Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104637 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by hybeenoni: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
I dnt know y these useless delegates frm d south alwys allow themselves 2 be pushed abt by those northern delegates.
Y nt push for decentralizatn of power instead of creatin more states. The north adds almost nothin to Nigeria economically, yet wish to get 18 more useless states. I'm sure if this move will nt favour them, they would hv killed the motion right frm inception. Let's go bk to regional govt for real economic devt, the north refuses. Instead of creatin more states, I think its beta we divide this country

5 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
What of Toru-Ibe state for the Maginalised Ijaws of Ondo and Edo states to be merged with their kiths and kins in Delta state? The Ijaws need another Ijaw speaking Homogenous state as the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
Abeg make una create this state for me also 'kasyn state' abeg! Atleast my papa go become governor, my mama go become im depupty! Nigeria!Nigeria!!Nigeria!!! How many times did i call ya? once again which way?

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by VICTORCIZA(m): 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chino72: Forget their gimmicks, no part of Anambra is interested! Tell your brother's wife to calm down as such thing will not happen! Nobody is taking any part of Anambra out!

ok bro

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by hulkhiharitoz(m): 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
they hav not even created good roads, elctricity in the country.... It is now states they want to create, nt even like 2 states na 18 states!!! I also heard they want to change the name of nigeria to airegin.. [/col[color=#990000]abeg make na click that link for my signature to see what gooin on.or]
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by icedbreez(m): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Where is the Money to fund all these 54 States? You ppl beta wake up sha.....States ll just be like present day Local Govt Areas. I see Bannana Republic if this joke is carried out. Oil wont be there forever.
While you are at it you ppl should not forget to add TORU EBE STATE from present day Bayelsa and Delta States comprising Kolokuma, Sagbama, Patani, Ekeremor and Bomadi LGAs with Headquarters at Sagbama or Patani. After all na we get the oil wey all of una dey put eye creat 18 new states.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Innodon(m): 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
This is the reason why the past and present Anambra state governments refused to develop the Uli campus of Anambra state university. Meanwhile none of the past four governors are frim that side. Ngige, Obi, Etiaba and now Obiano have refused to erect any morw structure on the one Mbadinuju built. meanwhile mbadinuju is from Ihiala LGC which will make up part of the new proposed Njaba/Amin state. This has been on the plans of south eats politicians since 2002. The uli campus is in Ihiala LGA.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by kolaitan(m): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
santakris: The list is not completed without Okun State.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] Okun State, Kabba.
is better they return this list o, because if any state will be created, it shout be OKUN STATE, without OKUN STATE, there is no state creation that will work. Long live Okun people, long live Okun state, Long live Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by xynerise: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
FreeGlobe:
lol at etiti state. Joke of the year grin grin grin grin
Seriously grin. Someone would think I said Ekiti state angry

6 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by championeh(m): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nigeria Geography students in trouble, it would be very difficult to crame! Map of Nigeria don suffer!

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by glowithdan(m): 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by richeso: 3:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
Only 1 state from the south. Asaba. We need one more danmit!
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Aitee1: 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
And where is our 'Itai' state undecided my dear people of Akwa Abasi Ibom state or is there no one representing us in that their so called confab
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by atlwireles: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lildreezy:

i school in owerri, and when i tell someone am from delta, the next thing they say is Urhobo wado, or Brendo, and when i'm like am Igbo(Asaba to be precise), they're like hmmm. Its even worse for those from aniocha north, oshimili north, Ogwash and Kwale area.

So u're from asaba too? Nice nice,,,
ino ofuma?

You need to leave urhobos, Isokos,and itsekiris alone. They are not your problem. We hope truly you get your state, at least your insults will stop.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by KOBOJO: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
All these rubbish just because we asked for an additional state in southeast zone......
Smh.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by obiksam(m): 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hocus pocus.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Jbenue: 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
This extremely ridiculous.....More states for what? So the Elite of Ethnic minorities can also have a share of the oil glazed national cake? Come on focus on Industrializing the existing states and not relying on Abuja. I can see the Pros but there are ways too many cons to this idea. God Bless Nigeria or Airegin.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
I hope this silly idea never sees the light of day. The idea of creating more states is repugnant, considering that with each new state comes a whole new eco-system of government structures, divisions, positions, and bureaucracies. More local governments, more governors, commissioners, special advisers, special assistants, house of assemblies, state high courts and magistrate courts, etc etc etc. With the already overbloated cost of governance in Nigeria, can we afford such nonsense?

In any case, many of the existing states in Nigeria are not viable entities, and they depend solely on Abuja for monthly allocations. Of what use, then, is it to create additional parasitic and unproductive entities to further deplete the country's meagre resources?

Absolute rubbish. I hope common sense prevails in the end.

8 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Lildreezy(m): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
atlwireles:

You need to leave urhobos, Isokos,and itsekiris alone. They are not your problem. We hope truly you get your state, at least your insults will stop.

its not an insult, its true sir, Urhobos are quite stingy, especially when it comes to money and politics.

My dad is a director in the ministry of education, i knw what kind of hatred his subordinates have for him cos he's from asaba.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by toscany(m): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
To me, I think the north have the largest states in this country, so therefore, the delegates at the conference should look at other parts of the country when creating additional states.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by bola4dprec(m): 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lero15: Ha! What of Kwara State nah. Ignorant peeps call me hausa man...chai. I be Yoruba ooo. Southern Kwara. Where are my Igbomina folks?
creation of state shouldn't based on ethnicity one Nigeria
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Swash042(m): 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
Dis sounds lyk a big joke to me...wtf

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by texaco1: 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
pro01: I hope this silly idea never sees the light of day. The idea of creating more states is repugnant, considering that with each new state comes a whole new eco-system of government structures, divisions, positions, and bureaucracies. More local governments, more governors, commissioners, special advisers, special assistants, house of assemblies, state high courts and magistrate courts, etc etc etc. With the already overbloated cost of governance in Nigeria, can we afford such nonsense?

In any case, many of the existing states in Nigeria are not viable entities, and they depend solely on Abuja for monthly allocations. Of what use, then, is it to create additional parasitic and unproductive entities to further deplete the country's meagre resoirces?

Absolute rubbish. I hope common sense prevails in the end.
dontt tell me you believe that gej will create more states,those guys at the are only having a nice time and saying what ppl want to hear, can't u see that even on this thread some ppl are already fighting for capital. I am sure gej will be laughing and saying to himself see these mumus. All this talk talk is just to waste time, and douse tension and give pdp a platform to campaign on . Gej is the smartest president. He knows how to handle nigerians
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by sogamica(m): 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
i support Ijebu state but the proposed capital i don't support.ijebu Ode doesn't have land,majority of the land call Ijebu Ode today are Odogbolu land,Ijebu North land and Ijebu East land.Ijebu Ode has developed already we need to spread the infrastustral development to the other part.you cant bear the name and the capital.preferablly, Ikenne, Odogbolu town or Remo north should be given the capital
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by GamaG(m): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
without Bori state from Rivers state, everything is rubbish. Beside OP, ur title said 18states but ur showing us jus 17 where is d remaining one state?
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by sylve11: 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
My hatred for dis country na die! Make dem nor give me opportunity sha. I go too kill and i go merge many states together. Silly politicians, silly reasons. cool angry Boko boys, abeg make una face politicians na angry cool

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by texaco1: 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
Swash042: Dis sounds lyk a big joke to me...wtf
just enjoy the show ,let them finish their confab and go home . At least when they get to their states they will say they asked for state creation
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by bennygreat1(m): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
disloman: Those at d conference r dumbass.Is that what we need right now?Its annoying.

Very annoying Bro... Just Imagine... They re not talking about what will benefit the Ordinary Nigerian.. Y not talk about DEVELOPMENT instead of creating More states.. It'll only cause more problems..

This is ETHNICISM in display...
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by JACKOFALTRADE: 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Orumba north. . . Etiti state here we come.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Oluabayomi1(m): 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
L.M Ayedun..:
We need a new state out of Kogi state - Okun state.
Am still watching while my hands are crossed coz Smart must just deliver ds to we d okun pple

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by atlwireles: 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lildreezy:

its not an insult, its true sir, Urhobos are quite stingy, especially when it comes to money and politics.

My dad is a director in the ministry of education, i knw what kind of hatred his subordinates have for him cos he's from asaba.

Just as you are displaying your hate here on Urhobos abi?, You probably never met any in your life. No problem mister, we pray and truly want you to have your state. We will not be made to listen to your gibberish anymore.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
You said the truth because they have no good reason for this state creation rather than what you listed.

publicenemy: is this all they can come up with?

more states
More polticians
More allocation
More embezlement
more tribal disparity
More division under ethnic lines
More trouble.

Blind mother f*ckers.They only do things to favour themselves,disregarding the plight of ordinary Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Kashamu Begging Adebutu Kessignton ‘Baba Ijebu’ From Sick Bed (Leaked Video) / Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash / SVC: All Norsemen Are Vikings But All Vikings Are Not Norsemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.