Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Serious Fighting In Zaria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serious Fighting In Zaria (40041 Views)

Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead / Governor El-Rufai Allegedly Attacked In Zaria (Photos) / Breaking News: Serious Fighting Along Nasarawa Eggon-lafia. Many Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by mkoabiola: 11:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
Northerners nay die finish,hw many dem b way dem de kil evryday
Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by mike404(m): 11:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
Jimwalex:
??
YAW
Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by jakiedudu(m): 11:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
fkaz: Only fooools still believe in one nigeria
I do believe in one Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by Ebenezerk2: 11:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
They have been doing that for long now, when muslims are being killed in a foreign country, they will be fighting in the north
Idrismusty97: I hope Al jazeera or BBC wouldn't report this. This is so ridiculous... Like seriously? undecided

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
Israel and Hamas have just agreed a truce...I hope these idiots too will press pause.
Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by sebali: 11:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
rozayx5: if only the South West and accursed nuts therners could go their way so that we can live in peace

wen wud u igbos realize dat shud nigeria split......south south wont go with d east.....not in dis life....not in d nxt life....and not evn in a dream world.

EASTERNERS PLS WAKE UP FROM THIS SELF DECEIT

5 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by millionaireman: 11:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
Believers in One Nigeria? Only FOOLS and members of the POLITICAL CLASS whose bank accounts get swollen day by day from the hazzles of one Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by Akshow: 11:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
ZUBY77:

I used to think you know anything.
It is so easy for you to call a group stupiddd,ignorant, sillyyy and foolish in a single comment.
Has it ever occurred to you that the church you attend is foolish to some people.
stop spewing raaawbish. If christians take to d street in Nig to protest say for example killings in jerusalem I would have still use the same silly, foolish and ignorant adjective for them.

Beside I don't even get ur point here. Are u jus quoting me cos u want to be noticed? u made no sense at all. Well u have been noticed u can now zoom off.

Some foools did not take to the street to protest boko haram that is eating up d whole north but they had d strength to protest a war in far away philistine and u have the guts to question y I insult them. Is Nigeria or the zaria they are protesting Israel or America? Guy mind ursef o. No jus even try provoke me.

17 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by millionaireman: 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
sebali:

wen wud u igbos realize dat shud nigeria split......south south wont go with d east.....not in dis life....not in d nxt life....and not evn in a dream world.

You can take southsouth with you if their people agree. But you are deceiving yourself. Crude oil is a curse if it is found in a discordant country.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by mike404(m): 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
sebali:

WHY IS THIS HAUSA SLAVE TRYING TO DERAIL THIS THREAD. NGWAKWE OYA DO THE NEEDFUL ASAP angry

3 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by Gynacologist(m): 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
banega: Ugo? When will you relocate?? undecided
aniym wa him mk moni e go relocate
Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 26, 2014
Mumuity of the highest order.....
Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by HARDUBUY(m): 12:00am On Jul 26, 2014
Akshow: confirmed news. I heard this zakzaky followers that wear black took to the streets ready to cause chaos in demonstrations for their Muslims brothers killed in Gaza. very hilarious but true.

so soldiers were deployed around the city to keep them calm.

My question is should we term their erratic behavior as stupidity, ignorance or just plainly silly? Have they protested for their muslim brothers killed in kaduna boko haram blast two days ago? No! But they have the strength to protest over a war thousands of miles away in another country. They are indeed very foooolish. Abeg make them give them visa go Gaza go riot.
What is Bad is Bad!...The soldiers had absolute NO right to kill anyone protesting peacefully.... the location of the incident in question Doesn't matter...there were protest all over the world concerning the Chibok girls abduction...No form of killings occured in those countries......But when it comes to muslims the people in charge turn the table around...it just shows how bigotic and sentimental the southerners and christains are in Nigeria....Mr askhow....this time u got it wrong...the soldiers should havee waited to protect the execrise or follow another path....U cant compare the lifes lost with the innocent protest action carried out!

5 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by millionaireman: 12:02am On Jul 26, 2014
sebali:

You can take southsouth with you if their people accept you. Crude oil is a curse in any discordant country. Stop deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by Idrismusty97(m): 12:03am On Jul 26, 2014
Ebenezerk2: They have been doing that for long now, when muslims are being killed in a foreign country, they will be fighting in the north
I think sending them to Gaza is a good idea. Iran a country of over 90% Muslims protest against the killing of Gaza without violence, Australia protest, Norway protest and even the Palestinians themselves protest in the West Bank without violence but just look at these people. Sending them to Gaza is an excellent idea! Our army should just bundle them and send them there to go and fight as much as they want. Anyone who want to fight should go and board free planes. What kind of rubbish is this?

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by MaxWellStores(m): 12:03am On Jul 26, 2014
ugo4u: There is heavy and sporadic shootout btw the military and unidentified people in zaria anyone in the ancient city what is the situation in ur area? Will come back for updates

I think its high time I really throw my "full weight". In on this - this careless use of the tongue!

You see, dear fellow citizenry; the fact that ugly things happen daily in, and around our daily lives, doesn't mean they'd remain so forever! Ugly things MUST happen. Even the Holy Word of God says it in the Book of Prophet Isaiah 54:15, .."Behold, they shall SURELY gather together, BUT NOT BY ME:..." (Emphasis, mine).

But, there is an escape already put forth by God! See the part b of the same scripture and it reads.."WHOSOEVER shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake." Notice God didn't say to His sake, but for thy (you and me) sake?

How in goodness do we then appropriate this "fall for they sake" entitlement or promise?!

Simple!!! God's Word makes use understand that our tongue holds ENORMOUS POWER! Even Him created the entire world by His Words, and He also created us in His image and likeness! Meaning, we share in His likeness - Power in the tongue! (Gen 1:26,28)

Proverbs 18:21 says, "DEATH and LIFE are in the POWER of the TONGUE: and THEY that LOVE it shall EAT THE FRUIT thereof" (emphasis, mine). So, this proves to us, that we all have power in our tongues! When ugly things befall us or our loved ones or in or around our communities or nation, what we speak with our mouths goes a long way to either quell or ignite the circumstances or situations! Remember, DEATH and LIFE are both in our tongues!

Now, what are we expected to do as patrotic and lovers of peace? How are we to appropriate that escape God had fashioned for us?

The Book of Saint Matthew. 18:19 reads, "Again I say unto you (we, Nairalanders), that if TWO (all of us) shall AGREE on earth as TOUCHING ANYTHING that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."

Mark 11:22-23 says, "And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith (the God-kind) in God. For verily I say unto you, that WHOSOEVER shall SAY unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not DOUBT in his HEART (spirit, and not your organ- heart), but shall BELIEVE that those things which he SAITH shall come to pass; he shall have WHATSOEVER he SAITH."

All the scriptures listed on there all tie to the tongue - the POWER of our tongues!!! Rather than say negative and sacarstic, cheap and self-centred driven points of no real value and undertone, why DON'T WE USE OF TONGUE POWER (in agreement, that is!) To cause changes -positive ones, in our Nation! After all, God says.."Pray for the peace of 'Jerusalem', for therein lie YOUR PEACE"

Speak what you want to see! Not what you perceive by your ineffective human senses! Man can never correct the troubles of the world by his senses, unless via the Word of God!

Your feelings are inconsequential! They are baseless! The Word is what matters! It works!!! What do we have to loose, other than to prove it? 1Thessalonians 5:21

There's POWER (dunamis) in the tongue! We're not the ones to do the job, God is! Its his Word, not ours, and He says to use it, we simply obey and "eat the fruit thereof!"

Use Your Tongue for Life, and not Death for Nigeria.
GOD BLESSED NIGERIA..HE BLESSED US, TOO! (Not God bless, Nigera..and you, too. He already did when He sent Jesus to die for ALL Nations. John 3:16)

Night folks!
Wisdon is profitable to apply..it is a force that compels.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by tpraiz(m): 12:04am On Jul 26, 2014
Presntly in zaria samaru en nufin iz happening.........
Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by iamtheprincipal: 12:09am On Jul 26, 2014
dgitrader: no matter what, human life is human life, your sentiment towards these unfortunate lost souls is misplaced. Lets exercise some sense of civility for Gods sake, we nigerians havent descended as low as wild animals

What is your point here
Because I can't get it
Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by SlamDunk(m): 12:11am On Jul 26, 2014
ugo4u:
Bro we gonna straff d modafuckers first b4 any shit.... As 4 Biafra I can't say a word, am a Nigerian soldier and am not gonna rest till we kill(the fools) to our fill.
. I like this guy.... U dey talk like sharp guy, but if u go let mallam kih u for north you Bleep up o. God sef go vex for you.
Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by babestella: 12:11am On Jul 26, 2014
MoneyGreen: We Condemn the Unwarranted Attack on Muslim Brothers In Zaria.

Friday 25-07-14 is a sad day, akin to a black Friday, in which some security agents of the federal republic of Nigeria, soldiers by the khaki they wore, gunned down, as at the time of writing this press release, 13  Innocent fasting Muslim brothers,

who were peacefully voicing their discontent with the unfortunate massacre of Palestinians by Israel. Zaria residents are a witness to the peaceful nature of the procession which took off from Sabon Gari Jumaat mosque up to its termination point at Kofar Doka, Zaria City.

Nobody was molested let alone his property. Infact the leader of the procession was delivering his speech, when some soldiers attacked the participants of the procession who were at PZ Junction in Zaria.In the ensuing melee, 10 people were killed by the soldiers, 40 were shot and now receiving treatment. And among the killed is a Muslim Sister together with her child on her back and the son of Shaikh Zakzaky, Mahmud Ibraheem Zakzaky. Also among those shot by the soldiers are two Muslim sisters. Not only that, the soldiers went away with 3 children of Sheikh Zakzaky, namely Ahmad, Hameed and Ali.

As of now their whereabouts is still unknown. We vehemently condemn this vicious atrocity committed by the soldiers on us. Why should we be attacked? Whom did we provoked during the peaceful procession? Who authorised this attack? Who participated in the attack among the soldiers? These are some of the questions the security operatives in the state need to answer us and the public.

Also we demand the unconditional release of Sheikh Zakzaky's children in soldiers custody and other Muslim brothers they might be holding. And should anything happen to them, we will hold the authorities responsible! This is not the first peaceful procession carried out by Muslim brothers in Zaria. In fact due to its peaceful nature residents in Zaria don't consider it as an unusual event that calls for caution. Another proof of the peaceful nature of the procession is the fact that it was staged today in Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto, Katsina, Potiskum, Jos, Bauchi, Gombe, and many other towns in Northern Nigeria and all ended peacefully. So why should the one in Zaria be an exception? The authorities should explain. The casualty figures might increase, God willing we will keep the public informed of the Transgressor in Nigeria.

Signed ABDULHAMID BELLO

Below is Sayyid Mahmud Zakzaky killed by the soldiers in Zaria, and some of the martyrs.

shut up your stinking mouth, what ever your name is, I can see how sick you are. It shows clearly that you all are terrorist. The government is still trying to contain boko haram and you and your deranged terrorist elements are trying to create more chaos which will certainly give your boko haram brother a better leverage to attack innocent people and the military.

Why are you protesting Isreal and palestine, I can see that you are happy Hamas your terrorist brothers are busy sending rockets into Israel not minding if it lands in a hospital or play grounds or even market, now that Israel is fighting back, you people are making noise. As far as your protest is in support of hamas, the military will kill all of you.

if hamas is sent out of Palestine, there will be fresh peace in Palestine, but as long as hamas keeps telling your sick Palestinian muslims what to do, you people will not have rest.

By the way, where is the Palestinian president, has he been bullied away by hamas? just asking. Mr. Bello, you make me laugh. Go and get a job and stop supporting global terrorism.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by joshrare(m): 12:11am On Jul 26, 2014
This is a clear indication that peace is not imminent in nigeria, 1st militants, 2nd boko haram, this is the third in the making.

FG wake up to your responsibilities
Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by jhidey08(m): 12:13am On Jul 26, 2014
I jst hope all diz violence stops one day.

Islam is peace,
Islam is our religion,
Islam is perfect, I'm nt,
If I do sumthing wrong,
Blame me, don't blame my religion.

Diz hausa pple r jst daft irrespective of religion, ask ABUsites and u'll knw wot I'm saying. Dey believe if u're nt an Hausa man, u're against dem, even if u're a Muslim. My resumption don get xtension b dat.

5 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by Akshow: 12:15am On Jul 26, 2014
HARDUBUY:
What is Bad is Bad!...The soldiers had absolute NO right to kill anyone protesting peacefully.... the location of the incident in question Doesn't matter...there were protest all over the world concerning the Chibok girls abduction...No form of killings occured in those countries......But when it comes to muslims the people in charge turn the table around...it just shows how bigotic and sentimental the southerners and christains are in Nigeria....Mr askhow....this time u got it wrong...the soldiers should havee waited to protect the execrise or follow another path....U cant compare the lifes lost with the innocent protest action carried out!
U made some good observation but I will like to ask u a question. Is Nigeria palestine? Or Gaza? Or Israel? They seized the entire pz road and d soldiers on their way to patrol waited for the for over forty minutes so they can pass through but they didn't bulge. The various bring back our gals campaign across d globe wasn't aggressive and forceful. U know d volatile nature of d north. I can bet u anything that from this small demonstration, the next thing is dat they will start burning down churches, hotels, beer palours etc if the are not dispersed. I was born, bred, raised and schooled in d north, Zaria to be precise so Trust me when I tell u that were they not dispersed, something tragic would have happened.

6 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by Wadosky(m): 12:15am On Jul 26, 2014
Now another boko haram in the making, why can't we drink and drop cup for this people!
What kind of curse is this!
Good must triumph over evil.
We will trample upon you and you will do us no harm.
Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by duni04(m): 12:16am On Jul 26, 2014
it is on record that the Boko Haram crisis started after a hitherto peaceful Islamic group was provoked into violence by harassment and extra judicial killing of their members. The killings were not systemic or ordered but occurred because poorly trained policemen who had little knowledge on how to tame riots and crowd control suddenly embarked on a killing spree. That was how boko haram became radicalised. Now with this knowledge on how boko haram emerged, is it wise for security operatives to start shooting at innocent and defenceless demonstrators carrying out a peaceful rally? Is the federal government preparing to provoke another islamic group into carrying up arms to defend themselves?

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by piagetskinner(m): 12:16am On Jul 26, 2014
Plain stupidity
Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by olumuyiolaoluwa: 12:17am On Jul 26, 2014
1.Did u inform the Police that u are going to carry out a peacful protest? 2. U guyz know how volitile Kaduna is and ... Abeg make I sleep to b continued.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 26, 2014
wish i could like this post a quad-zillion times

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by fasbat(m): 12:19am On Jul 26, 2014
ugo4u: There is heavy and sporadic shootout btw the military and unidentified people in zaria anyone in the ancient city what is the situation in ur area? Will come back for updates
nigeria on d brinks! Where are d true patriots? So under GEJ ,ds country will cease to function as 1? History will be unkind to so many people...
Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by duni04(m): 12:19am On Jul 26, 2014
Akshow: U made some good observation but I will like to ask u a question. Is Nigeria palestine? Or Gaza? Or Israel? They seized the entire pz road and d soldiers on their way to patrol waited for the for over forty minutes so they can pass through but they didn't bulge. The various bring back our gals campaign across d globe wasn't aggressive and forceful. U know d volatile nature of d north. I can bet u anything that from this small demonstration, the next thing is dat they will start burning down churches, hotels, beer palours etc if the are not dispersed. I was born, bred, raised and schooled in d north, Zaria to be precise so Trust me when I tell u that were they not dispersed, something tragic would have happened.
Seizing the road for forty minutes for a peaceful protest justifies killing them?

1 Like

Re: Serious Fighting In Zaria by HARDUBUY(m): 12:19am On Jul 26, 2014
Dragonking: Islam is a curse to mankind i swear.
U are a waste of sperm!...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Quilox: Akin Alabi Accuses Police Of Demanding Bribe To Release Impounded Cars / Niger Bridge At Risk Of Collapse, Igbo Group Cries Out / Magu: Recovered Vehicles Auctioned To Presidential Villa, Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.