Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,670 members, 7,959,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:34 AM

Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets (43174 Views)

Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / Boko Haram: Fg May Engage Us Marines! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Rikidony(m): 10:40am On Sep 01, 2014
PapiWata:

Abi you no get time to count all the zero when the man line up for you to count ? Maybe na how to spell "million dollars" dey worry am.
THE FIRST FIGURE IS MORE THAN A BILLION

WHILE THE SECOND IS A BILLION
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Melahou(m): 10:40am On Sep 01, 2014
good move...
it has long over due
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by chinasaekperem: 10:43am On Sep 01, 2014
good move
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by wirelessmaster: 10:50am On Sep 01, 2014
Finally, I believe those asking for reparation over the last Civil War have made thrice or twice the money being demanded as reparation from various
money accumulated from various sectors of the economy and from Boko Haram and other security votes. They are strategically positioned in areas where huge money is made; from Aviation, Customs lucrative zonal command, lucrative government agencies, petroleum/local content deals etc. Carry go. No probe.

I pity House of Rep on the insistence of the Speaker on good governance and accountability. The house should join other government bodies to loot and keep quiet. Well done. It is their oil money.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Ultimatesammie(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2014
I just hope dey get all of dem
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Preyze(m): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2014
Hmmmm...I 1nda y dey kip telin us of evry litl plan dey av up dier sleeves....dese insurgents also kip up wit d news....
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Blackheritage: 11:10am On Sep 01, 2014
amakufrancis: kill dem all

Gej dy Try joor, just dat e get many haters
What he was told earlier that he refuses, is now d path he resulted to now for solution. After which has caused him and his administration disgrace n lost many more lives...Common stick and carrot tactics
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Tex42(m): 11:30am On Sep 01, 2014
Obinoscopy: Assuming that the reporters were right about the purchase of Shilka weapon, my innocent question is this:

Why would the military purchase anti-aircraft weapons for the purpose of this Boko Haram war? Don't they know that Boko Haram are ground fighters and not air fighters? Or do they want to give lose it to Boko Haram during one the numerous insurgency attacks on military base and then expose our airforce combatants to danger?

Maybe you're right, our reporters don't know what they are saying.
Nigeria reporters winning laziest reporters award since 1914

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Tex42(m): 11:35am On Sep 01, 2014
moneyhungry: oh well, more fireworks in the north!
Soon its gonna be every day new year's eve up north
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Aringon(m): 11:38am On Sep 01, 2014
Y r u arguing blindly , the paper mentioned shilka gun and not the model. Meanwhile a gun cud be modernised to face todays security challenges

Krak: You call Shilka gun modern? You should go and update yourself.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by JuanDeDios: 11:42am On Sep 01, 2014
Pangea:

grin grin grin grin
Nigerian reporters, zero research! grin
Shilka is the nickname of the ZSU-23-4, a lightly armored, self-propelled, radar guided anti-aircraft weapon system (SPAAG)
It went into service in 1965 and its not modern at all! grin
A fearsome and deadly weapon system!
I believe Nigeria already have it in her armory!

Nigeria does have it. It comes from the '60's and still a good weapon operated by countries around the world. Even the US has a few for "testing". Remember too that countries like Ukraine have added components to it to make it more modern. I would say it's "modern" enough even if not all that modern.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by JuanDeDios: 11:46am On Sep 01, 2014
Obinoscopy: Assuming that the reporters were right about the purchase of Shilka weapon, my innocent question is this:

Why would the military purchase anti-aircraft weapons for the purpose of this Boko Haram war? Don't they know that Boko Haram are ground fighters and not air fighters? Or do they want to give lose it to Boko Haram during one the numerous insurgency attacks on military base and then expose our airforce combatants to danger?

Good points - I was a bit surprised too to see "anti-aircraft guns". Maybe dem Shekau are acquiring helicopter gunships!

Edit: You can use it to do things other than shooting aircraft, I guess.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by vico4luv20(m): 11:46am On Sep 01, 2014
even before we knw that the govt had acquired new weapons and jet, the BH already knw. the govt of this country ain't loyal and the military as well that always passes information to the BH. I only pray it gets better. P-E-A-C-E
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by DonaldGenes(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2014
I suggest that all calls made by soldiers going on the battle front should be monitored using software
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by KnowAll(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDLPwhcq_PQ

Poor chad have some Feary Helicopter GunShip perharps the chadians can lend us a helping hand. To be sincere I do not have confidence in the N.A.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by unclejb2(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2014
Ahmeduana:
E BE LIKE SAY YOU BE ARM ROBBER?
I tire for that guy ooo!
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ironheart(m): 11:58am On Sep 01, 2014

Nigeria already have 20 of this. what sort of journalist do we have. my brother you may be right o
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Reference(m): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
Pangea:

grin grin grin grin
Nigerian reporters, zero research! grin
Shilka is the nickname of the ZSU-23-4, a lightly armored, self-propelled, radar guided anti-aircraft weapon system (SPAAG)
It went into service in 1965 and its not modern at all! grin
A fearsome and deadly weapon system!
I believe Nigeria already have it in her armory!

There is no other weapon system in the world in this category that can come near it. It is the most effective weapon system in its class. It out-guns all the rotary cannons the west has to offer even the ship mounted defenders.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by DonaldGenes(m): 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
dhammyg: I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY

ANYWAYS TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY.NAIRALANDERS MAKE UNA CONGRATULATE MEC OH!!!!!cheesy

You just wanted to Garner 30 likes abi
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by DonaldGenes(m): 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
elobyobi: grin Shekau be like "OUR fighter jets don arrive. Make we go collect am".grin

Hahahahaha
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by RebelLeader15(m): 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2014

ANYWAYS TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY.NAIRALANDERS MAKE UNA CONGRATULATE MEC OH!!!!!cheesy
Dancing Skelewu in Shoki style.........HAPPY BIRTHDAY OOOOO

Oya make we go Borno go celebrate am....Shekau will be expecting us

We go use that Uncle Jonah newly acquired Artillery take cut the cake
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by qtx(m): 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
In all i think it depends on the model they purchased else, i know the modern version shilka is in the market. BH is in trouble. Here we come Boko no mercies this time. imagine this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqcqfz21Plo
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by DaWorshiper(m): 12:15pm On Sep 01, 2014

Come my house make i give u birthday treat. Happy birthday.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by olajide8(m): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
The most painful thing about this is that
1. Immediately after this insurgency issue is settled they wouldn't maintain the jets
2. I doubt if they have trained the pilots for these jets yet
3. I hope these boko thwarts, don't learn how to fly because, they may go and hijack a plane to pursue their mission - and in all honesty, I believe they are using our own armoury to fight us- ransacking barracks, and ammunition dumps - of the nigerian army- police officers leaving their APC (from a secure environment) and bolting into the forest(an un-secure environment)
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
A welcome development! Hope it wil be implimented positively?
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Kirinwa: 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2014

If this is true, then the war is far from over. From reports and video footage BH do. SeiZe military weapons and if this happens those aircrafts are lost. Nice insight.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by kazon2014: 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
Shiika was derived from shekau
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by kenx1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
Boko haram don open our military ya **s*h
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by FEMoxylian: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
hoping bokoharam will not collect the jets from them and use on Nigerians....
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Songitto(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
eunisam: My advice to FG is to declair war in the North East instead of state of emergency.every citizen should vacate those state.

So that the can dominate another region abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akin Alabi Joins Politics / Maj Ayangbesan, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Insurgents (pic) / Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.