Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Feminist Love - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminist Love (9973 Views)

Revealed: ... All Feminist Are Lessssbians!!! (proof) / If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? / Why A Guy Should Avoid Women With Feminist Mentality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Feminist Love by Radiant(f): 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2008
Jackal:

What these people are saying is equal rights between the husband and wife.
If i wash your undies this week. . . .u wash mine next week kind of thingy.
That to me is GROSS!!!!!

Lmao! So, I guess I'm not a feminist then. That's even a lot of trouble for me as a woman. what, I'll be nagging over who's turn it is to scrub the loo ? undecided Don't make sense!! Mutual respect y'all !

There's the time so be stubborn and fight for your right. E.G, when I need to travel for a seminar and he says no. Umm. . .the outcome won't be nice at all.
Re: Feminist Love by jgirl3: 9:12pm On Jun 22, 2008
Radiant:

Don't hiss girl. What are you tellin me? That if you were washing the dishes when you guys were dating you'll stop washing it when you guys get married?? You sound like the latest clown cheesy

Y'all let this feminist crap go and be yourself!
Girl, I love the kind of controversy surrounding feminists. It's hilarious. I'm a feminist means I don't stand for maltreating and I still believe in an egalitarian society.
Of course, I'm a clown grin Just ask my mama. I didn't say i would stop - i just wished that guys would learn to see females as partners and not housegirls. It gets to my nerves when i see a wife acting a slave. It's just wrong. That's what I am against.
Re: Feminist Love by Radiant(f): 9:13pm On Jun 22, 2008
genius33:

And you don't think she'll feel the same about washing yours?

D'u have a brother that you always "help" to wash his clothes? D'u ever ask him to wash yours as many times as you do his? Is this feminism? grin
Re: Feminist Love by Jackal(m): 9:17pm On Jun 22, 2008
Radiant:

Lmao! So, I guess I'm not a feminist then. That's even a lot of trouble for me as a woman. what, I'll be nagging over who's turn it is to scrub the loo ? undecided Don't make sense!! Mutual respect y'all !

There's the time so be stubborn and fight for your right. E.G, when I need to travel for a seminar and he says no. Umm. . .the outcome won't be nice at all.

You are a darling!! kiss kiss kiss kiss
Only a dirty, scruffy woman would wait for her husband to clean the loo because she wants chores done equally. tongue

genius33:

And you don't think she'll feel the same about washing yours?

Our grandmothers did that many years ago and they had happy married lives!!!
Re: Feminist Love by genius33: 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2008
Radiant:

D'u have a brother that you always "help" to wash his clothes? D'u ever ask him to wash yours as many times as you do his? Is this feminism? grin

No it's not feminism, but it's not pleasant either, it's just the yoke we bear as women, I guess.  undecided

my brother's only three anywayz
Re: Feminist Love by Radiant(f): 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2008
j-girl:

Girl, I love the kind of controversy surrounding feminists. It's hilarious. I'm a feminist means I don't stand for maltreating and I still believe in an egalitarian society.
Of course, I'm a clown grin Just ask my mama. I didn't say i would stop - i just wished that guys would learn to see females as partners and not housegirls. It gets to my nerves when i see a wife acting a slave. It's just wrong. That's what I am against.

I understand what you mean and that's why I said that any reasonable man helps his wife. I was a bit surprised when you said your feminism will take a different turn after you get married because of dishes.

If he didn't help you when you were dating you think he'll help you when u marry? No need to fight for your right when you marry a responsible man who knows what mutual respect is. That's why you date/court so that you know the kind of person u be dealing with in the future wink
Re: Feminist Love by Jackal(m): 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2008
Radiant:

I understand what you mean and that's why I said that any reasonable man helps his wife. I was a bit surprised when you said you're feminism will take a different turn after you get married because of dishes.

If he didn't help you when you were dating you think he'll help you when u marry? No need to fight for your right when you marry a responsible man who knows what mutual respect it. That's why you date/court so that you know the kind of person u be dealing with in the future wink

Can u be ma attorney, Rad?
Re: Feminist Love by Radiant(f): 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2008
genius33:

No it's not feminism, but it's not pleasant either, it's just the yoke we bear as women, I guess. undecided

my brother's only three anywayz

Thanks for clearing that up. Sweetie, don't call it our yoke. It's just what women usually do just as men have got their own share of duties smiley

Anybody can throw the clothes into the machine and let the shit spin! cool

Your bro shud be a lil' bunny I guess cheesy
Re: Feminist Love by Radiant(f): 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2008
Jackal:

Can u be ma attorney, Rad?

Lol tongue
Re: Feminist Love by saucekid(m): 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2008
lolipop
Re: Feminist Love by genius33: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2008
So what about when women want to work is that ok with many husbands?
Re: Feminist Love by jgirl3: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2008
Radiant:

I understand what you mean and that's why I said that any reasonable man helps his wife. I was a bit surprised when you said you're feminism will take a different turn after you get married because of dishes.

If he didn't help you when you were dating you think he'll help you when u marry? No need to fight for your right when you marry a responsible man who knows what mutual respect it. That's why you date/court so that you know the kind of person u be dealing with in the future wink
Nah - i didn't mean it like that. Most feminists don't get married so obviously if i'm going to get married (which i highly doubt for reasons beyond my mental capability), I'm going to have to change my views as a married woman but I also believe my husband will love me enough to want me as his partner while retaining his position as a man. It's all about compromise.
When we're dating - it's a different ball game entirely. Things will have to change after marriage because we can't both be acting like single ppl. We have to learn to accomodate each other, our beliefs and things like that.
Back to the whole thing of feminism, my husband must learn to understand that women do not have an easy life and they go through various difficulties but he doesn't have to do anything about it.
Re: Feminist Love by Jackal(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2008
j-girl:

This is one of the reasons why i feel the white men shoulda left us alone in Africa . . . . .
How would J-girl have known what feminism is with leaves covering her "honour" while she's pounding yam and making Okra soup in a hut? tongue
Re: Feminist Love by Radiant(f): 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2008
Rofl . . . grin
Re: Feminist Love by jgirl3: 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2008
Jackal:

This is one of the reasons why i feel the white men shoulda left us alone in Africa . . . . .
How would J-girl have known what feminism is with leaves covering her "honour" while she's pounding yam and making Okra soup in a hut? tongue

Jackal, for that statement alone - I'm increasing my money to 500 pounds!
You're not serious at all. Is that the setting in which you were brought up?
My parents brought me up to be independent lady and never to depend on any man for anything. That stemmed into my feminism interest abeg. It has nothing to do with my education.
Re: Feminist Love by saucekid(m): 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2008
why u dey rofl. . . . . .?
Re: Feminist Love by Jackal(m): 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2008
Radiant:

Rofl . . . grin

It's TRUE!!!!!
Would she dare speak to her husband of 9 senior wives about feminism? grin cheesy
In a setting of survival of the sexiest, J-girl would be happy to feed, sweep, scrub, wash, clean and shag her husband to be his favourite.
Don't u reckon? grin cheesy
Re: Feminist Love by RedHotChic(f): 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2008
Women may be weaker physically but not in many other respects. The man is the head of the home I agree, even though not all men want to live up to that responsibility, but if I get married I wouldn't want to feel like my life is being run by my husband, marriage isn't supposed to be a dictatorship. No one likes to feel or be treated like they are less than someone else and men should understand that. Marrying a feminist is asking for trouble tho, if she's an extremist she won't want to comply with the typical wife's role.
Thumbs up girl.
Re: Feminist Love by genius33: 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2008
Eleven people were hanging on a rope under a helicopter, ten men and one woman. The rope was not strong enough to carry them all, so they decided that one had to leave, because otherwise they were all going to fall. They weren't able to name that person, until the woman gave a very touching speech. She said that she would voluntarily let go of the rope, because, as a woman, she was used to giving up everything for her husband and kids, or for men in general, and was used to always making sacrifices with little in return. As soon as she finished her speech, all the men started clapping their hands,
Re: Feminist Love by Radiant(f): 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2008
j-girl:

Nah - i didn't mean it like that. Most feminists don't get married so obviously if i'm going to get married (which i highly doubt for reasons beyond my mental capability), I'm going to have to change my views as a married woman but I also believe my husband will love me enough to want me as his partner while retaining his position as a man. It's all about compromise.
When we're dating - it's a different ball game entirely. Things will have to change after marriage because we can't both be acting like single people. We have to learn to accomodate each other, our beliefs and things like that.
Back to the whole thing of feminism, my husband must learn to understand that women do not have an easy life and they go through various difficulties but he doesn't have to do anything about it.

[b]Dearie, [/b]it's all about understanding. Only if you'll marry a beast will you be treated like an animal. I know some Nigerian men are very cruel with their wives but this is again due to irresponsibilty.

Your husband will love you don't worry. You may have passed through a lot in life but when you find a man that understands and respects you, with time you'll go back to your normal self and won't have to worry about feminism and Hillary Clinton. wink

Just take it one step at a time. There's that one man for you kiss
Re: Feminist Love by Jackal(m): 9:42pm On Jun 22, 2008
genius33:

Eleven people were hanging on a rope under a helicopter, ten men and one woman. The rope was not strong enough to carry them all, so they decided that one had to leave, because otherwise they were all going to fall. They weren't able to name that person, until the woman gave a very touching speech. She said that she would voluntarily let go of the rope, because, as a woman, she was used to giving up everything for her husband and kids, or for men in general, and was used to always making sacrifices with little in return. As soon as she finished her speech, all the men started clapping their hands,

Lord knows i won't clap for such sympathetic stuffs. . . .
I would be the first to kick her off the rope. cheesy
Re: Feminist Love by saucekid(m): 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2008
uhm
Re: Feminist Love by Chat2MeBac(f): 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2008
@Genius, me likey that analogy, It cracked me up, Then again, that's so like the "men" of today, Nice one, once again they were tricked into believing they are 'smarter".

Honestly, what is so wrong with a woman wanting to be heard? I can do so much than cooking, washing and cleaning. I have potentials too, Afterall, God took one look at Adam as said He could do much better, So get me that opportunity to shine too na,
Re: Feminist Love by jgirl3: 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2008
Radiant:

[b]Dearie, [/b]it's all about understanding. Only if you'll marry a beast will you be treated like an animal. I know some Nigerian men are very cruel with their wives but this is again due to irresponsibilty.

Your husband will love you don't worry. You may have passed through a lot in life but when you find a man that understands and respects you, with time you'll go back to your normal self and won't have to worry about feminism and Hillary Clinton. wink

Just take it one step at a time. There's that one man for you kiss
Trust me girl - I've seen the beasts and thank GOD i'm not married to any of them .
Thanks for that assurance. Sometimes, guys say they love you but they show another side that contradicts that whole thing. So when I find the one that loves me that much, you'll be one of the first to hear me sing his praises on NL for a long, long time. grin
For the Record - I would never ever vote for Hilary, she's weaker than they make her seem smiley
Re: Feminist Love by saucekid(m): 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2008
uhm
Re: Feminist Love by Radiant(f): 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2008
j-girl:

Trust me girl - I've seen the beasts and thank GOD i'm not married to any of them .
Thanks for that assurance. Sometimes, guys say they love you but they show another side that contradicts that whole thing. So when I find the one that loves me that much, you'll be one of the first to hear me sing his praises on Nairaland for a long, long time. grin
For the Record - I would never ever vote for Hilary, she's weaker than they make her seem smiley

Aight cheesy
Re: Feminist Love by Chat2MeBac(f): 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2008
j-girl:

Thanks for that assurance. Sometimes, guys say they love you but they show another side that contradicts that whole thing. So when I find the one that loves me that much, you'll be one of the first to hear me sing his praises on Nairaland for a long, long time. grin

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  I am waiting for that day to come, I know my menopause aint touch down by then cheesy cheesy
Re: Feminist Love by genius33: 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

Honestly, what is so wrong with a woman wanting to be heard? I can do so much than cooking, washing and cleaning. I have potentials too, Afterall, God took one look at Adam as said He could do much better, So get me that opportunity to shine too na,

My sentiments exactly gurl, the mind is a terrible thing to waste! We have a lot to offer the world. cool
Re: Feminist Love by Radiant(f): 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2008
Jackal:

Lord knows i won't clap for such sympathetic stuffs. . . .
I would be the first to kick her off the rope. cheesy

Ain't you a darling? cheesy
Re: Feminist Love by jgirl3: 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I am waiting for that day to come, I know my menopause aint touch down by then cheesy cheesy
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what? Because of that - I'm more determined to fall in love. Lmao!
Re: Feminist Love by Chat2MeBac(f): 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2008
genius33:

My sentiments exactly girl, the mind is a terrible thing to waste! We have a lot to offer the world. cool

cheesy grin grin grin, I am not becoming any man's domestic diva. Last time I checked God gave us all hands, He can wash and cook and iron his damn clothes too. If he thinks it is not his job, hire a freakum maid,

j-girl:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what? Because of that - I'm more determined to fall in love[b][/b]. Lmao!

Don't allow me to influence you o, Do it for you, I heard it is NOT so bad afterall cheesy
Re: Feminist Love by jgirl3: 10:03pm On Jun 22, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

Don't allow me to influence you o, Do it for you, I heard it is NOT so bad afterall cheesy

Lol - I'd rather hang myself than fall into a trap because of anyone else. Falling in love is like signing off your heart to someone else. It's a delicate thing and I'm not ready to damage my heart anytime soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

Just Committed D Greatest Sin Of My Life. I Slept With A Married Woman Today / I Saw Them And My Konji Battery Rose Frm 32 Percent To 97 Percent Full / Guys One Line Of Word For This Girl(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.