Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Love Letters - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Letters (18252 Views)

Poll: Love letters are:

Sweet: 77% (235 votes)
Silly: 22% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Is Sweeter: Love Letters Or Love Sms? / Share Your Secondary School Love Letters. . . / Love Letters To My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Letters by timbabng(m): 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2008
. . . . . . . memories flooding i'm gonna get my pen!!!
Re: Love Letters by Fimmy(m): 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2008
love Letters are silly to me,its kind of childish
Re: Love Letters by chikibaybi(f): 12:25am On Sep 16, 2008
At 25yrs, my BF still sends some to me, and I LOVE it.
Re: Love Letters by topup: 1:24am On Sep 16, 2008
Technology has taken away the romance! ! !

I haven't ever received a love letter, but I have received love confessions in email, and definitely over messenger.
I want a love letter sad
Re: Love Letters by bigboyslim(m): 1:50am On Sep 16, 2008
topup:

I haven't ever received a love letter, but I have received love confessions in email, and definitely over messenger.
I want a love letter sad

I think its time to sing

AAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOO i'm tired of using technology, i need you right here next to me.
Re: Love Letters by jgirl3: 2:05am On Sep 16, 2008
Love letters are so romantic and yeah, technology has taken it away because now, guys just google and get rubbish pick up lines.
Girls have become more materialistic and money speaks louder than love letters.
Re: Love Letters by boogiewon: 10:43am On Sep 16, 2008
i think love letters are like 18th century, i mean they are old fashion.
as for me i dont like luv letters, but most girls consider it as a precious thing.
love letters "hell nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
Re: Love Letters by dyabman(m): 10:50am On Sep 16, 2008
topup:

I want a love letter sad

should i write you one ?
Re: Love Letters by akiro(m): 12:24pm On Sep 16, 2008
Yeah, good old days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still have a bag load of this letters at home. I mean strongly worded love letters, that could soften even the most hardened heart.
I wrote so many, i mean, it was so much fun. You get especially thrilled when it is replied. It increases the tempo of the relationship and pushes it
to the next level.
With the advent of text messages, e-mails and what have you, love letter writing has been relegated to the background giving room to half-hearted, sex starved, HIV prone individuals that don't have the slightest patience to read, even their own books talkless of love letters.
I wish those days could be relived. I still write with so much relish to those deserving though, of such worthy writings.
Re: Love Letters by agwoko: 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2008
@ jaylina

I really fancy ur world.
Re: Love Letters by Decco: 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2008
wink ;DThe world would really be a boring place if humans did not express themselves beyond words. Truth is, we more readily express ourselves in the written word and communication is key in our daily pursuit of purpose. Granted, love letters are mostly written by the younger demographic but show me someone who did not indulge in the least in this enterprise and i'll show u the person who's still searching for himself (herself) cool. As much as is possible, lets accept that love letters are a very important ingredient in spicing up our lives. Even the words in the odd birthday card are sufficient to brighten up our day. cheers grin
Re: Love Letters by citizenY(m): 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin You are the only sugar in my tea; the only mosquito in my net;
if all the trees in the world were trees and all the rivers in the world were ink, i will never stop writing this missive

Na waoh, Am not sure the post office is still existing, at least not in these days of gsm,text and emails,

Today we use the internet, yahoo messenger and text messages,

I still remember those days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Love Letters by NobleOnye(f): 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2008
love letter ke! i have never been a fan of letters!.not to mention expressing my love for someone in one! grin
Re: Love Letters by MiamiNBF: 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2008
I do not fancy love letter, Since we have another way of communicate by phone,e-mail,
Re: Love Letters by stchuksie(m): 5:05am On Sep 17, 2008
The desire to express ourselves is manifest in every one of us but the power to do so is where the problem lies. Putting ink to paper lets you pour out your thoughts without inhibitions and it is a great stress reliever for the writer and the reciever. It also helps one in becoming versatile in writing and oral communication. Someone like Nella, i believe, is yet to recieve a love letter and so wants to be promoted to the rank of grandmistress of the spinster hood club. I suggest someone writes her one, real soon.
Re: Love Letters by kingsikaz(m): 9:42am On Sep 17, 2008
it might seems traditional but i think writing a brief composition of love sud be encourage amongst married couple 2 ensure continuity and stability of their love!
Re: Love Letters by kingsikaz(m): 9:50am On Sep 17, 2008
gone are dos days 4 primitive write ups, may it's a bomb letter grin
Re: Love Letters by nairaman01(m): 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2008
Love letters where the in thing in those days, But in this days of information Technology, emails and sms is now the other of the day. I used to enjoy love letters from my girl friend then in Secondary cos it really gives u a sort of joy when u read thru those beautiful expressions u can't get directly from her.
Re: Love Letters by Gamine(f): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2008
Never really recieved any undecided

I dont keep things like this anyways

cards , cute notes n poems are all part of the earth now.
Re: Love Letters by shylladear(f): 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2008
Gamine:

Never really recieved any undecided

I don't keep things like this anyways

cards , cute notes n poems are all part of the earth now.

is that so hmmm wink
Re: Love Letters by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2008
i really cant 4get d 1st tym i recieved a love letter from a gal. it was shocking but i liked her for it
Re: Love Letters by plawson(m): 8:32pm On Sep 18, 2008
y'know this love letter thing is really funny.
i remenber those good old days when we
do write to girls and how we'll wait anxiously
for a reply-it may come or not or even delay.

But i do remenber the smart one, when you
write to a girl in church, you just throw the
letter overheads and she picks it and write
some back, then you reply -OK! make it 12pm.
Re: Love Letters by kristkrest(m): 10:36am On Sep 19, 2008
there sure was a time when Alli Baba will probably send a message to Peter Pan with a bow and arrow grin
now u can do just that by depressing the keys on a micro device that has a big eyes we call screen cool
perhaps Romeo would prefer to throw stones at Juliet's window if he was in ths age undecided
well whatever you have to say to make him/her warm up to you is definitely not outside the domain of love wink
so what ever medium you chose to send the message dude/shawty, just be assured it's message sent smiley
to bad you don't need a delivery report especially when you have to be a 'Jonah' and travel with your message in a WHALES tommy cheesy
anyhow my brother/sister, luv letter is cool jo!
Re: Love Letters by prettyuc: 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2008
Yes, i don't think love letters exist again
Re: Love Letters by FactorChic(f): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2008
Love letters were fun to me. Actually, they were more like comedy. I'D gather my other friends and we'D all ready together and make fun of the writer especially the ones with bad English.

I kept a few of them, it's kind of nice to go back and read them.

The funniest one is when a guy tries so hard to be romantic but he can't pull it off, then he picks up his bible and write everything in the Songs of Solomon, word for word. shocked shocked

I don't know if any of y'all ever got a letter written from the Songs of Solomon, I did and it was funny!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Love Letters by larrykate: 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2008
baba info.kindly help m,i need materia 4 my project;topic;CDMA network 4 rural communication.CDMA2000/450
send it 2ru my e-mail?larryismine2003@yahoo.com
Re: Love Letters by hmoe328: 9:49pm On Sep 19, 2008
Love letters are old fashioned but very efffective, you have time to really think and express yourself to that person without being nervous or interrupted, and they are lasting because the person can read it more than once, and if you do it right, they will re read it. I'm an avid letter writer and people tend to appreciate them.
Re: Love Letters by Agbon21: 10:17pm On Sep 19, 2008
When I was still dating my wife we lived 2 hours away from each other and she sent the first one. I never thought to write one since we didn't live too far away, why should waste paper?  wink Anyway, I was going through a lot at the time and I missed her and I could not go see her due to the weather. I looked in my mailbox late that day and found a pink envelope from her. it was motivational, heartwarming,  well you get the point grin.  It was one of the first true time in the prime of our relationship that she truly made me feel needed and wanted from her. As a man, it makes you want to provide better and love better. I think that love letters remind you of intimacy and that marriage or relationships is not all about sex and such. Don't say it is a waste of time until you try it. One must be creative in your relationship or it will crumble and it is a good way.It will ignite a fire in you that you could never imagine.
Re: Love Letters by markolini(m): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2008
love letters i never 4 once wrote one, i got quite a few though but i juss read em n smile, don't reply em, cos i feel the feelings they portray are FAKE which in most cases they are,
i prefer the one on one conversing style, when the gurl looks in ur eyes n sees the words are comin 4rm deep within u, most o these feelins are fake too, but they are more convincing, nywayz,

but y are all d gurls here keepin their letters in a box, or is the "letter in a box" another female conversing lie, haaaa, na God go help us n deliver us from this age long tradition of deception letters n wat not,
Re: Love Letters by BigJakie: 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2008
Love, Love , Love!!! Well, I dont really know much, But i think love letters suck. Its better a courageous confrontation. Yeah, Thats me. Big Jakie
Re: Love Letters by dotma: 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2008
watagoan
Re: Love Letters by freggie: 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2008
[color=#770077][/color]i think love letters ar cool.wen i was in sec schl i kept all of em in a heart shaped purse,and i still ave em.d only thing is dat i hate spelling or grammar mistakes dey suck. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reasons Why Many Nigerian Women Look Unattractive To Men / Guys What Do You Think About Tall Ladies / When She Just Wants To Be Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.