Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,329 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets (42970 Views)

Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / Boko Haram: Fg May Engage Us Marines! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Mekateka: 8:37am On Sep 01, 2014
ebolablast:
d last time I checked,modu sheriff is a northerner and also was once born state governor.. bu***i is part of dem I know
and how true is the propaganda of ihejerika being part of the sponsors?
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by BlackBaron: 8:39am On Sep 01, 2014
ATTACK HELICOPTERS, not jets.

And probably meant higher calibre weapons not shilkas.
undecided
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 01, 2014
Buyin more flight or guns is not d problem, there are people who are frustratin d effort of GEJ in fightin boko haram.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by hebex12(m): 8:43am On Sep 01, 2014
All na wash
NA told lies since 5000BC

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ebolablast: 8:44am On Sep 01, 2014
Mekateka: and how true is the propaganda of ihejerika being part of the sponsors?

from d look of things u are probably Igbo..well at least the white man is still alive, ihejirika should confront him
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Bitojoe(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 8:44am On Sep 01, 2014
BlackBaron: ATTACK HELICOPTERS, not jets.
And probably meant higher calibre weapons not shilkas.
undecided

You think it is battle wisdom to operate helicopters in a field filled with antiaircraft guns

Have you seen a shilka gun before especially when placed horizontally.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 8:50am On Sep 01, 2014
ebolablast:
from d look of things u are probably Igbo..well at least the white man is still alive, ihejirika should confront him

So opposition to Ihejirika is because he is Igbo
Don't worry 2015 is nearby. A new Nigeria will be born and when guys like you oppose it, Nigeria will breakup.
When this event occurs, we will then know the true parasites

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Denn(m): 8:51am On Sep 01, 2014
SUBMARINE:

AK47 range is 300m and shilkan should be BTW 2km - 3.5km

Thanks for the correction...will modify my post

it even makes it worse for the AK carrying commando.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Galaxydon1(m): 8:53am On Sep 01, 2014
we need machine guns not fighter jets
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by overhypedsteve(m): 8:53am On Sep 01, 2014
Pangea:

grin grin grin grin
Nigerian reporters, zero research! grin
Shilka is the nickname of the ZSU-23-4, a lightly armored, self-propelled, radar guided anti-aircraft weapon system (SPAAG)
It went into service in 1965 and its not modern at all! grin
A fearsome and deadly weapon system!
I believe Nigeria already have it in her armory!

yea we do.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by royalblood21: 8:53am On Sep 01, 2014
He bought 12 fighter jet to fight who? BOKO HARAM? grin... what if we won fight Niger Rep. ? grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ebolablast: 8:54am On Sep 01, 2014
SUBMARINE:

So opposition to Ihejirika is because he is Igbo
Don't worry 2015 is nearby. A new Nigeria will be born and when guys like you oppose it, Nigeria will breakup.
When this event occurs, we will then know the true parasites
no tribal sentiments here..I am Igbo too but wen d press speaks,if d victim is hurt,he has d right to react so let d dude do wat is expected to defend himself
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ZeusAyo: 8:55am On Sep 01, 2014
Obinoscopy: Assuming that the reporters were right about the purchase of Shilka weapon, my innocent question is this:

Why would the military purchase anti-aircraft weapons for the purpose of this Boko Haram war? Don't they know that Boko Haram are ground fighters and not air fighters? Or do they want to give lose it to Boko Haram during one the numerous insurgency attacks on military base and then expose our airforce combatants to danger?

Maybe you're right, our reporters don't know what they are saying.
yea its an AA gun quite alrite bro but align that gun horizontally and voilla there you have it; the most devastationg anti personnel gun ever
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 01, 2014
Shilka Guns shocked shocked shocked

Has Boko Haram started stealing aircrafts that the army now needs Shilka guns? angry angry angry

The Shilka guns me I know are anti-aircraft guns. And I have not head that BH makes use of aircrafts.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 01, 2014
Did anyone above me read that about a dozen jet fighters were also purchased ?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 8:57am On Sep 01, 2014
ebolablast:
no tribal sentiments here..I am Igbo too but wen d press speaks,if d victim is hurt,he has d right to react so let d dude do wat is expected to defend himself

Pls shut up who made you Igbo. ?
How old are you.?
Do you know the genesis of the Biafran war.?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 9:00am On Sep 01, 2014
Galaxydon1: we need machine guns not fighter jets

We need long range weapons whether machine guns or not
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ZeusAyo: 9:00am On Sep 01, 2014
Emeca: Is it that Boko Haram miltants suddenly turn into bats and birds during fighting because I dont see what explains d need to buy an outdated anti-aircraft gun.

Buying soviet-era weaponry cant take us far. We need game-changing sophisticated weapons to deal dis terrorists a fatal blow.
Take a look at Syria with a shitload of old soviet jets....they still cant effectively take on d rebels like Israel wuld do.

Anything other than American F-15/16 fighter jets with significant upgrade by Israel is just a waste of resources.

and who would sell you the F15/16? America? Besides do you know what happened to our jaguar jets
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2014
I'd gladly fly one of these dragons to blow out those blood-sucking animals out of existence.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2014
princefunmi: Shilka Guns shocked shocked shocked

Has Boko Haram started stealing aircrafts that the army now needs Shilka guns? angry angry angry

The Shilka guns me I know are anti-aircraft guns. And I have not head that BH makes use of aircrafts.

You are outdated on BH war.
BH uses AA guns to kill troops from afar
Shilka will help us kill BH from afar once placed horizontal
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by seedorfg(m): 9:02am On Sep 01, 2014
Am not buying this sh1t call lies. See is believingh, Make una try anoda fiction maybe dat 1 go freak me, 9ja FAKE rumour and lie Since BC32000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2014
dhammyg: I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY

ANYWAYS TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY.NAIRALANDERS MAKE UNA CONGRATULATE MEC OH!!!!!cheesy
Happy buffday sweetheart, I couldn't see any brand new range rover autobiography, the ones I saw were on pre-order from fhemmy and I don't want you to drive al this yeye pre-order stuff with their attendant problem so I got you a mercedes G65 G wagon 2014 model. You will like it.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by sanbell: 9:03am On Sep 01, 2014
God bless you[email][/email][
koboko69: Arrest the former governor of Borno state, Arrest Ihejirika......

PDP using terrorism for self enrichment and political gains since 1940!

If we hear how much dem spend now...BokoHarm sef go take cover!
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by nagoma(m): 9:04am On Sep 01, 2014
Everybody knows that Winning the war against Boko Haram is not aerial bombing war. How can they differentiate between innocent people and BH?
It looks like ihejirika and his kinsmen want to conclude their genocidal mission of the North.

How can aerial bombardment free the Chibok girls?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 9:04am On Sep 01, 2014
ZeusAyo: and who would sell you the F15/16? America? Besides do you know what happened to our jaguar jets

Thank you
Most commentators are babies

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 9:07am On Sep 01, 2014
nagoma: Everybody knows that Winning the war against Boko Haram is not aerial bombing war. How can they differentiate between innocent people and BH?
It looks like ihejirika and his kinsmen want to conclude their genocidal mission of the North.

And your brothers are unwise to be the foot soldiers

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by bunmconig(m): 9:07am On Sep 01, 2014
elobyobi: grin Shekau be like "OUR fighter jets don arrive. Make we go collect am".grin
Correct guy cheesy. Ur brain dey work wella grin
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Andersonken(m): 9:07am On Sep 01, 2014
Too much lies in the past, just hope this one is going to be true.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by pelvicky(m): 9:09am On Sep 01, 2014
barcanista: God bleSs The Military
APC'S supporters....what do you have to say on this? Blame Fg?

God bless military nd Gej.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Kizyte(m): 9:11am On Sep 01, 2014
Why wasting our dough by purchasing some fighter jets? What about the ones they used in Liberia and other countries where they conducted peace keeping?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Uba Games Village Nnewi Ongoing Construction Work (Photos) / 7 Notable Assassinations Of African Leaders In History (photos) / Meet Chinor Emeka Who Dared The War Chest Of PDP, APC For Mbaitoli/Ikeduru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.