannot believe omo ibo would return o - i thought your love for stamford bridge would motivate you to buy a mortgage in belgravia or kessington gardens.

Forget whatever Mr Patel is selling. Quality is different from quantity. I know boys wey never go Cotonou and would run down any bar in London... NAIJAREPPIN TILL I DIE.. Lagos hustler toh gbayi mehn..I wouldn't trade This place for anywhere in the world ifI have money. If police no protect me,enuff area boys go die for me. Who wan bother me for tax?worse,I go pay am if I'm caught evading unlike u folks abroad,try evade and spend half a lifetime in jail... I can do almost anything in this country. Nowhere like the place I from..

5 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by collynzo2(m): 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
jennykadry:

Eediot, was he kidnapped? Dunce
Your posts are always wrapped in stupidity. I don't even know where to start from in asnwering that question. This is someone who wants to come back and 'take our jobs'. With the kind of IQ you've displayed here?

8 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by ifebosco: 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
jennykadry:

Good to know you have only been to three countries and thought it wise to brag about it here, a complete proof of pot calling kettle black cheesy. Yes destinies differ, we do not hate you people that live in that cursed nation, so don't hate us that believe and know that that country isn't up to our standards and for that reason choose to live outside the country. wink
i accept all your criticism towards nigeria as a country,but don´t forget that were you are living right now, somebody fought for its freedom and development.just an advice
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
collynzo2: Your posts are always wrapped in stupidity. I don't even know where to start from in asnwering that question. This is someone who wants to come back and 'take our jobs'. With the kind of IQ you've displayed here?

Shuuushhh you market man, you are the type that will be seen in the market place at oyingbo, "pricing" knorr chicken cube with those market women. Ode
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by successking: 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
jennykadry: These same NIN are busy traveling to obodo oyibo to have their babies, if Nigeria was so superb why are many of the rich seeking citizenship elsewhere for their kids??

Taking a deep look at Nigeria, one will see clearly that Nigeria is not cursed in any way, but people like you who preferred slavery to freedom in a modern free world are cursed.

5 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by coogar: 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
A-town:

Answer the question and stop diverting. You said the thought process of an average nigeria is closed loop and i asked if you had stats?

i don't need statistics to tell you what i hear/know/see. the average nigerian leaves his house around 4am. many don't return back till late in the night. why exactly do you think the life expectancy in nigeria is 47?

sanniemoe:
Forget whatever Mr Patel is selling. Quality is different from quantity. I know boys wey never go Cotonou and would run down any bar in London... NAIJAREPPIN TILL I DIE.. Lagos hustler toh gbayi mehn..I wouldn't trade This place for anywhere in the world ifI have money. if police no protect me,enuff area boys go die for me. Who wan bother me for tax?worse,I go pay am if I'm caught evading unlike u folks abroad,try evade and spend half a lifetime in jail... I can do almost anything in this country. Nowhere like the place I from..

i would be embarrassed to write the above about my beloved country.

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
successking:

Taking a deep look at Nigeria, one will see clearly that Nigeria is not cursed in any way, but people like you who preferred slavery to freedom in a modern free world are cursed.

My friend go and sleep
Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by chucky234(m): 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
Donxavier:

What kind of twisted reasoning is this God punish our leaders that have made the country the way it is. So because you drive in a rowdy environment you have become an expert driver; smh
Why you spoil my debate na, wetin rowdy inside the roads.
Park well for corner jare, so hold-ups no dey happen for abroad abi

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? by HarvardGrad: 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
You are an id1ot Jennifer Kadry. How dare you refer to Nigeria as a Sh*t hole! I am always proud to be identified as a Nigerian wherever I go, and guess what? I am going back home after living in this hell-hole you call ' a westernized country'

I am a Nigerian in the diaspora and I endorse this message.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Oguta Lake: Two Angry Rivers Flow Without Ever Coming Together / Photos From The Accident Along Lekki Ajah Road This Evening / UAE Announces 10-year Golden Visa Approval For Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.