Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (36844 Views)

5 Useless Behaviours Ladies Exhibit That Make Guys Run Away From Them / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: hellooooo,who needs anyone's sympathy.the way you think is very funny,who and what the hell makes you think i need anyone's sympathy.smh
Sympathy Who would be so stupid as 2 sympathize with u?... After all d repugnant rubbish u v bin spewing on dis thread
Serious minded fellaz *men or women* do not invest der precious tym in peeps lyk u cos u r d perfect example of BAD INVESTMENT... #in my own words# DISASTROUS INVESTMENT!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
@OP, you forgot to put 'Nigerian women' in the title. All the bad bad tins for dis life, na their hand e full.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by lucarella: 1:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
ogugua88: Women who are successful and financially independent intimidate some men for at least a few reasons:

1. They're confident, which can sometimes be interpreted as arrogance.
2. They have their own money and can buy their own things, support themselves, etc.
3. They can make a man feel inferior or inadequate, due to reasons given in point 2.

Men, particularly African men, are raised thinking that they are to be the provider; sole more than likely. Gender stereotyping is still rampant. A woman is to cook and clean; a man is to work. A woman who can do what a man can do renders a man useless.

A lot of men have egos, even if they won't admit it in front of women. In all honesty, however, there are some independent women out there who behave like they have both an egg and sperm. I, personally, think men should be more open to independent women as they've got a lot to offer. They're fierce, bold, and can be your rock in tough times. Meanwhile, independent women should be the go-getters that they are and still be womanly. Make a man feel like the man he is; you don't have to do all and be all because you're successful. No one likes a woman with an attitude, regardless of her wealth, fame, beauty, or whichever assets she may have.

Every lady wants a jeep. When you ask why, they say, 'So I can be looking down on other cars'. (My mom inclusive). It's mere arrogance, nothing more!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
I remember dating one of these so called "successful" ladies years back. She was working in a major oil firm, while my hustle wasn't blessed yet. I wasn't in anyway intimidated, as par correct Edo boy, but trust me, I still gat cuts from the blade of her deadly tongue. Today the story is different, her per annum means nothing to me, business is good now. Saw her at the airport recently, she looked all smoked out, lonely but still proud.

Most women are flippant, but the successful ones come with extra dose of poison. Few brothers can handle the pain, so we leave them lonely.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Mantiza(m): 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
@lynpetra...Damn it,some men are confused beings.They agitate for self -dependent women only to run away when they are successful.IMO,such men are less than cowards. undecided

@op,sweety how have you been??Don't worry I wud be a wealthy and submissive wifey.The only problem is if you buy me d latest Toyota ride,I wud retaliate by buying you the latest Range Rover?? wink... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You made a point but BAD BABE on ur choice of ride
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
simpleseyi:

Guys why nah? See what you have turned this lady and many others to after so many heart-breaks, so many abortions for different guys. Several times catching so-called boyfriends in bed with different bed mates, so many lies and deceit. Guys please change your ways and stop these ladies from turning lesbo.

This lady was in a state of confusion while she typed the above nonsense, the last heart-break must have been so painful. That is why girls/ladies are warned to keep their legs closed until wedding night but they will never learn. Look at the venom regretting free-giver is spitting.

But wait oo, Aunty Independence, have you tried Femi Fani-Kayode, I heard he treats women well.
why dont you give any of your relations to him mr gigolo.smh.lmao grin
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by chessguru1(m): 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
peterjero: Its simple "cowardice" men are cowards they are afraid and can't take charge they shud go and learn from Urhobo men, they can tame any woman on earth even the likes of Margaret Thatcher. They shud be able to earn the respect so that the women can be submissive.
You mean by use of slaps and punches
Not all men are cavemen na. Btw, uroboh girls are one of the most aggressive girls in this country.
While serving, I witnessed an ss1 girl pull out a cutlass on an ss3 boy almost twice her height.
There is a difference btw aggressiveness, and independence bro
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by cheche98(f): 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
tobezekiel: still nt all women. and the ones that do.. ermm, I wont totally blame them. whn a woman is financially independent and too soft she might or will be taken for granted by male opportunist.
Exactly!!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mikeuz(m): 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
BoboYekini: @OP, you forgot to put 'Nigerian women' in the title. All the bad bad tins for dis life, na their hand e full.

Taaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Show or tell me how many non - nigerian men are married to women more successful and more famous than them and I will tell you Nigeria men married to women more successful and famous than them.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
Catalyst101: I remember dating one of these so called "successful" ladies years back. She was working in a major oil firm, while my hustle wasn't blessed yet. I wasn't in anyway intimidated, as par correct Edo boy, but trust me, I still gat cuts from the blade of her deadly tongue. Today the story is different, her per annum means nothing to me, business is good now. Saw her at the airport recently, she looked all smoked out, lonely but still proud.

Most women are flippant, but the successful ones come with extra dose of poison. Few brothers can handle the pain, so we leave them lonely.

U are blessed mehn. I swear,for just that single reason,I always think twice b4 I ask any lady for a favor. If no be say me sef gallant on a very good day,my chic 4 carry horse dey ride 4 ma back but thank God 4 His mercies.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by agwo2july: 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
I think it depends on the guy, for me I don't think I have problem with that, she can act as a motivating factor while u as a man shold press on to be real man.
I beg did u have somebody like that for me? If u r, like my post, let us Nigerians guys grow up from pride and learn to love
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Lordlexyy: 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: you remind me of this song this deeper lifers usually sing in our former neighbourhood

I AM MARRIED TO JESUS ,SATAN LEAVE ME ALONE grin.........

Anyway,to each his own and for the records i am a boss in my own field and i am not wicked,i might be firm and a bit difficult,but i am objective,unemotional and unsentimental when it comes to sensitive decision making processes,so rule wickedness out.its a strong word
Kind of like you. You sound better and more mature this time. You share every bit of my attributes, but being slightly emotional as a woman is commendable.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by abuchisimon(m): 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
winkdats our ish guys bt in d long run we start being doubleminded abt d lady's affairs be it businesswise and pleasurewise.u guys knw wat i mean winkdats our ish guys bt in d long run we start being doubleminded abt d lady's affairs be it businesswise and pleasurewise.u guys knw wat i mean
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by vislabraye(m): 1:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
I would want my wife to be successful. Look @ it this way, if you have sisters, wouldn't U want them to be successful ?
But the fact is that, a lot of successful women have developed some masculine characteristics such as; aggression, assertiveness etc which are needed for the survival in the corporate world. Their feminine xteristics such as tenderness and empathy have been suppressed.
Of course, there are some who can find the right balance. A woman who can still play her role irrespective of her success is a crown.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by jdula: 1:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
As for me jst as our borthers (Ajima) P square said u must chop my money................. I feel incharge wen der eat my money, n I deserve 2 b incharge.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by simpleseyi: 1:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: why dont you give any of your relations to him mr gigolo.smh.lmao grin

Yeah! I have given my cousin's dog to him, the dog is up to the task. But, you did not address the issues I pointed out. Sorry my sister, don't mind those bad guys, they are giving us bad names.

Learn from Dora Akuyili and Ngozi Okonjo-Iwella, they are successful and happily married and never learn from Stella Oduah and Arunnah Oteh, they are looters and divorced.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
mikeuz:

U can decieve everybody but u can't decieve me. Everybody at one point or another needs somehow to call his or her oWn. Even if u adopt or plant children inside u,they will stil grow and leave you. Boredom and loneliness go kill u. Insemination requires a man's sperm that same man you don't want to tell you what to do. To bring up a child requires the love and authority of a man. Just wait when your child gets older he or she will begin to ask you question. Fathers meeting in school or church,family picnics,they will see others with their fathers, and will question you, be prepared to tell them your ego is to blame. Infact I don't think you have ego,I rather think you are just foolish. You are a woman accept it. You can't run away from it. Even if you are a lesbian,you are still a woman,and being a woman comes with certain responsibilities as being a man also comes with its own. Be responsible yound lady. Search for that man that wil understand and be ready to sacrifice for you,you too should be ready to make sacrifices too. I really wished you made life but u didn't so don't be lazy,Deal with life.
if you want to preach,i am sure you know where to go and or register in a pastoral trainning institute or whatever it is called,i am the wrongest person to be giving long boring sermons to.moreover,

it is my decision,i have made my decisions,i am woman enough to face ANYTHING that comes after it,all that is my buisness to deal with and they are the back of my palm,so why are you telling me tales by moonlight.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
simpleseyi:

Yeah! I have given my cousin's dog to him, the dog is up to the task. But, you did not address the issues I pointed out. Sorry my sister, don't mind those bad guys, they are giving us bad names.

Learn from Dora Akuyili and Ngozi Okonjo-Iwella, they are successful and happily married and never learn from Stella Oduah and Arunnah Oteh, they are looters and divorced.
and what is the issue mr seyi?
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by slightlyMad(f): 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: it is your momsi you are referring to not me grin

you never say wetin dey do you gringringrin dont worry,you will see my face when abacha rises from his grave.wannabe hooligan cheesy:p

dont mind that mofo jare,
upload ur pix to shame the boi o jare

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mrsolutionm(m): 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
Women are self centered,ego ist and ego maniac am talking from experiences I had and still having wit my mum since I lost my dad,he willed some properties to us including her, as my mum is the second wife of my dad I personally fought in court,police stations, went 2 cell severally and even had fisticuffs wit my half brothers 2 reclaim those properties to cut d long story short I succeeded,today she refuse paying for my siblings and my school fees,as the man of the house I personally handed collection of those properties rent to her, women could be heartless.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
Raymondenyi:
Will u shut up n don't write what u know nothing about;
D ladies that achieve such firm n re not mingled with disgusting attitudes! Don't tek timme @ all to get married... It is the once with attitude! Moreover over 98% of them got attitudes, so what do u expect... When stable, they quickly place people they believe re below them! Behave anyhow to them! N always will wanna shw class.. How do u expect such attitudinal being to get mmarried? ( Generally we all know ladies re very greedy n self-centered beings, little 1da, why 2 ladies can't leave in a room 2geda) then imagine d type dat is stable, wat will u expect..,

With d experiences I hv 4rm ladies; I could do things 2x for my male friends, before I consider doing it 1ce for a lady!!!

*wicked set of beings** mtcheeeeeeewww!!!
dem don do you strong thing ba? Calm down.* Gives him cold water* Pele, it is well with you.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by MattMelty: 2:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
Guys do not run frm them 'cos they r financially independent, bt because they hv attitude problem & lack d basic qualities the men admire & long to see in the woman they hv long drmt to be their wife. To me, if they r virtuous, this wldn't b a topic; besides men thz days don't want women dat will become a liability to them
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
BoboYekini: @OP, you forgot to put 'Nigerian women' in the title. All the bad bad tins for dis life, na their hand e full.

Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by chessguru1(m): 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
My final submission cool
I love independent women. Maybe because my mum exemplifies it to the fullest.
The only trick in living with a successful woman, is for you not to be an unsuccessful man!
She can earn as much as oprah, but you J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ make sure you have what takes you out in the morning, and brings you back. Its when you have nothing you get the bad side of successful women. And I really can't blame them.
I don't see anything wrong with a man with ambition marrying a woman with purpose and Drive.
Its their type that pulls the man and his children through a burning fire instead of abandoning ship.
Most importantly, you know from the very onset that she loves you for you, and not your money.
#cheers to all the independent ladys in the world cool
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by njameso: 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
NA ASUU 00HH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
chess guru: My final submission cool
I love independent women. Maybe because my mum exemplifies it to the fullest.
The only trick in living with a successful woman, is for you not to be an unsuccessful man!
She can earn as much as oprah, but you J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ make sure you have what takes you out in the morning, and brings you back. Its when you have nothing you get the bad side of successful women. And I really can't blame them.
I don't see anything wrong with a man with ambition marrying a woman with purpose and Drive.
Its their type that pulls the man and his children through a burning fire instead of abandoning ship.
Most importantly, you from the very onset that she loves you for you, and not your money.
#cheers to all the independent ladys in the world cool

You are a real man, leave this boys here arguing otherwise. grin
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by simpleseyi: 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: and what is the issue mr seyi?

Give your life to Christ and stop planning to be the husband like Dame imPatience Jonathan.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
slightlyMad:

dont mind that mofo jare,
upload ur pix to shame the boi o jare
i dont need to upload my picture to prov a point.people that know me know me and people who dont,dont!

Can he even stand where i am.i cant blame him much,nigbati nairaland tikeran mero
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Ask4delaw(m): 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
They tend to be proud,arrogant and disrespectful.dats all.and no man wants to marry a lady dat will treat him like a shit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nairalander (Humbleservant) Weds His Beautiful Wife / How Do I Dump My Girlfriend Without Hurting Her? / Lady Sets On Fire The Cheap Wig Her Boyfriend Purchased For Her (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.