Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (36843 Views)

5 Useless Behaviours Ladies Exhibit That Make Guys Run Away From Them / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
Lovexme:

That's the belief of those in the 60s. Responsibilities are meant to be shared, and that includes finance, cooking, and even shopping for groceries. Yes! Groceries angry

God bless you brother. Women think all the responsibility is the mans' and their only responsibility is giving him babies and food.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Sirgen05(m): 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
pro01: Women need to understand that most men do not rate them by their level of success or accomplishment.

If I want to indulge my libidinous cravings, I go for a voluptuous and sexy chick. If I want a relationship or marriage, I go for a level-headed, well-behaved, sensible, and God-fearing woman. In either case, her so-called "success" or "financial independence" has nothing to do with it. Only a lazy gigolo or broke-ass mofo would be impressed by a woman's financial success. A financially stable man needs a woman for other reasons. In most cases her success/wealth is a distraction rather than an advantage.

In terms of desirability, only men are judged by their wealth and financial status; women are mostly judged by their beauty, deportment, and personality. It's as simple as that.
Good
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by crackhaus: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
bigx: Which guys?

Good question boss!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Lovexme(m): 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki:

I was raised to operate differently..

My money should be enough to spoil my wife.. Her money should be enough for her to buy me gifts in appreciation.. grin

#OldSchoolNiggas..

Good for you smiley
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by progressive7(m): 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
victorD3:

It has to do with the attitude that comes with a woman acchieving fame and success.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Marksule(m): 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
tobezekiel: still nt all women. and the ones that do.. ermm, I wont totally blame them. whn a woman is financially independent and too soft she might or will be taken for granted by male opportunist.
Na lie
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by AVISENNA: 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
I' am dating a lady a lady who is financially well when compared to moi. She's been there , done that and treats her self to to some little luxuries.

It all depend you as a man: do you see her as a meal ticket or a means to an end.

It's not a hidden thing though , sometimes she likes to blow her trumpet as an achiever and i often get irritated bout it but still love her though .

On the other hand when we are together , she is just as ordinary can be , but she never stops to tell about what money can buy and you should buy.

I've never asked her for money and she has never given me , the most i've received from her was worth like 1k or less.

many times , i've wondered if i could keep her at home ,cause the truth is that ,they don't sit when you tell them : if you get what i mean. I always have good idea on where and how best to send money

Like one someone said if get a rich one that is humble ,:praise and honour her parents cause they really did a good job.

If you get one that loves you and you truly love her, then go for her.

Ciao
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by felzylix(m): 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: 1.Ego will never let me
2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.
4. i cannot give up my independence for nada
5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated
6.mrs wife always comes last in the list of priority in many marriages
7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc
8.no need hoping,wishing or praying no one cheats etc
9.share my salary with nobody except the people i choose to
10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.
Nice one boo, r u married? If no m sure u nt planning on dat in d nearest future, cos no MAN 'hmmm' i repeat no MAN wld eva dream of wife-ing som1 as arrogant as u... The wife material in u is nt even enuf 2 sow a G-string

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
Nduxzy: You are definitely going to wake up one day very old bearing grandma without no kinds and the only that comes to you mind will be I WISHED i buried my ego
sorry,i already have a baby through artificial insemination which i am already nursing and will obviously continue from where i stopped.being a grandma is still a very lonnnnnngggg lonnnnggg time,who says i wont live life to the fullest.thats why i am at home on maternity leave and can nairaland because good enough someone is helping out with my baby smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by abbeyty(m): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
Dumkele_1: @raymondenyi...u sound so bitter. with dis attitude u have put up here,only a short sighted lady will be willing to put up with it......I think I will blame the African men who do not know how to appreciate women. if u appreciate and encourage all women(successful or not),I can assure u that they will give u d respect u deserve 100%.....to be Frank ,what d lady said is quite true.....ur grammar hmmmm.........lastly u had no right to tell d lady to shut up and kindly show ladies some luv cos without them we all won't be here...peace

it takes two to tango brov, without us they won't be here as well.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mikeuz(m): 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
wasak:

1. they are not confident, they are arrogant, I may have to say this. there was a time my pops went broke and mom was d 1 feeding d family, she maintained the fact that she was in control and till date she cares to tell whoever is ready to listen (She's a good person but She's still a woman)
there are several other situations I've personally witnessed.
2. No one restricts a lady from buying things for herself, the only problem is when she starts buying for the. man, when she starts feeding the home, I tell u, any man in such a situation will turn houseboy unless he knows how to play his card with women. a man may feed. his wife. for. 10 years without having to mention it to a third party, but if. a woman does Same for a day, all her friends would know!!!
3. it's a general thing for women to Look down on people below. them in social status, the beautiful ones Look down on the less beautiful, the wealthy ones Look down on the average ones, the intelligent ones look down on the less intelligent! y do u think most women want to appear flashy? it's not necessarily to attract men, in most cases they do so to diss their fellow women....
as a man... I know my Bleep.ing onions, once beaten, shy till eternity!!!
if u c a humble woman praise her parents...

1000 thousand likesss

African mean ar wired to b the giver and provider and african women are Wired to be the reciever. Wen d receiver becomes the giver,d giver should be ready to be the receiver. Successful women tend to think they are the mEn.
And y am I even saying africa, infact women in general.

D more inteligent, smart and successful a woman becomes,the more difficult it is for her to keep her Man.
The ego of a man is bolstered when he knows he is in charge,and when a woman is in charge her Ego also grows,but because of the nature of women,they develop attitude alongside without knowing and there can't be two captain in a ship.

Still searching for that humble woman.

When a man desires an independent woman he doesn't desire a woman with attitude. He only wants a woman that can be supportive and a woman he wil support,a woman that can be
independent and submissive not just because of his Ego but because that's the only way a relationship can work. Evry Man wants a WOman not a MANwo
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
felzylix:
Nice one boo, r u married? If no m sure u nt planning on dat in d nearest future, cos no MAN 'hmmm' i repeat no MAN wld eva dream of wife-ing som1 as arrogant as u... The wife material in u is nt even enuf 2 sow a G-string
thank you for the advice but its not needed.i already have everything worked out as planned.

Meanwhile,its 'SEW' NOT SOW.

SOW-PLANTING
SEW-MAKING OR AMENDING CLOTHES 8-)
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by shady26(m): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
wasak:

1. they are not confident, they are arrogant, I may have to say this. there was a time my pops went broke and mom was d 1 feeding d family, she maintained the fact that she was in control and till date she cares to tell whoever is ready to listen (She's a good person but She's still a woman)
there are several other situations I've personally witnessed.
2. No one restricts a lady from buying things for herself, the only problem is when she starts buying for the. man, when she starts feeding the home, I tell u, any man in such a situation will turn houseboy unless he knows how to play his card with women. a man may feed. his wife. for. 10 years without having to mention it to a third party, but if. a woman does Same for a day, all her friends would know!!!
3. it's a general thing for women to Look down on people below. them in social status, the beautiful ones Look down on the less beautiful, the wealthy ones Look down on the average ones, the intelligent ones look down on the less intelligent! y do u think most women want to appear flashy? it's not necessarily to attract men, in most cases they do so to diss their fellow women....
as a man... I know my Bleep.ing onions, once beaten, shy till eternity!!!
if u c a humble woman praise her parents...
so on point.,....you should have a Certification on these funny creatures
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by toskut(m): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
Its the old generation or archaic minded people that think like that
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by MissOpe(f): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
JUDGE NOT ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------JUDGE NOT-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
JUDGE NOT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JUDGE NOT---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JUDGE NOT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2013
heymaykher:
then get ready to remain single for lyf.....
i am already,with a little me beside me who ijust rocked to sleep wink
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by MrAboki: 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: 1.Ego will never let me

1. I have come to realize that the Ego most times is a front. Sort of like a defence mechanism to scare away potential predators...

kulyie: 2.i cannot stand any man telling me what to do,where to go,what to wear,when not to go out,when not to party, who to talk to,who not to talk to,infact,i cant take it.
2. Its not as bad as that.. However, with these women, its not business as usual. You cant treat them like those Mr. Biggs girls. They will be respectful, but you cant trample on them like you would a village girl.

kulyie: 3.two egoistic people cannot live under the same roof.[/color]
3. Well.....

[quote author=kulyie]4. i cannot give up my independence for nada

4. They all talk tough.. but most actually know when to pipe low. They however will not rollover and play slave to any man. (Plus! Why will any man want to have a slave as a partner?)

kulyie: 5. After studying the regemented lifestyle of many african married women,e.g wake up as early as 4am,tidy the house,cook for mr husband,get the kids ready for school,prepare for work,come back home, take the kids back from school,prepare supper for mr husband,wash etc,i cannot live such a life.i refuse to let circumstances dictate the kind of life i live especially when such sacrificial life might be appreciated or might not even be appreciated

5. Well true this.. They are not from the domestic housewives club. These women are career women. They do take care of their homes well though (Sometimes even better than fulltime housewives), but they will never be seat at home wives. These women will hit the peak of their career and professional lives. Thats the only way they can be truly fulfilled in life. Try to change that and you are in for trouble.

kulyie: 6.mrs wife always comes last in the list of priority in many marriages

6. #Explain please..

kulyie: 7.i dont have to be distracted by any man did this and that nonsense,inlaw craps etc

7. Na only Lesbians they yarn this type.. grin

Most times men can be a big distraction (and vice versa). Cant blame them. You need to know that these women have a good thing going and would never want to delibrately mess it up.. They are different from other women and thus should be dealth with differently.

kulyie: 8.no need hoping,wishing or praying no one cheats etc

8. Lol.... Not Applicable..

kulyie: 9.share my salary with nobody except the people i choose to

9. YEAH!!! Thats a valid fear.. Especially with the number of useless boys around town fronting as men. The 'SHARED RESPONSIBILITY' crew.. The decision of sharing her money should be her choice not mandatory.. A REAL MAN IS NEVER CONCERNED WITH HIS WOMANS MONEY!

kulyie: 10. Live my life for nobody since no one is looking up to me or waiting for me to do this and that for him.

10... Hmmmmmmm!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
Rickybel: Hmmmmm I'll give a robust reply to your post in due course

Haha Ricky darling, tryna scare mama? Lmao!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by paranorman(m): 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
wasak:
if u are a female I really sympathize with u in advance!
what exactly is civilization? the ever rising divorce rate advanced countries or the fast disappearing institution of marriage?
every ship needs a captain.. two captains can't mount a ship..u can't change the universal order of things, it is undeniable that every society has members who have separate roles, it is only when these roles are discharged effectively that a society attains equilibrium.

good luck!

bro, you just said my mind jare esp in the last 3 sentences. No need to sympathize with no one. She's got a choice, its a free world. When people tryna mess with the natural settings of things all in the guise of civilization, things get messy and we humans cry blood! Nature has got her way, so perfect in its own. Just look at the world through and you'l see d the problems man created for himself: social, ethical, political, financial imbalances, e.t.c. Mother earth her self is sick. Let thy Kingdom come oh Lord!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
Dumkele_1: @raymondenyi...u sound so bitter. with dis attitude u have put up here,only a short sighted lady will be willing to put up with it......I think I will blame the African men who do not know how to appreciate women. if u appreciate and encourage all women(successful or not),I can assure u that they will give u d respect u deserve 100%.....to be Frank ,what d lady said is quite true.....ur grammar hmmmm.........lastly u had no right to tell d lady to shut up and kindly show ladies some luv cos without them we all won't be here...peace
This is a good example of the attitude ish, and mind you without men of what use would you be??
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
crackhaus:
Ama! Ama! Ama!
Wetin we do you? No love?

Haha. Sweetie, there's love!

I have a man, and I love my baby to the moon and back, but I'm simply saying the truth. grin wink
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by firstlady4(f): 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2013

I so much fall inlove with your writeup guy... keep it up kiss kiss as for other guz out there...show some love and you will get love in return. wink wink peace......
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Yemlizzy(f): 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
Just as the popular adage that says "behind every successful man there is a woman" this goes a long way in proving that no man is an island and even when a woman is wealthy and very successful in life without a man by her side she is so incomplete as the contemporary African society frowns at such,if such a woman is void of pride and is as meek as a dove why wont peace reign,being successful is not a threat afterall.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by SeanT10: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
these women are so arrogant. @ opt, if u ever met one, u wont b asking this question. A few of them that get married dont have respect for their husbands anymore. imagine the man bathing the children in d morning [the wife came back home late cos of a meeting ], the husband having to go pickup the children from school because she cant make it.
If u ever date a single successful woman, u are in soup. nothing matters to her if not her success. u will have to write application before u kiss her. should u attempt kissing her without her approval, u go her grammar die. the day u want the koko, oboi u will buy roses, burn candles nd play music throughout the night. if by chance she gets an Email from d office during that period, all u labour for goes for nothing cos she needs to work.
My dear friend, there is no place for marriage in their lives.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mjlumideee(m): 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
E.M.Ezzy:
i think especially in this part of the planet most women do have attitude problems if they are financially indepenent dont you think
all women from every part of the world has "attitude"
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by chessguru1(m): 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: sympathize with yourself first for being so mentally shallow.

Secondly,i will not be the first or last independent unmarried woman,there are millions of women who share my school of thought and there are also millions who do not,if it makes you angry,you can get me arrested,thank you...smiley
Its very obvious that you are a lesbian. If not officially, deep down you are. Only opportunity and condition will bring it out
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by drmary: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
I was brought up amidst very sucessful women,who are far richer than their husbands e.g my mum,my uncle's wife,my aunty,my mother in law etc.
These women have so much respect for their husbands dt sometimes I get angry.at least I learnt dt having more money than your husband does not mean you should rub it on his face.
It all boils down to the kind of home training you got as a lady.
No african man will allow you rubbish his ego just because you are richer than him,so all you rich single ladies,drop your shoulders find yourselves good men,don't die single,old and frustrated .

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by xavier047: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
Wow Mr Raymond, take a chill pill and soften your obvious dislike for the opposite sex with such fame. If u understand them and have their antidote, trust me you are a lucky man. Yes I agree with you that some ladies that have attain success can be disgusting but you can't close the door because you have experience some nasty ones.
Raymondenyi:
Will u shut up n don't write what u know nothing about;
D ladies that achieve such firm n re not mingled with disgusting attitudes! Don't tek timme @ all to get married... It is the once with attitude! Moreover over 98% of them got attitudes, so what do u expect... When stable, they quickly place people they believe re below them! Behave anyhow to them! N always will wanna shw class.. How do u expect such attitudinal being to get mmarried? ( Generally we all know ladies re very greedy n self-centered beings, little 1da, why 2 ladies can't leave in a room 2geda) then imagine d type dat is stable, wat will u expect..,

With d experiences I hv 4rm ladies; I could do things 2x for my male friends, before I consider doing it 1ce for a lady!!!

*wicked set of beings** mtcheeeeeeewww!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
chess guru:
Its very obvious that you are a lesbian. If not officially, deep down you are. Only opportunity and condition will bring it out
lmao your opinion!

Which you are entitled too anyway and even if i were,what can you do 8-)
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
From lynpetra:

@op,sweety how have you been??Don't worry I wud be a wealthy and submissive wifey.The only problem is if you buy me d latest Toyota ride,I wud retaliate by buying you the latest Range Rover??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nairalander (Humbleservant) Weds His Beautiful Wife / How Do I Dump My Girlfriend Without Hurting Her? / Lady Sets On Fire The Cheap Wig Her Boyfriend Purchased For Her (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.