Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? (9016 Views)

Does Marriage Destroy Friendship?: Vote / What Does Marriage Means To You? / Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by GucciBabe(f): 3:17am On Sep 21, 2008
for us yet to marry, tell us more from the difference between being single and getting married, how has it changed you personally? good or bad? any lessons? if you can have it another way, would you want to get married or you regret it?
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by rampagain: 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2008
forsaking so many things just because u now have another life to take care off

it used to be one life(that is u) but when u is married it bcomes two lives
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by dyabman(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2008
i feel its alot of changes for both parties but i dont have any experience
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by ima1(f): 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2008
you have to compromise alot, especially women we have to let alot of things go because if you keep it in, it will weigh you down and piss you off more.
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by chessguru(m): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2008
' post
am not married yet, but i think marriage brings about acceptance of resposibilities,

i think therefore am single.
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by tRoOE(f): 10:31pm On Sep 21, 2008
[size=13pt]Compromise Compromise Compromise
Have to learn how to over look things/issues
[/size]
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by chika98: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2008
See how everyone is throwing out Compromise like it is easy to do. That IS the hard part. To compromise COMPLETELY.
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by MissyB1(m): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2008
It's not been easy but God has been faithful cheesy
Alotta time and effort has been and is still being put into it
to ensure its intact.In summary. . . . I'm lovin' it. cheesy
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Queenisha1: 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2008
Gucci_Babe:

for us yet to marry, tell us more from the difference between being single and getting married, how has it changed you personally? good or bad? any lessons? if you can have it another way, would you want to get married or you regret it?

For me, I married my soul mate
a man who loves the Lord, loves me and would give his life for me
I married at the prime of my life  so I don't really know what it means to be single and live on my own.
I married a man who lets me be me cool and  the big change is me realising that my decisions affect him and our family
I've always been a homebody so marriage suits me well.
What I like best about being married[b] to the one I'm married to ([/b]who by the way, is a very intelligent man) is knowing that when I pick up the phone and call wherever he is, he'll drop everything and give me the attention required.
That's why I get mad when I see all the generalizations on Nairaland about Nigerian men.
There are still many good men out there and I have one of them nightly on my bed wink
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by tope2000(f): 10:53pm On Sep 21, 2008
u are so lucky kiss
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2008
_Queenisha:

I married at the prime of my life so I don't really know what it means to be single and live on my own.
I married a man who lets me be me cool and the big change is me realising that my decisions affect him and our family
What I like best about being married[b] to the one I'm married to ([/b]who by the way, is a very intelligent man) is knowing that when I pick up the phone and call wherever he is, he'll drop everything and give me the attention required.
That's why I get mad when I see all the generalizations on Nairaland about Nigerian men.
There are still many good men out there and I have one of them nightly on my bed wink

True talk.
[s]Just wished experience had not made me so bitter. . . .NVM[/s]
This is the 1st and last time I'd admit that

tRoOE:

[size=13pt]Compromise Compromise Compromise
Have to learn how to over look things/issues
[/size]
true that

Missy B:

It's not been easy but God has been faithful cheesy
Alotta time and effort has been and is still being put into it
to ensure its intact.In summary. . . . I'm lovin' it. cheesy
Married ko
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by onyinye2(f): 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2008
_Queenisha:

I married at the prime of my life  so I don't really know what it means to be single and live on my own.
I married a man who lets me be me cool and  the big change is me realising that my decisions affect him and our family
Nwoke bu onye Igbo abi?
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Queenisha1: 11:05pm On Sep 21, 2008
Gucci_Babe:

adjustments after marriage

1. I had to learn how to cook unlike when I was single, I could eat bread and coke for dinner lipsrsealed

2. I had to learn what it means to make a man happy.Besides good Ukazi soup, a man wants to feel respected and to know that he's in charge of his home.

3. I had to learn not to make decisions about us on my own like inviting my friends over for a chitty chat session. Had my share of mistakes in the beginning till I realised that it's not "I" but "we".

4. I had to learn that whereas women need security and emotional fulfillment from the husband, the husband needs respect,sex,sex and more sex lipsrsealed.

5. I had to learn that the fastest way to get a man on "lockdown" is loving his mother with all your heart and never speaking ill of her.She'll always be the greatest woman on earth to him and he expects his wife to hold her to that esteem.

6. I had to learn to be patient in all things especially with his obsession of CNN, The sports channel.
Thank God I found nairaland just before my patience ran out. smiley grin
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by MissyB1(m): 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Married ko
What's your problem?
Aren't we married?
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Queenisha1: 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2008
onyinye2:

Nwoke bu onye Igbo abi?

e he now!
tiger si na abia state grin
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2008
Missy B:

What's your problem?
Aren't we married?
Woman!

[s]Oya, let's not derail this topic, we have a lot to learn tongue[/s]
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Queenisha1: 11:10pm On Sep 21, 2008
This is your time all these young maidens.
ask me questions
and I'll be happy to share.
I'll also tell you of mistates I made that you shouldn't
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by onyinye2(f): 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2008
_Queenisha:

e he now!
tiger si na abia state grin
Awww. . . . . mayne. Gini bu unu niile na these Abia State men? Gosh, I hope Jenny aint around. Anyways. . . . Nne si na Abia State. cool

Also, I really don't think a gam amuta to be that kind of wife lipsrsealed
Something about submission. . . . scares me to death. lipsrsealed
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by rampagain: 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2008
osisi so ooo onye abia u marry? grin

onyinye im around ooooo,my house dey boring,soo mu no nu'no
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Queenisha1: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2008
yes o.
I grabbed an Abia man
abi Abia man grabbed me
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2008
_Queenisha:

This is your time all these young maidens.
ask me questions
and I'll be happy to share.
I'll also tell you of mistates I made that you shouldn't
Is it recommended to have kids right after marriage?

What say you, when your husband changes? What do you do when you cannot trust him anymore?
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by chika98: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2008
Queenisha: Tell us about married life. What you do to make it work.
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by onyinye2(f): 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2008
rampagain:

osisi so ooo onye abia u marry? grin
onyinye im around ooooo,my house dey boring,soo mu no nu'no
You Abia staters. . . . geez louise. Ebe ka unu niile esi na Enugu State? cool

Osisi. . . . awotahum kedu isi mee ya undecided I mean submission sounds like something that aint gonna fit me well undecided
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Queenisha1: 11:23pm On Sep 21, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Is it recommended to have kids right after marriage?

I guess it depends on the individuals.
There's an advantage in having your kids early before the age of 30.
The later you you have them,the higher chances of having children with congenital defects.
And moreover we're not in control sometimes of when they come so why not start trying right away.

What say you, when your husband changes? What do you do when you cannot trust him anymore?

what kind of changes,are you talking about?
we all change.
be a little specific dear.
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Hannibal: 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2008
@ Professor Queenisha,

I w'anna get married soon.
Can u tell me the advantages of being a married man?? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
What do i stand to gain cos me thinks marriage is an entrapment for a guy like moi. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by tRoOE(f): 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2008
[size=13pt]osis at what age did you get marry
How many pikin you get tongue
But  on a serious note

Why does women[b] Compromise[/b] more than  men undecidedit been bugging me lately
[/size]
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2008
_Queenisha:

what kind of changes,are you talking about?
we all change.
be a little specific dear.
Like he stops a helping around the house, he starts smoking to ease stress, things like that.
I mean, imagine marrying a man that you can talk to, call at anytime time (where he can be reached), but then he stops picking up calls, doesn't help, and starts being distant
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2008
_Queenisha:

I guess it depends on the individuals.
There's an advantage in having your kids early before the age of 30.
The later you you have them,the higher chances of having children with congenital defects.
And moreover we're not in control sometimes of when they come so why not start trying right away.
True that. My mom had moi around 20-22, which I think was a bit too early.
What happens if my husband wants me to have babies right off, how do I deny? I mean, how can I persuade him to wait later on?
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by onyinye2(f): 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2008
tRoOE:

Why does women Compromise more than  men undecidedit been bugging me lately
Seriously. . . . this is what makes me so apprehensive about marriage.

And about kids. . . . . . . . idk
I wanna enjoy life before i have to have responsibilities towards my own flesh and blood.
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2008
tRoOE:

Why does women[b] Compromise[/b] more than men undecidedit been bugging me lately
[/color][/font][/size]
lol, too late to start thinking that way.

Men are like babies, I guess, you have to be a lil more lenient on them.
Trust me, I'd compromise more often if thats going to make my husband happy.

Right Nwando?

Somehow, I want to read KarmaMod's reply on this topic. Where is she? sad
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Queenisha1: 11:31pm On Sep 21, 2008
onyinye2:

You Abia staters. . . . geez louise. Ebe ka unu niile esi na Enugu State? cool

Osisi. . . . awotahum kedu isi mee ya undecided I mean submission sounds like something that aint going to fit me well :-\

I'm sure you already know I'm not a door mat.
Submission does not mean being brain dead.
My mom says that it takes awhole lot of common sense to stay married.
A marriage will never ever work until the woman realizes that ther's no power tussle going on.
I had to learn that.
The fundamental thing is the kind of man one is married to.
Open your eyes during coursthip and be ready to call it quits at anytime if the man shows any signs of being unreasonable and abusive.
Respect is the key and being  Christian,I sought for a man na atu egwu Chineke (That fears the Lord)
And I have absolutey no problems in submitting to his authority.
A man who loves and respects your opinions is very easy to submit to
Re: What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? by Queenisha1: 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt]osis at what age did you get marry
How many pikin you get tongue
But on a serious note

Why does women[b] Compromise[/b] more than men undecidedit been bugging me lately
[/size]

lipsrsealed
women compromise more than men I guess because men are very different from women.
They have a different need in a relationship than we do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lol Funny Game / Symptoms Of Vaginal Yeast Infection And Possible Remedy / Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.