Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (36465 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Suspected Attitude Of Each Dude/lady In The Romance Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by squaddy(m): 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
Young po413:

you don`t mean

Yes I do mean it bro...why be the BF who spends all the cash and at the end of the silly relationship ends up heartbroken and in the worst case scenario also ends up financially wrecked as well when you can be the nigga by the side flirting with her and having a bite of the cherry for little or nothing and when she is ready to move on, your cash is still piling up in your bank account and you won't be heart broken...like I said, it works for me nigga...you will be amazed at the number of girls who wants a guy that does not care if she has a BF as long as he is getting the kitty kat to pound
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
oyinbogirl:

nyc point , have to agree guys should be dating with a mind 2 marriage anyways, ur gonna take care of her sooner or later so why not now? U cant expect her to give all the wifey 'things' if u no support her too! Do guys expect all these priveledges for themself when they got nothing concrete to offer?

You girls are absolutely ridiculous, what wifely things is she giving that isn't returned in same like gesture ?

Note that the phrase "Take care of" is relative and to each his/her own in translating it, what privileges are we talking about here ?

We need to clarify on that to know if the guy isn't giving in too.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by STENON(f): 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
I hope ''Mr N. Nworah'' is stil alive to comment on dis topic??....Ow on earth can a Lady depend on her Fiance for livin sake??....KEEP UR MONEY TO URSELF...N WOTEVA U DESIRES TO GIVE ME...USE IT TO INVEST FOR UR FUTURE......Any extra money apart frm my parnts own for my Education/Livin sake...b4 marriage is a curse to my achvmnts/career in dis Life....
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jtenna: 1:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
~PreciousBro~:

I don't think you understand the message in my post you quoted, your points are skewed and not well lettered.

Firstly,I didn't say men take excuses to deny their girl anything,I said the issue of men. monetizing se.x is not just the men's fault but the women as well as the society.

I don't get the drift you're trying to pass across,please read my post thoroughly before the rush to reply. When you complain of men not rendering assistance to their GFs when she isn't giving sex is another issue of pot and kettle being in same drawer,I didn't say men were devoid of ill-mentality,there are wise men so there are unwise ones too,and the said girl being unwise happens to be with this same unwise man for equating se.x and money,just like the girl that demands assistance unduly. Again that issue is not and shouldn't be a generalized one like you make it. Some have vile thoughts due to past experiences of course,you don't expect a girl they seldom trust to be treated as queens. And why would a girl regard her needs/ assistance from her boyfriend a compulsory one ?

Again,I didn't say he has to wait for her to ask before he extends generous gestures, we are talking about abuse of BFs generosity here by certain GFs, you strike me as one that focuses on your BF's financial assistance as a measure to know his level of generosity when it doesn't match your demand,he is termed as "stingy".

And the last, yes men will always entice you with things ,now the manner at which you fall is what portrays your morality and indignity.

A man would not deceive himself, we know a cheap girl from one that can't be bought,so just play your part and let the man do his.
lol. you are the one who really don't get my point. I didn't say you said that or you said this, i only sited instances to compare with your response.
@bolded, pls read my two responses well and slowly point out where i generalized
and really? Do u have to make some nasty comment about how i measure my bf's generiosity? For the record if you say you are my friend either boy or gal, brother, sister, lover and you claim to love me, if you don't go out of your way to help when am in need either financially, emotionally, or otherwise, when u actually can, then you aint worth it.
Bottom line is, you men should stop complaining when you are part of the cause. some of the gals depending excessively on their men are gals who have been conditioned to equate sex and emotions with financial gain. The more they give, the more they want to recieve. They were taught by men who were in turn taught by gals in their past and thats hw the trend came abt. Men n women are to blame not just one of them. Lets not be hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by BarryX(m): 1:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
oyinbogirl:

nyc point , have to agree guys should be dating with a mind 2 marriage anyways, ur gonna take care of her sooner or later so why not now? U cant expect her to give all the wifey 'things' if u no support her too! Do guys expect all these priveledges for themself when they got nothing concrete to offer?
Sorry dear ..
What're the "privileges" guys enjoy ??

S.E.......X

BTW .. What do ladies contribute tangibly in a relationship ?
At least, it's a well known fact that guys tender the "benjamins" for the wrong reason sorta !!!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jtenna: 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
BarryX: Sorry dear ..
What're the guys "privileges" ??

S.E.......X

BTW .. What do ladies contribute tangibly in a relationship ?
At least, it's a well known fact that guys tender the "benjamins" for the wrong reason sorta !!!
Exactly my point!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by MarieSucre(f): 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2014
It has been our culture from time immemorial. The woman is saddled with the house responsibilities and the husband brings in the dough for all. Most women can't imagine paying their own bills just as most husbands even in this century can't imagine doing house work regularly. To put it mildly; just as a husband would take cooking as a once in a year thing or washing the toilet once in 7 years(all house work done minimally not large scale). Thats the same way women will only spend on themselves once in 5 years albeit for minimal things. Culture and Nature dictate thus.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by princessayesha(f): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
jmoore:

Wife not woman. Take correction.
oh ok...u know they are not wives and u keep bleeping them hun?
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jmoore(m): 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
princessayesha: oh ok...u know they are not wives and u keep bleeping them hun?

I don't fornicate. You are talking to the wrong person.

Btw, sex is a two way thing.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
Marie Sucre: It has been our culture from time immemorial. The woman is saddled with the house responsibilities and the husband brings in the dough for all. Most women can't imagine paying their own bills just as most husbands even in this century can't imagine doing house work regularly. To put it mildly; just as a husband would take cooking as a once in a year thing or washing the toilet once in 7 years(all house work done minimally not large scale). Thats the same way women will only spend on themselves once in 5 years albeit for minimal things. Culture and Nature dictate thus.

You're getting it wrong, either intentionally or out of sheer ignorance.

A guy spending on his wife is very different from a girlfriend trying to fleece him! Worse when the said girlfriend may be from a middle-class family, and doesn't actually need the items / money she's demanding!

Someone said "girls have to look good", "the good looks are what attracted the guy in the first instance."

That's a load of baloney. Are all guys attracted to horse hair, and the rest of the false pointless things these blood-sucking leeches adorn themselves with? Lol!

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by gwas(m): 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
Angelstartups: It may be a bit harsh to think if a lady seems dependent on a man,its greed,poverty and all sorts.What do you say to this when your younger sibling asks you for financial help?is he or she poor or greedy?Not necessarily.Look at it this way,your younger siblings look up to you and hope you can help,ladies look upto their men in the same vein because this is how the creator made it.And maybe you need to show her what she can do to be financially independent.It gets out of hand though when its too much.
Your sense of reasoning is terrible!!!

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
@J.tenna, I don't Get you at all because you seem to be entangled in your own misconstrued state.

Your confusion is as a result of your constant bid to establish a dependence-state of mind by women, agreeing and disagreeing with me on a whole different level.

I already made the point of enchanting and enticing methods of the male to lure female to his wooing nest. This is an Evolutionary tradition that isn't short of civility in anyway. Now the issue at hand is what/how this women chose to perceive this enticement regardless of the man's intent(whether he's trying to buy her or he actually has good intentions of giving) is what differs the girl's morality and avaricious tendencies before the man.

The enticement is primarily an instinct that exude the power of capability as a provider to the male specie,even animals exhibit this trait, now we as humans are reasonable of course to see the true value in the gestures of this generous characteristics as the benchmark for compatibility.

Loyalty,trust,affection,Love,pride,dignity,morality,these are all virtues the girl is expected to get out of the gestures of the giving man not singling out an entity as money to equate his ability to show love.

You have to not generalize that men entice you women solely to bed you, you can do something about this ill-norm by refusing such men with the notion of not being bought like a worthless item.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by KDULAR: 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
It's nothing but greed and covetousness if you can't live within what you have, then you are nothing but a thief. A girl irrespective of what her background or present status is need not expect a dime or sustenance of any sort from a guy. I'm not talking about present or gifts whenever possible ; that should even be mutual and not lope sided.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
princessayesha: oh ok...u know they are not wives and u keep bleeping them hun?

This is another failed breeding mentality in the society by many Nigerian girls. My dear, how did se.x slide in this discuss ?

I am stark lost!!

Another reason they equate se.x with financial gains thus the dependent-state-of-mind.

Are you phucking him to his advantage or to both of you ?

The society needs to be rid of girls and boys like you before a change can come in. Damn!

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Originalsly: 3:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
Greed or poverty?...I think neither. I think it's because of tradition or/and the mindset of the person...believing that whatever they want should be given to them...people who never try to be independent. Tradition..the husband is the provider....times have been changing very fast but too many women hold on dearly to that tradition but at the same time demand to be up to date with the latest trends like Brazilian weaves etc.This holds true for both rich and poor.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jtenna: 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
@promisebro. Seems u have a reading/comprehending defect. You are either the one who is confused or you are just an arguementative soul who always want to defend his point blindly. It doen't matter how you analyze men's method of enticement, in fact if You like talk from now till tomorrow and the truth will always remain that we all, men n women alike need to change our relationship mentality.
Point of correction, read my post again. i never tried in ur words 'to establish a dependence state of mind by women' am not in support of that. I didn't generalize, just stop lying. I was merely stating the cause and dat we, men and women are both to blame. Period!
I wouldn't reply u again!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Skinni10ne: 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
Marie Sucre: It has been our culture from time immemorial. The woman is saddled with the house responsibilities and the husband brings in the dough for all. Most women can't imagine paying their own bills just as most husbands even in this century can't imagine doing house work regularly. To put it mildly; just as a husband would take cooking as a once in a year thing or washing the toilet once in 7 years(all house work done minimally not large scale). Thats the same way women will only spend on themselves once in 5 years albeit for minimal things. Culture and Nature dictate thus.

Say what Are there still women with this kind of mentality? Whats the point of having luxuries if you cant pay for them yourself? Are you a child?

What kind of statement is that? No wonder these men treat women like trash. Women should learn to do things themselves! Be independent. Your body is not all you have, your brain is there, i believe it works.

Hustle legally for your money
Buy a phone with your money
Dress well with your money
Even buy that weave (or buy good products that help grow ur own hair) with your money
Pay your tuition with your money
Buy a car with your money

And lets see what these guys bring to the table.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Samick: 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
It's regrettably lugubrious that an average nigerian girl depends on her so called boyfriend for her upkeep, this's occasioned by indolence and poverty mindedness.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by amare(m): 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
They are just dumb sculls, which just wanna eat and run. All what their brain can process is to just empty the guys pocket and turn the account red all in the name of the fake love the claim to have. Most of them. Ant even define it. Seriously shaking my head.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by couthy: 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
lynpetra: Abeg I won take loan,who fit borrow me?

How much do u need? Zero Collateral,Non_interest and negotiable payback period. Just PM moi.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
j.tenna:
@promisebro. Seems u have a reading/comprehending defect. You are either the one who is confused or you are just an arguementative soul who always want to defend his point blindly. It doen't matter how you analyze men's method of enticement, in fact if You like talk from now till tomorrow and the truth will always remain that we all, men n women alike need to change our relationship mentality.
Point of correction, read my post again. i never tried in ur words 'to establish a dependence state of mind by women' am not in support of that. I didn't generalize, just stop lying. I was merely stating the cause and dat we, men and women are both to blame. Period!
I wouldn't reply u again!

It is PreciousBro boo, another obvious hint to the testament of your blindness. Precious and promise,two different words with different meaning.. lol.

Talking about comprehension issues,what an irony when your argument has started to shift ground grin

And yet again you miss the point of argument on this said thread, talking about men and women having to change to yield the undermining change in the society as if that has been the bone of contention ?

My dear J.tenna, please do as you say and refrain from quoting me,its clear that you're out of your depth tongue .

My stance stand still, women are on a better threshold to conveying the healthy norms in a society,except of course, women like you tend to act selfishly and abuse, take advantage of the many enticing materials we men bring to fore in luring you weak parasitic worms to possession.

Grow some senses please before you ever quote me again. smiley

Imagine ? Smh

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Sagamite(m): 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
sexylogan: I have had discussions with several of my female acquaintances and work colleagues over the issue of the "Responsibilities" of a boyfriend in a relationship and to my dismay, almost all had the same beliefs. Most of them believed that their boyfriends wer the ones saddled with the responsibilities of

-paying for their new hair-do

-buying them new fones

-sending them airtime regularly

-giving them monetry allowances

-buying them clothes and shoes....etc

The list is endless.

Most even argued that if he (their bf) wants them to look good, he must be ready to spend.

In my mind i was like "WTF!" isnt that their father's responsibilty?

The only exceptions i came across were some of the ladies who were raised abroad and a few who were born in upper class families.

Those ones have a very different mentality. They believed that it was after getting a gud education and subsequently a gud job wud they be able to take care of themselves and buy watever they need.

The scenario got me thinking...

Is Poverty to blame for the general attitude of our naija babes or are they just Greedy?

#front-page-tingz tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I love my hit and run things. grin grin grin grin

I no dey do cash and carry. grin grin grin grin
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by keswagz(m): 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
kandiikane: Lol you wan a woman but you nor wan work for am? Foolish men! Go ashawo joint now. It will be cheaper foe you. Nansense.
See dis maga for yahoo girls, na ur type dey pay skul fees finish afterwards them (d girl) go say u no dey thier class. bf different from hsband if dnt knw
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by rhames(m): 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
I am not so surprised that some men still go after poverty stricken girls in this day and age.One advice i have for them is go out with girls who are working and comfortable without them taking nothing in return except your attention. They will appreciate you better. grin
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by keswagz(m): 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
grin
kandiikane:

Well then I guess our forefathers use to prostitute their daughters and the daughters carried it on. Indirect prostitution.

Read and try to understand the question.

If you don't want to earn a punny stay celibate or phuck a goat.
see dis 1 o!, if u tink it is gud to buy ur wyf n her punny then 1 day sombody weathier will also av acess to ur wyfs punny grin
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by studman: 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
Teespice: Honestly, it is a lose lose situation.

Most guys believe that to woo a girl, you must have a lot of money to throw about

Most girls believe that a guy must foot her bills after all " why are you my BF if you cannot take care of me"

Then when the real deal surfaces or when it ends albeit on a painful note, you see guys crying foul

Bottom line, women should be independent. Men should stop this mentality of thinking that every woman love can be bought with gifts and money. That way the cards are laid early in the relationship and whosoever is not satisfied has the option of taking a walk.

Nuff said.
You have made a lot of sense.Mehn,kudos to you.Very insightful.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by seggs101(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
deeplow: Neither of the two,it is plainly due to wrong orientation and upbringing. I know a girl who is from a wealthy family,and still believes a guy must give her everything. I asked her why,she said that is how it should be,and that's what her mother told her.

At the same time,you'll see girls who are from families where they barely can afford 3 square meals, that still believe a boyfriend isn't their saviour from poverty.

Would we say greed and poverty is responsible for Armed robbery? If so,80% of Nigerians would be thieves.
u said it all......
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by tlops(m): 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
bad parenting! Laziness!
Anyway our society seems to support that line opf thought; that women needs men to fulfill their needs and wants!
My Principle let every parent train their daughters and their sons as well to be self sufficient.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
Caracta: *yawns*

Bla bla bla bla...
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by fliexie(m): 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
My immediate past girl friend,
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Forwetinnah: 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
jmoore:
Which good book? There is a difference between girlfriend and wife.
Or have you written your own good book?

Then don't chyke a girl or look for a GF biko..wait till you get married so you can spend all your money on her, una dey find free thing!!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Forwetinnah: 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
~PreciousBro~:

Point of correction,no one is saying men won't take care of their girlfriends,the issue at hand is the abuse of it.

And the issue of 911 calls ,public embarrassment and all the nonsense you use as points to evade girls from being independent is not from a healthy mentality as yours too. Has it not been happening here too ? Who told you things won't take its order of correctness when a healthy society stems out ?

Men like you are what is failing the female mind from being independent and much so,the society.

And lastly, what does that mean when you say she's above your level ?

Again you place money as the sole factor for qualification for social strata. Smh

I'd say its insecurity and inferiority complex taking a huge side of you. So you do recognize what attracted the man to her in the first place but still decline his move due to his financial incompatibility, isn't that the problem in the first place ? Why should money be your benchmark and thus the yardstick you use for whole union/courtship/marriage/relationship, or are you saying a big girl cant fall in love with a broke guy ?

How you people reason is beyond absurdity. Smh!

Getting worked up won't do you no good. Surely when the said 'broke guy' spotted the 'rich girl' she was looking really good, probably having some cool Gucci shades on, a pair of Micheal Kors flats and a nice givenchy hand bag( I nefa talk the brazillian wey she wear for head o grin ) then you suddenly expect her to wear bags that keep her environment clean, barb her hair and look like a widow cause you're broke..guys GET REAL! If she doesn't ask, thank your stars, but if she does..be ready to provide. That glow wey attract you, KEEP IT BURNING or make yourself scarce. Trust me, the kind of insult guys get from babes overseas is NOTHING compared to the pat they get on the back down here..you never see harrassment, ask!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Do I Turn Him Down And Not Hurt Him? / Why I Left Her And Have No Intention Of Going Back / You Know She's From The Ghetto When...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.