Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230745 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Gclan(m): 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
SiriusBlack: N.A Snipers...Frontlines of the North East.
oga siriusblack do the snipers have their own squad or how are they deployed to the front

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Gooci(m): 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
agaugust:

We have women. I don't like the idea. Putting our women in front of enemy bullets. We have enough men in Nigeria to do the job.
It's a good idea bro, it's called gender equality. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
Gclan: oga siriusblack do the snipers have their own squad or how are they deployed to the front
each squad probably have one or two snipers...#not sure

why yhu asking though? undecided
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by nwaanambra1(m): 3:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
An end to insurgency is what we want. An end to bombing of innocent citizens. An end to killing of officers and men not Photo shoots to post on facebook and Nairaland! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Gclan(m): 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
cirmuell: each squad probably have one or two snipers...#not sure

why yhu asking though? undecided
i just want to know how they are handled, BTW my best friend is a N.A sniper serving in Taraba state
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
femikay149:

@siriusblack the questions above
1. Gunfights can sometimes be intense...sometimes sporadic, sometimes short, sometimes for hours..the lenght of the gun battle will determine how much ammo is expended..Soldiers hardly run out of ammo because soldiers in FOBs are resupplied as at when needed.
2. Many people do not understand Guerilla Warfare, so its difficult for them to appreciate the efforts of troops at the front..The enemy is HIGHLY MOBILE...operatiing in guntrucks Technicals..Ambushes are more than possible under these conditions..and bases can easily be attacked..But still, the NA also uses Guerilla tactics against the Enemy...just this week, we popped over 50 of them at Bita..they were baited, the clowns came out in their hundreds, and they were swatted like flies..Guerilla style!
3. Morale is high!..Just depends on where you are posted..In you're in Maiduguri, Congrats! In Gwoza? Not so...happy..lol.....In conclusion...Morale is generally high.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
Troops receive last minute breifings from Officers before heading out..Godspeed boys, Godspeed...

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
NAF assets in Maiduguri...Used for Frontline Airstrikes against insurgents.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nigerian Troops...Frontlines of the North East.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
SiriusBlack:
1. Gunfights can sometimes be intense...sometimes sporadic, sometimes short, sometimes for hours..the lenght of the gun battle will determine how much ammo is expended..Soldiers hardly run out of ammo because soldiers in FOBs are resupplied as at when needed.
2. Many people do not understand Guerilla Warfare, so its difficult for them to appreciate the efforts of troops at the front..The enemy is HIGHLY MOBILE...operatiing in guntrucks Technicals..Ambushes are more than possible under these conditions..and bases can easily be attacked..But still, the NA also uses Guerilla tactics against the Enemy...just this week, we popped over 50 of them at Bita..they were baited, the clowns came out in their hundreds, and they were swatted like flies..Guerilla style!
3. Morale is high!..Just depends on where you are posted..In you're in Maiduguri, Congrats! In Gwoza? Not so...happy..lol.....In conclusion...Morale is generally high.

Pls give us detail how do yeye people were baited and wiped off. If possible tell us the weapons used against them so that I can help you guys think out more Counter Terrorism tactics to use send those guys to their houris(heavenly babes).
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
SiriusBlack: NAF assets in Maiduguri...Used for Frontline Airstrikes against insurgents.

Its a shame we can't produce jet fighters when India that gained independence in 1947( 13 years earlier) can produce jet planes and have almost if not produced an aircraft carrier ship.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 6:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Pls give us detail how do yeye people were baited and wiped off. If possible tell us the weapons used against them so that I can help you guys think out more Counter Terrorism tactics to use send those guys to their houris(heavenly babes).
I'm sorry, I can't give out such details..These are dangerous times and believe it or not, Boko Haram has sympathisers on Nairaland...For that reason, giving out details of operational tactics will be very naïve...I can
post anything else but not something that will put the lives of troops in danger..But I can answer the 2nd question...Weapons were basic...Suprise was the greatest element.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
SiriusBlack: I'm sorry, I can't give out such details..These are dangerous times and believe it or not, Boko Haram has sympathisers on Nairaland...For that reason, giving out details of operational tactics will be very naïve...I can
post anything else but not something that will put the lives of troops in danger..But I can answer the 2nd question...Weapons were basic...Suprise was the greatest element.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
That looks like a an amazon warrior woman wearing jungle camo and scanning with binoculars for banditos to light up with her well-worn AK rifle.

Women are evidently well represented in Nigeria's ongoing war on terror, and, in much the same way as female combat pilots often surpass their male colleagues in flying bravery and instincts, one imagines a few stories will be told in due course about female Nigerian soldiers who performed acts of mind-boggling bravery under withering enemy fire.

The only thing more fraught with mortal peril than riding the tiger, is stepping on the tail of the tigress.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cold(m): 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ahh..didn't realise this thread is back up and running!Now I can follow 'edge of the seat' frontline info.Good job sirius

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
SOME GOOD NEWS: BESIEGED TROOPS AT DELWA HAVE FINALLY BROKEN OUT..OVER 60 INSURGENTS KILLED....more info on the way...

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
Soldiers Arrive at Village ravaged by Boko Haram..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
Combat Alert: Frontlines of the North East.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by agaugust: 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
Gclan: oga siriusblack do the snipers have their own squad or how are they deployed to the front

Sir, that information maybe be classified/secret ops tactics, my personal opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
Cameroonian BIR trooper flanked by 2 Nigerian Army soldiers..Frontlines at Cameroonian Border.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
agaugust:

Sir, that information maybe be classified/secret ops tactics, my personal opinion though.
That is exactly why I did not reply his post...No soldier on the frontline ever sees them...putting their deployment details here is dangerous....Thanks for being on my side.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by dgitrader(m): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
SiriusBlack: SOME GOOD NEWS: BESIEGED TROOPS AT DELWA HAVE FINALLY BROKEN OUT..OVER 60 INSURGENTS KILLED....more info on the way...

glory be to God.
kudos to my gallant brothers. this is the greatest news of the year.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Gclan(m): 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
SiriusBlack: That is exactly why I did not reply his post...No soldier on the frontline ever sees them...putting their deployment details here is dangerous....Thanks for being on my side.
pardon my ignorance sir.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by dgitrader(m): 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
SiriusBlack: Soldiers Arrive at Village ravaged by Boko Haram..

these villagers seem to be at the mercy of these terrorist vampires, i think they should be given satellite phones, for alerting the NA and intel gathering. the phones should be bugged and gps trackable, just in case it falls into enemy hands.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Gclan: pardon my ignorance sir.
No need for apologies bro..Its just that the days are evil..we all have to be very careful..someone on this thread whose moniker I will not
respect enough to mention, posted a photo of Shekau..How more idiotic is that?...BH's closet supporters are everywhere...Still feel free to ask any questions..We are all Nigerians.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by IdomaLikita: 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
dgitrader:

these villagers seem to be at the mercy of these terrorist vampires, i think they should be given satellite phones, for alerting the NA and intel gathering. the phones should be bugged and gps trackable, just in case it falls into enemy hands.

Supported!
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by OCTAVO: 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
I've been a silent follower of this thread since day one. It has been so insightful!
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tempest01(m): 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
As with the bring back our girls campaign, I think we should start a campaign for the fg to kick start an air support unit for the NA...imagine the number of lives that could have been saved if an air support unit responds in the case of an ambush with apaches and gunships.

We should bring up ideas to drive this point home

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
tempest01: As with the bring back our girls campaign, I think we should start a campaign for the fg to kick start an air support unit for the NA...imagine the number of lives that could have been saved if an air support unit responds in the case of an ambush with apaches and gunships.

We should bring up ideas to drive this point home

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
Troops Transport..Frontlines of the North East.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 11:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
RIP to the soldiers we lost yesterday...God Bless the N.A.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.