Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230778 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn:

I guessed it wasn't him, your diction, approach, and delivery are different,

Thanks for the courtesy
HaHa multi personality I guess. Brother things are realy BAD. Abuja needs to wake up
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
Zuria:

C'mon darling, grin tell the truth, there's nothing classified about your presence joo...your other account was banned. Stop feeling like an SS agent grin grin grin
*zoomsoff* tongue
Sorry ma'am you don't have clearance for that intel. But your assumption could be true
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by komekn(m): 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
ZeusAyo

I am baffled beyond reason, I don't want believe that we can be so PERVERSELY incompetent, I know CORRUPTION is a huge issue in hardware procurement by the NA & NAF.

Some of the things we talk about are just basic basic military tactics, you don't need to have gone to Sandhurst to know about BASIC COMMON SENSE. In a COIN you would have platoon of soldiers in a group of 3/4 armoured vehicles linked into the larger company patrolling an area with a whole series of battle management contingencies and pro active actions to engage and coax the enemy out to be engaged and destroyed.

For instance a company of 200 soldiers would create 10 rapid response patrols, each platoon would have 2 humvees and a IFV, MRAV and or APC wheeled (less noise and quicker) with enough fire power to engage 200 hundred + boko, call for other units within the company to make a strategic assault with no escapees.

The Humvee is a lot better than the Otokar Cobra can take a 50 cal. each platoon should have a number of high velocity sniper rifles a few recoiles rifle at least i.e M3 varied munitions, and for goodness sake lets get a decent rifle with good range and optical sights. I would suggest the H&K G36 effective in battle conditions 600m will go up to 800m and further, Germans are introducing the H&K416 so it's been phased out but still very good we can get 20k used units on the cheap even with grenade launchers.

Clearly our whole communications and battlefield management needs to to be totally revamped so there's complete connectivity.

I feel these are options our top brass may not take up essentially as there is NO EGUNJE

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
Soldiers of the NA have been doing there best,with courage and gallantry. But there is a psychological factor making them fail. (Lack of political will by Abuja to end the crisis) & welfare. We had serious combat and death of personnels in Freetown&mogadisho yet troops were ready to on orders without fear. The never ran away without fighting back. With little gears some folks without helmet the made the ulti£ate sacrifice for there African Brother b/c Govt then give them all it had. UN was there For there Welfare on an of battle field. Infact. During obj. Any major offensive against N/D militant included Air cover,amphibious and land unit. With Navy Guns active. Same is not the situation. In a time of better advance techs available in global market. Let's sell our crude and acquire Arms for both short and long-term defence of our SOVERIEGNTY. GOD BLESS our brothers and sisters in the Field. For the Humble ones who have fallen. Your dream of a safe and prosperous Nigeria shall come to be

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ZeusAyo: 9:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn: ZeusAyo

I am baffled beyond reason, I don't want believe that we can be so PERVERSELY incompetent, I know CORRUPTION is a huge issue in hardware procurement by the NA & NAF.

Some of the things we talk about are just basic basic military tactics, you don't need to have gone to Sandhurst to know about BASIC COMMON SENSE. In a COIN you would have platoon of soldiers in a group of 3/4 armoured vehicles linked into the larger company patrolling an area with a whole series of battle management contingencies and pro active actions to engage and coax the enemy out to be engaged and destroyed.

For instance a company of 200 soldiers would create 10 rapid response patrols, each platoon would have 2 humvees and a IFV, MRAV and or APC wheeled (less noise and quicker) with enough fire power to engage 200 hundred + boko, call for other units within the company to make a strategic assault with no escapees.

The Humvee is a lot better than the Otokar Cobra can take a 50 cal. each platoon should have a number of high velocity sniper rifles a few recoiles rifle at least i.e M3 varied munitions, and for goodness sake lets get a decent rifle with good range and optical sights. I would suggest the H&K G36 effective in battle conditions 600m will go up to 800m and further, Germans are introducing the H&K416 so it's been phased out but still very good we can get 20k used units on the cheap even with grenade launchers.

Clearly our whole communications and battlefield management needs to to be totally revamped so there's complete connectivity.

I feel these are options our top brass may not take up essentially as there is NO EGUNJE

seconded. But instead of the g36 why not the ak74 with red dot sight and Gls those ones we can get liscence to manufacture locally by dicon then tavor rifle for all special ops soldiers in the entire millitary. Seriously its time the NA starts to go hunting for these blood suckers and if they know they don have enough air support, for christs sake we hav palmarias and if I am right, either bofors or archer arty pieces. That way, the arty team can be 35km away and when the pinned down team calls in Λ fire mission, the can respond within seconds but it call comes down to com&control then someone telling the presido to have his ballz re-attatched

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
ZeusAyo: seconded. But instead of the g63 why not the ak74 with red dot sight and Gls then tavor rifle for all special ops soldiers in the entire millitary. Seriously its time the NA starts to go hunting for these blood suckers and if they know they don have enough air support, for christs sake we hav palmarias and if I am right, either bofors or archer arty pieces. That way, the arty team can be 35km away and when the pinned down team calls in Λ fire mission, the can respond within seconds but it call comes down to com&control then someone telling the presido to have his ballz re-attatched
SIR. NA needs to be on the offensive. Heavy bombardments along side serious heavy Gunfire but them in chaos and chase the baggas down
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ZeusAyo: 9:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ibnsultan01: SIR. NA needs to be on the offensive. Heavy bombardments along side serious heavy Gunfire but them in chaos and chase the baggas down
that's why I said they need to go hunting
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 10:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
I just watched the Boko haram "press release" on youtube.....seems that those clowns are getting all up in the ISIS hype...caliphate my ass.....On a more serious note, their firepower was overwhelming! The MGs we mount on our hiluxes were what they gave to foot soldiers....their "Technicals" had 14.5mm MGs being the least on them...of note was a huge HMG mounted on a truck...its safe to say at this point that the overhyped COAS is a complete Failure! Just like his C-in-C.....as for the CDS, that bloated dude is a disaster....that's what happens when you take the CAS whose base was overrun by bandits and make him your CDS!....now tell me, judging by the video, who would stop the militants in that clip..our GPMG mounted Otokars, our useless mortars, tanks nko? Crappy T-55s and obsolete vickers tanks? Rifles? Same aks as the militants themselves...No IFVs no ATGMs, no NOTHING....all just troops in ballistics jackets carrying rusty aks and Rpgs...If we had responded to that attack with 15 rocket-pod mounted gunships, we would have obliterated the whole bunch! Yet the video shows our troops shamelessly bolting into the mountains...the whole Army chain of command needs an Overhaul....Useless corrupt, lazy, tactless, 1941-orientated, bloated, NAOWA fund-raising, overweight, "generals".....in othe countries, they would be gardners..Nonsense.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by skullz: 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
Why did we drop our FN rifles??....
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 10:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
All this talk talk would not solve issues,
Unless we go down on our knees and beg uncle sam to borrow us just two longbow apache for two weeks with their pilots.......then all boko hardware will be history
If not, let's wait for our 40 attack helics which will be delvered in 20??, by then the islamic caliphate would have reached portharcort.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by skullz: 11:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
I just watched the video myself...would i ever recover from this shock?? The ragheads are almost turning PKMs to their primary weapon, and yet the COAS wants me to believe all is well....I think I even saw something like a 23mm cannon in that video with some couple of DShks......Boko haram now roll out in the open on wheeled and even tracked APCs........All this was happening and I kept asking myself "where are the damn warbirds"??........Then as for our fleeing Soilders and their commanders who didint even think of mining their positions with lots of boobytraps before absconding(Even Hamas does this)..They left the doors to their armoury wide open for the ragheads to come and feast on supplies.......So the issue is not even about getting new guns and gadgets for our boys, it is about how long they can hold on to it.....simple rigging, minning and boobytrapping positions before retreating WE NO SABI!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by charlos14: 1:15am On Aug 26, 2014
jteku: this is dismal, after watching this video on youtube, i now dont have respect for the Nigerian military, i dont know how boko haram took over a military base,even staying there for long taken away ammunations, and we say we have an Airforce, does it take a general to call for a MI 35 helicopter (which i think all might have crashed) back up or alpha jet backup,why dont we have air support, but we keep hearing of orders of AW101 vvip transport helics, delivery of vip beach craft for generals, and the whole airforce has notting to write home about.
From the video,those soldiers running up the mountain running for their dear lives, because no backup to support. Any of those innocent soldiers that loose his life, i pray that any currupt politician or General who miss used the money meant to protect those soldiers, may they crash in the beach craft or Aw101 vvip helicopter....can i hear an AMEN from nairalanders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4IgD--nKg

Mister ask yourself why they waiting until nightfall to loot!
We could only see 3 soldiers there concluding that less than 7 soldiers were manning this post!
This supposed barrack only showed two sections of a building, looks more like an fob to me!
This is pure propaganda and standing together will defeat this group........... Take the Israeli way and knock this mthafvckers out.

Democracy will persist.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ZeusAyo: 7:37am On Aug 26, 2014
charlos14:

We could only see 3 soldiers there concluding that less than 7 soldiers were manning this post!
This supposed barrack only showed two sections of a building, looks more like an fob to me!
This is pure propaganda and standing together will defeat this group........... Take the Israeli way and knock this mthafvckers out.

Democracy will persist.
you have Λ point.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 8:04am On Aug 26, 2014
charlos14:

Democracy will persist.
You still think this video was pure propaganda, how about those military trucks packed in the compound, the two tanks on the video, even most of the hilux truck BH use were in NA colour they must have taken them a long time ago.................but come to think of it, haven't Nigerian millitary ever thought of using TRACKERS on its APC or TRUCKS and let BH do away with them, so that they can be tracked to their base, or they are waiting for us to tell them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 8:39am On Aug 26, 2014
charlos14:

Democracy will persist.

You have no point. Why is the Nigerian Military not making counter video propaganda.

You mean 7 soldiers would be manning such a huge cache of weapons, vans, trucks and I even saw on howitzer.

There is something called consolidation. It means after you rout an enemy from a place you have to really secure the whole area, which could take hours or even days.

So there choice of moving the weapons at night is their choice. These Jihadis are media savvy and they know how to project strenght through the media.

The question is why is our military not media savvy? There are many fronts in a war. The PR front is one of them.

The Israelis and the Americans have discovered this the hard way, so they have faced the challenge. The Nigerian Military also needs to have Youtube Channels, they need charismatic and articulate young officers to speak on their behalf, they need to show to us that they are winning this war.

The nitty grity is that they need to up their game and rout these guys. Or else...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 8:56am On Aug 26, 2014
@GENolukolade
Behind social media, lot of us are Lions & Giants killers, but can't even stand up to a robber that attacks our homes.
gringringringrin chai, this man don finish una gringringringrin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ozonna(m): 9:55am On Aug 26, 2014
Got this from beegeagle.

Corruption is abominable but it is not the explanation for everything under the sun. It does not explain
– Why tanks and medium artillery could not repulse and attack by light infantry in Gwoza
– Why the commander of the troops at Gwoza would not have scouting positions on the heights to have seen the Boko Haram long before they got into the town
– why the retreating troops could not spare a few minutes to toss 1 grenade each into the abandoned tanks and APCs, or spike the guns
– Why all the air assets we have not been armed and were not sent into the air to bomb the advancing BH as they came

Soooo many questions, none of which is directly connected with the corruption of politicians (or even Generals for that matter).

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PapiWata: 11:12am On Aug 26, 2014
President Johnathan's war cabinet should give some serious thought to the idea of calling in mercenary groups to assist Nigeria in the war against terror raging out of control in her north-easterly reaches.

Executive Outcomes is a reputable and well respected mercenary group that could, if given free reign in the theater of war, inflict major losses on the terrorist hordes with a comparatively small fighting force, now greatly enhanced by advances in warfare and surveillance technology.

Sandline International is a second mercenary group whose membership comprises many hardened combat veterans drawn from the French Foreign Legion, as well as from the ranks of elite special forces "retirees" who previously served with the world's deadliest fighting outfits.

Either or both of the above warfare contractors could, for a reasonable fee, turn the tide decisively AGAINST the terrorist slave-raiders reportedly taking and holding contested ground in Nigeria even as these very words are typed.

Hire some mercs, and the federal government can rest assured that they will get a whole lot of bang for their buck, towards the war effort at hand.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by IdomaLikita: 11:30am On Aug 26, 2014
PapiWata: President Johnathan's war cabinet should give some serious thought to the idea of calling in mercenary groups to assist Nigeria in the war against terror raging out of control in her north-easterly reaches.

Executive Outcomes is a reputable and well respected mercenary group that could, if given free reign in the theater of war, inflict major losses on the terrorist hordes with a comparatively small fighting force, now greatly enhanced by advances in warfare and surveillance technology.

Sandline International is a second mercenary group whose membership comprises many hardened combat veterans drawn from the French Foreign Legion, as well as from the ranks of elite special forces "retirees" who previously served with the world's deadliest fighting outfits.

Either or both of the above warfare contractors could, for a reasonable fee, turn the tide decisively AGAINST the terrorist slave-raiders reportedly taking and holding contested ground in Nigeria even as these very words are typed.

Hire some mercs, and the federal government can rest assured that they will get a whole lot of bang for their buck, towards the war effort at hand.

Abeg Abeg Abeg!!!

Bros no do oh! Which executive outcomes again? No be fight dem dey come fight? Is there any other thing they wanna do?
The Problem with the N.A is purely Administrative! When the Generals are ready to start winning, BH will be wiped out in weeks!
Don't forget the NM is gathering a Wealth of experience from this COIN-CT operation which could be applied in future campaigns!
Our C-in-C isn't breathing hard on his military chiefs that's all!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PapiWata: 11:33am On Aug 26, 2014
IdomaLikita:

Abeg Abeg Abeg!!!

Bros no do oh! Which executive outcomes again? No be fight dem dey come fight? Is there any other thing they wanna do?
The Problem with the N.A is purely Administrative! When the Generals are ready to start winning, BH will be wiped out in weeks!
Don't forget the NM is gathering a Wealth of experience from this COIN-CT operation which could be applied in future campaigns!

There is no harm in Nigeria hiring a few select professional warriors to augment special forces operations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
IdomaLikita:

Abeg Abeg Abeg!!!

Actually I support his idea. Infact I have been advocating this same move for some time now. These are very effective organisations that can turn the tide of the war in a very short time.

Go and study what Executive Outcomes did in Sierra Leone against the rebels. They decimated the rebels using classic Counter Insurgency tactics.

But if we must seek their help, we must do it with our eyes and ears open.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by wirinet(m): 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ozonna: Got this from beegeagle.

Corruption is abominable but it is not the explanation for everything under the sun. It does not explain
– Why tanks and medium artillery could not repulse and attack by light infantry in Gwoza
– Why the commander of the troops at Gwoza would not have scouting positions on the heights to have seen the Boko Haram long before they got into the town
– why the retreating troops could not spare a few minutes to toss 1 grenade each into the abandoned tanks and APCs, or spike the guns
– Why all the air assets we have not been armed and were not sent into the air to bomb the advancing BH as they came

Soooo many questions, none of which is directly connected with the corruption of politicians (or even Generals for that matter).

My brother corruption explains everything. Corruption kills motivation. why tanks and artillary weapons could not repulse an attack by light infantry is because the nigerian soldiers are not motivated enough by their field commanders to be prepared to die for them. The commander of the troops are not interested in the welbeing and welfare of soldiers but of their own selfish interest, either by selling out to Boko haram for monetary gains or by supplying inferior weaponry and kits at exhorbitant prices. Worse still the soldiers are not paid all their dues at the front. Corruption has so pervaded the military that it is a miracle to get soldiers who are ready to face a bullet.

It is so bad that new recruits into the military has not been paid their recruitment allowance up to two years after graduating. The Generals steal all the money meant for junior officers and expect these same officers to the ready to die for them.

Boko Haram are ready to die for Shakau because they are motivated by him, religiously, morally and most probably financially. He is not seen as a corrupt leader stealing their collective purse.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by IdomaLikita: 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
Krak:

Actually I support his idea. Infact I have been advocating this same move for some time now. These are very effective organisations that can turn the tide of the war in a very short time.

Go and study what Executive Outcomes did in Sierra Leone against the rebels. They decimated the rebels using classic Counter Insurgency tactics.

But if we must seek their help, we must do it with our eyes and ears open.

I am well aware of what Executive Outcomes did in Sierra Leone, However National Pride cannot be traded in times like this!
What happened to the Billions of Naira being Spent over the Years to train Officers and Men abroad?
Where are those men?
Which is Cheaper? Training our own SFs and buying Good Weapons or Hiring Mercenaries who would leave with everything(material and non-material) after their job is done?
The Civilian JTF have recorded Successes against BH, why havnt they be Contracted to fight against BH as Mercenary Groups?
Won't they receive better support as indigenes than Foreign mercenaries?
The Political Implications would be unprecedented in a North where Anti-Govt sentiment is rife ("GEJ hired foreigners to come and kill us all"wink
The Govt isn't thinking!
Nigeria is awash is Arms, and there's nothing Govt can do about it! A Sensible Govt will support one Group against the other!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PapiWata: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
As a footnote to the mercenary option, both Sandline International and Executive Outcomes warrior rental agencies are officially defunct, BUT, the founder of Sandline does leave his email address on the now closed website, most likely for the benefit of those who may wish to work with that organization "under the table".

http://www.sandline.com/
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by NafeesaAA(f): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Chibok people need to be evacuated immediately,. The town is in between Gwoza Sambisa, Biu and Damboa, that makes thier boundry with Biu as the only safe place for now. I hope you know how notorious the other places I mentioned are with BH. Secondly, The army in Chibok is just a platoon not upto a battalion, that makes them a walk over for BH when ever they decides to attack. They have a Civilian-JTF and any town that has that is mercilessly dealt with when ever BH captures it. Lastly, BH wont tolerate a town so close to it is borders under Nigerian control."

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by komekn(m): 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
NafeesaAA: Chibok people need to be evacuated immediately,. The town is in between Gwoza Sambisa, Biu and Damboa, that makes thier boundry with Biu as the only safe place for now. I hope you know how notorious the other places I mentioned are with BH. Secondly, The army in Chibok is just a platoon not upto a battalion, that makes them a walk over for BH when ever they decides to attack. They have a Civilian-JTF and any town that has that is mercilessly dealt with when ever BH captures it. Lastly, BH wont tolerate a town so close to it is borders under Nigerian control."

100% True Word.

However, considering our perverse penchant for being reactionary and not proactive, I don't want to present myself as pessimistic but i think the NA top brass strategists are not perturbed and will sacrifice the combatants there, who will be on duty with the obligatory antiquated AK47 and in spite of repeated warnings I presume ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WILL BE DONE

If you got friends there I don't like to say this as it helps Boko with their plan of religious cleansing its time to run for your life and leave.

The most plausible and reasonable alternative is to arm the local vigilantes of Chibok properly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ZeusAyo: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
The moment guirella fighters start taking territories, it marks there end because now there location would be properly marked out and if possible, carpet bombed with infantry and sf soldiers blocking all routes leading in and out of the area of conflict. Λ proper hammer and anvil attack. And if it is located in Λ border area, the country on the other side should be properlly notified of the impending operation and they should be proactive by placing troops on there own side of the border thereby further blocking the escape routes of the terrorists and boxing them in then sf commandoes can move in for the kill. Because the NA cannot chase down theses insurgents because they are nimble and faster than the NA land transport wise. I think its time to start using tactics other than brut force. These insurgent are like rats you cannot chase Λ rat over open ground and you hope to kill it you have to box it in Λ corner before you strike the killer blow its time to borrow Λ leaf from the french campaign in Mali: that is, stop moving the entire army together but divide them into units, and make them go hunting with @list 3 mobile arty pieces moving 20km behind them for fire mission support then let's see what happens when you take the party to boko haram themselves.... And please enough with this pmc talk although Λ good idea, it won't work in nigeria especially when opposition parties likes playing politics with everything

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
NafeesaAA: Chibok people need to be evacuated immediately,. The town is in between Gwoza Sambisa, Biu and Damboa, that makes thier boundry with Biu as the only safe place for now. I hope you know how notorious the other places I mentioned are with BH. Secondly, The army in Chibok is just a platoon not upto a battalion, that makes them a walk over for BH when ever they decides to attack. They have a Civilian-JTF and any town that has that is mercilessly dealt with when ever BH captures it. Lastly, BH wont tolerate a town so close to it is borders under Nigerian control."

Biu is relatively calm

Am I correct to say it is so because the people are fully against BH due to their faith
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PastorKun(m): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2014

With refrence to the bolded what do you mean by boko haram having borders or not tolerating a town under Nigerian control shocked you are really hyping up these demons, yeah i know they have really embarrassed the NA but they are still rats and they would definitely be smoked out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Biu is relatively calm

Am I correct to say it is so because the people are fully against BH due to their faith
Haba. Biu is a Mix Community
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ibnsultan01: Haba. Biu is a Mix Community

Ok
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ZeusAyo: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
ZeusAyo: I agree with you also concerning the used patria ifvs as stop gap measure. Also the idea of moving hundred of troops @ once makes the troops vulnerable to ambush. Why not divide the entire 7th division into companies of Λ maximum of 20men per unit with each unit having its own gun truck, ammo truck, an Ifv (where they can operate) and standby air support, med evac and air dropped reinforcement and equiping the soldiers with enough supplies to last them two days hunting for insurgents that way we have our own wolf packs and the soldiers should be also be rotated every month so we don't have tired legs and home sick soldiers. And also on troop welfare, for each soldier on active anti insurgency duty, Λ minimum of #5000 per day apart from his regular salary; that way, every soldier would wanna have Λ crack on the frontlines and on the issue of insurance, each soldier should have an active life insurance with the premium(if am wrong plz tell me I no know wetin dem dey call am)being paid monthly by the federal government and also his gratuity should be un failingly paid after his demise. Then on the issue of feeding, its time to put the field kitchens to the test instead of cooking food on firewood as seen earlier on these thread. Just my 2kobo by the way
to also add we need to get mokopa anti tank missiles both air launched, ground launched and vehicle launched to take out anything armoured in the millitants armoury. So the will to use those vehicles would be shattered to pieces

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.