Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230783 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
Nigerian Bigboys

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Litmus: 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
One of the things Nigeria must do to defeat Bokoharam is remove Paul Biya of Cameroon from office. It can be done.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
Litmus: One of the things Nigeria must do to defeat Bokoharam is remove Paul Biya of Cameroon from office. It can be done.
plss who is paul biya ?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ZeusAyo: 8:07am On Aug 27, 2014
bidexiii: plss who is paul biya ?
president of cameroon
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ZeusAyo: 8:07am On Aug 27, 2014
Litmus: One of the things Nigeria must do to defeat Bokoharam is remove Paul Biya of Cameroon from office. It can be done.
do you mean invasion
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ozonna(m): 8:56am On Aug 27, 2014
jteku: Nigerian Bigboys

To be sincere I don't want to blame these big boys. I want to blame all of us Nigerians.

There's something that makes us forget where we came from immediately we get to a post of authority. Pastors should know the evil spirit behind this and fight it. Imams should know the jinn ( sorry incase I got the spelling wrong am not muslim) behind it and fight it. Scientists should find a rationale explanation for it and prescribe pills/ solutions to take eliminate from our nation. This affects all facets of our national life and not just the military, Infact politicians and civil servants are worse.

Gen Minimah being an infantry man must have seen many battles (without any bullet peoof) in his career from the deserts in Somalia to the jungles in Liberia and Sierra Leone (though I haven't seen his CV). Same goes for the CDS and CAS both of whom I'm sure flew the Alpha Jets when they were tear rubber. Now these men suppose to know better about equipping the armed forces with latest military gadgets . For God's sake what's giving a soldiers 2 or 3 magazines nah. It doesn't make sense at all.

While we pray and hope for the quick arrival of the equipments/super tucanos/helos, we also pray to God to help our military to master the equipments in record time, use it to inflict heavy damages on the enemy and not submit them to the insurgents.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 9:15am On Aug 27, 2014
sure its possible tru supporting Opposition. But removing Paul biya is just a fragment of the solution. Agree we must begining to think towards Who rules our backyard
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 9:52am On Aug 27, 2014
Ibnsultan01: sure its possible tru supporting Opposition. But removing Paul biya is just a fragment of the solution. Agree we must begining to think towards Who rules our backyard
Honestly, leadership in Nigeria is zero! We have no long-term plans for political and military domination of this continent...We have shamelessly given that right to the South Africans!...what happened to the DMI? Why are our politicians so lazy and unambitious? The cameroonians are sizing us up for a final push to retake Cross-River State and its sorrounding territories, and our clowns in power are talking about 2015...Biya is weak...in fact, all francophone countries in W.Africa are just puppets of France...why can't the DMI embark on a covert mission to kick him out? The Egyptians have built Africa's most sophisticated military while ours is not even equipped enough to par with police forces in other countries...why can't we embark on a massive military plan for the next 5 years that will ensure military domination for the nest 15-20 years? This boko haram issue is based on the fact that the entity called Nigeria is now WEAK, militarily, politically and socially, ...that is why some rag-tag rebels overrun our military bases.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 10:24am On Aug 27, 2014
u guys calling for the removal of paul biya are sick. Is he d one dat ask us to av fools as leaders in nigeria? Small cameroon will finish nigeria in a war. Nigeria army are living in past glory.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 27, 2014
egbaguy: u guys calling for the removal of paul biya are sick. Is he d one dat ask us to av fools as leaders in nigeria? Small cameroon will finish nigeria in a war. Nigeria army are living in past glory.
They are pathetic for calling for Biya's head

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ZeusAyo: 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
whatlyf: They are pathetic for calling for Biya's head
although I don't support it it sounds somehow feasible by having troops on the other side of the border, nigeria can easily use either pincer or the hammer and anvil attack on boko haram formations but having troops on another countries territory is Λ surefire sign of war
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
egbaguy: u guys calling for the removal of paul biya are sick. Is he d one dat ask us to av fools as leaders in nigeria? Small cameroon will finish nigeria in a war. Nigeria army are living in past glory.

that is fulani sop.
One is talking of plan to dominate africa.

R'onu.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by KnowAll(m): 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
[size=18pt]HOW COME NO ONE CAN SHOW US TODAY'S PICTURE OF GWOZA, Gamborou-Ngala, Ashigashiya Towns, are these Towns still under Boko Haram Control. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Litmus: 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
The problem is that Nigeria is vulnerable. For instance, if Biya thinks like i think he does, from suggestions like this, he's more likely to have Goodluck Johnathan assassinated in other to cause a Nigerian civil war than we are to remove him from Power. Nevertheless, Nigeria has to start thinking in terms of reaching into the heart of neighboring nations to remove their heads of state from office if they interfere in Nigerian affairs as Biya is directly or indirectly doing with this Bokoharam problem.

Removing Biya will give the people of Cameroon the chance to resolve issues that may be simmering away under the surface of his 100 years rule. Removing him from office will be an unexpected response and cause disarray in the forces and motivations ranged against Nigeria. It will cause leaders of far-lung African Nations to think twice before conspiring against us assisted by foreign benefactors.

If there are forces set abroad in the world, from the middle east to Africa, respecting no borders, making new alliances and drawing new borders we might as well hold the biggest pencil in Africa if not then the biggest rubber.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 5:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
KnowAll: [size=18pt]HOW COME NO ONE CAN SHOW US TODAY'S PICTURE OF GWOZA, Gamborou-Ngala, Ashigashiya Towns, are these Towns still under Boko Haram Control. [/size]
Oga sir You no get Camera phone make u go RECOIN for us

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
KnowAll: [size=18pt]HOW COME NO ONE CAN SHOW US TODAY'S PICTURE OF GWOZA, Gamborou-Ngala, Ashigashiya Towns, are these Towns still under Boko Haram Control. [/size]
Oga sir You no get Camera phone make u go RECOIN for us.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ibnsultan01: 5:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nigera since the present Admns has NO foreign policy objectives. We NO longer big brother. Countries like Benin Who use to look up to us for protection are now thinking Twice

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PapiWata: 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Litmus: The problem is that Nigeria is vulnerable. For instance, if Biya thinks like i think he does, from suggestions like this, he's more likely to have Goodluck Johnathan assassinated in other to cause a Nigerian civil war than we are to remove him from Power. Nevertheless, Nigeria has to start thinking in terms of reaching into the heart of neighboring nations to remove their heads of state from office if they interfere in Nigerian affairs as Biya is directly or indirectly doing with this Bokoharam problem.

Removing Biya will give the people of Cameroon the chance to resolve issues that may be simmering away under the surface of his 100 years rule. Removing him from office will be an unexpected response and cause disarray in the forces and motivations ranged against Nigeria. It will cause leaders of far-lung African Nations to think twice before conspiring against us assisted by foreign benefactors.

If there are forces set abroad in the world, from the middle east to Africa, respecting no borders, making new alliances and drawing new borders we might as well hold the biggest pencil in Africa if not then the biggest rubber.

Cameroonian President Biya seems like a harmless enough national leader, who has never displayed any evidence of pursuing an expansionist agenda towards neighboring west African countries, so there is no apparent reason for democratic nations of the sub-region to distrust or fear the Cameroons under a Biya presidency, unless you are privy to information not known to the general public.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
PapiWata:

Cameroonian President Biya seems like a harmless enough national leader, who has never displayed any evidence of pursuing an expansionist agenda towards neighboring west African countries, so there is no apparent reason for democratic nations of the sub-region to distrust or fear the Cameroons under a Biya presidency, unless you are privy to information not known to the general public.

he is suggesting a swap.
if the fulani cannot rule nigeria, then nigeria should help them oust biya and install a fulani there.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tunshe: 2:29am On Aug 28, 2014

Watch how the Nigerian soldiers flee Boko haram attack. There is serious war going on in Gwoza and I have a clearer picture of how the insurgency get armed day by day.

We all blame the Government for not equipping the NA but most of the weapons used by boko haram are from the Soldiers,maybe we should blaim the NA leadership for under-motivation.

If you wanna watch how the Soldiers flee( I was close to tears for the innocent Soldiers who have families at home) start watching from 29:05.

Nigeria is not wining any war against the insurgency rather,they are growing day by day in Strength.

The video in the link below supports all I have stated here. Any f00l that quote me out of context should be ready for e-war.

http://saharareporters.com/videos/boko-haram-declares-new-caliphate-northeastern-nigeria
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 6:10am On Aug 28, 2014
tunshe:

Watch how the Nigerian soldiers flee Boko haram attack. There is serious war going on in Gwoza and I have a clearer picture of how the insurgency get armed day by day.

We all blame the Government for not equipping the NA but most of the weapons used by boko haram are from the Soldiers,maybe we should blaim the NA leadership for under-motivation.

If you wanna watch how the Soldiers flee( I was close to tears for the innocent Soldiers who have families at home) start watching from 29:05.

Nigeria is not wining any war against the insurgency rather,they are growing day by day in Strength.

The video in the link below supports all I have stated here. Any f00l that quote me out of context should be ready for e-war.

http://saharareporters.com/videos/boko-haram-declares-new-caliphate-northeastern-nigeria
This your threat na wa o.

On a serious note the Nigerian Army is clearly losing this war. It seems the present corps of the Army is just dwelling on past glories.

They have clearly forgotten how to fight a war. I hope they can prove me wrong.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 6:49am On Aug 28, 2014
anybody knows ahmad salkida?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by upko: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2014
[b]The war is being Lost everyday the NA let's it drag. At the rate they are prosecuting it bokoharam would metamorphose into a full fledge conventional army.
Bad policy makers everywhere. The entire system reeks of incompetence.
Nigerians should wake up and smell the coffee. Gen olukolade cannot give us heart warming PR News because he has no good news to report, and he cannot start maufcturing lies and feed to us.

We call bokoharam ragtag, yet they seem to understand the importance of propaganda better than out Sandhurst trained Generals.
When soilders give up their base without firing a single shot and leave ammunitions and other equipment in good shape for the bad guys, then you know something is terribly wrong.

We have been living in denial pretending the military is closing this war and trying not to believe the truth from our perceived paid media like saharareporters.
Our boys now run from battle not because they are under armed but for unknown reasons.

If not tell me why bokoharam columns advancing towards their FOB firing into the air cannot be stopped in their tracks.....even when they had a 105mm cannon stationed inside that FOB, instead they abandoned their positions and leave the cannons behind intact.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 7:18am On Aug 28, 2014
egbaguy: anybody knows ahmad salkida?

Whats wrong with him? He is a journalist.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 28, 2014
see wetin our snipers do dis guy

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 7:24am On Aug 28, 2014
Krak:

Whats wrong with him? He is a journalist.
i am kinda nt comfortable with him. Do u think he is sincere?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakpon: 7:52am On Aug 28, 2014
egbaguy: anybody knows ahmad salkida?
He is a journalist. He knows Boko Haram in and out, right from the days of Mohammed Yusuf. There was a time he went on exile but i think he is now back in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 7:55am On Aug 28, 2014
Jakpon: He is a journalist. He knows Boko Haram in and out, right from the days of Mohammed Yusuf. There was a time he went on exile but i think he is now back in Nigeria
nah...he is still in UAE. I av a funny feeling about dat guy. I swear he talks to shekau. Shudnt he be cooling off in SSS 'guest house'?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 7:59am On Aug 28, 2014
i can see NafeesaAA viewing diz thread. This fine babe nah rebel number 1
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 8:05am On Aug 28, 2014
Jakpon: He is a journalist. He knows Boko Haram in and out, right from the days of Mohammed Yusuf. There was a time he went on exile but i think he is now back in Nigeria
his twitter handle is @contactsalkida .....dude blocked me two months ago den unblocked me last week. D guy is always evasive. Remember he was in nigeria to meet obj togeda with shehu sani wen d girls were abducted,but dude said he has nva met obj and has nt spoken to shehu for years,den less dan two minutes after,he deleted d tweet!!!
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakpon: 8:06am On Aug 28, 2014
egbaguy: nah...he is still in UAE. I av a funny feeling about dat guy. I swear he talks to shekau. Shudnt he be cooling off in SSS 'guest house'?
There is another guy who goes by the pseudonym Fulan Nasrullah. He also gives exclusive and explicit report about Boko Haram. You can check out his website. www.fulansitrep.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ozonna(m): 8:50am On Aug 28, 2014
Just like I read in beegeagle (yes, am addicted to that blog tongue). At just over 100000 troops, our military is small in number compared to our population and land mass. So what these terrorists do is they attack soft spots/towns where there are few soldiers. The terrerists attack in greater numbers than our troops who are stationed to defend the town.

Read what the beeg man has to say:

That notion of a lean and mechanised military will not work for Nigeria. Nigeria’s problem, unlike other vast countries such as Algeria, Sudan or DR Congo is that we have settlements from end to end…from the sand dunes of Yusufari to Bassambiri in the Niger Delta. In times of war, except every square inch of territory is staked out, there shall always be the case of insurgents preying on isolated communities.

http://beegeagle./2012/06/05/exercise-obangame-2010-at-calabar-nigerian-navy-participation/

” I remember that, but that is neither here nor there.

What is the magical correlation between 50,000 troops and professionalism? Most countries with a less than a quarter, a third or half of Nigeria’s population have larger armies – Algeria, Morocco, Burma, Turkey, Iraq, Ethiopia, The Philippines, Iran, Egypt BECAUSE there is correlation between geography, demography and manning. I do not see how the disproportionately large sizes of the Egyptian and Turkish armies have hampered their quest for professionalism.

As of 1988, the defunct Directorate of Foods, Roads and Rural Infrastructure enumerated 94,000 communities in Nigeria. Compared to that and the last time I checked, the DRC had 40,000 communities, Ethiopia 45,000 and the pre-partition Sudan had 35,000 communities.

We face challenges of insurgency in which men have to be put on the ground. NORTHERN NIGERIA is equal in size(slightly larger as a matter of fact) to Benin, Togo, Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire put together OR FOUR times the size of Liberia and Sierra Leone put together.Half of that huge swathe of territory(equal in size to Germany) has been critically affected by insurgent attacks. There is a critical requirement for BOOTS on the ground since these chaps strike where they sense a vacuum.
It is the same everywhere with COIN-CT operations. In Liberia we had a peak deployment of 13,000 troops, in Sierra Leone it was 19,000 men. That is 32,000 men to man an area the size of Scotland and England combined and there was still a deficit. I just said that Northern Nigeria is four times as large as the combined area of Liberia and Sierra Leone!

The insurgent knuckleheads will attack every undefended church, every isolated police post, every vulnerable church and the COIN-CT operations are beyond what the Police alone can handle insofar as they only field rifles whereas the insurgents have RPGs, GPMGs, are massively IED-reliant and use suicide bombers.

In the deep south, the Niger Delta is a labyrinth of 3014 creeks and waterways with 5,000 miles of pipelines, hundreds of remote flowstations and installations scattered across a daunting maritime area the size of Sierra Leone.

The creeks call for patrols by triads and quartets of troops in river gunboats, the multimillion dollar flowstations need to be protected by squads and sections of troops as well. How many troops are we looking at ideally to effectively man that area where bunkering, piracy, insurgency and kidnapping are not going to quieten down before 2015 at the earliest?

What manner of 50,000 troops was OBJ speculating about? Was that a joke? We need to get started with more than twice that number and with a 2,000-man NAF Regiment(plus 15,000 others) and a 3,000-man Naval Infantry Command (plus 15,000 others)

They should forget the glib talk about ‘compact and professional.’ This is not Israel. Our land area is 45 times larger. China have not been in any war since 1978-79 against Vietnam. Their land is ten times larger, their population is eight times bigger but their military is more than twenty times larger. Does anyone know why, if not for the correlation between population size, land area and the need for MANNING

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.