Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Are You Man Enough For Bromance? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Man Enough For Bromance? (14338 Views)

When You Caught You Man With Your Friend,but Deciding The Head To Break First / You Are Not Man Enough - Ladies Only / Are You Man Enuff? Can You Date This Chic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 12:06am On Aug 31, 2008
Ihuoma85:

So the bottom line is that bromance is the same as male bestfriends?

Yep! Bromance is the celebration of the little known fact that two heterosexual men, who are the bestest of best buds, can in fact experience 'Guy Love.'
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 31, 2008
shit!
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 12:17am On Aug 31, 2008
tpia:

You're coming across as being very sensitive on behalf of the gay cause. I don't know if its intentional or not.

ok, now just like it would not be considered abnormal in the west for a parent to warn their kids about talking to strangers, or avoiding unknown characters just to be on the safe side, why are people being attacked for showing caution regarding gay mannerisms? Two kids falling on top of each other, is no reason to panic, agreed (maybe). But there's no reason to criticize parents who are concerned about their children's exposure. You don't know what they've seen or heard.

The fact that handholding and the like, used to have no gay connotation, doesnt mean men have to jump up and start holding hands singing kumbaya or the YMCA song just to prove they're cool with it. If it didnt have a gay meaning back then, or in Nigeria, doesnt mean it can't have one today, or in the west.

Not every man feels the need to hold hands with other men.

Let me put it this way: more often than not in the west, its the openly gay people you see holding hands everywhere. This holding of hands is often accompanied by other gay stuff. How's that for imprint.

So if people see this, then why blame them for associating it with the gay lifestyle- its what the gays themselves use to express their affection for each other.

So I understand this right, you are calling for a Hetro ban on everything that might be associated with gay lifestyle. Hmmm, yeah okay. . . good luck with that.

Again with this hand holding turning someone gay? Are you joking with this? Jeebus!!!
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 12:17am On Aug 31, 2008
olrotimi:

shit!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 31, 2008
Sisiki, ewo tun ni bromance?
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 12:19am On Aug 31, 2008
KarmaMod:

What do you consider their friendship to be?

Even Carla gets jealous of it.

Speaking of. . . watch this scene, I crack up everytime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTGv8xTByio&feature=related
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 12:21am On Aug 31, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Sisiki, ewo tun ni bromance?

Bwahaha! The wonderful ife between Okunrin meji without a hint of gay ni nu e. grin
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by KarmaMod(f): 12:29am On Aug 31, 2008
Sisikill:

Speaking of. . . watch this scene, I crack up everytime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTGv8xTByio&feature=related

Lmao. I love those two. They are so ridiculous. It's grand.

Apparently they're best frinds in real life, wonder if they're this extreme. Rofl grin
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 31, 2008
Sisikill:

Bwahaha! The wonderful ife between Okunrin meji without a hint of gay ni nu e. grin
That's possible? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Hannibal: 12:32am On Aug 31, 2008
Man enough for what
What kinda romance exists between 2 geezers??
This is FUBAR!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 12:33am On Aug 31, 2008
KarmaMod:

Lmao. I love those two. They are so ridiculous. It's grand.

Apparently they're best frinds in real life, wonder if they're this extreme. Rofl  grin

I know!!! They are the best and finding out there were best friend in real life just makes it cuter. I think it's because of their real life friendship, they are able to play their guy love very well. Did you see the Punk"d Episode? Oh my God! I almost died laughing!!  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 12:36am On Aug 31, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

That's possible? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Lmao! Very possible, kwa!

Hannibal:

Man enough for what
What kind of romance exists between 2 geezers??
This is FUBAR!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

Rotflmao! I have been waiting for you all day. I know if there's one person who will be receptive to this, it's you. You know why? I'll tell you. . . because you are very very secure in you manhood and I am not joking.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Hannibal: 12:42am On Aug 31, 2008
Sisikill:

Rotflmao! I have been waiting for you all day. I know if there's one person who will be receptive to this, it's you. You know why? I'll tell you. . . because you are very very secure in you manhood and I am not joking.

Seriously, in this new world of ours, it's highly impossible.
Gosh. . . . .there are more than a billion chics waiting in line for a date and all one can think of is this bromance schitzo.
Are u aware 2 men walking together too close are presumed to be GAY??
Blimey, i wouldn't want some aggressive zealots shank me on the streets of London with the assumption i am a gay!!!!
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by tpia: 12:42am On Aug 31, 2008
Sisikill:

So I understand this right, you are calling for a Hetro ban on everything that might be associated with gay lifestyle. Hmmm, yeah okay. . . good luck with that.

Again with this hand holding turning someone gay? Are you joking with this? Jeebus!!!

You're actually making a mountain out of a molehill by getting people uneccessarily sensitized to all this stuff.

Not to mention, no, you don't understand this right.

I'm assuming the thread is tongue in cheek. cheesy
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 31, 2008
Sisikill, bawo lo se possible?
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by KarmaMod(f): 12:47am On Aug 31, 2008
which Punk'd episode?
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Hannibal: 12:56am On Aug 31, 2008
tpia:

You're actually making a mountain out of a molehill by getting people uneccessarily sensitized to all this stuff.

Sisikill should be taken to the market square, tied to a post and flogged mercilessly for this BROMANCE kizzack!!
Bromance is a great word though but the concept behind it is FUBAR.
Who would i rather choose?? A date with a curvy Naija babe or a geezer with freckled nose, acne and unshaved??
I'd choose the babe 365 days of the year.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 1:34am On Aug 31, 2008
Hannibal:

Seriously, in this new world of ours, it's highly impossible.
Gosh. . . . .there are more than a billion chics waiting in line for a date and all one can think of is this bromance schitzo.
Are u aware 2 men walking together too close are presumed to be GAY??
Blimey, i wouldn't want some aggressive zealots shank me on the streets of London with the assumption i am a gay!!!!

Now that is the saddest thing!  cry

Aren't you guys tired of walking on eggshells?

tpia:

Actually this is one of the very few times I mean everything I've written on Nairaland. I don't see how I'm making a moutain out of a molehill, last I checked I wasn't the one calling a ban on something as non-threatening as hand holding between guys because it might be "seen as gay"

Ruby_Pearl:

Sisikill, bawo lo se possible?

Ti abaa clear mind wa of ishekushe thoughts and stop reading meaning si gestures kekere ti koto nko. Ewo ni ki okurin meji maa le rin poo loju titi? undecided

Hannibal:

Sisikill should be taken to the market square, tied to a post and flogged mercilessly for this BROMANCE kizzack!!
Bromance is a great word though but the concept behind it is FUBAR.
Who would i rather choose?? A date with a curvy Naija babe or a geezer with freckled nose, acne and unshaved??
I'D choose the babe 365 days of the year.

Oh la la Spanking! Me likey me likey but that's not what we are talking about rigt now, save the S & M with me for when you are willing to embrace bromance wink

Dude nobody is saying you can't go out with girls, what bromamce calls for is an openess with other guys that will stop you from being jittery and near panic when you find yourself alone with members of your own sex without the buffer of sports or whatever else y'all use to prove you are macho men.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 1:36am On Aug 31, 2008
KarmaMod:

which Punk'D episode?

Are you serious, you didn't see it. . . the one where Donald set Zach up to be punked? Ohhh, let me see if I can find it on youtube.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Hannibal: 1:54am On Aug 31, 2008
Sisikill:

Oh la la Spanking! Me likey me likey but that's not what we are talking about rigt now, save the S & M with me for when you are willing to embrace bromance wink

Dude nobody is saying you can't go out with girls, what bromamce calls for is an openess with other guys that will stop you from being jittery and near panic when you find yourself alone with members of your own sex without the buffer of sports or whatever else y'all use to prove you are macho men.

The world is screwed up right now for peops to see this as HARMLESS.

Of course, i hang out with ma geezers to play video games, meet up in bars/pubs and wherever things can be cracked.
This is way different from 2 guys going to a restaurant, light up a candle, exchange cards and feed each other.
Sis, that is drifting towards the neighbourhood of HETEROPHOBIA. cheesy grin
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 2:09am On Aug 31, 2008
@ topic

This is weird. Also, the insinuation that girls do all these mushy stuff is weird too. undecided
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Hannibal: 2:11am On Aug 31, 2008
Weird??
It seems we are back to the days of Sodom n Gomorrah. tongue
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 31, 2008
Naa we are very much in the 21st century. The word Bromance is annoying undecided
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by onyinye2(f): 2:13am On Aug 31, 2008
stillwater:

@ topic

This is weird. Also, the insuation that girls do all these mushy stuff is weird too. undecided
Yeah im still trying to understand when did we females start handling each other, cry when we see our friends crying, sit on each other's laps, etc. I don't know when and where this stereotype started.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Hannibal: 2:16am On Aug 31, 2008
stillwater:

Naa we are very much in the 21st century. The word Bromance is annoying undecided

Bromance as a word is great. . . . . .Brother romance. cheesy grin
In the 60s, it would wash but in these days of HOMO IN UR FACE?? No way!!!
Let ma buddy dine alone. . . . . .I'd rather dine with a dog than a dude. angry angry
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 2:20am On Aug 31, 2008
onyinye2:

Yeah im still trying to understand when did we females start handling each other, cry when we see our friends crying, sit on each other's laps, etc. I don't know when and where this stereotype started.

Me too. I wonder where it came from.

Hannibal:

Bromance as a word is great. . . . . .Brother romance. cheesy grin
In the 60s, it would wash but in these days of HOMO IN UR FACE?? No way!!!
Let ma buddy dine alone. . . . . .I'D rather dine with a dog than a dude. angry angry

"Brother romance" makes it more annoying. undecided What's that? I don't see anything bad in guys being bffs tongue but to the extremes of dating and reciting endless I love yous, naaaa lipsrsealed
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Hannibal: 2:24am On Aug 31, 2008
stillwater:

"Brother romance" makes it more annoying. undecided What's that? I don't see anything bad in guys being bffs tongue but to the extremes of dating and reciting endless I love yous, naaaa lipsrsealed

"I love you"?? ?? I didn't see that part.
I just saw the topic and posted. . . . . .
So Sisikill included "i love u" in the shebang?? . . . . . .Seriously, Sisikill should be locked up. grin cheesy
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 31, 2008
Hannibal:

"I love you"?? ?? I didn't see that part.
I just saw the topic and posted. . . . . .
So Sisikill included "i love u" in the shebang?? . . . . . .Seriously, Sisikill should be locked up. grin cheesy

Naa, she's fun. cheesy
Would you say I love you to your buddy? lipsrsealed
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Hannibal: 2:35am On Aug 31, 2008
I won't even say it to ma sisters. LOVE?? angry angry angry angry
Why would i say such to ma buddy. . . . . 90% of em are Caucasians so they won't take such lightly.
I won't let this matter rest until u lock Sisikill up. tongue
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 31, 2008
You can't say I love you to your sisters?
And when did I become a warder?
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Hannibal: 2:45am On Aug 31, 2008
Nah. . . . .I don't say such to ma siblings.

A warder?? Negative!!!!
I thunk u are a Prison governor.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 31, 2008
Because you govern prisons, you think I'm like you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chaii Which Kind Breast Is This Abeg / Should A Man Live In A House Built By His In-law? / I Hate Nigerian Girls In North America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.