Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,160 members, 7,811,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (36434 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Suspected Attitude Of Each Dude/lady In The Romance Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by silverspring4ev(f): 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
kadas-01:
Both (greed and poverty)! I still believe the average Nigerian girl needs to be empowered so as to help erase this retrogressive mentality that many of them posses presently! If this can be achieved, our society would be a better place!
that is not d point. If my guy is financialy balance nd he's not spending on me,its either he's stingy or he's spending it on another woman.simple...so dnt get it twisted,it didn't start from us nd Will not end from Us not because we're lazy or we cnt afford d luxury buh becaue a man must be a man unlesss he's not financialy balance
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by kingjooo(m): 10:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
I hate complain,guyz Cut ur cloth accordin to ur size,the level of ur income should determine d type of gal u go out with.

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by brightnelly(f): 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
kingjooo: I hate complain,guyz Cut ur cloth accordin to ur size,the level of ur income should determine d type of gal u go out with.
SMH4U
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by 2scorehigh(m): 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Guys, I actually understand how it feels, most especially when girls want to make the man believe they are looking good only just for him (which is a true lie, of course), but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Having women depending upon us is NOT a wrong idea in its entirety as there are some positives in there that can be exploited.

It keeps guys on their feet, up and doing, and hustling all the time because there is a woman to impress at the end of the day!

But that's not all.

This financial dependency also gives guys so much power to choose, if you know what I mean.

To tell you the truth, I'd rather have a woman dependent on me because that way I am sure I will always be in control.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by kingjooo(m): 10:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
brightnelly:
SMH4U
what do u mean by dat n**ga?
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by DocAdray(f): 11:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
It could be either, none or both. It all depends on the girl's upbringing and perception of such kind of issues to life..
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Never date these small small girls wey never sabi wear their pants. Date matured ladies, they are classier and less dependent.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jelel6: 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
do i want my babe to be dependent on me? Absolutely NO. How bout my wife? Definitely YES. The diff is clear bro.
2scorehigh: Guys, I actually understand how it feels, most especially when girls want to make the man believe they are looking good only just for him (which is a true lie, of course), but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Having women depending upon us is NOT a wrong idea in its entirety as there are some positives in there that can be exploited.
It keeps guys on their feet, up and doing, and hustling all the time because there is a woman to impress at the end of the day!
But that's not all.
This financial dependency also gives guys so much power to choose, if you know what I mean.
To tell you the truth, I'd rather have a woman dependent on me because that way I am sure I will always be in control.

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by silverspring4ev(f): 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
~PreciousBro~:

You are correct.

A nation where you have people bathed with insecurity traits from a fundamental state to its roof stage, mentality such as I must have the best out of nothing(that includes no hard work input and lack of mental development), surely you don't expect the weaker vessel in that said failed society to belong to the pedestal of providers,they would rather feast/pest from the actual providers(male). In any slightest opportunity and manipulate whatever jargons to term it right.

A Nation where you have majority of its females striving on this mentality and mind-set for survival than the minority that know what being Independent is in actuality, my dear its safe to generalize that Nigerian women are gold-digging money-leeching prostitutes in this contemporary era.

You even see them on here defending it,trying so hard to make it a norm rather than eradicating the pest-like mind-set.

Shameful to say the least,I tell you.
. U might be right here buh lemme quickly remind u dat dis is Nigeria nd some tinz dnt jst work out here...I remember wen my sis wanted 2 buy a car with her hard earned money buh my mum protested saying dat men dnt like it wen a young girl live big. D fact is dat a typical 9ja guy finds it threatning wen a young girl is living comfortable. They re comfortable wif d ones ey can manipulate nd dat I'd d ones u called pest. So,if u re talking of eradicating any norm,it shud start from d guys,dat way,pple will learn nd move on

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by brightnelly(f): 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
kingjooo: what do u mean by dat n**ga?
figure it out n**ga
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by sage2(m): 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
Harbosede02: Op,u are daft#no offence,u knw y i said so?cos of d way u tink,wtf!!how dare u generalise!itz nt all naija babes dat ask their guy 4 tinz,every1 has a different way of thinking some gurls tink wen they are dating a guy d guy sud spend all he has on them,while some tink d orda way round!carry out ur research very well next tym b4 u cum hr and start spitting awt trash!
#complimentsgrin

You sound so pained. Did the poster hit the nail on the head?
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 11:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
silverspring4ev: . U might be right here buh lemme quickly remind u dat dis is Nigeria nd some tinz dnt jst work out here...I remember wen my sis wanted 2 buy a car with her hard earned money buh my mum protested saying dat men dnt like it wen a young girl live big. D fact is dat a typical 9ja guy finds it threatning wen a young girl is living comfortable. They re comfortable wif d ones ey can manipulate nd dat I'd d ones u called pest. So,if u re talking of eradicating any norm,it shud start from d guys,dat way,pple will learn nd move on

What does that mean ,saying this is Nigeria ?

So this is Nigeria and people should remain in abject nonentity when its eligible minds like you as you claim that should bring to the society a healthy change are flowing with this unhealthy trend and scoping men off ?

"The Average Naija Man" differs in characteristics and understanding relatively to the Nigerian People and so if you say the average 9ja man,let it be to your own perspective of his traits. I don't buy to this whole bullock of a talk, did you actually read my posts on this thread,starting from the first to this which you ignorantly chose to quote ? I doubt it.

Firstly,I don't think anyone should acquaint him or her self with someone from a different idiosyncrasy,especially when it comes to courtship/relationship, move with people in same social-likeness and status. So your issue of average 9ja men are comfortable with pest they can control is totally flawed,are the vast and numerous threads on Nairaland about money-hungry girls solely by below average ,average or above average men ?

The issue of it should start with men is another nonsense I choose to ignore because by my last post before this now,I cleared it,so bringing this as a pointer is what you'd have to explain better for me to counter.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Expsbterror(m): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
#End_time_things
Illiteracy nd stupidity
+ a whole lot of end time adjectives to describe. Toh not all girls sha.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by WuzilistiQ(m): 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
I think the issue of either greed nor poverty is not the main problem, the problem we have is the corrupt gene we're being born with, lack of home training, and pair pressure because in some cases you see a beautiful girl from a defensive background looking for jobs or working even with the consciousness of her beauty, she doesn't depend on men and is satisfied with what she has, then others put up the lazy attitudes because of how they where being brought up then along the line the family responsibilities became too much plus their inability to fend for themselves they chose to look for a shortcut and others do it under the influence of their friends just to prove they are "on top of their game" but where the greed comes in is where enough is not enough ( they are constantly demanding) all her conversation will start and end with the demand for funds and the poverty comes in when it is legalized in her home to use what she has to feed the entire family (in some cases she does it willingly because she can stand the poverty the family is facing at that moment) so finally ladies have a psychological motive towards the pursuit of money so it stays in between greed & poverty.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by PreciousBro: 12:13am On Jan 05, 2014
~PreciousBro~:
Ladies don't get the whole thing wrong, Men are to entice you with whatever they deem fit to lure you to their wooing nest cheesy its tradition, even a civilized one at that.

However, your notion of disregarding the potentials of goodness in his gesture is what cracks the gallantry bowl. Taking advantage of it by singling out a material of the enticement such as Money is what differs you from good/bad, money is not the paramount item to entice you, his words, his undying and promising affection,love, care, attention, often times, even gifts.

Now how you respond to this is the determining factor of his opinion towards you, whether he'd take you serious or not, some men have money and all to entice you, you fall cheap to this and eventually fall in love and he doesn't see you fit to be wifely,you then nag,cry..lol,curse and all ,saying men are this ,men are that.. tongue

Wise girls get the ring, wise girls are mannerly upright. They were trained well , they are mentally free and independent not enslaved and dependent. Use your head Nigerian Girls. Smh

I don't know how someone would decide to quote me with that Men-should-be-the ones-to-change-society crap,after reading this post of mine, did you skip the significance of this message ?
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Bsidebreed: 12:18am On Jan 05, 2014
Lack of education
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by princessayesha(f): 12:37am On Jan 05, 2014
And it is a man that's asking this.....men are born to treat women right, infact a woman's job is suppose to b taing care of u, the house n the children. Stop being eurocentric.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Jaerymes(m): 1:58am On Jan 05, 2014
deeplow: Neither of the two,it is plainly due to wrong orientation and upbringing. I know a girl who is from a wealthy family,and still believes a guy must give her everything. I asked her why,she said that is how it should be,and that's what her mother told her.

At the same time,you'll see girls who are from families where they barely can afford 3 square meals, that still believe a boyfriend isn't their saviour from poverty.

Would we say greed and poverty is responsible for Armed robbery? If so,80% of Nigerians would be thieves.

But 80% of Nigerians are thieves one way or another, big thief and small thief.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by hollandis(f): 4:21am On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=monie][/quote]

All am saying is Nigerian Girls and girls from other countries are the same or even better.Before you go out with a girl abroad ,you know you need to have a car ,a house ,a good job and you have to be handsome.So what's the difference
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Ganeath(m): 4:30am On Jan 05, 2014
sexylogan: I agree with all the men in the house cool
Babes, una no go defend urselves? tongue

They are most probably all guilty of the offence!
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by MMotimo: 5:57am On Jan 05, 2014
@ Post

Largely actual poverty or its sister - poverty mentality disorder
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jmoore(m): 6:57am On Jan 05, 2014
princessayesha: And it is a man that's asking this.....men are born to treat women right, infact a woman's job is suppose to b taing care of u, the house n the children. Stop being eurocentric.

Wife not woman. Take correction.

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by bank2k4real(m): 7:03am On Jan 05, 2014
Happy Sunday....check my signature.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Raybel(m): 7:58am On Jan 05, 2014
The truth is this. The only babes who can truly love a guy are the upper class ones. They ones who have the basic comforts of life at their disposal. All these street babes are just after ur pocket. Poor orientation, laziness, upbringing & poverty are factors responsible for this trend. These class of babes are nothing but “ Mobile Liabilities”. They crawl into ur life, and then leave u in rugged stitches.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by squaddy(m): 7:59am On Jan 05, 2014
It is what it is brothers and complaining about it won't solve anything...nobody likes spending recklessy even bill gates himself...once in a while guys may show off and squander huge sums of cash but believe me they don't like it...now since this mentality of the BF automatically becoming the parents of the girl(totally disregarding the amount of effort we put into satifying them sexually), my advice to you brothers is to be the nigga by the side having a bite of the cherry once in a while...I mean we all know that no matter the amount of love you show a lady she will always seek an extra d.I.c.k to experiment on...now allow them have their BF(since she is still going to cheat on you if you are the BF) and let him do all the spending while you be the nigga by the side who comes in as a substitute to score the winning goal for little or no charge...works for me

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by ceeceeco: 8:01am On Jan 05, 2014
I dnt regard dependable girls & can neva. I treat dem like rags, cos 2 me they're nothing..no luv/respect 4 dem @ all.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Dopemoney: 8:08am On Jan 05, 2014
a bitch niggar is d shit I don't lik..... a snitcheee niggar is d shit I don't f***k#
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Youngpo413: 8:08am On Jan 05, 2014
Jaerymes:

But 80% of Nigerians are thieves one way or another, big thief and small thief.

lol
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Youngpo413: 8:15am On Jan 05, 2014
squaddy: It is what it is brothers and complaining about it won't solve anything...nobody likes spending recklessy even bill gates himself...once in a while guys may show off and squander huge sums of cash but believe me they don't like it...now since this mentality of the BF automatically becoming the parents of the girl(totally disregarding the amount of effort we put into satifying them sexually), my advice to you brothers is to be the nigga by the side having a bite of the cherry once in a while...I mean we all know that no matter the amount of love you show a lady she will always seek an extra d.I.c.k to experiment on...now allow them have their BF(since she is still going to cheat on you if you are the BF) and let him do all the spending while you be the nigga by the side who comes in as a substitute to score the winning goal for little or no charge...works for me

you don`t mean
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Naam22(f): 8:26am On Jan 05, 2014
Its not greed or been poor,we are Africans and there's this knowledge that men are sopoz to take care of the woman,so forget all wat u r saying,no copy oyibo ppl..moreover if u can't take care of me while we are dating,how can u do it wen we are married,most men get use to the fact that d lady can take care of herself and shy away from their responsiblity
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 05, 2014
dzeeny: Dependz on d girl sha,not all naija babɛs reason dat way,,,,,

Sadly, a greater percentage reason this way.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 05, 2014
sexylogan:

I never said all but most. No man alive wants to be with a leech.

Spot on bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

*Types Of Spirits That Delay Your Marriages* / Reasons You Should Get Married Later In Life / Abiriba Man, Ejindu, Who Is To Marry 2 Women Does Different Wedding Banners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.