Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (36435 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Suspected Attitude Of Each Dude/lady In The Romance Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 05, 2014
Harbosede02: Op,u are daft#no offence,u knw y i said so?cos of d way u tink,wtf!!how dare u generalise!itz nt all naija babes dat ask their guy 4 tinz,every1 has a different way of thinking some gurls tink wen they are dating a guy d guy sud spend all he has on them,while some tink d orda way round!carry out ur research very well next tym b4 u cum hr and start spitting awt trash!
#complimentsgrin

You can get your points across without insults. The OP never said "all" Nigerian girls are leeches. He said "most", which will be based upon personal experiences or encounters.

And deny it if you will, it's a sad fact of Nigerian life.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by EejaNla01(m): 9:02am On Jan 05, 2014
I don't blame the girls a times,when a guy spends his hard earned money on a lady anyhow,nd she spends her own money on frivolous things I don't get it....

Its not by force,stay away from such types any lady that doesn't care about how you are saving and spending logically hates you period! She ill desert you for the next high bidder.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 05, 2014
Asable: why do guys depend on der gf for sex why dont dey meet there mothers? guys abeg ans dat question then i will tell u y u need to take care of ur babes

Your analogy makes no sense.

I'm pretty sure these girls aren't ràped, and depend on their boyfriends for sèx too. Unless you're saying these girls should charge their boyfriends for putting out.

Which makes them hookers!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 05, 2014
Asable: why do guys depend on der gf for sex why dont dey meet there mothers? guys abeg ans dat question then i will tell u y u need to take care of ur babes
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Skinni10ne: 9:11am On Jan 05, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Christine01(f): 9:12am On Jan 05, 2014
Naam22: Its not greed or been poor,we are Africans and there's this knowledge that men are sopoz to take care of the woman,so forget all wat u r saying,no copy oyibo ppl..moreover if u can't take care of me while we are dating,how can u do it wen we are married,most men get use to the fact that d lady can take care of herself and shy away from their responsiblity

What kind of a reasoning is this? A man will shy away from his responsibility once he is married because he didn't spend on you during dating/courtship? That is so untrue!

I have seen a lot of cases where the man spent on the lady during dating/courtship only to turn a bad leaf after getting wedded.

And I have seen more cases where the man didn't spend so much on the lady during courtship and after getting married, the wife lacks nothing..... case study- my elder sister.

So, you really need to change this mentality of yours.

Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 05, 2014
jakesund:

I read your post thoroughly and truth be told I'm not surprised... the thread owner was stating his opinion and was asking what we all think about the Nigerian girl over dependent mentality..

if you were so different as you're trying to portray your Ill mannered self, courtesy demands you politely state your opinion and leave...

you went all out calling the thread owner "DAFT" for stating his opinion which last time I checked he's entitled to...

it hurts when you see people talking about the kinda person you are... which is over dependent and greedy...

THREE ADVICE FOR YOU...

-GET SOME MANNERS...

-STOP BEING DEPENDENT ON YOUR BOYFRIEND

- AND STOP TRYING SO HARD TO PROVE YOU'RE DIFFERENT JUST TO GET A BOYFRIEND ON NAIRALAND

NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT YOU shocked

Brother, I wish I could by you a case of your favourite drink. Spot on, sir!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 05, 2014
Icy4real: I'll say its mentality. I'm a lady and i dont tink i nid a man to pay for my hairdo or buy me clothes. A woman is suppose to look gud for herself not for some guy. I'm married but if he chose to do all this stuff for me i wont say no but then he is nt under any compulsion. I chose to fix myself up bcause i feel gud wen i look gud.

If there were more Nigerian ladies like you, this thread might not exist. Well done!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by silverspring4ev(f): 9:23am On Jan 05, 2014
~PreciousBro~:

What does that mean ,saying this is Nigeria ?

So this is Nigeria and people should remain in abject nonentity when its eligible minds like you as you claim that should bring to the society a healthy change are flowing with this unhealthy trend and scoping men off ?

"The Average Naija Man" differs in characteristics and understanding relatively to the Nigerian People and so if you say the average 9ja man,let it be to your own perspective of his traits. I don't buy to this whole bullock of a talk, did you actually read my posts on this thread,starting from the first to this which you ignorantly chose to quote ? I doubt it.

Firstly,I don't think anyone should acquaint him or her self with someone from a different idiosyncrasy,especially when it comes to courtship/relationship, move with people in same social-likeness and status. So your issue of average 9ja men are comfortable with pest they can control is totally flawed,are the vast and numerous threads on Nairaland about money-hungry girls solely by below average ,average or above average men ?

The issue of it should start with men is another nonsense I choose to ignore because by my last post before this now,I cleared it,so bringing this as a pointer is what you'd have to explain better for me to counter.
. Yes! The issue should be discussed starting from the guys becaues they re d ones who instigated this whole thing...wen a guy is going after a good looking nd "comfortable" girl without making any attempt to find out what d girl does for a living or which family she came out from,what does he expect? I dnt encourage a girl to be dependent on a man buh my point is...a guy shud at least find out a little abt a girl b4 asking her out. That way,all dis things wii be checked...infact,m not going 2 join issues with u. Its either u address d issue d way it is or u keep dreaming.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 05, 2014
hollandis:
your mother is a brat .Your sisters are brats .All living and dead female members of your households are brats ONYOSHI

Insulting ones parents says more about you than you realise. Or did the guy's comment strike too close to home?

Sounds like this thread's more about you than we realised.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by daprincel(m): 9:33am On Jan 05, 2014
Na greed lipsrsealed
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by daprincel(m): 9:34am On Jan 05, 2014
cheesy
xynerise:
Have you seen a dollar or pound since you were born? tongue
. Ouch!!!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by adgwarri: 9:36am On Jan 05, 2014
Gurl r just lazy
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by STENON(f): 9:59am On Jan 05, 2014
adgwarri: Gurl r just lazy
.......Tnk God dat u said Gurl bt nt Girls.....
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jtenna: 10:08am On Jan 05, 2014
How dare u blame ignorance, greed and poverty when u monetize s.ex? How do you expect a desent gal to feel when u refuse to help all because she didnt give u her body? Don't get me wrong i am not in support of girls who depend too much on a man but a man who isn't a supportive friend and lover is worst than an infidel. Sorry to say this but some men deserves to be milked dry! And some babes have sown to do so!
Take this from a gal who has experienced such and come let me tell u the story!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 05, 2014
j.tenna:
How dare u blame ignorance, greed and poverty when u monetize s.ex? How do you expect a desent gal to feel when u refuse to help all because she didnt give u her body? Don't get me wrong i am not in support of girls who depend too much on a man but a man who isn't a supportive friend and lover is worst than an infidel. Sorry to say this but some men deserves to be milked dry! And some babes have sown to do so!

Wow! What happened to you? Sounds like you've had it rough. Take care your bitterness doesn't cloud your sense of reasoning though, as it will affect future relationships.

And it could turn you into a man-hater, assuming it hasn't already.

3 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jtenna: 10:25am On Jan 05, 2014
Siena:

Wow! What happened to you? Sounds like you've had it rough. Take care your bitterness doesn't cloud your sense of reasoning though, as it will affect future relationships.

And it could turn you into a man-hater, assuming it hasn't already.
it doesn't. I still love 'the bros' lol. I just hate it that u guy are being hypocritical.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 10:30am On Jan 05, 2014
silverspring4ev: . Yes! The issue should be discussed starting from the guys becaues they re d ones who instigated this whole thing... wen a guy is going after a good looking nd "comfortable" girl without making any attempt to find out what d girl does for a living or which family she came out from,what does he expect? I dnt encourage a girl to be dependent on a man buh my point is...a guy shud at least find out a little abt a girl b4 asking her out. That way,all dis things wii be checked...infact,m not going 2 join issues with u. Its either u address d issue d way it is or u keep dreaming.

Will you please stop quoting me when you have no logical pointer to bring fourth for debate ?

The bolded just gave your moroni.c feminine emotion of dependence and lack of reason driven by bias,it implies that broke guys shouldn't even think of approaching nor dating well financially made women, even when the true essence is in place. And then you still went on to say you don't subscribe to women depending on men ?

Left to me I'd say stay out of this topic and just read and try to pick brains from people with well vast mental input.

What you just said now is poor should date poor,rich should date rich regardless of love,care,attraction,compatibility,knowledge and social-likeness etc which are the true bases for a union be it courtship/date/relationship. Again, money is a huge factor your broke brain seem to always attach as the most paramount all-in-all,which brings us back to square one again.

Remind me why this thread was brought about again ?

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Watinhapen(m): 10:50am On Jan 05, 2014
hollandis:

All am saying is Nigerian Girls and girls from other countries are the same or even better.Before you go out with a girl abroad ,you know you need to have a car ,a house ,a good job and you have to be handsome.So what's the difference

This clearly shows that you've nt traveled out of Nigeria all your life. No need to argue this with you.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Forwetinnah: 10:52am On Jan 05, 2014
Sorry, most Nigerian guys are more dependent on their girls these days, they feel threatened by your success and still want things from you..no sense of intergrity or pride whatsoever. A lot of selfcentered opportunist parading themselves as boyfriends, seen a case where a guy said its okay for his GF to go hang out @ a rich guys table in a joint just cause he sent a waiter over with $100..seriously, I could see the shock on the girls face. Some dudes are just SHAMELESS, what a BF! 2mao when she starts rolling with the Dollar man, bobo go shout say she dey cheat on am, forgetting he's Sold her out already for a $100

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Gamboh55(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2014
vivalavida: You guys are just wasting your time here. Call them wat u like,from ignorant to greed etc,they dont care. It flies in goes in from one ear and leaves the other. Even if u will elicit any response from them,what u will get is *whatever*. This present generation of girls are da worst to thread on this country

Monie,the lady in canada,i loved your contribution to the topic. It was quite expository. Adaeze,kudos to you.

Guy u spoke my mind jare. The current generation of ladies are nothing to write home about.I get scared because I ask myself what dis lady will teach my children when i'm away hustling to meet d family's needs.if e tire me na to go orphanage adopt one sweet pikin forget marriage
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Watinhapen(m): 10:55am On Jan 05, 2014
Christine01:

What kind of a reasoning is this? A man will shy away from his responsibility once he is married because he didn't spend on you during dating/courtship? That is so untrue!

I have seen a lot of cases where the man spent on the lady during dating/courtship only to turn a bad leaf after getting wedded.

And I have seen more cases where the man didn't spend so much on the lady during courtship and after getting married, the wife lacks nothing..... case study- my elder sister.

This's exactly what guys are trying to say to the ladies...be wise when you still got the time to be. A lady who is a liability during courtship to a man will never be appreciated when finally married to that man but a lady that was an asset to a man during courtship will get wateva and more of anything she needs and be greatly appreciated when finally married by her husband.

Shalom!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 11:06am On Jan 05, 2014
j.tenna:

The issue of monitizing se.x as you say by men is not in its entirety correct,is more like the order of a new era by many bodies" eg media propaganda,parents ,men and women ,so its safe to say its a society issue . Blaming it solely on men is false,because women are as guilty as men.

If you go to foreign countries too like say the western world,is the same. Now the main issue is what has it turned you to,has it turned you to a gold-digger that you'd take advantage of this ill norm ,putting to disregard the virtues of truism in its movement that should earn you a good man likewise your kind ?

A decent girl will not in anyway, I repeat,not ask her man for financial support especially when she knows reasonably ,the means of achieving financial aid isn't possible,save for she's in dire situation when she clearly needs help from many hands and that includes her parents,her relatives ,her boyfriend etc

So my dear, men will always entice you with the good things of life,money is not an exception,it doesn't mean he expects you to yield to these enticement wrongly. Don't be taking advantage of it and still blaming it on him cheapening you with his enticement as a means to drain him,if you don't like him don't take advantage of his givens.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Forwetinnah: 11:12am On Jan 05, 2014
Flyboy Zee:
You see your life? Na babes like una dey work for CBN, yet you go dey disturb your boyfriend wey dey teach for nursery school make e buy you Brazillian hair.

Them dey talk better matter here, you de ask for date. Abi Nairaland look like calender?

Helloooo..it is VERY NATURAL for the man to take care of his woman, atleast the good book says soooooo!! Y'all are shouting how dependent girls overseas are, hope youre ready to take the same public embarrassment and insults and slaps and 911 calls and arrest the guys take from the same very 'independent' oversea babes? (Nigerian man go gree) How do you even expect a girl to respect you when you can't take care of her? She fends for herself yet you want to bully her around..Eziokwu!! Granted some girls have their excesses, but the minute you notice she's way above your level simply bow out..afterall it was her LEVEL that attracted you to her in the 1st place. Let's not sit here and keep vindicating men. Guys take care of your women..atleast let her know you're trying no matter how small.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by GentleFrank(m): 11:19am On Jan 05, 2014
Tell them !
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jmoore(m): 11:24am On Jan 05, 2014
Christine01:

Shalom!
Endorsed for the virtuous ladies. √

They should stop comparing girlfriend with a wife
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jmoore(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2014
For wetin nah?:

Helloooo..it is VERY NATURAL for the man to take care of his woman, atleast the good book says soooooo!! ......
Which good book? There is a difference between girlfriend and wife.
Or have you written your own good book?
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 11:28am On Jan 05, 2014
For wetin nah?:

Helloooo..it is VERY NATURAL for the man to take care of his woman, atleast the good book says soooooo!! Y'all are shouting how dependent girls overseas are, hope youre ready to take the same public embarrassment and insults and slaps and 911 calls and arrest the guys take from the same very 'independent' oversea babes? (Nigerian man go gree) How do you even expect a girl to respect you when you can't take care of her? She fends for herself yet you want to bully her around..Eziokwu!! Granted some girls have their excesses, but the minute you notice she's way above your level simply bow out..afterall it was her LEVEL that attracted you to her in the 1st place. Let's not sit here and keep vindicating men. Guys take care of your women..atleast let her know you're trying no matter how small.

Point of correction,no one is saying men won't take care of their girlfriends,the issue at hand is the abuse of it.

And the issue of 911 calls ,public embarrassment and all the nonsense you use as points to evade girls from being independent is not from a healthy mentality as yours too. Has it not been happening here too ? Who told you things won't take its order of correctness when a healthy society stems out ?

Men like you are what is failing the female mind from being independent and much so,the society.

And lastly, what does that mean when you say she's above your level ?

Again you place money as the sole factor for qualification for social strata. Smh

I'd say its insecurity and inferiority complex taking a huge side of you. So you do recognize what attracted the man to her in the first place but still decline his move due to his financial incompatibility, isn't that the problem in the first place ? Why should money be your benchmark and thus the yardstick you use for whole union/courtship/marriage/relationship, or are you saying a big girl cant fall in love with a broke guy ?

How you people reason is beyond absurdity. Smh!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jtenna: 11:51am On Jan 05, 2014
~PreciousBro~:

The issue of monitizing se.x as you say by men is not in its entirety correct,is more like the order of a new era by many bodies" eg media propaganda,parents ,men and women ,so its safe to say its a society issue . Blaming it solely on men is false,because women are as guilty as men.

If you go to foreign countries too like say the western world,is the same. Now the main issue is what has it turned you to,has it turned you to a gold-digger that you'd take advantage of this ill norm ,putting to disregard the virtues of truism in its movement that should earn you a good man likewise your kind ?

A decent girl will not in anyway, I repeat,not ask her man for financial support especially when she knows reasonably ,the means of achieving financial aid isn't possible,save for she's in dire situation when she clearly needs help from many hands and that includes her parents,her relatives ,her boyfriend etc

So my dear, men will always entice you with the good things of life,money is not an exception,it doesn't mean he expects you to yield to these enticement wrongly. Don't be taking advantage of it and still blaming it on him cheapening you with his enticement as a means to drain him,if you don't like him don't take advantage of his givens.
i don't agree with it being a societal issue at all. when a man takes that as an excuse to deny help from a person he claims to love, like and cherish then it is an individaul issue and it is so common among nigerian men. I have white friends and even though i know they like to have me as a lover, when am in need and i ask for monentry favor, they never hesitate to help even when they dont have.
most men complain that gals depends too much but they are so happy to give as long as they have s.ex with them. When they have a gal that wants to keep herself for marriage, they hesitate to give but yet they go behind to spend for a girl who 'gives' them and yet they complain.
@bolded, of course a decent well-brought up gal will ask only when she knows he has but must he wait for her to ask? Lol. Typical of most nigeria men. They can't give from the dept of the love(they say they feel) from their heart.
@bolded. Men will entice you and when you fall for it, they fawn over you and behind you they call u cheap and if you don't they say you are holy holy, they withold their stinking favor and prefer to roll with the chicks that knows 'whatsup'. Nonsense! Who is depending on whom?

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by oyinbogirl(f): 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Naam22: Its not greed or been poor,we are Africans and there's this knowledge that men are sopoz to take care of the woman,so forget all wat u r saying,no copy oyibo ppl..moreover if u can't take care of me while we are dating,how can u do it wen we are married,most men get use to the fact that d lady can take care of herself and shy away from their responsiblity

nyc point , have to agree guys should be dating with a mind 2 marriage anyways, ur gonna take care of her sooner or later so why not now? U cant expect her to give all the wifey 'things' if u no support her too! Do guys expect all these priveledges for themself when they got nothing concrete to offer?
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 12:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
j.tenna:

i don't agree with it being a societal issue at all. when a man takes that as an excuse to deny help from a person he claims to love, like and cherish then it is an individaul issue and it is so common among nigerian men. I have white friends and even though i know they like to have me as a lover, when am in need and i ask for monentry favor, they never hesitate to help even when they dont have.
most men complain that gals depends too much but they are so happy to give as long as they have s.ex with them. When they have a gal that wants to keep herself for marriage, they hesitate to give but yet they go behind to spend for a girl who 'gives' them and yet they complain.
@bolded, of course a decent well-brought up gal will ask only when she knows he has but must he wait for her to ask? Lol. Typical of most nigeria men. They can't give from the dept of the love(they say they feel) from their heart.
@bolded. Men will entice you and when you fall for it, they fawn over you and behind you they call u cheap and if you don't they say you are holy holy, they withold their stinking favor and prefer to roll with the chicks that knows 'whatsup'. Nonsense! Who is depending on whom?

I don't think you understand the message in my post you quoted, your points are skewed and not well lettered.

Firstly,I didn't say men take excuses to deny their girl anything,I said the issue of men. monetizing se.x is not just the men's fault but the women as well as the society.

I don't get the drift you're trying to pass across,please read my post thoroughly before the rush to reply. When you complain of men not rendering assistance to their GFs when she isn't giving sex is another issue of pot and kettle being in same drawer,I didn't say men were devoid of ill-mentality,there are wise men so there are unwise ones too,and the said girl being unwise happens to be with this same unwise man for equating se.x and money,just like the girl that demands assistance unduly. Again that issue is not and shouldn't be a generalized one like you make it. Some have vile thoughts due to past experiences of course,you don't expect a girl they seldom trust to be treated as queens. And why would a girl regard her needs/ assistance from her boyfriend a compulsory one ?

Again,I didn't say he has to wait for her to ask before he extends generous gestures, we are talking about abuse of BFs generosity here by certain GFs, you strike me as one that focuses on your BF's financial assistance as a measure to know his level of generosity when it doesn't match your demand,he is termed as "stingy".

And the last, yes men will always entice you with things ,now the manner at which you fall is what portrays your morality and indignity.

A man would not deceive himself, we know a cheap girl from one that can't be bought,so just play your part and let the man do his.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

*Types Of Spirits That Delay Your Marriages* / Reasons You Should Get Married Later In Life / Abiriba Man, Ejindu, Who Is To Marry 2 Women Does Different Wedding Banners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.