Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets (42973 Views)

Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / Boko Haram: Fg May Engage Us Marines! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by datguru: 8:06am On Sep 01, 2014
undecided
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Emeca: 8:06am On Sep 01, 2014
Is it that Boko Haram miltants suddenly turn into bats and birds during fighting because I dont see what explains d need to buy an outdated anti-aircraft gun.

Buying soviet-era weaponry cant take us far. We need game-changing sophisticated weapons to deal dis terrorists a fatal blow.
Take a look at Syria with a shitload of old soviet jets....they still cant effectively take on d rebels like Israel wuld do.

Anything other than American F-15/16 fighter jets with significant upgrade by Israel is just a waste of resources.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by princesseki(f): 8:07am On Sep 01, 2014
Seeing is beliving
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Sammyblaq(m): 8:08am On Sep 01, 2014
Our military alway media stunting...intelligence zero!.
Not to buy jet which will be flown by a foriegner o. My take is for the army to stop coming to the media until the battle is won. Period.
Another news go still comot...BH boys still mount flag for Gwoza.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by danielgod(m): 8:10am On Sep 01, 2014
Could this be true?
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Ofin11(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2014
and the NAF wiil deploy this machinery to the war front without previous handling or knowledge of it? I'm smelling jackshit
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by gists: 8:12am On Sep 01, 2014
Solutioncrib: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/14864-b-haram-fg-acquires-12-fighter-jets-sect-kills-14-in-borno-jonathan-african-leaders-in-kenya-over-terrorism-allegations-against-ihejirika-absurd-fani-kayode

http://solutioncrib.com/discussion/1811/suggest

Chai Nigeria don suffer!!
So we didn't have fighter get before now. What about the one that mis-fired to a civilian area in Port Harcourt sometime last year? We must now clap for gej admin for buying fighter jets to combat boko haram. Meanwhile how many fighter jets has cameroon deployed to keep boko haram at bay?
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by omenka(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2014
Hope this helps to deplete the capability of those marauding bloodsuckers!!

Goodspeed Khaki Boys!!
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Missy89(f): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2014
Obinoscopy: Assuming that the reporters were right about the purchase of Shilka weapon, my innocent question is this:

Why would the military purchase anti-aircraft weapons for the purpose of this Boko Haram war? Don't they know that Boko Haram are ground fighters and not air fighters? Or do they want to give lose it to Boko Haram during one the numerous insurgency attacks on military base and then expose our airforce combatants to danger?

Maybe you're right, our reporters don't know what they are saying.

I brought up the same question when i saw it on the front line from another thread. But i learnt that the guns can be elevated horizontally to change the trajectory

It is a cold war relic! and there is nothing modern but can be effective
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Akalia(m): 8:13am On Sep 01, 2014
I hope the new fighter jets are not china made, cos d last time I checked, the chinese F-7 NAF procured are unstable and NAF 'd lost 3 of it to either some mechanical malfunction or lack of sufficient technical know how on the part of the operatives, which ofcourse went down during simulation flight trainings.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Min57: 8:13am On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by akatonero(m): 8:16am On Sep 01, 2014
Money meant for embezzlement or national cake re spent on this rats grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ignis: 8:16am On Sep 01, 2014
whizjay:

After a the long series of terrorist attacks....
Naija finally Buys a Dozen fighter jets..
undecided undecided
*Claps slowly*

Please don't clap yet, because the jet could be seized by BH guys from our force men as usual.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by KwoiZabo(m): 8:18am On Sep 01, 2014
Hope these equipment (including fighter jets shocked) will not be carted away like the one we saw in shekau's video.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 01, 2014
smiley call of duty: modern warfare
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ajidesola: 8:20am On Sep 01, 2014
Is this ones soldiers?!, dey sudn't disclose der info until it is been executed now!......sum tin is fishy here
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Rashdimuh(m): 8:22am On Sep 01, 2014
Boko haram is already aware of this.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by sparkleboy(m): 8:23am On Sep 01, 2014
My thoughts also. Spot on
Obinoscopy: Assuming that the reporters were right about the purchase of Shilka weapon, my innocent question is this:

Why would the military purchase anti-aircraft weapons for the purpose of this Boko Haram war? Don't they know that Boko Haram are ground fighters and not air fighters? Or do they want to give lose it to Boko Haram during one the numerous insurgency attacks on military base and then expose our airforce combatants to danger?

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by lilprinze: 8:23am On Sep 01, 2014
Shekau and BH are already dead men they should bomb those bastards let them go and meet their 72 virgins and let us have peace in this country.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by oskaaay(m): 8:24am On Sep 01, 2014
God help NIGERIA oooooooo!

PROMO: Have you heard about the ungoing GET 100 TWITTER FOLLOWER GIVEAWAY for NAIRALANDERS by Foskaay Enterprises...If you need twitter followers participate and get 100s free at https://www.nairaland.com/1881887/twitter-followers-giveaway-1-get
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Ahmeduana(m): 8:27am On Sep 01, 2014
Krak: You call Shilka gun modern? You should go and update yourself.
E BE LIKE SAY YOU BE ARM ROBBER?
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Denn(m): 8:27am On Sep 01, 2014

if you turn the gun's turret to an horizontal position and fire, no matter how ''rambo-ish'' you are, even at a distance of 2km, the enemy would be turned into shreds.

google the term ''technical'' and you will understand that anti-aircraft is just a name...boko haram has been deploying same strategy ever since...thats why they can ambush our guys and tear them into shreds from 2 kilometres away...the range of an AK47 is around 300 metres...men are been killed by an unseen enemy...our hiluxes shattered like wet tissue paper.

now we are deploying same tactic...spray them from afar with our shilka "Baygon"" and we watch them die like the roaches which they are

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Mekateka: 8:29am On Sep 01, 2014
ebolablast: we already know who is sponsoring d terrorist.. Australian Negotiator Insists Modu Sheriff,Ihejirika Are BokoHaram Sponsors
http:///HhNd
No stranger can tell our story better than us. I'm very sure you know the australian man is not saying the truth. Bokoharam are sponsored by northern muslims who want to rule this nation by force.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by sweetgala(m): 8:29am On Sep 01, 2014
Clowns , those 12 jets better be sukoys. None of these finish trainer aircraft fitted as combat fighters/bombers.

Why not A10 thunderbolts , and what happened to the 13 Sepcat Jaguars we got in 1983?
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 8:29am On Sep 01, 2014

Once that gun is placed horizontal, it becomes a deadly ground weapon
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 01, 2014
It was reliably gathered that most of the weapons being
used by the terrorists were those collected from various
police stations which were attacked by the insurgents.

see lie grin
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Mekateka: 8:33am On Sep 01, 2014
Min57:
Bastard liers. I hate it when I see this kinda lie on social media. I am a jet pilot n there is nothing like that.
can you show us evident of you being a jet pilot?
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 01, 2014
News like this just makes me sigh.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ebolablast: 8:34am On Sep 01, 2014
Mekateka: No stranger can tell our story better than us. I'm very sure you know the australian man is not saying the truth. Bokoharam are sponsored by northern muslims who want to rule this nation by force.
d last time I checked,modu sheriff is a northerner and also was once born state governor.. bu***i is part of dem I know
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by F117A: 8:35am On Sep 01, 2014
Anything other than SU-35s is rubbish.
If we were serious about our sovereignty,we should have gotten atleast a 100 of those in the NAF by now.
Nigerian leaders and the military egg-heads from 1999 till date need to be hanged for treason.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by cliffm43: 8:36am On Sep 01, 2014
HAUSA PEOPLE WILL NOT BE HAPPY TO HEAR THIS...........................SULTAN OF SOKOTO WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE KILLING THE MUSLIMS...
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 8:37am On Sep 01, 2014
Denn:

if you turn the gun's turret to an horizontal position and fire, no matter how ''rambo-ish'' you are, even at a distance of 2km, the enemy would be turned into shreds.

google the term ''technical'' and you will understand that anti-aircraft is just a name...boko haram has been deploying same strategy ever since...thats why they can ambush our guys and tear them into shreds from 2 kilometres away...the range of an AK47 is around 900 metres...men are been killed by an unseen enemy...our hiluxes shattered like wet tissue paper.

now we are deploying same tactic...spray them from afar with our shilka "Baygon"" and we watch them die like the roaches which they are

AK47 range is 300m and shilkan should be BTW 2km - 3.5km

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele: Peter Obi Not Ordained To Be Nigeria's President / Video: Former President Jonathan Is Broke EX-PDP Youth Leader Deji / SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.