Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Are You Man Enough For Bromance? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Man Enough For Bromance? (14343 Views)

When You Caught You Man With Your Friend,but Deciding The Head To Break First / You Are Not Man Enough - Ladies Only / Are You Man Enuff? Can You Date This Chic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2008
oziomatv:

There's one thing you've to get clear, our custom is so closed that some free life being applied in certain places may turn as a taboo, which at last cause most of the youths acting primitively when accidently mixed to other youths from western world.
    I remember back those days of secondary school we used to hold hand in hand with male friends but in western world it's only Gays do practice them.

Are the people who held hands in Nigeria gay now?
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by oziomatv(m): 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2008
Sisikill:

Are the people who held hands in Nigeria gay now?
          Some maybe hidding under the pretence of being best pally, but I can see nothing wrong in being Gay except his choice is effecting my freedom which I'm yet to notice. But humanbeing are made to live their life and being real is the act of being who you're.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by eldee(m): 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2008
onyinye2:

You see people think women's self esteem is easy to down pour on but actually it is men. That is why they do things for "Street Cred"

I have to agree with you on that
But the difference is that men tend to bounce back in nanoseconds from anything that hurt their self esteem
That's where the streetcred comes in . . . while women are busy crying after breakups, we're there thinking of the next step
We bounce back before we ourselves know our pride has been hurt, sometimes more on the offensive than expected
And is that not what mental stability is all about??

@Sisikill
I'm still asking, Jack Bauer and Tony Almeida Vs JD and Elliot
It's funny, the only place I see your 'mentally mature' man is that half-gay dude on girlfriends

Our own 'I love you' is a pat on the back and 'Dude u're the best'
What's the one of looking into each other's eyes??

20 years ago it woulda been alright, but this is the 21st century where priests are turning gay
It's no more safe jare

@lexicon
You don't get me do you??
I'm just helping a friend by telling her the truth
How did I know?? can't you just check her profile pic??
What's this cross examination sef or are you trying to bromance me cheesy
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2008
oziomatv:

Some maybe hidding under the pretence of being best pally, but I can see nothing wrong in being Gay except his choice is effecting my freedom which I'm yet to notice. But humanbeing are made to live their life and being real is the act of being who you're.

Bromance is about being who you are instead of conforming to what society wants.

Society says two guys can't walk together, go out to dinner together, go watch a movie together or let their guard slip because it might kinda, sorta look a little gay and what do they do? They say "Yes, society. Whatever you say Society" and then obey to the point of paranoia. . . they walk 10 feet apart, go ballistic if a guy mistakenly touches them, sit on opposite ends of the theater and bury their feelings under blocks of stupid machismo. How then do we expect them to be emotionally receptive in other areas of their lives coz I tell ya, once you shut that thing off for one thing, you shut it off for all and who suffers the brunt of it? Women!

It is WRONG I tells ya! Wrong! grin
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2008
eldee:

I have to agree with you on that
But the difference is that men tend to bounce back in nanoseconds from anything that hurt their self esteem
That's where the streetcred comes in . . . while women are busy crying after breakups, we're there thinking of the next step
We bounce back before we ourselves know our pride has been hurt, sometimes more on the offensive than expected
And is that not what mental stability is all about??

@Sisikill
I'm still asking, Jack Bauer and Tony Almeida Vs JD and Elliot
It's funny, the only place I see your 'mentally mature' man is that half-gay dude on girlfriends

Our own 'I love you' is a pat on the back and 'Dude u're the best'
What's the one of looking into each other's eyes??

20 years ago it woulda been alright, but this is the 21st century where priests are turning gay
It's no more safe jare

Bounce back kini? You don't bounce back. . . you bury it and take it out on the next girl. Puh-lease don't even try to go there. I am not saying dreamily gaze into each other's eyes I swear, where do you guys get that from, I am saying don't be too paranoid about your man to man relationship.

Are you also opposed to male and female relationship abi what is JD and Elliot's own in this matter now? 

Tee hee hee, I know you mean JD and Turk but I'm not about to let that. . . freudian slip slide
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by oziomatv(m): 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2008
@sisikill
I would have love your teaching to be the other way round(i.e., teaching men how to treat women)
Our naija men are scoring zero in world's chart on romance, just take a look of certain thread some create here.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by TheSly: 4:52pm On Aug 31, 2008
oziomatv:

@sisikill
I would have love your teaching to be the other way round(i.e., teaching men how to treat women)
Our naija men are scoring zero in world's chart on romance, just take a look of certain thread some create here.
You used some threads created by some flipping teenagers as a template to judge the whole Nigerian men. . . .Fantastic.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by oziomatv(m): 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2008
The Sly:

You used some threads created by some flipping teenagers as a template to judge the whole Nigerian men. . . .Fantastic.

Mr SLY long time no jam, where have you been?

Back to topic, But they're the ones tha make majority here I guess.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2008
oziomatv:

@sisikill

Oh my God! You make me wanna cry. . . seriously, that's the exact point of this whole thing. Once men learn how to treat each other right, the rest will come easy. What do women complain most about. . .

1) Their guy not respecting them enough
2) Being inconsiderate
3) Being taken for granted.
4) Emotionally closed of partners
5) Indifference
6) Physical abuse

When a guy treats his girl in a shabby manner. . .  majority of the time consciously or unconsciously he is doing it because he does not want to be seen as a wuss or an emotional softie by others, especially his fellow guys. Remember all the times you made fun of a friend calling him whipped because he dared to show his feelings for his girl? What do you think happens? He shuts off and tries to be as unwhipped as possible.

Now if you guys learn to be emotional softies with each other, the fear of being laughed at or mocked disappears and from there on everything will be on point.

It's simple.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2008
The Sly:

Yipeeeee! Look who is here. . . My Mr. Almost Perfect!!!! kiss How are you doing this fine morning, mah darlin'? Feel free to say your answer in words instead of that macho grunt y'all like to use to show how hard you are. grin
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by oziomatv(m): 5:13pm On Aug 31, 2008
I was just watching a naija couples the other day at the Airport when the husband sees the wife off, to give her a hug is like he's giving a leprosy man a hug, it lasted just 2 seconds and the man is just rushing to leave, I just asked myself bros your wife body dey chuck? but watch others how they'll spend some time with the wife before she board flight.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by oziomatv(m): 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2008
Sisikill:

Yipeeeee! Look who is here. . . My Mr. Almost Perfect!!!! kiss How are you doing this fine morning, mah darlin'? Feel free to say your answer in words instead of that macho grunt y'all like to use to show how hard you are. grin
      Leave Sly he's now a pastor preaching the word of love.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by TheSly: 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2008
oziomatv:

Mr SLY long time no jam, where have you been?

Back to topic, But they're the ones tha make majority here I guess.
I dey oh! grin
Dem tell me say u go inside moon. . . . . True that? cheesy

Sisikill:

Ok Ma'am. . . . .Im very fine and i hope you are too. cool

There are loada romantic Nigerian men out there. . . . . cool
But there is a Lil twist to it. . . . . . We are 1 in a billion. . . . . 2 in a trillion.
We don't do bromance and we are not in anyway easy to get. . . . . . Its that simple. cool
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 5:20pm On Aug 31, 2008
oziomatv:

I was just watching a naija couples the other day at the Airport when the husband sees the wife off, to give her a hug is like he's giving a leprosy man a hug, it lasted just 2 seconds and the man is just rushing to leave, I just asked myself bros your wife body dey chuck? but watch others how they'll spend some time with the wife before she board flight.

You make me Happy!  smiley

Let's be honest here, why do you think he was like that? Please don't say it's because we are not used to hugging in Nigeria coz I'm gonna throw the "Oh yeah, we used to hold hands in Nigeria but they learnt not to pretty quickly, so why can't they learn to hug now?" answer back at you.

My own aswer. . .  Most Nigerian guys have problems with PDA because they think it makes them less manly in the eyes of other Nigerian men.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2008
The Sly:

I dey oh!  grin

[b]Ok Ma'am. . . . .I'm very fine and i hope you are too.  [/b]cool

There are loada romantic Nigerian men out there. . . . .  cool
But there is a Lil twist to it. . . . . . We are 1 in a billion. . . . . 2 in a trillion.
[s]We don't do bromance and we are not in anyway easy to get. . . . . . Its that simple[/s]. cool

Full sentence! Be still my beating heart! Oh why must you tease me so? Forget almost perfect, you are PERFECT which is why you're gonna help me change those numbers to something more appealing.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2008
rotflmao!
Sisikill, your little scenario got me cracking up!!
oh gosh.
I don't think you need to tell eldee twice, he's already embracing bromance tongue

speaking of eldee, he's out taking a walk with my neighbors son. They were caught holding hands and skipping around the park, singing "Raindrops on roses"
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by oziomatv(m): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2008
Sisikill:

You make me Happy!  smiley

Let's be honest here, why do you think he was like that? Please don't say it's because we are not used to hugging in Nigeria because I'm going to throw the "Oh yeah, we used to hold hands in Nigeria but they learnt not to pretty quickly, so why can't they learn to hug now?" answer back at you.

My own aswer. . .  Most Nigerian guys have problems with PDA because they think it makes them less manly in the eyes of other Nigerian men.
       I was with a friend the other day having dinner together with a new catch, We haven't finish eating he's planning on going home with the girl calling the waiter for the bill, I just rushed him to let him understand that we're not in mama put joint besides the girl is not one of the grandnut sellers, he need to spend more time after before rushing for bed side action. then he boldly asked me what else are we going to discuss here?
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Pataki: 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2008
Bromance = Brotherly romance

What a delusional world I live in. undecided
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by oziomatv(m): 5:41pm On Aug 31, 2008
Pataki:

Pastor sunday school is about to start.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Pataki: 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2008
oziomatv:

Pastor sunday school is about to start.
I have been noticing your attention seeking ways all the while. . . .

Is your tv not working? undecided
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2008
oziomatv:

I was with a friend the other day having dinner together with a new catch, We haven't finish eating he's planning on going home with the girl calling the waiter for the bill, I just rushed him to let him understand that we're not in mama put joint besides the girl is not one of the grandnut sellers, he need to spend more time after before rushing for bed side action. then he boldly asked me what else are we going to discuss here?

Lol. This is hilarious. cheesy
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by oziomatv(m): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2008
Pataki:

I have been noticing your attention seeking ways all the while. . . .

Is your tv not working? undecided
  No, they stole it last night. so I came here to ease the tension only to meet a pastor in my romance section.
  You're welcome on board sir, we don't discriminate here.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by oziomatv(m): 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2008
@ stillwater
how come you made 4119 post?
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Pataki: 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2008
oziomatv:

No, they stole it last night. so I came here to ease the tension only to meet a pastor in my romance section.
  You're welcome on board sir, we don't discriminate here.
Whatever you trying to say, I am not interested. Kapish?
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by oziomatv(m): 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2008
Pataki:

Whatever you trying to say, I am not interested. Kapish?
    it's capisci not kapish  that's Italian word for understand?.
But Sir we're not fighting, there is enough room to accomodate all here.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Sisikill: 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

rotflmao!
Sisikill, your little scenario got me cracking up!!
oh gosh.
I don't think you need to tell eldee twice, he's already embracing bromance tongue

speaking of eldee, he's out taking a walk with my neighbors son. They were caught holding hands and skipping around the park, singing "Raindrops on roses"

Ah Ruby, ma ko ba mi now. O se fe fi owo ago seyin bai?  I trying to make these guys understand Bromance isn't gaymance and you are talking about skipping. I suppose I should be grateful it is Rain dropes on Roses you've got them singing not It's raining men, Halleluyah Thank God for small favors

oziomatv:

LMAO! Look how women have suffered. It's not fair oh.

Pataki:

Lol, I see your point. Brotherly Romance is a mouthful No pun intended

okay, what about Guy Love? huh, huh? Nice, right?

Puts a little zing, pow, bam into it, no? grin
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2008
oziomatv:

@ stillwater
how come you made 4119 post?

How do you mean? undecided
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2008
Sisikill:

Ah Ruby, ma ko ba mi now. O se fe fi owo ago seyin bai? I trying to make these guys understand Bromance isn't gaymance and you are talking about skipping. I suppose I should be grateful it is Rain drops on Roses you've got them singing not It's raining men, Halleluyah Thank God for small favors
rotflmao!
you dey crase.

So what was eldee doing when he was holding hands and skipping with him? If it's not bromance? lipsrsealed tongue I'm prolly going to get bashed for this cry
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Pataki: 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2008
Sisikill:

Lol, I see your point. Brotherly Romance is a mouthful No pun intended

okay, what about Guy Love? huh, huh? Nice, right?

Puts a little zing, pow, bam into it, no? grin
Guy love for a sister? Now you talking right! Nice huh, huh? grin

Puts a little zing, pow, BLIMEY! grin
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Hannibal: 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2008
Sisikill:

Rotflmao! Feeding each other and exchanging cards. . . Is this what you really think this is about? No wonder you guys are so unreceptive to BROMANCE!  cheesy Do me a favor and read the first post, okay?

Heterophobia. . . lmao! You slay me!!!  cheesy  cheesy

Bromance is crap.
Why should anutha geezer make ma hormones run amok??
Where is the sex appeal? grin

Sisikill:

Ah ha! I knew you didn't read it!!! grin

Locked up eh? Hmmm, never tried that kind of bondage but I'm always open to warreva! I've been a baaaad girl! Oh la la! kiss

By the way, your predilection towards kinky stuff gives me hope. It's only a matter of time. . . just a matter of time. grin

Sisi, i would never ditch a girl for a man on a date. . . . . . .It just can't happen.
Ma buddies wouldn't even let it happen. . . . . .Ditch a gurl for em?? They would have me slaughtered for that.

I just cannot picture any man the way i would process a gurl mentally.
All those curves, hour-glass shape and the voluptuous chesticles?? Are u shitting me??

Cheese n Rice!!!! I still believe u should be locked up. Forget S & M now. . . . I am talking maximum security prison for conceiving this idea.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2008
@Sisikill
It seems to me that you've been contracted to promote Bromance. More powder to your face.

Nigerian men will be the last on earth to embrace bromance. I hope you don't take this the wrong way (I know you're intelligent enough not to), but I suggest you spend transfer the time you spend on this thread to the Literature board. You're really good there, you know!

Even people who are man enough won't give it a try.
1. I might become gay.
2. They'll think I'm gay. Maria bi Jesu.

NIGERIAN MEN, WE'RE A LOST CAUSE.
Re: Are You Man Enough For Bromance? by NegroNtns(m): 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2008
Lexicon and Sisikill walking in a garden

Lexicon - It is a shame eldee can't express his feelings in a better way.

Sisikill - I suppose he's hesistant because he is does not want to come off as a softee in front of all the other guys.

Lexicon - Yeah, If only there was a way to correct that, make him more open and make other guys more receptive to a man's mushiness. Oh if only! if only!

Sisikill stops and grabs Lexicon by the arm

Sisikill - I know! Bromance!

Lexicon - Bromance?

Sisikill - That's right Bromance! Bromance is the first step to a new and improved man.

Lexicon - Interesting! Tell me more.

Sisikill - Bromance is the process of making guys feel comfortable enough in their skin to be open about their feelings. The first step is to be open with another guy, once that is done, the rest comes easy.

Hannibal comes into the scene, he is holding a football

Hannibal - Surely there is more to it. Some hidden fees, contract. . . kissing, candle light dinners, feeding each other and sending cards?

Sisikill - Nope, nope no hidding fees, no kissing or candle lit dinners. Just two guys being friends.

Hannibal - Wow! This is incredible!

Lexicon - Far out! I can't wait to tell all my friends about Bromance.

Sisikill - Don't forget Eldee.

Hannibal & Lexicon - Thanks Sisikill!

Sisikill - No problem guys, I'm always here to help out.

Voice over

Bromance. . . a man's path to emotional growth!

For a first step of the seven-step program, YEP! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

So They Have A Strippers Club In Sapele In Delta State?...see 18+ Only Photos / What Attracted You To Your Present Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? / Safer To Marry: Virgin Or Disvirgined?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.