Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230498 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Afroconnect: 4:51am On Sep 01, 2014
SiriusBlack: End of the Road For Mallam Hussaini(Insurgent Commander)..Imagine the look on his face when he finds out that there ar no 70 or whatever wives waiting for him.
Boko haram are the new zombies of our time.
Zombies only wants death-give that to them.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ResourceMan(m): 5:14am On Sep 01, 2014
PastorKun: Our 480 soldiers returning after fleeing to cameroon.

Get out of this thread and face religious sections. Is your brain made of saw dust, this picture has been on the internet for more than 4 years now, even ordinary google search will even confirm to a fool that your picures are fake. Why do half brained people always find one way or the other to discredit the Nigerian Army.
You are a disgrace, even women are part of the troops risking their lives for permanent ingrates like you.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Afroconnect: 5:41am On Sep 01, 2014
SiriusBlack: I'm sorry, I can't give out such details..These are dangerous times and believe it or not, Boko Haram has sympathisers on Nairaland...For that reason, giving out details of operational tactics will be very naïve...I can
post anything else but not something that will put the lives of troops in danger..But I can answer the 2nd question...Weapons were basic...Suprise was the greatest element.
Very wise siir,pls let us keep our tactics secret as many jihdi sympathizers and boko online recruits are on nairaland,facebook and twitter.

Let us use more techniques,these jihadists are zombies,more rtillery should be placed in ll bases to sweep out these jihadiss to hell-the fools have not yet realised that no virgins await them.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Afroconnect: 5:42am On Sep 01, 2014
SiriusBlack: I'm sorry, I can't give out such details..These are dangerous times and believe it or not, Boko Haram has sympathisers on Nairaland...For that reason, giving out details of operational tactics will be very naïve...I can
post anything else but not something that will put the lives of troops in danger..But I can answer the 2nd question...Weapons were basic...Suprise was the greatest element.
Very wise siir,pls let us keep our tactics secret as many jihdi sympathizers and boko online recruits are on nairaland,facebook and twitter.

Let us use more techniques,these jihadists are zombies,more artillery should be placed in ll bases to sweep out these jihadiss to hell-the fools have not yet realised that no virgins await them.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Degis(m): 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
ResourceMan:

Get out of this thread and face religious sections. Is your brain made of saw dust, this picture has been on the internet for more than 4 years now, even ordinary google search will even confirm to a fool that your picures are fake. Why do half brained people always find one way or the other to discredit the Nigerian Army.
You are a disgrace, even women are part of the troops risking their lives for permanent ingrates like you.

Oh, you are just knowing this Fellow. He has no reasons to be near sensible people

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Guyz is nairaland classifed from whatz going on in BAMA....pls hit us with info's.......@sirius black
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by juman(m): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hmmmmm

I remember generals alani akinrinade and yinka adebayo were also part of the democracy struggle after june 12 was annulled.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Zuria(f): 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
For those of you who rejoice when our soldiers are under attack, remember they are humans with family and friends...who decided to join the Military to defend And protect our nation even if it means paying the ultimate price...

The Nigerian military must win this war with the support of every Nigerian irrespective of tribe, religion or political affiliation....

Thank you, Nigerian Army and all military formation...we who are behind you exceeds those against you #keepingthepeace

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by IdomaLikita: 9:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
Has Bama fallen?
Only Nafeesa can confirm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
ResourceMan:

leave the fool o! I wish Sirius was here to censor these fools.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by overhypedsteve(m): 3:39am On Sep 02, 2014
patches689: I say this without the intention to insult or offend any members of this group.

I leave the proverbial "beef" in the other thread.

I would say that the biggest problem with the NA in the North is the lack of high mobility QRF formations and rapid response CAS and artillery support.

Patrolling the ground and seeking the enemy amongst the civilian population is extremely hard, even for nations such as the US, UK and France (see: Iraq, Afghanistan, Mali). Thus, difficulties will be inherent and one cannot really criticize the NA for that.

However, the fact that BH can attack NA bases as well as towns, villages and the like - and sustain the assault long enough to capture them or perform their atrocities is the biggest failing of the NA.

Consider the video they recently released (the one linked on this page of the forum). The second they hit that army outpost and town, the NAF should have scrambled CAS assets, heliborne or parachute QRF units should have been responding, and the force commander whom was under attack should have been able to call for fire support from artillery.

But this was clearly not the case. And, even 20-50 of the best men cannot hold out for long against such an overwhelming attack - defeat was inevitable. We can only thank god that some men got out of there alive.

So, in my humble opinion, solutions to the crisis and poor performance are:

1. Establishment of an air-bridge to better supply front-line units. This should be done via medium and heavy lift aircraft moving supplies forward to high-mobility "bush air-strips" where the cargo is then moved to Helo's and transported to the front
- creating an airborne logistical collum reduces the chances of BH ambushes on supply units
- this enables faster re-supply, mid battle if need be
- this enables better supply for units in hard to reach places
- better supply = better moral

2. Establishment of a QRF "umbrella" that covers the entire operational area.
- this should be comprised of artillery, CAS and air-assault infantry (look up the Rhodesian Light Infantry for an example of the finest QRF ever to exist)
- this will allow you to "ambush the ambusher", BH assaults on tactical or strategic or civilian locations could be turned into death traps (for BH) when air mobile formations are dropped to form "stopper groups" that cut off their egress routs, thus trapping BH between the men defending the location and the stopper groups
- Artillery and CAS will, at the very least enable defenders to do more damage to the enemy, making every battle more costly for BH and thus making them think twice about potential targets

3. The distribution of radio and communication equipment amongst village leaders and civilians - this will enable them to warn of sightings of BH formations, or raise early alarms in the case of an attack on a village, thus enabling the NA to deploy QRF units to respond

4. The formation, training and arming of a defensive orientated civilian militia whos dutys will be to defend their villages and farms, and bolster NA units during "sweeps" of areas. As locals their knowledge of their community and surroundings will be an invaluable asset to the NA

5. The creation of a NA unit to perform psuedo-ops. Again, we look to the Bush-War in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe for inspiration - The Selous Scouts. Their duties are simple, dress like BH, act like BH and lure the "real" BH out into ambushes. This is done simply - the psuedo operators are deployed in an area, they walk amongst the people, saying that they are BH and that they have been sent from [insert BH commanders name or training camp here] to bolster the local units. They make contact with local BH units and draw them out into the open where they can be destroyed by regular NA units (preferrably air-mobile units).

6. The intergration of all units operating in the AO in a mutually supporting formation.

Consult the pictures I have attached for a clearer idea.
plesw Sr do you have links on where i can get those comics
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PastorKun(m): 6:54am On Sep 02, 2014
celeron40: leave the fool o! I wish Sirius was here to censor these fools.

What is wrong with you badly brought up insolent children that have to resort to unwarranted insults based on a mistake I made. At best you correct me and move on. I got the pic off a site that stated same and decided to share it here. I in no way denigrated the NA, the fact that 480 of them fled to cameroon is confirmed public knowledge that we are all unhappy about. So what is to warrant all these senile insults been thrown around?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 9:06am On Sep 02, 2014
PastorKun:

What is wrong with you badly brought up insolent children that have to resort to unwarranted insults based on a mistake I made. At best you correct me and move on. I got the pic off a site that stated same and decided to share it here. I in no way denigrated the NA, the fact that 480 of them fled to cameroon is confirmed public knowledge that we are all unhappy about. So what is to warrant all these senile insults been thrown around?
i should not have insulted you....I'm sorry...it's just that the whole episode was shameful...to our Army and to Nigerians..

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:28am On Sep 02, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by LordMecuzy(m): 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
I Miss @Sirusblack.

My source of Real Info

Pls pals who's in control of Bama
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PastorKun(m): 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
celeron40: i should not have insulted you....I'm sorry...it's just that the whole episode was shameful...to our Army and to Nigerians..

Apology accepted. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 12:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
LordMecuzy: I Miss @Sirusblack.

My source of Real Info

Pls pals who's in control of Bama

We all should pray for Siriusblack in particular and the military in general. I pray that dude is still alive especially with the gist that Bama has fallen.

God help us all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
signz:

We all should pray for Siriusblack in particular and the military in general. I pray that dude is still alive especially with the gist that Bama has fallen.

God help us all
were did u get our source dat bama has fallen
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
giles14: were did u get our source dat bama has fallen

Am sorry but I'm just seeing them all over the net.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Josh316(m): 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
We need to pray for SirusBlack, hoping he is okay and well...

It's been hard to keep up with 57 pages of pure military enlightenment and pictures of gallant forces. However, I believe these past few weeks have been tough for the Army. The truth is that we are in a civil war, whether we like it or not, whether the Govt likes it or not.

It pains me to hear our soldiers killed because some people HAVE REFUSED to do the right thing. It pains me more that innocent villagers, men women, kids are slaughtered daily because people have failed to think on how to protect or evacuate them.

Despite the challenges, the Nigeria Army deserves our support anytime, any day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tonte(m): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
everyday I pray that Sirus Black is alive, as He is the only connection I've had to the battle field via this forum, he may, if he can, please confirm that he is still alive... thats not too much to ask... Long live Sirus Black, long live the Nigerian Army, long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
Comflicting report on who controls BAMA......I hope it not boko haram, coz if it them, I'll be very disappointed in Jona and his procurement with all dem Generals

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Fynline(m): 5:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by overhypedsteve(m): 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
ResourceMan:

lol meaning say im na woman wrapper?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by guente02(m): 11:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
I saw the op online.
Thank God He's Alive but too bad he cant update us on the state of Bama.
Too many conflicting stories.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by OCTAVO: 11:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
guente02: I saw the op online.
Yeah, thank God he's alive. I usually check his profile daily to see his last seen.
His last seen continually gives me hope that our prayers for him are always answered. So happy to see you online Siriusblack.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 7:49am On Sep 03, 2014
THISDAY confirmed the movement of about two trailer loads of over 30 tanks around 9 pm along the Abuja-Lokoja Expressway..................................is it possible 4 two trailer to lift 30 tanks or THisday don't just know what they are saying

http:///wGMpij6Hp0.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 8:04am On Sep 03, 2014

Thank God
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlord: 9:51am On Sep 03, 2014

Good, I saw he visited yesterday, BH nairaland groups will be very disappointed by now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.