Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Love Letters - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Letters (18255 Views)

Poll: Love letters are:

Sweet: 77% (235 votes)
Silly: 22% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Is Sweeter: Love Letters Or Love Sms? / Share Your Secondary School Love Letters. . . / Love Letters To My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Letters by steve49ja(m): 12:14am On Sep 12, 2008
ahh love letters really did magic during secondary schl days, atleast i had a damsel through a L.L., even now i still drop some hand written words in my chic's bag and later call her up to check my little present,these days wha can one do but text but in my own opinion these new methods (mail n text) still cant replace the feelyn you get when a loved one drops u a note or sends a friend to do the delivery.

one funny experience,
there was this girl on the same street where i lived they owned a mini mart ,she was all growing men's attraction in my street, you know you just go around the shop to ask for something youre sure they wont have just to come close to this girl and talk you know the customer relationship.
well ill write up a nice piece roll it in a currency note walk to their shop demand an item and pay her not her mum o and make sure she understands theres something wrapped in the currency note.
girls sha, she read my letter and showed her friends and i was this famous kid, my parents were also famous,her friends brought the idea of making photocopies of my letter and paste it on the wall of each building in the street
when i heard this i almost went for a no return holiday, my heart ran 300 metres in a second, i had to beg sha u know. but this didnt dicourage me from the act of writing but to other girls oh, was fun sha , still is
Re: Love Letters by Morenike3(f): 2:42am On Sep 12, 2008
Even when my mom was in school, writing love letters was considered outdated grin grin Ok, maybe it's now the -ish?
Re: Love Letters by onyinye2(f): 2:45am On Sep 12, 2008
I never got "Love letters" but i did get alot of poems written by guys. I keep them in my journal, in its own section. They are really romantic and i don't think i'll ever get rid of them.
Re: Love Letters by dyabman(m): 2:55am On Sep 12, 2008
love letters detroyed my first girl i fell in love with . . . . not bad english , i think she just dislike it . i cant never ever forget that day. when i was in jss 2 , its a bad memory for me
Re: Love Letters by Maleeq(m): 5:37am On Sep 12, 2008
dyabman:

love letters destroyed my first girl i fell in love with . . . .

Hmmm, talking about Letter Bomb!!! grin
Re: Love Letters by dyabman(m): 9:14am On Sep 12, 2008
a nuclear one.
Re: Love Letters by deolaoluz(f): 9:50am On Sep 12, 2008
Love letters are very nice tins but dont xist anymore. well my first love letter was in primary school and others followed, thank God for TeXt messaged feelings can be xpressed in just 100 characters instead of 10 pages.

i would not mind receiving a love letter now. cool
Re: Love Letters by ademeka(m): 10:03am On Sep 12, 2008
@ deola oluz

really? how soon?
Re: Love Letters by ademeka(m): 10:37am On Sep 12, 2008
shocked
who is this! no horror movies on this site plssssssssss!
Re: Love Letters by capsmo(m): 10:54am On Sep 12, 2008
hmmmm, love letters? they worked for me!
The memories are still very fresh, huh.
Re: Love Letters by lompi23(m): 11:25am On Sep 12, 2008
love letter ? cool but face 2 face much better cheesy[email][/email]
Re: Love Letters by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2008
i once wrote a love letter to a girl in secondary skool, the next day, she looked for me, was in my face and she started crying! i was confused until she blurted out, I LOVE U TOO! i Have never been the same since dat day!
Re: Love Letters by damkollins(m): 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2008
I was initiated into it when I was barely 10 from a very much older lady in my compound.I was the brilliant chap in the compound then and she needs to read the numerous letters her boyfriend posted to her;worst still she also needs to reply them and she could not even write an "0" with a bottle!

I was her translator and the writer of her Love letters for like 4 years and guess what?I never knew the meaning of all I was writing/reading for her!I will see words like sex,virgin,hugging,kiss e.t.c and didn't even know their meaning but when I write it out,you'll never believe I don't know the meaning because I was so good in it.

I later understood all I was doing for her about 4/5 years later and I just Laugh myself off!Can you Imagine what she made me pass through even before my teen years?I was happy doing it anyway because it made me a better student in school and improved both my written and reading skills.
Re: Love Letters by cyriluzo(m): 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2008
I wrote one that landed me in trouble. It was in my JS3. The babe went to show all her friends. The whole show ended up embarrassing me.
Re: Love Letters by Phemzy(m): 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2008
That was then to the adult age, but to the growing kids in secondary school, its still at work, so LOVE LETTERS can never stop because it allow the guys to express their feeling which they find difficult to express in the presence of the lady. Now its texting messaging and phone call that is on the board.

But not to a dating guru like will have to pass through all these bush-sheets.
Re: Love Letters by BRAMZY(m): 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2008
it used to be very sweet, writing love letters men, u've got to stay think lol, it even helped a lot of people in learning how to write letters.
these days phone no allow people again.
well we are in the technology age a.k.a. dot com age so people no longer write love letters again instead write txt msges.
i enjoyed it then.
Re: Love Letters by showbobo(m): 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2008
salopwa:

Holy crap jaylinaa you look so much like this girl i know

which kain horrible photoshop image be this
Re: Love Letters by MrCrackles(m): 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2008
showbobo:

which kain horrible photoshop image be this

savage attack!! grin
Re: Love Letters by ramonacee(f): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2008
grin grin grin
OMG, very sweet!! way back in high school,used to hav this guy, ohh kiss he was just skillful at it,  but , but. sad
i remember this particular one that got me into trouble, u know when we girls gets the letters,you have  to protect the letters well especially if you got those who'd always like to pry, siblings ,parent mom! shocked
But i remember gettin embarassed because of one cry  my mom got hold of one in my school bag, when i didnt know,showed it to my dad, everyone else got to see it shocked shocked shocked shocked
i had to spent the whole day in my room,  shocked haaa i no come out atall  cry cry
never have i been that embarassed in such a long time, lol
Re: Love Letters by rubi(f): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2008
Love letters are good in my opinion I think that was one of the things that held my relationship with my boyfriend then but now my hubby. Most of them are still with me. And being still married we continue with it at least ones in a while we write little love notes not neccessarily a paragragh but one line is enough such little things helps to enhance relationship and makes one feel good about each other.
Re: Love Letters by DrTony1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2008
Guys can U believe dat I neva wrote a single luv letter in my lyf,though I waz a shy guy bk in the dayz.
Re: Love Letters by amaechijay: 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2008
@ Seun

Why won't we break up if something goes wrong along the line?

We were just growing up and our blood was hot.

It was fun thoh, while it lasted wink
Re: Love Letters by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2008
winkDr Tony but why? with all your patients all over the place!
Re: Love Letters by ebyeby: 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2008
Infact I hate writing love letters. Why not come to me and tell me that you love me, look I fought cuz of this just cuz a guy sent me a love letter, he should have approach me so that we can rub minds 2gether and not by writing love letters pls, if he feels he is old enough to have a girl friend while not come and talk to the girl, so whether love letter or no love letter if I love the guy I will go on with him.
Re: Love Letters by ebyeby: 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2008
Which kind pix be this, the pix no even fine sef, hey you girl is like you are advertising/selling yourself are you too old, don't worry.
Re: Love Letters by oluwanife(f): 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2008
love letter bawo quite disgusting!!! but truely i got 1 recently, really funny!!!
Re: Love Letters by serubawon(m): 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2008
I don't know about u guys, but i guess women like to see the vulnerable nature of guys every once in a while. When i was dating my late wife, i used to send her cards about twice a week for about 2 years. After she died and i was going through some of her stuff, I saw these 3 big boxes with ALL the cards i had ever sent her. ABEG, I never knew i had a poetic nature. It was as if i was reading someone else's work and not mine. I dusted everything off and started using them as ideas for guys who want to give ladies a nice card. i never knew it was something i would actually make money from.

I have to be honest, reading those cards almost brought me to tears. Every woman i have shown those cards to has shed tears like a baby. (They didn't even know my late wife). I guess it's a nice way to get the ladies, but i guess i'm a bit old fashioned for that. (Old age don dey enter be dat o).

Hey people, the art of love letters and cards shouldn't die off. It's one of the best ways of communication wink
Re: Love Letters by benbenards(m): 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2008
it used to be fun those days but now it has being replaced by text messages.
Re: Love Letters by shylladear(f): 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2008
ebyeby:

Which kind pix be this, the pix no even fine sef, hey you girl is like you are advertising/selling yourself are you too old, don't worry.

and who told u she was the one that posted the pics?
cant u see that its someone that posted it angry
Re: Love Letters by vislabraye(m): 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2008
Love letters sound funny in these days. It could actually turn one into a laughing stock, You must have good hand writing atleast and perfect diction, But i think its more for humor.
Re: Love Letters by doe82: 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2008
'LOVE LETTER'
Yes I did it!
I ll do it again!and again!! and again!!!

To the ladies,
how do u feel if the guy of ur dreams(a guy u ve admired for a while) slips a'love letter' in ur hands?
turn him down?
tell him he is crazy?
Certainly not
Re: Love Letters by RiffRaff: 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2008
quit talking about how good love letters are. post some that u have recieved or sent in the past and lets see.
anyone?? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Will You Do If Your Fiancé/fiancée Breaks Up With U 2 Marry Your Best F? / Shoprite Wahala With Enugu Girls / Men Cry Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.