Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230744 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
Guys their's an on going rumor's ystday morning that a russian Ilyushin Il-76 was cited @ TAC makurdi and abuja.......could this be that the hilos have started arriving, pls any one stay close to Makurdi or Abuja airport can help us re confirm.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
jteku: Guys their's an on going rumor's ystday morning that a russian Ilyushin Il-76 was cited @ TAC makurdi and abuja.......could this be that the hilos have started arriving, pls any one stay close to Makurdi or Abuja airport can help us re confirm.

I saw what looked like a Hercules C-130 Landing there last week, it passed directly over my place. Could have been an Ilyushin 76 though, I cant say.

Plus that very one I saw was flying from the direction of Abuja.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by NafeesaAA(f): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
Is about time. Only if they had listen to Shettima who requested better weaponry for the Nigeria army, this war would not have reached this level.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by NafeesaAA(f): 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
I hear say out of the 6 armoured tanks/ APC currently in use by boko haram members, 4 where bombed during thier failed attempt to take Madagali by Nigeria Alpha Jets. A raid in which many insurgents are reportedly killed.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
jteku: Guys their's an on going rumor's ystday morning that a russian Ilyushin Il-76 was cited @ TAC makurdi and abuja.......could this be that the hilos have started arriving, pls any one stay close to Makurdi or Abuja airport can help us re confirm.
which u got from beegs blog
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
NafeesaAA: I hear say out of the 6 armoured tanks/ APC currently in use by boko haram members, 4 where bombed during thier failed attempt to take Madagali by Nigeria Alpha Jets. A raid in which many insurgents are reportedly killed.
hmmm babe dis news is just as sweet as my Sunday rice.and pls were is madagali

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 4:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
For GOD sake was taking our Govt time to acquire needed birds to BOMB shekau and his boys to HELL. I de vex Minimah is busy talking while shekau just declared a state within Nigeria. We are officially at category A war level. Gej should bring his asss back home & address the new situation ladies and Gentlemen we are at War
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 4:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ibnsultan01: For GOD sake was taking our Govt time to acquire needed birds to BOMB shekau and his boys to HELL. I de vex Minimah is busy talking while shekau just declared a state within Nigeria. We are officially at category A war level. Gej should bring his asss back home & address the new situation ladies and Gentlemen we are at War
broad DAT man need rest
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlord: 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ibnsultan01: For GOD sake was taking our Govt time to acquire needed birds to BOMB shekau and his boys to HELL. I de vex Minimah is busy talking while shekau just declared a state within Nigeria. We are officially at category A war level. Gej should bring his asss back home & address the new situation ladies and Gentlemen we are at War

Stop calling that bastard, even a civilian like me can handle the affairs of the N.A better than that pregnant soldier

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2014
giles14: which u got from beegs blog
SO ??......bt what I don't get is are u answering or asking me a question, I bow for u oh, dnt u knw evry1 get news from somewhere
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
giles14: broad DAT man need rest
he choose to be the CinC of the federal republic of Nigerian and should be ready to make sacrifice. He should rooll his black asss back to his PAC and head back to NIG

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
jteku:
SO ??......bt what I don't get is are answering or asking me a question, I bow for u oh, dnt u knw evry1 get news from somewhere
bros no b fight na.it's just dat wen u copy someone's work at least u cite we u got it from
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by NafeesaAA(f): 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
giles14: hmmm babe dis news is just as sweet as my Sunday rice.and pls were is madagali

Madagali Is a boarder town btw Brono & Adamawa state and is just about 7Km away from MOPOL TRAINING CAMP GWOZA and 27km from Gwoza main town. However, two of the APC managed to escaped back to Gwoza. The Alpha jet went back to 're arm, but before it came back the insurgents retreated back to Gwoza. This explains why their onslaught was only limited to Madagali LGA secretariat.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
NafeesaAA:

Madagali Is a boarder town btw Brono & Adamawa state and is just about 7Km away from MOPOL TRAINING CAMP GWOZA and 27km from Gwoza main town. However, two of the APC managed to escaped back to Gwoza. The Alpha jet went back to 're arm, but before it came back the insurgents retreated back to Gwoza. This explains why their onslaught was only limited to Madagali LGA secretariat.
Thanks for the Info. Check out only One alpha jet went on the mission tactically wrong No backup fighter plane to increase casualties on the buggies. I salute the Alpha pilot. Its not easy using a alpha jet to hit targets on the ground. Our boys are working Abuja is talking

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 9:47am On Aug 25, 2014
this is dismal, after watching this video on youtube, i now dont have respect for the Nigerian military, i dont know how boko haram took over a military base,even staying there for long taken away ammunations, and we say we have an Airforce, does it take a general to call for a MI 35 helicopter (which i think all might have crashed) back up or alpha jet backup,why dont we have air support, but we keep hearing of orders of AW101 vvip transport helics, delivery of vip beach craft for generals, and the whole airforce has notting to write home about.
From the video,those soldiers running up the mountain running for their dear lives, because no backup to support. Any of those innocent soldiers that loose his life, i pray that any currupt politician or General who miss used the money meant to protect those soldiers, may they crash in the beach craft or Aw101 vvip helicopter....can i hear an AMEN from nairalanders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4IgD--nKg

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 9:57am On Aug 25, 2014
We Lack priorities. We go for the BEST vip transport planes. When we are at war. With No. Ground attack capabilities. The major reason why BH is making Gain is because we lack AIR support system. For the soldiers who died in the attack. I salute your courage to die for a country that has lost hope in itself. History will recognize your sacrifice for Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tonte(m): 11:44am On Aug 25, 2014
this muthafucka always looking irritating as Bleep...always chewing on that stick, some guy on an American talk show called it the mohammed stick, smh
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 11:55am On Aug 25, 2014
NafeesaAA:

Oya one kiss for you

Let's go to chicken republic

Sorry turkey republic
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by thelegend1(m): 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
i just hope Sirius is fine wherever he is...look at the number of devils our soldiers are sent to fight ill equipped

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PastorKun(m): 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
This video is really demoralising, how on earth is it possible that boko haram could over run an army barracks, empty their armoury and even steal their armoured tanks? It just doesn't add up. sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by komekn(m): 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
ZeusAyo: cheap yes, unreliable yes but with Λ remote controlled 30mm rotary cannon placed ontop that baby, she would be lethal to anything she sets her sights on. If I were to choose an Ifv for the mechanized infantry of the NA, It would be the Denel honey badger and the deal would come with tech transfer for both weapons suite and chassis and full in house maintenance. That way we can cross breed the badger and type 07a and create our own mechanical monster. Just my 2kobo by the way

I am in agreement with you, however, the DEAL BREAKER is always precision weaponry having a remote weapons station 20, 30 and or 40mm gives you overriding advantage and changes your battle strategy.

The definitive issue is armour and weapons station, for instance the Bradley M2 and CV-90 are considered to be IFV's, and are tracked as well as being amphibious with very resilient armour they can withstand RPG7's & 30mm rounds. However so also can the Patria, VBCI and Boxster are often called IFV's , APC's and the more current description is MRAV a reflection of their multi role capacity.

I would approach the matter from the perspective of best value, we do not have time to buy and wait for new procurement so I would buy [b]used Patria APC's [/b]from the Netherlands, Finland, Poland actually the S.African badger is completely derived from the Patria APC or if you like AMV, have them airlifted in and be in theatre within 24hrs, possibly 30+ via Antonov 124.

I chose the Patria modular platform because of its resilient armour(can stand RPG7's & 30mm cannons), amphibious capability (great for Chad basin )and multiple adapted weapon stations that can be fitted, 30mm Cannons, 40mm grenade launchers and or 12.7mm MG, etc , highly accurate night and day. Target acquisition software means you can take on multiple targets at once, new per unit about $800,000 used with good negotiation less than half price. Not sure if our SA brother are willing to sell on the cheap to us if yes we can go SA procurement.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by komekn(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
One other question i have taken note of Ibnsultan over the years and his very informative posts, however, we now have a Ibnsultan01 who only became active this August are they the one and same person
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Pangea: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Abeg o!
With all these bad news allover the place concerning the NA in NE,
I'm concerned about our very own!
Siriusblack, are you ok?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by enomakos(m): 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
giles14: broad DAT man need rest
which kai rest?bro no make me vex o?ur house de burn and u are busy chasing rats

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 6:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
With no remorse the COAS and CDS should be sacked when I watched a video of bokoharam

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by patwilly(m): 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn: One other question i have taken note of Ibnsultan over the years and his very informative posts, however, we now have a Ibnsultan01 who only became active this August are they the one and same person
That information is classified thanks to seun but I want you to know Ibnsultan is unable to make contribution for now ibnsultan01 is incharge
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by komekn(m): 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ibnsultan01: That information is classified thanks to seun but I want you to know Ibnsultan is unable to make contribution for now ibnsultan01 is incharge

I guessed it wasn't him, your diction, approach, and delivery are different,

Thanks for the courtesy
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Zuria(f): 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ibnsultan01: That information is classified thanks to seun but I want you to know Ibnsultan is unable to make contribution for now ibnsultan01 is incharge

C'mon darling, grin tell the truth, there's nothing classified about your presence joo...your other account was banned. Stop feeling like an SS agent grin grin grin
*zoomsoff* tongue

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
Zuria:

C'mon darling, grin tell the truth, there's nothing classified about your presence joo...your other account was banned. Stop feeling like an SS agent grin grin grin
*zoomsoff* tongue
Badddddddddd girl
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ZeusAyo: 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn:

I am in agreement with you, however, the DEAL BREAKER is always precision weaponry having a remote weapons station 20, 30 and or 40mm gives you overriding advantage and changes your battle strategy.

The definitive issue is armour and weapons station, for instance the Bradley M2 and CV-90 are considered to be IFV's, and are tracked as well as being amphibious with very resilient armour they can withstand RPG7's & 30mm rounds. However so also can the Patria, VBCI and Boxster are often called IFV's , APC's and the more current description is MRAV a reflection of their multi role capacity.

I would approach the matter from the perspective of best value, we do not have time to buy and wait for new procurement so I would buy [b]used Patria APC's [/b]from the Netherlands, Finland, Poland actually the S.African badger is completely derived from the Patria APC or if you like AMV, have them airlifted in and be in theatre within 24hrs, possibly 30+ via Antonov 124.

I chose the Patria modular platform because of its resilient armour(can stand RPG7's & 30mm cannons), amphibious capability (great for Chad basin )and multiple adapted weapon stations that can be fitted, 30mm Cannons, 40mm grenade launchers and or 12.7mm MG, etc , highly accurate night and day. Target acquisition software means you can take on multiple targets at once, new per unit about $800,000 used with good negotiation less than half price. Not sure if our SA brother are willing to sell on the cheap to us if yes we can go SA procurement.

I agree with you also concerning the used patria ifvs as stop gap measure. Also the idea of moving hundred of troops @ once makes the troops vulnerable to ambush. Why not divide the entire 7th division into companies of Λ maximum of 20men per unit with each unit having its own gun truck, ammo truck, an Ifv (where they can operate) and standby air support, med evac and air dropped reinforcement and equiping the soldiers with enough supplies to last them two days hunting for insurgents that way we have our own wolf packs and the soldiers should be also be rotated every month so we don't have tired legs and home sick soldiers. And also on troop welfare, for each soldier on active anti insurgency duty, Λ minimum of #5000 per day apart from his regular salary; that way, every soldier would wanna have Λ crack on the frontlines and on the issue of insurance, each soldier should have an active life insurance with the premium(if am wrong plz tell me I no know wetin dem dey call am)being paid monthly by the federal government and also his gratuity should be un failingly paid after his demise. Then on the issue of feeding, its time to put the field kitchens to the test instead of cooking food on firewood as seen earlier on these thread. Just my 2kobo by the way

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.