Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? (47825 Views)

He Fought On His Wedding Day / He Dumped Me Because I Fought Over Him (To Keep Him) / Your Girlfriend's Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by striker9(m): 11:38am On Sep 12, 2014
daben1: and who's talking about fu*k here? My family first, i cant quantify my family with any girl, not at all
10000likes
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by MadCow1: 11:38am On Sep 12, 2014
Shinelle: See my opinion is dis ... asides the general rule that "wife/girlfriend owns the front sit", age is another major factor. if I,as ur gf was at front and we were about to pick ur elder sis, or one older dan me, ild just open d door n head back as a Gf not wife o... except shes like no no no, sit abeg, den ild close d door n she goes to d back, buh den if its ur younger sis, or one im older dan were to pick up, I won't evn bother...and im sure if ur younger sis or one im older dan were to b in d front, and ur about to pick me up, ild head to d back still because someone is there, buh common sense shud tell her dat she shud alight, or u as her elder bro shud ask her to move to the back....if none of this happens, ild maintain the back and pray for the journey's success, which is the most important thing lol :-) :-)

*forgive my shorthand*

Hi Shinelle...

Well written, but why does this seating arrangement change between status (Wife/Girlfriend) though age difference remains a constant?!

Now lemme try a direct question to you; Would you seat in front with your brother and relegate his girlfrined (your junior) to the back seat?! Or would you allow the lovers be and seat at the back?!
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by upko: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2014
[size=40]If na person like me wey suffer with my elder sister, share a plate of garri and groundnut, hustle together. Chaiiiiiiiii
I go just use slap blind the witch eye, angry she dey mad to order my sister when I never marry her. angry
No carry my sister play oh.[/size]

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 12, 2014
In
conclusion,both gurls arent matured.If dey can fight over a front seat,then there is really a communication feud going on.
if i am the op,i will drive off leaving both of them on the road.Women are
really their own enemy.Rubbish!!

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by MadCow1: 11:40am On Sep 12, 2014
daben1: and who's talking about fu*k here? My family first, i cant quantify my family with any girl, not at all

Good for you hommie..

I just hope you have that line clearly marked out cos it tends to fade like the 'referees vanishing spray' if not clearly defined..

The difference between a wife and a girlfriend is a piece of paper and a ring o!!
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 12, 2014
Timileyin: #

My sister is 27 my girl is 26
cheesy grin over ordinary car seat? or will the person in the front get to the wedding before the one sitting at the back. This sad but funny

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by holluwai(m): 11:42am On Sep 12, 2014
My friend madcow1, I don't know how you came about your ideas in life but to be honest with you it is non of my business. The 26year old younger gf shouldn't even process the thought in her head at all, let alone open her filthy mouth to tell her bfs sister to vacate the front seat. It is highly disrespectful of her to do and if she thinks she better show herself in full and not hide any of her behaviors to her bfs family then I'm sorry for her as she should have to make do of her fathers front seat that is if her father even has one. I'm a proper Yoruba man and eventhou I'm married, my wife will dare not tell my sister to move to the back, it won't even happen my brother.

MadCow1:

And imagine a 27 year old girl fighting a girl who is her junior over who seats in the frontseat of her boysfriends car.. grin

Whats next?! Who lies next to the brother inside his one room apartment?! grin

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by lanrefront1(m): 11:42am On Sep 12, 2014
why are sweating this? people shouldn't waste their time because the OP is DEFINITELY LIEING.

Aside from the fact that hardly can it happen that girlfriend will be demanding that a sister vacates front seat and go to the back for her to seat down, the OP also gave himself out the when he mentioned later on the thread that is girlfriend visits their house regularly and that has sister and girlfriend relates well.

The whole thing is just so absurd. It's a wife that can be concerned about sitting in the front seat, and that is even if it becomes a regular thing for her husband to have sister seat at the front and his wife at the same back.

Even Hardly will any wife make trouble over an occasional occurrence especially if she's in good rapport with the said sister.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by BodyKiss(m): 11:44am On Sep 12, 2014
Timileyin:

My Girl friend is calming the sitting in front is her right, me i dont understand ooo?

On the other hand, you don't even sound like you have a sound mind.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Dynamo1(m): 11:45am On Sep 12, 2014
My guy,
To be candid, it's wrong for ur gf to request that ur sis relocate to the back seat since ur sis was seated there first. I don't want to blv ur sis would do same to her. I guess they have an unresolved issue wch u probably not aware of. Your gf needs to be very friendly (even if na pretence ) to her in-laws. When she come enter house fully, she fit wan come dey claim seat ownership, wch is not even called for. Woman and their wahala shaa!
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by nijadude: 11:45am On Sep 12, 2014
Timileyin:

The fun was already died, Girl friend threatens break up, my sister telling me none sense. The fight is still up self.

You are indeed a weak man, you will surely suffer and your weakness will make you suffer more, God help you
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by san316(m): 11:45am On Sep 12, 2014
It depends on which of ma sisters. My younger sisters and brothers will be at the back. But my elder bro and sis? Bebe, wife or ashawo will hit the background. Ma rulez.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Shinelle(f): 11:46am On Sep 12, 2014
MadCow1:

Hi Shinelle...

Well written, but why does this seating arrangement change between status (Wife/Girlfriend) though age difference remains a constant?!

Now lemme try a direct question to you; Would you seat in front with your brother and relegate his girlfrined (your junior) to the back seat?! Or would you allow the lovers be and seat at the back?!
well to answer your question, under the same circumstances, if im aware my bro is heading somewhere to pick his gf, a younger girl, I would sit at the back from home sef, cos ild just let them enjoy dere tym , plus Im not much of a front sit lover *sit belts and all*... but thats me speaking, some other person may choose to sit at d front and remain dere even after d yonger gal comes.
To the first enquiry u raised, ppl respect wife first because of course its a sealed deal! and shes his first family,unlike gf which is still very uncertain....
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by BodyKiss(m): 11:47am On Sep 12, 2014
cirmuell: Okay first thing first, how old are the two of 'em?

Age should have no role to play in this case. Respect should be reciprocal.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 12, 2014
who ever is giving up the cuchi at night should seat in the front.. nairalanders and their suggestions sf.. imagine what does your sister give to you that your girlfriend cannot give + punana
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by nijadude: 11:48am On Sep 12, 2014
BodyKiss:

On the other hand, you don't even sound like you have a sound mind.

I completely agree with you, he sounds like a kid, i pity the girl (foolish girl) dating this kind of guy that can't even stand up as a man
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by flyca: 11:48am On Sep 12, 2014
First of all, Whose car? For instance, my brother drives my own parents car. Secondly, we are on our way to somewhere and I entered the car first.

Then I sight his friend (girl or boy sef), I get down and get behind Okay o :/
To even hear that the friend asked me to switch seats. Huh?

Lemme comment my reserve here.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Onyiido: 11:52am On Sep 12, 2014
temigracie: ..lol...Is that possible...

Honestly, it is kinda hard for me to believe your story...

Its not possible your girlfriend will drag seats with your sister....She carry charcoal for head ni??....BTW, whats so special about the front seat gansef??...I wanna know..

Can someone please help me out....
Just like some of these nairaland guys like hustling for the front seat in a public cab as if its thiers. Mtchewwwwww
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 12, 2014
madcow1.The gf is wrong here.Since the sister isn't matured enough to vacate the seat,she shed have gone to that back and sit.Besides,the op on the other hand shed have asked the sister to go to the back if he felt there was need.Nobody dey drag gf/wife space with her,for her to turn it into a fight is absolutely not necessary and totally disgraceful and to think they fought in public!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by harffie(m): 11:53am On Sep 12, 2014
yuppieman: In our kind of society, ‎​‎​†ђe front seat of Ω̴̴̩̩̩̥̩ man's car į̸̸̨§ meant for his wife/gf as ‎​†ђε case may be. But in your case, you have your sister sitting in ‎​†ђε front seat before you got ‎​2 your gf, now coutesy demands that your sister alights and go 2 ‎​†ђε back seat but in your case she didn't (for whatever reason); your gf should have let it slide pass afterall she will get 2 sit in your car more than your sister will ever sit there. Now, 2 answer your question directly, if your sister į̸̸̨§ much younger than your gf, you would have politely requested that she moved 2 ‎​†ђε back seat (as Ω̴̴̩̩̩̥̩ mark of respect) but if they are abt ‎​†ђε same age then you would have politely requested her 2 sit at ‎​†ђε bck for that once.
they op didn't mention if twas his car or parents' car!
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by cooljoe(m): 11:53am On Sep 12, 2014
MadCow1:

Good for you hommie..

I just hope you have that line clearly marked out cos it tends to fade like the 'referees vanishing spray' if not clearly defined..

The difference between a wife and a girlfriend is a piece of paper and a ring o!!
wit al due respect, u seem not to know wat ur talkin about. D d/f b/w wife nd galfrnd, far from ph to ikortun
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Ladybluecash(f): 11:56am On Sep 12, 2014
gede7744: u are not yet married to ur gf and she is already domineering and controlling, wonder what she will do if u eventually marry her.
. It beta to show ur color dan to enter nd av many color
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by cooljoe(m): 11:57am On Sep 12, 2014
voltron: who ever is giving up the cuchi at night should seat in the front.. nairalanders and their suggestions sf.. imagine what does your sister give to you that your girlfriend cannot give + punana
d chances of ur galfrnd stop being ur galfrnd is lyk 50/50. D chances of ur ur sister stop being ur sista is next to nafin(ceterius paribus of caus). D only fin is yle sis wee always b sis, galfrnd can elevate nd become d wifey, nd until such elevation takes place, she can't b piority on d scale of preference. Derez samfin called hierarchy jare
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by MadCow1: 11:58am On Sep 12, 2014
holluwai: My friend madcow1, I don't know how you came about your ideas in life but to be honest with you it is non of my business. The 26year old younger gf shouldn't even process the thought in her head at all, let alone open her filthy mouth to tell her bfs sister to vacate the front seat. It is highly disrespectful of her to do and if she thinks she better show herself in full and not hide any of her behaviors to her bfs family then I'm sorry for her as she should have to make do of her fathers front seat that is if her father even has one. I'm a proper Yoruba man and eventhou I'm married, my wife will dare not tell my sister to move to the back, it won't even happen my brother.

[b]Okay!! I think I see your confusion now.. Lemme clarify;

Its Highly immature/foolish/disrespectful/childish and outrageous of a girlfriend to walk up to a car where her brothers girlfriend is already sitted in the car and demand she relocates to the Back.. #Hope you are clear on this point..

What I was trying to make you understand is this;

1. The frontseat of a Guys Car belongs to his Girlfriend/wife..

2. A wife/girlfriend would normally give up her right to that seat for her Man's 'MALE' friends, his brother or his Father..

3. The only female who has a right to veto the rights to that seat is the Mans Mother (or the wifes mother depending)..

4. A wise sister never struggles the front seat amongst other things with her brothers girlfriend and more especially with his wife.

5. Age may be a factor that can influence wh seats in front between sister and girlfriend, but I would expect my elder sister to seat behind as well because she should be above such trivial things. And because she should respect the sanctity of my relationship with my girl and allow us be.

6. The relationship with your sister is way different from that with your girlfriend/wife (but not necessarily superior to).

7. Setting a Precedence is always important in a relationship.. How you treat your girlfriend and where you place her in the eyes of your family is very important for the future because old habits die hard.. If your sisters have no respect for your companion as a girlfriend, dont expect it to change when she eventually becomes your wife.

8. Every wife is first a girlfriend.. Same way your sister would also be anothers girlfriend before wife.

Finally... The scenario played out on this thread is rather juvenile in nature and the blame would go to the Girlfriend who should have been the 'Bigger' person and moved to the back seeing as the sister wasnt wise enough to act right. You dont fight every battle head on.. The girlfriend in this story was badly behaved.. The Sister in this case was also badly behaved or didnt know any better.

I hope its clearer to you now..
[/b]
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by alienware(m): 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
cooljoe: family is family. Friends(galfrnd or no galfrnd) are not as important as family. Do not confuse the loyalty of friendship with the bond of blood
mafioso ! The mafia manager. Lmao ! Correct guy.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]In Life;

Your Siblings are your Siblings..

Your Family is Your family..

But your Girlfriend has a very special place in your life..

If you and your sister drive to your girlfriends house to pick her up.. When your girlfriend comes out, she (i.e your sister) is supposed to go to the back seat on her own.. Its not only corteous, but also shows respect for the relationship they have. Or is your sister trying to put assunder?!

Just because she isnt married to you yet does not make her second to your sister. The way you treat her as a girlfriend would play a role in how she see herself as a wife.

On the issue of guys, its different.. Women (both married and otherwise) normally move to the back seat for guys (its an unwritten rule that amazes me). Maybe out of respect for her husband or boyfriend.. But every other female both family and otherwise move to the back for your main chick..

P.S The sensibility of a post is also subject to the intellectual capacity of the reader.. #NoDisrespectEither..
[/b]

GBAM!!! Any mature sister will easily alight and make way for his brother girlfriend except brother appeal to the emotion of girlfriend to accommodate temporarily.

Sister here is the aggressor not the girlfriend who demanded for her right.
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by holluwai(m): 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
Well said but I've been cleared on this issue from page 1 wink

MadCow1:

[b]Okay!! I think I see your confusion now.. Lemme clarify;

Its Highly immature/foolish/disrespectful/childish and outrageous of a girlfriend to walk up to a car where her brothers girlfriend is already sitted in the car and demand she relocates to the Back.. #Hope you are clear on this point..

What I was trying to make you understand is this;

1. The frontseat of a Guys Car belongs to his Girlfriend/wife..

2. A wife/girlfriend would normally give up her right to that seat for her Man's 'MALE' friends, his brother or his Father..

3. The only female who has a right to veto the rights to that seat is the Mans Mother (or the wifes mother depending)..

4. A wise sister never struggles the front seat amongst other things with her brothers girlfriend and more especially with his wife.

5. Age may be a factor that can influence wh seats in front between sister and girlfriend, but I would expect my elder sister to seat behind as well because she should be above such trivial things. And because she should respect the sanctity of my relationship with my girl and allow us be.

6. The relationship with your sister is way different from that with your girlfriend/wife (but not necessarily superior to).

7. Setting a Precedence is always important in a relationship.. How you treat your girlfriend and where you place her in the eyes of your family is very important for the future because old habits die hard.. If your sisters have no respect for your companion as a girlfriend, dont expect it to change when she eventually becomes your wife.

8. Every wife is first a girlfriend.. Same way your sister would also be anothers girlfriend before wife.

Finally... The scenario played out on this thread is rather juvenile in nature and the blame would go to the Girlfriend who should have been the 'Bigger' person and moved to the back seeing as the sister wasnt wise enough to act right. You dont fight every battle head on.. The girlfriend in this story was badly behaved.. The Sister in this case was also badly behaved or didnt know any better.

I hope its clearer to you now..
[/b]
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
Timileyin:

My Girl friend is calming the sitting in front is her right, me i dont understand ooo?
guy nawa for u ooo, wich rite she is nt yet ur wife n besides ur sis occupy d front sit fust. dat ur babe no ge home training sef
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by MadCow1: 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
holluwai: Well said but I've been cleared on this issue from page 1 wink

I was clarifying my position on the subject to you.. Thats all..
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by BizBloke(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
If I were to be in your shoes, I'd ask my sister/gf to drive and the other who's not driving should maintain the other seat while I go take a nap at the back. #ProblemSolved

If both of them tire, one go pave way. If them no tire, we go like that. cheesy Hian!
Re: My Girlfriend & Sister Fought Over The Car Front Seat, Who Do I Side? by searay(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
Front page bookers, sorry Front seat bookers. Una like front except for church

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

The Girl Helping Me After My Surgery Is Irritating Me Please Help!!! / You Can't Get A Woman If You Have These Qualities / Physically Challenged Man Marries His Pregnant Bride (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.