Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,585 members, 7,816,435 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Only A Fool Says There Is No God. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only A Fool Says There Is No God. (14797 Views)

Pope Francis Stepping Down, Says ‘there Is No God’ / Only A Fool Says There Is No Other God / Only A Fool Says In His Heart That There Is No God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin

Why did you come late?

The thread was created yesterday. Its still on the religion front page. What the hell do u mean by coming late
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
rationalmind:

Atheism gives freedom from sin as well. I'm a testimony, I'm not a sinner. I'm free from sin
this my friend, is a blatant lie.
Actually, atheism encourages freedom to sin. Its logical to allow a guy to enjoy himself doing wrong when there's no repercussion.

But
Joshthefirst:
Abeg rational mind make we no derail this thread. Go siddon. You come late abeg.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: sorry, what made you choose atheism?

The bible. Its plain stupid.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: God never fails. Punishment of sin is final with death and hell; removal from the prescence of God.

He has already saved sinners(those who accept his salvation and repent of course).

His punishment is simply the effect of your sin.
The reason God has not yet done the final punishment is because it has a set time and he's waiting for people to repent. He's patient. No one will have any excuse in judgement.

God has failed before, he will fail again.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: na so o.
Abeg rational mind make we no derail this thread. Go siddon. You come late abeg.

The thread would had been dead by now were it not for me.

And enough of these lateness talks. People comment on threads years after it was created. N I'm not derailing. If I am, ure making me derail with your derailing

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by UyiIredia(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

He was NEVER an Agnostic or an Atheist, Just a wannabe Atheist gone rouge, he was angry with his belief and hid behind Atheism to conceal it. No real Atheist that goes back to Theism would create this kind of topic, go through his post on NL you would understand better, i wont be surprised if FOLYKAZE ends up like him, they were NEVER Atheist, just wannabes.

Just shut up. I repeat, shut up. Atheists ex-Christians dislike it when Christians say they were never true Christans to begin with. Now you commit this foolery towards bolaino's ish.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by texanomaly(f): 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
rationalmind:

@ the bolded. Is your God this dumb?

He punished sin from the begining, mankind refused to walk with him yet he will punish sin again by sending sinners to hell. Does he not learn from his mistakes that punishing sinners does not work? If he failed before, he'll most likely fail again.
It is because you don't understand the Atonement, that you say these things. With all your knowledge, you choose to use it to make fun of others beliefs. There are many people in my group of friends that were once Christian, and are now agnostic or atheists. They tell me they are too intelligent to believe such irrational mumbo jumbo. They mock what they once believed so fervently. I love them. They are my friends. I will never turn my back on them. Or ever give up on them. My heart is broken for them. I do not mock their disbelief. They know where I stand and allow me that right.

I have always found it difficult to reconcile though. The nonbeliever that has become so intelligent, so much smarter than I, yet he will mock another's belief. Mock, as in make fun of, like an adolescent might do. There are some here who are very respectful and use there rationale to their advantage. There are others, however, that show their true ignorance, in spite of their intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
texanomaly:
It is because you don't understand the Atonement, that you say these things. With all your knowledge, you choose to use it to make fun of others beliefs. There are many people in my group of friends that were once Christian, and are now agnostic or atheists. They tell me they are too intelligent to believe such irrational mumbo jumbo. They mock what they once believed so fervently. I love them. They are my friends. I will never turn my back on them. Or ever give up on them. My heart is broken for them. I do not mock their disbelief. They know where I stand and allow me that right.

I have always found it difficult to reconcile though. The nonbeliever that has become so intelligent, so much smarter than I, yet he will mock another's belief. Mock, as in make fun of, like an adolescent might do. There are some here who are very respectful and use there rationale to their advantage. There are others, however, that show their true ignorance, in spite of their intelligence.

I wasn't mocking. I don't know what you find as mockery in what I said. If you had said I insulted God, I would had partially agreed with you.

As regards what you said about being respectful, I'm not of the school of thought that beliefs are to be respected. There is nothing to be respected in beliefs, most esp when those beliefs are irrational

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Kay17: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
What is Sin?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Tgirl4real(f): 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
peterphd:

When one has grown up in an environment and has been brainwashed since birth, some responses become somewhat automatic.That's why atheists can scream "God help me" not because they want old skydaddy to come down.Besides, who told you that your God is the only one? "God help me" may refer to ifa, alusi, alekwu, zeus etc

If you pray for God's help in dat situation, then you are hypocritical. E don marra which one u call. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: God never fails. Punishment of sin is final with death and hell; removal from the prescence of God.

He has already saved sinners(those who accept his salvation and repent of course).

His punishment is simply the effect of your sin.
The reason God has not yet done the final punishment is because it has a set time and he's waiting for people to repent. He's patient. No one will have any excuse in judgement.

Judgement judgment that's all Christians and muslims shout.

Abeg, when be this judgment day for u Abrahamics? I want to be part of the jury cheesy
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: this my friend, is a blatant lie.
Actually, atheism encourages freedom to sin. Its logical to allow a guy to enjoy himself doing wrong when there's no repercussion.

But

No! Must atheist like their conscience set the rules, and they follow it.

When I man follows those rules, he is free from sin
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
Tgirl4real:

If you pray for God's help in dat situation, then you are hypocritical. E don marra which one u call. cheesy

No sis, its not hypocritical. I agree with the dude. It sometimes happens to me too. It happens unconsciously. There are times while I'm talking with my friends I say "na God go help person". They start laughing immediately asking me which God. Its then I realise what I just said. Its not hypocrisy. Its just what uve been conditioned to say.

I'm trying hard to stop it anyway

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
Kay 17: What is Sin?
here we go again. The same thing over and over. If it isn't you asking, its alpha. Are you alpha btw?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by texanomaly(f): 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: here we go again. The same thing over and over. If it isn't you asking, its alpha. Are you alpha btw?

I didn't respond, because I see this everywhere atheists gather. It is there 'hook' to reel you into a debate.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
macof:

No! Must atheist like their conscience set the rules, and they follow it.

When I man follows those rules, he is free from sin
yes.(Have you followed your conscience perfectly btw? If you've violated it, then that's when you're guilty of sin). Atheists claim there are no moral absolutes.
But they know this is not true.

Once they claim to have a conscience, they shoot themselves in the foot. Who put the conscience there? Who designed it and made it so present that even a baby knows right from wrong? If there is a conscience, and if there is good and evil, then there are moral absolutes. Then there's an absolute lawgiver and judge: God.

Even dawkins noticed this, that's why he denied there is anything like good and evil. According to dawkins, there is no good and evil, just nature and evolution and its wicked cycles(my words)

I learn a lot from tex. But I also realize that if I don't preach and pray, people will die and go to hell. If we don't prech this good news of forgiveness, people will die in their sins.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 5:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
texanomaly:

I didn't respond, because I see this everywhere atheists gather. It is there 'hook' to real you into a debate.
its true...

And most of the time(I think), debates like that do no good.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by wiegraf: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
Oh boy d folly for dis thread....no b moi moi

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by texanomaly(f): 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
Grrrrr...

It's so aggravating when I notice a spelling, or grammar mistake after I'm quoted. As an English teacher, it just makes me cringe.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
texanomaly: Grrrrr...

It's so aggravating when I notice a spelling, or grammar mistake after I'm quoted. As an English teacher, it just makes me cringe.

Ur an English teacher? Good, good, good.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by texanomaly(f): 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
aManFromMars:

Ur an English teacher? Good, good, good.
tongue
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
rationalmind:

No sis, its not hypocritical. I agree with the dude. It sometimes happens to me to. It happens unconsciously. There are times while I'm talking with my friends I say "na God go help person". They start laughing immediately asking me which God. Its then I realise what I just said. Its not hypocrisy. Its just what uve been conditioned to say.

I'm trying hard to stop it anyway

grin just like me, sometimes I pray and still say "Amen" or "in Jesus name" unconsciously, however I quickly recite my prayer again in the name of my "Ori" and add "Ase" instead of "Amen"
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
macof:

grin just like me, sometimes I pray and still say "Amen" or "in Jesus name" unconsciously, however I quickly recite my prayer again in the name of my "Ori" and add "Ase" instead of "Amen"

Lol, so, you were also once a christian. You sound like someone who was born practising ATR.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 8:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes.(Have you followed your conscience perfectly btw? If you've violated it, then that's when you're guilty of sin). Atheists claim there are no moral absolutes.
But they know this is not true.

Once they claim to have a conscience, they shoot themselves in the foot. Who put the conscience there? Who designed it and made it so present that even a baby knows right from wrong? If there is a conscience, and if there is good and evil, then there are moral absolutes. Then there's an absolute lawgiver and judge: God.

Even dawkins noticed this, that's why he denied there is anything like good and evil. According to dawkins, there is no good and evil, just nature and evolution and its wicked cycles(my words)

I learn a lot from tex. But I also realize that if I don't preach and pray, people will die and go to hell. If we don't prech this good news of forgiveness, people will die in their sins.

ever since I left christianity I have become a better human being with a little more consciousness. That's what u get from mental independence, you feel free and high

Everybody has that level of consciousness that guides to morality, hygiene, intelligence and the right mentality. So atheist do work with conscience. Don't act as if consciousness is only active in christianity, because it's about human psychology not religion.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
macof:

ever since I left christianity I have become a better human being with a little more consciousness. That's what u get from mental independence, you feel free and high

Everybody has that level of consciousness that guides to morality, hygiene, intelligence and the right mentality. So atheist do work with conscience. Don't act as if consciousness is only active in christianity, because it's about human psychology not religion.
it seems you did not understand my post. You're contradicting yourself.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Kay17: 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
@joshthefirst

I asked for the definition of sin, for the sake of the thread, becuase you didn't take the care of providing one, which will be the bearing of this thread.

However, you believe there is universal good?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, so, you were also once a christian. You sound like someone who was born practising ATR.

Yes o...my mum is even Christian and she tries to force me to church. Last month, I had a debate with one winners evangelist when I revealed I left christianity for Yoruba paganism.

The guy might even convert to ATR soon
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: it seems you did not understand my post. You're contradicting yourself.

Am nt contradicting myself, I never do that.

Re-read my post and decipher the answers and knowledge in it
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Kay 17: @joshthefirst

I asked for the definition of sin, for the sake of the thread, becuase you didn't take the care of providing one, which will be the bearing of this thread.

However, you believe there is universal good?
I believe there is absolute good and evil(sin, the transgression of God's law written in our minds)
I believe morals have an absolute.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: I believe there is absolute good and evil(sin, the transgression of God's law written in our minds)

Evil is generally negative energy, it's nt all about Transgression from conscience.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by texanomaly(f): 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
macof:

Yes o...my mum is even Christian and she tries to force me to church. Last month, I had a debate with one winners evangelist when I revealed I left christianity for Yoruba paganism.

The guy might even convert to ATR soon

I'd like to do some research on different types of paganism in Nigeria. Can you suggest a good place to start?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Kay17: 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: I believe there is absolute good and evil(sin, the transgression of God's law written in our minds)

What is the moral status of rape and murder OR do you think action can not be moral but the roots of such action, namely intents are truely moral

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin‎ Celebrates His 47th Birthday Today / Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? / Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.