Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,218 members, 7,811,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (39154 Views)

Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Tinyemeka:
It's an engagement ring.
Not a wedding ring.
Are you supposed to be engaged forever?

Lol no.

Wait, so after the engagement y'all stop wearing the ring?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Adaeze003(f): 11:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
Buoyantic: with your kpomo mouth? Na expensive ring you dey find,u go old

Who r u n y should I care about your opinion? undecided
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol no.

Wait, so after the engagement y'all stop wearing the ring?
Nope.
Some ladies start afresh with the new wedding ring, while others just add the new wedding ring (which may now be EXPENSIVE smiley if the dude values his wife) in front of the engagement ring. I get your point. If the engagement ring was cheap (or appeared so), they could use it less frequently. It's the wedding ring which has the greater value.

My point is that the engagement ring doesn't have to be Kim Kardashiatic. If you get my drift.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Adaeze003(f): 11:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ishilove:
Well it happens very often here. You tie the lady down with a ring but refuse to do the needful because of different flimsy reasons.

I guess that's one mentality we have to get out of our heads... the "tied down" mentality. no1 used rope to put any1 in a dungeon(that's kidnap btw) and as far as you aint married? Girl u as single as the next sister without a boyfriend!

Although these things aint always black n white, some peeps actually get married after years n years of engagement n some don't. Guess we all gotta be careful as not to rush into misery or waste years waiting...
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
Tinyemeka:
Nope.
Some ladies start afresh with the new wedding ring, while others just add the new wedding ring (which may now be EXPENSIVE smiley if the dude values his wife) in front of the engagement ring. I get your point. If the engagement ring was cheap (or appeared so), they could use it less frequently. It's the wedding ring which has the greater value.

My point is that the engagement ring doesn't have to be Kim Kardashiatic. If you get my drift.

Lol hmmm exactly I hope to wear both rings you know...

Hehe I kinda want Kim k style tho...

Lol I want to be able to wear both and look classy hehehe

Will it be too much to say I want my wedding ring changed every year...?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Ishilove: 11:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
Adaeze003:

I guess that's one mentality we have to get out of our heads... the "tied down" mentality. no1 used rope to put any1 in a dungeon(that's kidnap btw) and as far as you aint married? Girl u as single as the next sister without a boyfriend!

Although these things aint always black n white, some peeps actually get married after years n years of engagement n some don't. Guess we all gotta be careful as not to rush into misery or waste years waiting...
Lol. You got that right grin
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by AspDrone(m): 11:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
jashar: Choi OP. You just reminded me. I don't care if my gown is #2000 or if the whole ceremony costs #3000,but that ring ehn must come from only 3 jewellers.
1.Tacori.
2.Cartier.
3.Tiffany.
That's all.grin
Ahh....you? Wan? Kill? Ham?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Tinyemeka(m): 12:10am On Sep 01, 2014
MrsBreezy:

smiley As the Pussycat Dolls'd say, "Be careful what you wish for, cos you just might get it".
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Atmmachine(m): 12:32am On Sep 01, 2014
Fork engagement ring !!!

When my father married my mother he didn't gave her an engagement sh*t.
Love is what matters not buying a $40,000 engagement like kanye west.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by MrDoGood(m): 12:45am On Sep 01, 2014
even if he gives u a rubber ring grin
wt matters most,
is, u're spending d rest of ur life wt the man of ur dream.
an expensive ring does not guarantee safety marriage nor a happy home.
he could propose to u wt a diamond ring, yet ur marriage won't be expensive.
by expensive, i don't mean money. i mean no marriage would ever
be as interesting as urs.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by PeckNARM: 2:45am On Sep 01, 2014
MrCork:

^^^^ guys,u see how they lie?...ask her wot bus goes to Peckam and she suddenly change topic and started talkin about train....so u own a train at home? ..abi?.. Black women!!! undecided
She's on drugs! Due to that statement people would b of the opinion house rent anywhere in London is pocket change!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by PeckNARM: 2:54am On Sep 01, 2014
MrCork:

^^^^^ typical black woman...they lie tryin to impress u..u catch them out and guess what?.. They start cussing u like witch doctor.

..ok..u been to London,right?... What bus goes to Peckam?
undecided
for educational purposes let me highlight this girls foolishness! Why am annoyed is cause I was born and raised there! And don't like people talking nonsense! If this girl has stepped into London! She should have compared peckham with a higher class area in that SAME london. Such as MAYFAIR or PARK LANE or KENSINGTON or CANARY WHARF ! In her foolishness she compared it to a whole different city(state as it would be in niaja)

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 3:09am On Sep 01, 2014
And he likes you too ma
MrsBreezy:

I like you.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Vicotex(m): 3:22am On Sep 01, 2014
MrsBreezy:

God Forbid!!!
breezy why?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by haibe(m): 4:18am On Sep 01, 2014
MrsBreezy:

And what if your hubby detests the idea of buying something so extravagant but something relative cheap, you gonna call off the marriage? or tell him you don't want?

lol I now know the reason the divorce rate increases day by day.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 4:20am On Sep 01, 2014
I just dey laugh grin In ma opinion though, a man should propose with something special, within his means I.e. what he can afford without soaking garri without groundnut in future grin tongue It doesn't have to be a ring. That's ma opinion though

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by haibe(m): 4:30am On Sep 01, 2014
Adaeze003: Hmm... I think I'm logical in my dealings so it depends. So you gave me a cheap ring coz its love that matters? I hope you won't mind if I don't use it after that night? It's the love that matters rii? If you won't mind then I guess I'll consider... But then again, to get married, one must be financially stable ie, have a steady source of income(doesn't matter how much) so, if you do have a source of income, what's your excuse 4 getting me something that'll wash out in a month?

If you don't believe you must give me a ring to prove anything then don't! Carry on with marriage rights without it after all its not our culture.

So yes, I care 4 the type of ring. It must be worth something or none at all...

The fact that a man gives you a cheap ring does not mean he is not financially stable. One secret to prolonged and an exciting relationship is contentment and appreciation. What if he uses the money to plan for something better for you? You never can tell. I know a lot of couples who after spending a lot on engagement ring, do not share anything else valuable.

Just to let you know, if you aren't contented with the cheap ring he gives you, it may cause a lot of havoc in that relationship unknowingly because he surely b would never be happy with you.

A lot of marriage that has been successful is mainly as a result of contentment on the part of the couples.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 01, 2014
Shouldn't worship money or material things...anything he can afford. Just decent would do

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 4:42am On Sep 01, 2014
I would care more about the quality of the man.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by haibe(m): 4:43am On Sep 01, 2014
MsSteph: my engagement ring can cost N100 but my wedding ring must be expensive because u wear it for a long time and if it not original after some time the ring will start looking as if it was made by a panel beater. looking Rusty and Ugly

At least you have a good point which is reasonable, unlike MrsBreezy . Truly something of quality is needed but not necessarily extravagant right?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by haibe(m): 4:46am On Sep 01, 2014
katzz: Shouldn't worship money or material things...anything he can afford. Just decent would do
Welcome to Nairaland
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Pennywise(m): 4:49am On Sep 01, 2014
The bride shouldnt really expect much if she is marrying a scrooge.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Ekundayo7: 5:16am On Sep 01, 2014
priscaoge:
U are right my dear. Some places present a wicked list as if they wanna sell their daughter. After d marriage ceremony,the guy will go into hiding because of the money he borrowed. The bride price in my place is 25Naira(With few items)if u like be a multi millionaire is not their business,just pay d bride price,what they want is for u to take proper care of their daughter....#Thatsall
Is true. I saw one list that would stock a market stall. Tinned milks, biscuits, bags of rice, sugar, salt, noodle, goats, chicken, etc. It is nonsense. As long as the boy is bringing pepper, honey, salt, yam, etc for a traditional meeting with the family, that is what is important, respect and willingness to sit down and consummate the deal by lowering head to the man of the house and father of the bride, both sides offering in good faith and wishes for a sweet union.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by InvertedHammer: 5:22am On Sep 01, 2014
/
MrsBreezy:

Watch out. Ladies with your mindset are the easiest to game.

Buy expensive ring. You are happy. Then switch it out with a good knock-off. You are still happy. Free osho for guy man. Then 6 months later, you start emailing bloggers looking for advice.

As some gwongworo have it -- be careful. many have gone.

\

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by SisiNini(f): 5:51am On Sep 01, 2014
avuekwe: I don't want any again, just go and see my parents finish. Do the right thing , that's my own.

Gals on rampage... #LOL
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Bitojoe(m): 6:17am On Sep 01, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Eh! Lol why would you do that?

ring doesn't matter.shikena.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 01, 2014
InvertedHammer: /
MrsBreezy:

Watch out. Ladies with your mindset are the easiest to game.

Buy expensive ring. You are happy. Then switch it out with a good knock-off. You are still happy. Free osho for guy man. Then 6 months later, you start emailing bloggers looking for advice.

As some gwongworo have it -- be careful. many have gone.

\

Loooool wow. The way you jump into conclusions. Lol my choice of ring doesn't define how I am...

Lol I'm not even looking for advice.. if you knew me I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have stated the above.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 01, 2014
Bitojoe:

ring doesn't matter.shikena.

What's shikena?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by InvertedHammer: 6:40am On Sep 01, 2014
MrsBreezy:

What's shikena?

Shikena = Opari.

I will give up if u ask what that means too.
/
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 01, 2014
PeckNARM: for educational purposes let me highlight this girls foolishness! Why am annoyed is cause I was born and raised there! And don't like people talking nonsense! If this girl has stepped into London! She should have compared peckham with a higher class area in that SAME london. Such as MAYFAIR or PARK LANE or KENSINGTON or CANARY WHARF ! In her foolishness she compared it to a whole different city(state as it would be in niaja)

1. I do not live in Peckham.
2. We all know Peckham is equivalent to Harlem.
3. Lol I do not care if u think I've stepped into London or not. It is only 30 minutes away.
4. Lol that was with MrCork not with you. I would have proposed a highly different comparison.
5. Foolishness lol.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 01, 2014
InvertedHammer:

Shikena = Opari.

I will give up if u ask what that means too.
/

Please I've idea what that means...
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by donclark(m): 6:51am On Sep 01, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

All My Efforts To Settle Down This Year Is Failing / What Qualities Do You Look Out For Before Agreeing On A Date? / Man Prostrates To His Fiancee's Mum After Marriage Proposal (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.