Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,088 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (39151 Views)

Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
jmoore: I won't propose to her with a ring.
MrsBreezy:

So what will you use?
...his joystick , direct! ...cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by MrCork: 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
Atmmachine:

Your post annoys me
No offense, bro

...ma post annoy u?..how? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by zubby29(m): 9:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
omolizzy:

Omo u fine o. Even if I wan follow u ladies too plenty haba na only u.
primary. tank u my dear.u 2 self over fine.c follow me sweet.dem just dey follow me nothing more. hugs
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
AdeniyiA:

...his joystick , direct! ...cheesy

Lol hehehe
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by zubby29(m): 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
omolizzy:

Omo u fine o. Even if I wan follow u ladies too plenty haba na only u.
Gud bit lizzy hope you enjoyed your weekend
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Taiye4Christ(m): 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
dania30:
Yea or these wink
Hmmm... which of them do you want in particular? or you want all?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by zubby29(m): 9:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
adekennis:
..Lol..I just checked hin profile now to confirm wetin u talk..d guy na woman wrapper.. cheesy
lol . boss no vex.i got to un follow all d girls so dat serious ones go com
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by kevoh(m): 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
Is engagement ring derived from African culture or another unnecessary undecided baggage culture we imported from Oyibo ? How were our forefathers getting married back in the day?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Agbgift(f): 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
As far as I have found sincere love and happiness , the cost of engagement ring doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by charlito94(m): 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
Some ring na life tym handcuff ooo prison wey u no fit even piss well.

Engaging sum1 is a different thing n u fulfilling dat is anoda thingmarriage customarily is a union for life which literally connotes sentence to life imprisonment.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Bitojoe(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy: Question - Engagement rings, how many of you actually care about how much it costs.. Or is it about the thought of him actually getting the band telling you he wants to spend the rest of your life with you. Which is it ( appearance or love? ?)

it doesn't matter. You can borrow ring from another married couple.you return it after
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bitojoe:

it doesn't matter. You can borrow ring from another married couple.you return it after

Eh! Lol why would you do that?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy: Question - Engagement rings, how many of you actually care about how much it costs.. Or is it about the thought of him actually getting the band telling you he wants to spend the rest of your life with you. Which is it ( appearance or love? ?)
both.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nobleval: both.

I agree!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

I agree!
nice pix btw.. smiley
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nobleval: nice pix btw.. smiley

Thank you smiley you too!! And I like your signature.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by omolizzy(f): 10:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
zubby29: primary. tank u my dear.u 2 self over fine.c follow me sweet.dem just dey follow me nothing more. hugs

Dats good hope u aving fun? N tanx for d compliment
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Thank you smiley you too!! And I like your signature.
..Awww..everybody does. Thank you smiley
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nobleval: ..Awww..everybody does. Thank you smiley

You're welcome smiley
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Ishilove: 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
Story. I know some ladies who wore the ring for up seven years. They only got wiser when they saw their first grey hair. tongue

I don't really care for the ring. Its just appearances. I'd rather he just do the tin sharp sharp than tie someone's destiny down with one kpanda ring.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ishilove:
Story. I know some ladies who wore the ring for up seven years. They only got wiser when they saw their first grey hair. tongue

I don't really care for the ring. Its just appearances. I'd rather he just do the tin sharp sharp than tie someone's destiny down with one kpanda ring.

Mhm I keep hearing about this engagement for over a year...Ehm maybe this is a Nigerian custom cause I've never seen it here...
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
Adaeze003: Hmm... I think I'm logical in my dealings so it depends. So you gave me a cheap ring coz its love that matters? I hope you won't mind if I don't use it after that night? It's the love that matters rii? If you won't mind then I guess I'll consider... But then again, to get married, one must be financially stable ie, have a steady source of income(doesn't matter how much) so, if you do have a source of income, what's your excuse 4 getting me something that'll wash out in a month?

If you don't believe you must give me a ring to prove anything then don't! Carry on with marriage rights without it after all its not our culture.

So yes, I care 4 the type of ring. It must be worth something or none at all...
with your kpomo mouth? Na expensive ring you dey find,u go old
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Ishilove: 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Mhm I keep hearing about this engagement for over a year...Ehm maybe this is a Nigerian custom cause I've never seen it here...

Over a year is quite short. A girl who was my coursemate in the uni was engaged to her boify for five years before the whole thing fell apart.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by okzcorp: 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
MANY SINGLE LADIEZ from theIR comments we know them all. lipsrsealed
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ishilove:
Over a year is quite short. A girl who was my coursemate in the uni was engaged to her boify for five years before the whole thing fell apart.

Lol that's actually insane... the average engagement length here is 6-7 months. Why you would stand a engagement for five years is beyond me
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by stingbreed(m): 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Me na belle I de take engage babe,, no money to waste grin
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
stingbreed: Me na belle I de take engage babe,, no money to waste grin

Lol the struggle is real...
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Ishilove: 11:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol that's actually insane... the average engagement length here is 6-7 months. Why you would stand a engagement for five years is beyond me
Well it happens very often here. You tie the lady down with a ring but refuse to do the needful because of different flimsy reasons.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol really? So you'd propose with anything...even cheap diamond :O.
It's an engagement ring.
Not a wedding ring.
Are you supposed to be engaged forever?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by stingbreed(m): 11:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol the struggle is real...
no long thing,,, gorgeous uve got kissable lips,, ,, nice smiley
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ishilove:
Well it happens very often here. You tie the lady down with a ring but refuse to do the needful because of different flimsy reasons.

Lol that's so weird hahaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

What Qualities Do You Look Out For Before Agreeing On A Date? / All My Efforts To Settle Down This Year Is Failing / Man Prostrates To His Fiancee's Mum After Marriage Proposal (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.