Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,381 members, 7,843,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? (11528 Views)

“don’t Marry Outside RCCG, Don’t Marry A Jobless Man” – Pastor Adeboye / Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 16, 2013
Yield: I know many Nigerian parents are against their kids marrying outside their tribe and many people don't want to go against their parents' wishes, so I get where you're coming from. My ex broke up with his ex because she's from another tribe and his parents, especially his mom, holds certain notions about this particular tribe (which I do not want to get into). It is us, the children, who're perpetrating some of our parents' prejudices simply by keeping silent.
Hey note, my mum doesn't hate other tribes. Infact, she has been involved in an intertribal relationship during her youthful days and all the family drama that happened led to her sentiments (which I share). The problem is not with my family, but my family-in-law to be! My mum will not put a rope to my neck if I insist I wanna marry from another tribe(she respects my opinion as well). But in this context, I share her sentiments! And I know why...

El Guapo:

Only in movies?

Boy u're clamped to dumb notions really and would live with regrets if you dont regress in time to make self thought up decision.

You can go on to tell us your parents also specify the kinda snacks u take, shoes u wear, songs u listen to etc - Just tell us at ur late twenty ur Parents' preferences are imposed on you.

Grasp a premonition when one calls.
Is this one okay undecided? Mtcheeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by tpia5: 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
not sure why people want to be patted on the back just because they chose to date from somewhere.

how exactly does all this concern others outside the trumpeting.

when too much noise is made over something in YOUR PERSONAL LIFE, shows the noisemaker has serious doubts they are trying to cover.

if you're convinced of your decision, you wont need to make so much noise over it.

na party?
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Boll2010: 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
sweetBummsy: 30keh? Abeg o am stil a teenager o. No spoil market 4me
on a more serious note u luk late 20's early 30's
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by ichidodo: 11:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
vivianc:

Representing Imo here.............. But before I pm you..................... what's your net worth? pm me your audited financial statement cos i don't want any window dressing.

Soup wey sweet na better money kill am.As an Imolite, i understand the true value of an igbo ( especially imo) woman.Does the palmwine tapper climb the raffia palm with his bare hands when he shouts to his colleagues 'I am ready' ? Does a man wrestle with a python unprepared? Nne,Please let mi not talk too much let us gone down low and conclude this treatise.......PiM mi.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:26am On Sep 17, 2013
why did the deer cross the road? It thought the grass was greener on the other-side, until it got hit by the truck on the motorway.

Moral of the story...

i go let una finish that one.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Agrika: 10:36am On Sep 17, 2013
As a typical igbo babe, an Anambra babe to be precise sef....i dont see any reason why i will marry someone outside my tribe, cause igbo men are complete through and through...they have got the looks, are caring enough, enterprising,romantic, industrious etc ...in short just name it they have it all...so why go to sokoto to look for what is already inside my shokoto

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by dmcdad: 10:52am On Sep 17, 2013
^^^^ Good for you...
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 17, 2013
I CAN BUT DEFINITELY NOT IGBO...THE IGBO CULTURE AND TRADITION IS TOO ODD,WAY TOO ABSURD FOR ME. THATS THE ONLY TRIBE I KNOW BEING A DIVORCEE IS NO BIGGIE & THE ODDS OF THE LADY CHEATING IS LIKE 70%..

no disrespect. Just my thoughts

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Agrika: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2013
@ sanniemoe, i had to restrain myself from insulting the daylights out of you when i first read your post, for your information due to the predominant catholic presence in igbo land, divorce is more or less seen as a taboo, the traditional religion abhors it sef thats why a typical igbo woman will rather "endure" whatever kind of character being displayed by her hubby than to leave the marriage, as for your claim to infidelity, hmmm i wont even answer you untill you tell us what tribe you are from?.....and by the way the last time i checked most igbo girls dont like marrying non-igbo men.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
Agrika: As a typical igbo babe, an Anambra babe to be precise sef....i dont see any reason why i will marry someone outside my tribe, cause igbo men are complete through and through...they have got the looks, are caring enough, enterprising,romantic, industrious etc ...in short just name it they have it all...so why go to sokoto to look for what is already inside my sokoto

@Agrika, ur head correct, nothing do you... wink

By the way, na y go to sokoto to look for wat is in my shokoto... i know say na typo error.

Correct Babe. cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
Agrika: @ sanniemoe, i had to restrain myself from insulting the daylights out of you when i first read your post, for your information due to the predominant catholic presence in igbo land, divorce is more or less seen as a taboo, the traditional religion abhors it sef thats why a typical igbo woman will rather "endure" whatever kind of character being displayed by her hubby than to leave the marriage, as for your claim to infidelity, hmmm i wont even answer you untill you tell us what tribe you are from?.....and by the way the last time i checked most igbo girls dont like marrying non-igbo men.

Not every tribe is perfect, Igbo inclusive, so don't take offense when someone doesn't find it appealing. Just as you think "Igbo men have it all", someone will think another tribe has it all.

God punish stereotypes.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Lilimax(f): 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
LastApostle: I dread yoruba women(too dirty)grin

I despise northern women except benue/plateau breed.

I do ibo ladies( though materialistic). They are home keepers and committed in their marriages.

I can do upland rivers state but the riverine ones are something else.

Delta girls rocks ( they are the sophisticated breeds in Nigeria)

Akwa ibom/ Calabar women are the bomb and I don't mind committing to any!

Foreign marriage/ relationship? Count me out. Such don't last. A time bomb!!!

But the bible said: Marry from your tribe for maximum peace of MIND.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Lilimax(f): 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
speedyboi: I would have loved to. But I'm pretty sure my mummy won't let me (and I respect her decision not matter what) and my bride's family will probably also pick up a case. So I'd rather not complicate my relationship with too many 'odds'.
Nwa mummy. Better watch it wink
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
ogugua88:

Not every tribe is perfect, Igbo inclusive, so don't take offense when someone doesn't find it appealing. Just as you think "Igbo men have it all", someone will think another tribe has it all.

God punish stereotypes.

tpia@:

and why do people intentionally date tribes they know their parents wont approve of, then come back to complain?

if you make the decision, then face it squarely, one should assume you have counted the cost?

not sure why people want to be patted on the back just because they chose to date from somewhere.

how exactly does all this concern others outside the trumpeting.

when too much noise is made over something in YOUR PERSONAL LIFE, shows the noisemaker has serious doubts they are trying to cover.

if you're convinced of your decision, you wont need to make so much noise over it.

na party?
hehehehe! cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Mynd44: 4:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
I smell a debate coming. Someone is about to get puverized grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Danhumprey: 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
We are all broke ooooo. But you can have a little of my garri
Oh Lawd!!! Why?! grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Mynd44: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
Danhumprey: Oh Lawd!!! Why?! grin
Don't laugh at me cos we are broke na ;(
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by 2kurupt(m): 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
duffie: Yes, I can..I'm kalabari/rivers state.

Does a different 'Ama' or 'Polo' count?

@Topic. I don't see the big deal where she's from coz marital compatibility does not know tongue nor tribe
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hey yo tpia
Are you high on combatrin? Why are you always upset? grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Daresh(f): 6:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
not only tribe, i still want to marry outside my race. Maybe an Arab or Indian.
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
Lilimax: Nwa mummy. Better watch it wink

Lol, trust me when i say I'm not Mummy's boy! wink wink. My ex can testify to that!
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by MrsChima(f): 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
White men rocks! wink

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Boll2010: 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
White men rocks! wink
puke
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
Boll2010: puke

Go punch yourself in the face angry
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by johnnyblakes(m): 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Go punch yourself in the face angry
hw e take fuel my jet?
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by johnnyblakes(m): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
White men rocks! wink
ok na
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by johnnyblakes(m): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
White men rocks! wink
with their weak albino joystick,tah comot their make i see front jor

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by DonPafegs(m): 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
vivianc: No. I'm Igbo and I do strictly Igbos. Infact, there are parts of Igbo I don't do sef.
grin
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by DonPafegs(m): 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
I will marry for very important reasons Like Happiness and My Purpose in life. If I meet someone from another TRIBE or even RACE who will complete me in respect to this reason, WHY NOT?
Re: Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? by dmcdad: 9:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
johnnyblakes: hw e take fuel my jet?
Lol...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ENDTIME: Slay Queen Stripe Unclad Just To Get Facebook Likes (photos) / IGBO Girl With Big Thighs Causing Commotion On Instagram With Her Massive IKEBE / The Interesting Culture Of Boobs Flashing At The Mardi Gras Festival, Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.