Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (39153 Views)

Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 01, 2014
Una neva hear? Na cHEQUE dem dey use propose to som babes nw o. Just write lyk 7 figures, dangle d cheque 4 d babe front whyl u dey ask her, 'will u marry me'? grin Make i hear say she no gree. Courtesy: Bovi
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Shollay20(m): 7:02am On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Bitojoe(m): 7:31am On Sep 01, 2014
MrsBreezy:

What's shikena?

final,
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Imoy(m): 7:40am On Sep 01, 2014
priest2u: @op some women dont care about the ring thing, I propose to my fiancee without ring and she was so happy. Later I got her a cheap ring of 80,000 naira , she even sleeps with the ring on her finger lol. so its love that matters. my 2kobo.
Bros u mean say ring of 80k na hin cheap? Hehehehe ok oh.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by priscaoge(f): 7:42am On Sep 01, 2014
Ekundayo7:
Is true. I saw one list that would stock a market stall. Tinned milks, biscuits, bags of rice, sugar, salt, noodle, goats, chicken, etc. It is nonsense. As long as the boy is bringing pepper, honey, salt, yam, etc for a traditional meeting with the family, that is what is important, respect and willingness to sit down and consummate the deal by lowering head to the man of the house and father of the bride, both sides offering in good faith and wishes for a sweet union.
Lwkmdcheesycheesycheesy...I witnessed same scenario somewhere. The guy in question is from my kindred,he bought all that was written in d list. Omo if u see list eeeh,I swear u won't marry her again(Nothing wey no dey d list) During d traditional marriage,something happened. When it was time for d girl to show who her husband is with d palmwine,her kinsmen said they won't play any music that it's a critical moment. After a long argument d lady agreed. Then one man said that d husband should use 5k to wash d cup 1st before pouring palmwine in itshockedshockedshockedshocked. Another wahala,d guy refused because @ this moment he's getting fed up with d whole thing. He later paid 3k. Then after d ceremony,time to present d required items for d kinsmen,omo na here d real wahala burst. They insisted that d guy should add 15k to d items. Reason? That it's included in new list,that d girl's father didn't give d guy their new list. The guy was mad,he swore never to give them a kobo. They locked d lady in one room. Omo d guy told us to enter motor say em don marry finish,he abandoned d girl and was about to live. It was a very serious problem ooo. The girl n her mother was crying and shouting. Later they released her when they saw that we are serious to abandon her. It was a bitter experience.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by chucky234(m): 7:54am On Sep 01, 2014
avuekwe:

Yes o, sometimes in the case of engagement rings, all that glitter is neither gold nor silver.
The angel I have been searching for is here, my lucky day.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 01, 2014
Bitojoe:

final,

Lol thank you
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by nkluvbaby(f): 8:17am On Sep 01, 2014
priest2u: @op some women dont care about the ring thing, I propose to my fiancee without ring and she was so happy. Later I got her a cheap ring of 80,000 naira , she even sleeps with the ring on her finger lol. so its love that matters. my 2kobo.
What will u call a ring that's worth 5k or less ?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by elohorayodele: 8:41am On Sep 01, 2014
jashar: Choi OP. You just reminded me. I don't care if my gown is #2000 or if the whole ceremony costs #3000,but that ring ehn must come from only 3 jewellers.
1.Tacori.
2.Cartier.
3.Tiffany.
That's all.grin

Na all this kain tin sista nkechi talk till she clock 45 n still de single n searching!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 01, 2014
BananaBender:

Name one benefit of marriage to women in the long run.
na their career oh. If no be marriages, some women no get...
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 01, 2014
xynerise:
Fixed

Lol...omo u bad gan-an!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 01, 2014
priscaoge:
Lwkmdcheesycheesycheesy...I witnessed same scenario somewhere. The guy in question is from my kindred,he bought all that was written in d list. Omo if u see list eeeh,I swear u won't marry her again(Nothing wey no dey d list) During d traditional marriage,something happened. When it was time for d girl to show who her husband is with d palmwine,her kinsmen said they won't play any music that it's a critical moment. After a long argument d lady agreed. Then one man said that d husband should use 5k to wash d cup 1st before pouring palmwine in itshockedshockedshockedshocked. Another wahala,d guy refused because @ this moment he's getting fed up with d whole thing. He later paid 3k. Then after d ceremony,time to present d required items for d kinsmen,omo na here d real wahala burst. They insisted that d guy should add 15k to d items. Reason? That it's included in new list,that d girl's father didn't give d guy their new list. The guy was mad,he swore never to give them a kobo. They locked d lady in one room. Omo d guy told us to enter motor say em don marry finish,he abandoned d girl and was about to live. It was a very serious problem ooo. The girl n her mother was crying and shouting. Later they released her when they saw that we are serious to abandon her. It was a bitter experience.
Nice gist but saddly we can't do a thing on d grammar.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Sammyblaq(m): 9:08am On Sep 01, 2014
priscaoge:
the girl no get father? Because na uncles dey jonse reach like dat
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by priscaoge(f): 9:11am On Sep 01, 2014
ferdimako:
Nice gist but saddly we can't do a thing on d grammar.
It's obvious u are a dunce! My post is not 4 those that cannot read. Thanks
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by priscaoge(f): 9:17am On Sep 01, 2014
Sammyblaq:
the girl no get father? Because na uncles dey jonse reach like dat
The man is alive. I don't know if he was scared of been fined by his kinsmen. The girl's uncles just spoilt her day.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Adaeze003(f): 9:23am On Sep 01, 2014
haibe:

The fact that a man gives you a cheap ring does not mean he is not financially stable. One secret to prolonged and an exciting relationship is contentment and appreciation. What if he uses the money to plan for something better for you? You never can tell. I know a lot of couples who after spending a lot on engagement ring, do not share anything else valuable.

Just to let you know, if you aren't contented with the cheap ring he gives you, it may cause a lot of havoc in that relationship unknowingly because he surely b would never be happy with you.

A lot of marriage that has been successful is mainly as a result of contentment on the part of the couples.

You wanna do something more meaningful with the money rii? Then do just that n 4get engagement ring. I intend to wear the ring always so I dont need it washing away, mixing with sweat n getting into my pores biko.

Just don't deny me a good wedding band. I'm more particular about that.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Toeyean1507(f): 9:25am On Sep 01, 2014
All I want is a man to call 'my own'. Who'll be aware of my excesses and still wanna spend d rest of his life tagged with me. Abi, what's d essence of an expensive diamond dat might be tossed somewhere someday. Make he use d money set up business for our future kids jo. Whether ring or no ring,na u I go marry!

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by dammytosh: 9:26am On Sep 01, 2014
YEs oooo

The more the quality of the ring, the more serious he is.

Guess u are not yet hitting 35yrs of age.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by haibe(m): 9:30am On Sep 01, 2014
Adaeze003:

You wanna do something more meaningful with the money rii? Then do just that n 4get engagement ring. I intend to wear the ring always so I dont need it washing away, mixing with sweat n getting into my pores biko.

Just don't deny me a good wedding band. I'm more particular about that.

And what if he decides to change it yearly for you?

What if he refuses to buy you an expensive ring? you would cancel the engagement?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Otamayomi1(f): 9:35am On Sep 01, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol basically, would u care if you were proposed to with a crappy ring or a really nice one ? Is it the thought that counts ?
[color=#990000][/color]
A nice cute 1. Say silver coloured 1 or beta stil diamond ring or necklace.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by haibe(m): 9:37am On Sep 01, 2014
priscaoge:

lmao you are joking right? Or Is this real?

hahaha money has been destroying relationships since 10000BC
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 01, 2014
Yes!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by joylicious(f): 10:32am On Sep 01, 2014
Its nt abt d package of d ring,but abt the intentions he has for our future...
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by priscaoge(f): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2014
haibe:

lmao you are joking right? Or Is this real?

hahaha money has been destroying relationships since 10000BC
My dear it's not a hearsay..I witnessed d trado myself. The guy in question is one of my Kinsmen I went there with them.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Debbylizzy(f): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2014
[quote
author=MrCork]

^^^^ guys,u see how they lie?...ask her wot bus goes to
Peckam and she suddenly change topic and started talkin about
train....so u own a train at home?
..abi?.. Black women!!!

undecided[/quote]

so funny! crying while laughing...u really make my moment...
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Adaeze003(f): 11:08am On Sep 01, 2014
haibe:

And what if he decides to change it yearly for you?

What if he refuses to buy you an expensive ring? you would cancel the engagement?

You'll rather buy a ring yearly than buy a good one that'll last 4 years? Abeg joor...
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Sammyblaq(m): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2014
priscaoge:
The man is alive. I don't know if he was scared of been fined by his kinsmen. The girl's uncles just spoilt her day.
i cant train my daughter(adaobi) to a ripe age...during her marriage rite person go kum dey interfere. Igbaga ara¿
Marriage is continues...not just dat day alone. Me and My son-in-law go be man.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by maxisfield(f): 11:42am On Sep 01, 2014
D ring shud haff quality naa..we sure knw it dosnt prove love, buh if u love her u shud engage her wit a quality ring abi u wan buy aboki ring undecided
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Titiladeolu(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by priscaoge(f): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2014
Sammyblaq:
i cant train my daughter(adaobi) to a ripe age...during her marriage rite person go kum dey interfere. Igbaga ara¿
Marriage is continues...not just dat day alone. Me and My son-in-law go be man.
Lol...even those interfering don't even know how u suffered to train her to that age or even contributed a dine. My elder bro really dealt with d greedy ones among them when my Sis got married. They are just greedy that's all.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by peteafrik88(m): 12:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Adaeze003: Hmm... I think I'm logical in my dealings so it depends. So you gave me a cheap ring coz its love that matters? I hope you won't mind if I don't use it after that night? It's the love that matters rii? If you won't mind then I guess I'll consider... But then again, to get married, one must be financially stable ie, have a steady source of income(doesn't matter how much) so, if you do have a source of income, what's your excuse 4 getting me something that'll wash out in a month?

If you don't believe you must give me a ring to prove anything then don't! Carry on with marriage rights without it after all its not our culture.

So yes, I care 4 the type of ring. It must be worth something or none at all...

I am a man and I totally agree. Just because its all about Love, you mustnt get the cheapest rock out there. Marriage or engagement are meant to be a one in a lifetime thing for both and I will always suggest, even to be kids to come to put a lil extra bucks in for that. Something not too extravagant if you dont have much, but if you do have the bucks, spend some more extra extra for that shit...
You no want make you own fiancee snap the rock and upload to IG too.
Dont dull, mate...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

What Qualities Do You Look Out For Before Agreeing On A Date? / All My Efforts To Settle Down This Year Is Failing / Man Prostrates To His Fiancee's Mum After Marriage Proposal (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.