Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (36842 Views)

5 Useless Behaviours Ladies Exhibit That Make Guys Run Away From Them / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by RealAlfranco: 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
seangy4konji: na self service deh worry you and dat yeye vibrator weh deh iinside ur wardrobe....enjoy tho...
I don't have da slightest idea of what u wrote bro!! Mayb u quoted da wrong person!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: 1.Ego will never let me
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.
4. i cannot give up my independence for nada
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
6.mrs wife always comes last in the list of priority in many marriages
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
8.no need hoping,wishing or praying no one cheats etc
9.share my salary with nobody except the people i choose to
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.
i heard of a husband simulating droid you can buy on ebay,it works with solar energy, am sure you guys would make a good couple. Cos even with an anti-aircraft gun pointed to my head i won't marry you #no offence#

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mikeuz(m): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.

U can decieve everybody but u can't decieve me. Everybody at one point or another needs somehow to call his or her oWn. Even if u adopt or plant children inside u,they will stil grow and leave you. Boredom and loneliness go kill u. Insemination requires a man's sperm that same man you don't want to tell you what to do. To bring up a child requires the love and authority of a man. Just wait when your child gets older he or she will begin to ask you question. Fathers meeting in school or church,family picnics,they will see others with their fathers, and will question you, be prepared to tell them your ego is to blame. Infact I don't think you have ego,I rather think you are just foolish. You are a woman accept it. You can't run away from it. Even if you are a lesbian,you are still a woman,and being a woman comes with certain responsibilities as being a man also comes with its own. Be responsible yound lady. Search for that man that wil understand and be ready to sacrifice for you,you too should be ready to make sacrifices too. I really wished you made life but u didn't so don't be lazy,Deal with life.

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
chess guru:
Its very obvious that you are a lesbian. If not officially, deep down you are. Only opportunity and condition will bring it out
Exactly my thought!!!... Little wonder why she got her child through ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION?!
Girl r u tryna tell me dt u can't possibly find urself a gud man 2 work dt Veegee of urs!
Nawa 4 d 21st century/information age woman o!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Dumkele_1: @raymondenyi...u sound so bitter. with dis attitude u have put up here,only a short sighted lady will be willing to put up with it......I think I will blame the African men who do not know how to appreciate women. if u appreciate and encourage all women(successful or not),I can assure u that they will give u d respect u deserve 100%.....to be Frank ,what d lady said is quite true.....ur grammar hmmmm.........lastly u had no right to tell d lady to shut up and kindly show ladies some luv cos without them we all won't be here...peace
Okay Mr Nice Guy, which 1 toast U now, abi dem giv U grammy ? Mtscheeeeeeeeew
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by MrAboki: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
SeanT10: these women are so arrogant. @ opt, if u ever met one, u wont b asking this question. A few of them that get married dont have respect for their husbands anymore. imagine the man bathing the children in d morning [the wife came back home late cos of a meeting ], the husband having to go pickup the children from school because she cant make it.
If u ever date a single successful woman, u are in soup. nothing matters to her if not her success. u will have to write application before u kiss her. should u attempt kissing her without her approval, u go her grammar die. the day u want the koko, oboi u will buy roses, burn candles nd play music throughout the night. if by chance she gets an Email from d office during that period, all u labour for goes for nothing cos she needs to work.
My dear friend, there is no place for marriage in their lives.

How old are you?!

My father bathed all 5 of us in the morning, everyday, from nursery school till we were old enough to bath ourselves..
#So whats your point?!

Took us to school every morning... Infact, it was once ina blue moon that my mum would drive us to school. Always my dad.

You are talking utter bullcrap.. Its obvious that you are not even old enough to be married.

The rules of marriage is not Master/Slave.. Its a pratnership with one party having just a 1% majority share (Veto power) to swing those decisions that end in a stalemate.

And I am a married man. Married to a HIGHLY successful lawyer with an annual gross income after taxes of 8 digits per annum.. She still cooks all my food (despite us working almost equal hours), picks out my clothes, takes care of our homes and fulfills her duties to me as a wife.

The bad ones are not the ones we are talking about here.. But if you expect a woman who has worked and toiled hard all of her life to attain great heights to throw it all away and reduce herself to fit into your life and massage your ego, then you are a joker. Real men would rather hussle to be bigger than their wives, rather than cut her down.

#No be quarrel o!! I'm just saying the ugly truth that we men shy away from.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Lordlexyy: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: sympathize with yourself first for being so mentally shallow.

Secondly,i will not be the first or last independent unmarried woman,there are millions of women who share my school of thought and there are also millions who do not,if it makes you angry,you can get me arrested,thank you...smiley
If being independent and unmarried makes you happy, so be it. But like it or not, there are better mannered, more intelligent and successful women out there who are submissive and happily married. Your stand is exclusively your believe and i will respect it if you keep it to yourself without necessarily trying to attract sympathy. @ post. True successful women, who earn successes through sheer hard work and divine providence, recognise the value of what being submissive is since it is the same quality that raised them to that ladder, such women will necessarily bring the same thing to her matrimonial home. But the suppose 'independently successful' women who rode on one mogu's back to get to where she is are the most arrogant since they have never tasted discipline that produces real success. Lastly, it is a known fact that most men prefered an independent woman to an arrogant and self centered one.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by RealAlfranco: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
Catalyst101:

Hah, this one don finish... Where is ur mother?
hahahah I haff died finish!! her mom will be asking da same question u jst asked bro!!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mikeuz(m): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: grin so you dont even have sense sha grin i thought as much earlier. Youbetter harken to my advise before unemployment finishes you and frustration sets in.

I can see how well your mom trained you.is that how they spell 'b1tch'

'beeeeooottttchhhhh' buhahahahaha,try something better,except of course you are an illiterate :D8-)

ITK see how you spell course, its "CAUSE" : F9
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
godjohnson: i heard of a husband simulating droid you can buy on ebay,it works with solar energy, am sure you guys would make a good couple. Cos even with an anti-aircraft gun pointed to my head i won't marry you #no offence#
are you alright :/ who is looking for marriage,do i look like one of your ashanas that will be begging you for marriage.

Mshewwwwwwww.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by simpleseyi: 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
Dannyxy: I have noticed that women who are very succesful and have attained an appreciable status quo, never get married on time? At times they never marry at all, and according to them, the guys are running away.. Why?

Please ask Ms Arunnah Oteh and Ms Stella Oduah why they are not staying under any man's roof. Also ask Prof Dora Akuyili and Ngozi Okonjo-Iwella, how to successfully manage home and career.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
Because they're intimidated...simple

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
mikeuz:

smh its course,you better make a relationship with your dictionary and check the difference.just because of 4 months strike,breeze has blown inside your brain that you dont know the difference.smh.lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by chessguru1(m): 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Exactly my thought!!!... Little wonder why she got her child through ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION?!
Girl r u tryna tell me dt u can't possibly find urself a gud man 2 work dt Veegee of urs!
Nawa 4 d 21st century/information age woman o!
I know her type too well. Had the misfortune of dating one in my uni days. Even though she confessed every thing, couldn't help but feel sorry for her.
This babe posting up and down has Way too much ego up her ars*e to be a woman.
I will take a wild guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was molested earlier on in life by a family member..leading to her distaste in men.
You will be amazed how many married women are lesbians. It J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ society forcing them to conform.
Anyways, I feel her pain.

Wouldn't be surprised if the small girl quotes me and starts throwing tantrums like a teenage girl who J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ saw her period for the 1st time.
From page 1-4, that's all she's been doing undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by kandiikane(m): 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
victorD3:

It has to do with the attitude that comes with a woman acchieving firm and success.
Bullshyt. What attitude? That they have worked hard and earned the right to be where they are?

Only insecure men make issues out it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
mikeuz:

Eeehmmmm!
Brosy eh! Why u come fall my hand so na
U 4 jeje attack her via subject matter na than say u come mess urself up 4 here via grammatical blunder.
She's correct with her COURSE in d OF COURSE... but u!... Guy u Bleep up wit ur CAUSE joor.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by kandiikane(m): 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
Raymondenyi:
Will u shut up n don't write what u know nothing about;
D ladies that achieve such firm n re not mingled with disgusting attitudes! Don't tek timme @ all to get married... It is the once with attitude! Moreover over 98% of them got attitudes, so what do u expect... When stable, they quickly place people they believe re below them! Behave anyhow to them! N always will wanna shw class.. How do u expect such attitudinal being to get mmarried? ( Generally we all know ladies re very greedy n self-centered beings, little 1da, why 2 ladies can't leave in a room 2geda) then imagine d type dat is stable, wat will u expect..,

With d experiences I hv 4rm ladies; I could do things 2x for my male friends, before I consider doing it 1ce for a lady!!!

*wicked set of beings** mtcheeeeeeewww!!!

Tales by an insecure African man.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mikeuz(m): 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki:

How old are you?!

My father bathed all 5 of us in the morning, everyday, from nursery school till we were old enough to bath ourselves..
#So whats your point?!

Took us to school every morning... Infact, it was once ina blue moon that my mum would drive us to school. Always my dad.

You are talking utter bullcrap.. Its obvious that you are not even old enough to be married.

The rules of marriage is not Master/Slave.. Its a pratnership with one party having just a 1% majority share (Veto power) to swing those decisions that end in a stalemate.

And I am a married man. Married to a HIGHLY successful lawyer with an annual gross income after taxes of 8 digits per annum.. She still cooks all my food (despite us working almost equal hours), picks out my clothes, takes care of our homes and fulfills her duties to me as a wife.

The bad ones are not the ones we are talking about here.. But if you expect a woman who has worked and toiled hard all of her life to attain great heights to throw it all away and reduce herself to fit into your life and massage your ego, then you are a joker. Real men would rather hussle to be bigger than their wives, rather than cut her down.

#No be quarrel o!! I'm just saying the ugly truth that we men shy away from.

True talk. Also because men Would not Want to bring their women down is another reason why they don't go for them. They leave them for men that are already more successful than these women.the field is large enough. Enjoy your marriage
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Sunnynedu: 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
most ladies sees any serious minded men that comes their way as an opportunist and no reasonable man will want to take that rubbish, see it is better for that lady to start making the money after your marriage to her
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mikeuz(m): 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Eeehmmmm!
Brosy eh! Why u come fall my hand so na
U 4 jeje attack her via subject matter na than say come mess urself up 4 here via grammatical blunder.
She's correct with her COURSE in d OF COURSE... but u!... Guy u Bleep up wit ur CAUSE joor.

Like seriously?guess have learnt. Now tell that girl make she learn
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pleasem what do men want
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by RealAlfranco: 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
drmary: I was brought up amidst very sucessful women,who are far richer than their husbands e.g my mum,my uncle's wife,my aunty,my mother in law etc.
These women have so much respect for their husbands dt sometimes I get angry.at least I learnt dt having more money than your husband does not mean you should rub it on his face.
It all boils down to the kind of home training you got as a lady.
No african man will allow you rubbish his ego just because you are richer than him,so all you rich single ladies,drop your shoulders find yourselves good men,don't die single,old and frustrated .
OH LORD,we thank Thee!!! After all,der is still hope for humanity!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
NO THEY DON'T IT'S THEIR BITCHY CHARACTER THEY ARE RUNNING FROM!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by simpleseyi: 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2013

Guys why nah? See what you have turned this lady and many others to after so many heart-breaks, so many abortions for different guys. Several times catching so-called boyfriends in bed with different bed mates, so many lies and deceit. Guys please change your ways and stop these ladies from turning lesbo.

This lady was in a state of confusion while she typed the above nonsense, the last heart-break must have been so painful. That is why girls/ladies are warned to keep their legs closed until wedding night but they will never learn. Look at the venom regretting free-giver is spitting.

But wait oo, Aunty Independence, have you tried Femi Fani-Kayode, I heard he treats women well.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
Lordlexyy: If being independent and unmarried makes you happy, so be it. But like it or not, there are better mannered, more intelligent and successful women out there who are submissive and happily married. Your stand is exclusively your believe and i will respect it if you keep it to yourself without necessarily trying to attract sympathy. @ post. True successful women, who earn successes through sheer hard work and divine providence, recognise the value of what being submissive is since it is the same quality that raised them to that ladder, such women will necessarily bring the same thing to her matrimonial home. But the suppose 'independently successful' women who rode on one mogu's back to get to where she is are the most arrogant since they have never tasted discipline that produces real success. Lastly, it is a known fact that most men prefered an independent woman to an arrogant and self centered one.
hellooooo,who needs anyone's sympathy.the way you think is very funny,who and what the hell makes you think i need anyone's sympathy.smh
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
No shaking...
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by chessguru1(m): 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: lmao your opinion!

Which you are entitled too anyway and even if i were,what can you do 8-)
Absolutely nothing! Because am not the least bit interested and couldn't care less if you where dating Muhammad Ali's daughter.
J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ want you to make that lil part of what you are clear so we know you don't represent the what the real independent women in our society stand for.
FYI it is very possible to be independent and still submissive, but its a hard thing to do, and boils down to the woman's upbringing

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Vicky2k(m): 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
@drmary, i strongly agree with you that It all boils down to the kind of home training you got as a lady. Any Woman who tends to be Arrogant and Less Submissive to Males when they attain high levels of Financial Independence does so because she has got no values. Its only the Highly Moral ones who Cherish Christian Values and Beliefs that remain submissive to their husbands. Also We Men should also learn to Appreciate the Women and not getting so Obsessed with Authority. Yes we are Naturally the First but we it is not proper to be so Domineering. It Takes 2 to Tango.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by leonard509(m): 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
some guys......not all,,i'm proud of independent ladies
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Malakh: 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
aint no such ish as independent women,my God gat something for them though,take this......
Rise up, ye women that are at ease; hear my voice, ye careless daughters; give ear unto my speech.
Many days and years shall ye be troubled, ye careless women: for the vintage shall fail, the gathering(money) shall not come.
Tremble, ye women that are at ease; be troubled, ye careless ones: strip you, and make you bare, and gird sackcloth upon your loins.
They shall lament for the teats, for the pleasant fields, for the fruitful vine. Isaiah 32:9- Y'all can break your phones if u don't like the message

ogugua88: Women who are successful and financially independent intimidate some men for at least a few reasons:

1. They're confident, which can sometimes be interpreted as arrogance.
2. They have their own money and can buy their own things, support themselves, etc.
3. They can make a man feel inferior or inadequate, due to reasons given in point 2.

Men, particularly African men, are raised thinking that they are to be the provider; sole more than likely. Gender stereotyping is still rampant. A woman is to cook and clean; a man is to work. A woman who can do what a man can do renders a man useless.

A lot of men have egos, even if they won't admit it in front of women. In all honesty, however, there are some independent women out there who behave like they have both an egg and sperm. I, personally, think men should be more open to independent women as they've got a lot to offer. They're fierce, bold, and can be your rock in tough times. Meanwhile, independent women should be the go-getters that they are and still be womanly. Make a man feel like the man he is; you don't have to do all and be all because you're successful. No one likes a woman with an attitude, regardless of her wealth, fame, beauty, or whichever assets she may have.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Abbott(m): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
dirtymoney: A Guy who has no job got married 2 a banker, despite his fears and
several advices that it's not good to marry without a job. Every month
the girl wud give d guy her full salary of N135k afta removin her
tithe.The guy would give the wife N20k 4personal upkeep and the guy
determined what happened to the remaining money. This happened for
3gud yrs. There was happiness in d family and d wife never refused to do
her primary home duties for that 3 years, despite wrong advice from
friends that 'you can't be paying the bills and still be doing all the
wok'.There was a particular month d guy used about N70,000 2travel frm
state to state for different interviews. He finally got a job with a gud firm
in Port-Harcourt.His salary was N600,000 monthly 4 a start. He bought
his first car (a brand new) for N4.5m, he gave d wife the car key,&
continued to take public transport 2work for abot 2yrs.Then he bought
the 2nd car for N6 million, took d keys of d first car & gave his wife the
keys of the 2nd car.They eventually moved into their own house after
few yrs. One day, d wife was looking 4some documents.She stumbled on
a file neatly hidden, when she opened it, she saw her wedding picture
when she was very slim in d first page of the file.She then saw dat d
document 2the purchase of the land and every other thing in the house
were all written in her name! At d last page was the husband's wedding
picture and a note written by him: ''MY WIFE IS ALL I HAVE GOT. NOT
EVEN THIS HOUSE WORTH N24M AT THE TIME I BUILT IS MINE''.Tears
started to roll down her eyes.This couple got married in 1998. Last
Sunday was their wedding anniversary with 3 children.True LOVE still
exists till this day. Are you sure the love you have for ur partner can be
compared to this one you just read?No matter wat, remember u chose
each other. It doesn't matter who puts food on d table or who pays d
bills.... culled from seth jones facebook page.

F a b l e!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by peterjero(m): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
Its simple "cowardice" men are cowards they are afraid and can't take charge they shud go and learn from Urhobo men, they can tame any woman on earth even the likes of Margaret Thatcher. They shud be able to earn the respect so that the women can be submissive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nairalander (Humbleservant) Weds His Beautiful Wife / How Do I Dump My Girlfriend Without Hurting Her? / 10 Signs A Woman May Have Character Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.