Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE (25226 Views)

The first 5 things guys look at withing the first 50 secs. Of Meeting a lady / The First 5 Things Ladies Look At Within The First 50 Seconds Of Meeting A Guy / Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 24, 2014
yes na
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by onstelly(f): 7:31am On Jul 24, 2014
Is very much possible

1 Like

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by ideology(m): 7:33am On Jul 24, 2014
lasheez: Guys am just wondering if anyone has actually met a Nairalander,they've had a relationship with and possibly married.Is this really pissible? shocked
Very possible, i wasn't surprised on a thread, "blind date " a good number had theirs ending in marriage

1 Like

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by KelvinGraphics(m): 7:35am On Jul 24, 2014
softsparkyy:
Abeg leave teeo,
teeo wey go watch world cup follow brazilian girl waka.
gringringrin
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Wolison(m): 7:40am On Jul 24, 2014
softsparkyy: Who says you can't find love here?
me.....u girls always form classy and condescending!!

1 Like

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 24, 2014
zicoraads: 2sExy1...u couldn't have said it better, I am Christian, proudly, but the truth is, this religion is the most divided ever. Too many denominations and 'sects'.

The truth is, this baseless issue of 'I am this or that' in my church has left plenty girls single uptil the age of 30 and still counting. Personally I feel if two people actually love each other, church affiliation shouldn't even be an issue.

In the days of old, when a lady leaves her parents to her husband, everything of his' becomes her's. His name, where he worships and the lots. My dad is an elder in my church, an old and respected one for that matter. But we'll be going for my sister's white wedding in Sept, in a catholic church. He will be steping his foot in a catholic church for the first ttime.

This is what he always tells us, 'as long as the person is not a muslim, by all means, marry him and attend his church, after everthing, we are only running our own personal race'. And if as a guy my wife-to-be feels a certain degree of reluctance to join me where I worship, I would suggest that we both leave our churches to another church, a difft one entirely that we choose. But if she still insists on staying put, then am off. She never loved me in the first place.

OP...truly sorry for derailing ur thread. But as to ur question, the answer is yes. Love is everywhere.
Are u sure?
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 24, 2014
Wolison: me.....u girls always form classy and condescending!!
Na lie jor.

3 Likes

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by alextayo(m): 7:45am On Jul 24, 2014
zicoraads: 2sExy1...u couldn't have said it better, I am Christian, proudly, but the truth is, this religion is the most divided ever. Too many denominations and 'sects'.

The truth is, this baseless issue of 'I am this or that' in my church has left plenty girls single uptil the age of 30 and still counting. Personally I feel if two people actually love each other, church affiliation shouldn't even be an issue.

In the days of old, when a lady leaves her parents to her husband, everything of his' becomes her's. His name, where he worships and the lots. My dad is an elder in my church, an old and respected one for that matter. But we'll be going for my sister's white wedding in Sept, in a catholic church. He will be steping his foot in a catholic church for the first ttime.

This is what he always tells us, 'as long as the person is not a muslim, by all means, marry him and attend his church, after everthing, we are only running our own personal race'. And if as a guy my wife-to-be feels a certain degree of reluctance to join me where I worship, I would suggest that we both leave our churches to another church, a difft one entirely that we choose. But if she still insists on staying put, then am off. She never loved me in the first place.

OP...truly sorry for derailing ur thread. But as to ur question, the answer is yes. Love is everywhere.

Sincere apology to the OP for derailing this thread.

My two sisters were married to non-Catholics and from that day they followed their husbands to their husbands place of worship. It is a known fact that the wedding will take place in a woman's church but it is also a known fact that she ceases to be a member of that church after her wedding. Why would she be head strong on following the dictates of her pastor. why would she insist on subjecting me to a pre-courtship interview with her pastor and probably if the pastor didn't like my gut, he will tell her that I am not the chosen one.

God knows I love her but I cant settle for less. Its like marrying someone with incompatible genotype all because of love

12 Likes

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Wolison(m): 7:45am On Jul 24, 2014
MzMariah: Na lie jor.
that's the gospel truth ooo
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by zicoraads: 7:48am On Jul 24, 2014
MzMariah: Are u sure?
Sure about what?
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by McLove(m): 7:48am On Jul 24, 2014
I met one here early this year and we started dating but the rest na history...
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by jnrbayano(m): 7:52am On Jul 24, 2014
alextayo: I met one sweet pretty lady here last year. We were actually planning to settle down when irreconcilable differences about religious belief reared its ugly head. I am a conservative Catholic (and can NEVER change for any denomination) while she is Pentecostal. She wants me to meet her pastor for courtship approval which i dont really subscribe to but intend to do since a lady has right over wedding plans. Then then took things further by declaring that

1) she wont attend my church after wedding because she is also an active member in her Pentecostal church

2) I will leave my Catholic faith and join her church because she wants her husband to support her future calling. (future calling my ass)

3)lastly she wants the kids to also attend her church.

How can I, a staunch catholic, Choirmaster and Organist be going west and my family will be going east on sunday to worship God...the family that prays together stays together.....that the end of our story

Intelligence! Wow!!

4 Likes

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by lilmax(m): 7:52am On Jul 24, 2014
I dont think i can date a female nairalander
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2014

na so my brother... Let people keep deceiving themeselves.

In end, the owners of churches care about "their own circle" and not the congregations.

My neighbour was a front seat occupier in our former church. He was same kingsman as the GO. He adhered to the doctorines of the GO, He Fasted as the GO intructed... He Tithed as the GO instructed, even when he had no robust investment after retirement pay. He was a pentioneer and often had to go through labourous routines to receive monthly pention fees...

One day he fell ill and another took note. This name was the first to spot his depreciating appearance. But the man adhered to the doctrine of GO, to fast and pray... Instead of going for medical treatments.

Until his illness became complicated without reversal. He finally succumbed but it was too late already!

Now, we took the kids to go and see GO so that he may be aware of what had happened to his member and if need be, make any annoucement or donation for the same cause.

We were barred from entering.

Look, you see those tithes, and offerings that people FREELY give? Let there be a cause for church to also give FREELY, and then you will see them guiding "their investment" and become apprehensive, clutching to those monies like super glue.

In the end, nothing was donated, not even announcement, was aired to the congregations.

I remember one pastor told my younger sister if it was their money that was used to by a bus owned by the "church" when people where rushing to enter.

The Nigerian type church is something else...

Where is the love and are we not serving same jesus or God?

The only one I can't agree to is white garment church such as cele or cherubims.

My aunt gave her land, a full plot, to a cele church(pastor). I was in a car with same pastor years ago because I had to go show him something. I heard him say if he travels abroad, he would go on to make a lot of money and come back to build mansion. A pastor!

A few weeks back, I saw a souvernir with a picture of a young dude of about 21. Prophet xyz was inscribed on it... I shook my head and wonder what is happening.

Where is the love... Let's not decieve ourselves, everybody are fighting for their daily bread. Biko...

13 Likes

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by jnrbayano(m): 7:57am On Jul 24, 2014
softsparkyy: Who says you can't find love here?

Nobody said.

He just asked
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 24, 2014
softsparkyy:
Abeg leave teeo,
teeo wey go watch world cup follow brazilian girl waka.

Smh undecided
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 24, 2014
Wolison: that's the gospel truth ooo
That's fat lie. tongue
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 24, 2014
Olubukato cry
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by zicoraads: 8:00am On Jul 24, 2014
alextayo:

Sincere apology to the OP for derailing this thread.

My two sisters were married to non-Catholics and from that day they followed their husbands to their husbands place of worship. It is a known fact that the wedding will take place in a woman's church but it is also a known fact that she ceases to be a member of that church after her wedding. Why would she be head strong on following the dictates of her pastor. why would she insist on subjecting me to a pre-courtship interview with her pastor and probably if the pastor didn't like my gut, he will tell her that I am not the chosen one.

God knows I love her but I cant settle for less. Its like marrying someone with incompatible genotype all because of love
Yes, I know those stated facts are known facts. But are those not facts that have been laid down by our ancestors? Love shouldn't be about ' I have done this, so u also need to do this.' If She is still headstrong about her church, then she never even loved u enough. But if u also love her enough, then be open to the idea of the both of u moving to another church.

Love should ride above everything, even Christ was love. I wonder what He would say if He knew people are refusing to marry because of Him.

1 Like

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 24, 2014
teeo:

Smh undecided
Smb
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 24, 2014
jnrbayano:

Nobody said.

He just asked
I dey ask you
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Spanishmario(m): 8:06am On Jul 24, 2014
Sure anyfyn can happen...yu dnt knw who yu gonna fall in luv wiv
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 24, 2014
my friends who are with me on whatsapp,i was robbed off my phones,so i wont be online until two weeks time when i can arrange something.
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by zicoraads: 8:09am On Jul 24, 2014
I have fallen and even risen for lynpetra

But she insisted on seeing my acct details first
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by zicoraads: 8:11am On Jul 24, 2014
shocked shocked

lynpetra: my friends who are with me on whatsapp,i was robbed off my phones,so i wont be online until two weeks time when i can arrange something.

1 Like

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 24, 2014
softsparkyy: Smb
Leave Theo alone na, can't you see? The guy wan die on top cdamsel mata o. Free am abeg or else I go report you to cdamsel. grin
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 24, 2014
pasqal09: With the way NL ladies form?
That'll be a miracle if it should happen
Hmmmmmmm......I ll suprise u tongue

1 Like

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 24, 2014
MzMariah: Leave Theo alone na, can't you see? The guy wan die on top cdamsel mata o. Free am abeg or else I go report you to cdamsel. grin
Ok ma. teeo mariah don save you.
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by justi4jesu(f): 8:14am On Jul 24, 2014
All i see here are complains...

Testimony time plzzzzz cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 24, 2014
justi4jesu: All i see here are complains...

Testimony time plzzzzz cheesy
Yes I have.
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 24, 2014
MzMariah: Olubukato cry

Why u dey cry?
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 24, 2014
zicoraads: I have fallen and even risen for lynpetra

But she insisted on seeing my acct details first
which you have refused to send.Have faith,i might just beallergic to fat accountscheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Ask Out Their Friend's Girlfriend. / 6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences / How To Make A Lady Have Sex With You Even If She Refuses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.