Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:49 AM

Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) (34805 Views)

How Often Should Girls Change Their Panties? / Why Do Girls Change Their Minds So Quickly / Why Do Girls Change Their Feelings So Quickly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by ChristineC: 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
I didn't experience that 'change'
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by jayonpoint(m): 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
temigracie: ...Just imagine this picture...

She was initially in a pond.....she was there with her mates...

Suddenly, she moved to a big river.....how do you think she s gonna behave??....She has changed levels ofcourse??....

Now, there are lots and lots of big fish in the river....will she remember her mates in the pond??....

Mba!!
So u bite d finger dat fed u coz u found big fish in d pond? Only women links like dis
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 15, 2014

Suddenly, she moved to a big river.....how do you think she s gonna behave??....She has changed levels ofcourse??....

Now, there are lots and lots of big fish in the river....will she remember her mates in the pond??....

Mba!!
Guys don't do this.
But what if the boyfriend was almost graduating from the university when she gained admission into university.
Why should her personality change again? When the guy is swimming away from the river she got intoi, and he is swimming into an Ocean. Why?
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by zicoraads: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Its not only ladies, even guys. Its a general 'thing' with humans. Change is constant in life. I also did the same thing back then when I entered school. For some reason, I felt she was now beneath me. She is a graduate now too, working in a good organiation. We still relate well too, no bad blood.
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Psychologically they will because the number one thing they av been dying to have is FREEDOM. Something a boi of 15yrs old already have wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by streetzdreamz(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
dmcdad:
It's really childish. Simple! And it baffles me much that some so-called mature people would come up here to support this. Mehn, I sometimes wonder what maturity entails when I get to encounter such people one way or another.

People should understand that, there is an absolute tendency that you would always move higher in life. It's normal. The question that should linger in our minds would be; do we keep dropping and picking up new friends at every of those times? For the non - knowledgeable ones it would be a yes, but for the wise and reasonable ones, that would be a no-no.

Now I ain't saying one shouldn't make better company. That would be an awkward advise. But do we throw away the ones we had before making new ones, up till the extent of not having time to talk or spend even an iota of time with them? Now, that would be silly to say the least. Now, if these people add nothing whatsoever to you, I guess we could say it would be a different kettle of fish. But even at that, that shouldn't rid them of having at least 5minutes of your time to chat for old-time sake. Besides, the person you despise today might just turn out to be someone to be reckoned with tomorrow.

Wait a minute, how does it seem to people? You have a friend and because you move a step higher in the ladder then he/she is automatically alienated? For someone that is not a friend, it would be totally understandable. But for a close fellow, then it's immaturity that is borne out of foolishness.
gbam,u'v said t all.had a frnd backden in highschool we were so close pple thought we were dating,after d exams she wrote me a note telling me she neva believed i wasnt goin to ask her out altru,just told her i took her as a frnd n nfn more,2yrs later i saw her in schl but she feigned ignorance like she never knew me,i simply walked on n didnt even utter a word to her,later anoda frnd of mine gave dsame comment abt her,stil cant comprehend wat brought abt her change of attitude,goin tru some comments here makes t seem like ts most ladies idea of stepping up d ladder,which in essence depicts dia low level of maturity n intelligence.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by Tayras: 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
tosyne2much: I swear any lady that supports this act and see nothing wrong in it is dumb and immature .. What does river have to do with what we are talking about ?... I also noticed that too... Most of my dudes back den in secondary sch still maintain conversation even if it can neva be the way it used to be then... Most of those ladies are jst so dumb and myopic... They tend to change and start acting awkward because they lack insight, foresight and don't understand how life goes... They presume it's the best measurement of class so they drastically change... How would you neglect or stop holding a conversation with your old-time frnds, neighbours or classmates because say you enta sch... To all the ladies with this silly mentality, its hightime you changed for beta.. THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN ORDINARY ADMISSION

change of environment increases ur exposure to people and life generally and as u grow too,u should be able to choose who to befriend(d good, d bad,critics,enemies of progress etc); so to me it isn't abt admission
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by collinsola: 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
Big girls with 9F wink2 D smiley and 1C lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by ojsmscom(m): 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
Environment affects them easily,they ar too flexible
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by ojsmscom(m): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
ojsmscom: Environment affects them easily,they ar too flexible
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by sanilistic: 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
Donfamous: It also happens in guys but not that rampant. Was also a victim
Yap it happens bt rare...
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by hensben(m): 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
dmcdad:
Exactly! This is exactly the point. This is what people don't seem to get about this issue. Why is it not common with the men? Is it only women that move higher in life? If one were to do a rough stat about this, it would be somewhat safe to say the probability of this happening with a guy is 1 in every 10 guys. But for the girls, 8 in every 10 girls would fall for this.

And imagine, someone gave an analogy of big fish and whatever pond. Ohh crap! Some said it's due to change which is the only constant thing. Dang! Seriously? We use change as an escape route for everything which sometimes seem foolish. Some said it's natural that when you move higher in life, you throw away the people that were with you before going higher. And one begins to imagine that these people have brains to think. They fail to think outta the box. They fail to go beyond their horizon. This is not about change, neither is it about big fish in a small pond, nor is it about moving up the ladder blah blah blah. I'd repeat this; it's pure immaturity that is borne out of utter foolishness.

Now let's get this straight... If we attribute it to change, we would be saying it's normal that when you get to the next stage of life, then you forget about everyone else. But if this were true, why is it only common with girls? This would bring us to the reality of the fact that most (definitely not all) of these kids girls are very immature in nature and allow pride to get the better of them. And I would want to treat it as an admission-exclusive issue. I don't wanna stretch this to other facet of life, but wanna dwell more on the admission whatever because that seems to be the area this happens more often a lot.

If you attribute it to a big fish small blah blah blah... Does that mean because you have gained admission and for that others should be despised? And is life all centred on getting admission to the university first? If that were the case, how come Dangote is up there albeit he was never a renowned scholar? How come Phd holders were longing to become his drivers? If only they understand how things revolve, then they would pay less heed to their immature thoughts that are bourne out of foolishness and pride.

And for those who said it's only normal in regards to class. What is class? Can you say because you are now at the pinnacle of life, then your parents that raised you from the slums are no longer worthy to be called your parents? Of course you would say it's a different kettle of fish with parents since you can't obviously change your blood relations. But it goes more than that. You get to imagine that how come the people that stood by you in your darkness should automatically be nobodies while now in light? Now let's take a lesson from many professional footballers, many of whom I know their stories. These people have close friends as they move from lower divisions to higher divisions and even to the opium of their careers, yet many of them still have people they tag "childhood friends". Now this is a perfect epitome of loyalty. Take Neymar for example, when he signed his contract for FCBarcelona last year, there was an agreement he would be allowed to receive his childhood friends once every 2 months. Imagine the prospect of being with players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Piqué et al. what other calibre of people does he need in his profession that he ain't enjoying at Barcelona. Yet, he recognised the need for those he grew up with. Respect!

Now that was a challenge and is still a challenge, that whatever height I attain, I should be humble still. Even the Bible (Proverbs) attested to this; that the higher a man goes, the humbler he should be. The bottom line is; the higher you go, you add certain friends (probably better ones) and you drop some old friends (but not to the extent of having to not give the person a minute or two, at least to ask how the person is faring with life), and even though you have to drop some needless people, you don't drop everyone because your class is changed.
nice point bro! Never drop old time friends because of class or level don change most especially when the friend was nice to you, there is always one guy cr7 never joke with, go watch atletico madrid vs real madrid ucl final, u will see when cr7 call the guy out from crowd and hug him, chatting with him, snap photos wtih him n the ucl cup. When I ask about the guy they said he is cr7 childhood friend from portugal, that he always invites him in every important games he wants to play

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by jaeik: 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
WHEN A MONKEY SUDDENLY SEES PLENTY BANANA grin U KNOW THAT REACTION.....ITS NOT THEIR FAULT.
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by tosyne2much(m): 12:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tayras:

change of environment increases ur exposure to people and life generally and as u grow too,u should be able to choose who to befriend(d good, d bad,critics,enemies of progress etc); so to me it isn't abt admission
yeah change of environment has elevated my level of exposure and life generally but I still I don't act stupidly... Wait first, ar you implying those exposures ought to have stopped me holding conversation or chill wit my tenants or my old-time frnds ?
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by Skryptchex(m): 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
dmcdad:
It's really childish. Simple! And it baffles me much that some so-called mature people would come up here to support this. Mehn, I sometimes wonder what maturity entails when I get to encounter such people one way or another.

People should understand that, there is an absolute tendency that you would always move higher in life. It's normal. The question that should linger in our minds would be; do we keep dropping and picking up new friends at every of those times? For the non - knowledgeable ones it would be a yes, but for the wise and reasonable ones, that would be a no-no.

Now I ain't saying one shouldn't make better company. That would be an awkward advise. But do we throw away the ones we had before making new ones, up till the extent of not having time to talk or spend even an iota of time with them? Now, that would be silly to say the least. Now, if these people add nothing whatsoever to you, I guess we could say it would be a different kettle of fish. But even at that, that shouldn't rid them of having at least 5minutes of your time to chat for old-time sake. Besides, the person you despise today might just turn out to be someone to be reckoned with tomorrow.

Wait a minute, how does it seem to people? You have a friend and because you move a step higher in the ladder then he/she is automatically alienated? For someone that is not a friend, it would be totally understandable. But for a close fellow, then it's immaturity that is borne out of foolishness.
Bros....u are the boss
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by makazona(m): 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
she change not knowing she may have been the 70th million person to gain admission.

its not a new thing but they are alws carried away by the hype of campus life.mtcheew

Rmba a child treasures even a teddy bear more than ur rolls royce.
Summary: they are all kids
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by emmymdk: 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2014

Mba!!

"Big Fish" indeed. That's why 98% of the so called big fish gets net picked easily. See Nija lady mentality, I weep for my people

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by EKPELIBE(m): 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
ACUALLY THEY THINK ITS A PLACE OF FREEDOM FROM HOME AND THEIR PARENTS. AGE IS ALSO ANOTHER FACTOR.
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by peter4d2(m): 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
@op ur right on point but still too far u say wen dey get admission into a uni me I say a gal we whr doing shokie back den went 4 g.c.e while I'm preparing/waiting 4 my forth coming waec dumped me n 2 tell u d truth I'm not bosting oh I finished b4 her infact I'hv also gone 4 service n she is jess starting hnd 2 nau she cannot luk me straight in d eyes n yea I guess level rily changed doe.
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by neighbourhud: 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2014

Mba!!
U said it all undecided
I wonder why they do that undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by samseen02(m): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
hensben: nice comment, @op nice observation but trust me they will come back to their senses after enough carry overs, u know say most ladies are very myopic, they fantasize life until reality hit them and most of them end up as aristo claiming levels don change..smh
God bless me and you
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by Yemisi63: 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
Lmfaooooooooooo. Guys, If you're having a bad day, read this post http://naijasinglegirl.net/cut-thy-coat-according-to-thy-size-2/ and thank me later
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by Abduletudaye(m): 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
There goes the neighborhood ma n.iqqa... I have this babe about entering UNI... She's so into me tho' but am getting prepared to 'dump' and yesh I said it... DUMP her when she enters.. I don't wish her bad at all.. Am just trying to avoid emotional stress.. Yo' Dig!
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
Temigracie, your suggestion is not best way to live life.
Some of those fishes you ignore today would leave the small pond someday and skip the big river to enter an Ocean where big fishes live.
Then you would remember him again and he would be like 'When I was nothing you gave me no attention'.. 'life na turn by turn'.

Please, most guys don't do this and that's why I love guys. Very mature.
You don't know who would be more successful eventually so we should always respect and remember our friends below.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by rucream: 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
Some girls still do it to their girls friend..I have couple of friends like that,they always feels like level don change...and funny thing is that most of them have nothing in their brain, and just because luck is on their side, they have to show attitude
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
tosyne2much: This rubbishh is only peculiar to majority of Nigerian dummy ladies. I swear any lady that supports this act and see nothing wrong in it is dumb and immature . I also noticed that too... Most of my dudes back den in secondary sch still hold conversation till date even if it can neva be the way it used to be then but it shldnt drastically reduce the d extent of ignoring or not holding conversation with dem anymore... Most of those ladies are jst so dumb and myopic... They tend to change and start acting awkwardly because they lack insight, foresight and don't understand the principles of life... They presume it's the best measurement of class so they drastically change... How would you neglect or stop holding a conversation with your old-time frnds, neighbours or classmates because say you enta sch... To all the ladies with this silly mentality, its hightime you changed for beta.. There's no biggie in this admission of a thing... Just that when you are so dumb and immature, it triggers pride and oppression.. THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN ORDINARY ADMISSION
You are too paranoid. Don't you ever state your point subtly?
You have a point though....
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by hayoakins(m): 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tasting Freedom for the first time usually get in their head and guys inclusive but the ladies are more guilty.
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
Girls simply change their ambitions to a higher level.. guys that complain have very little ambition.. are you going to keep chasing the girl next door in your compound whim yougrew up with? haba.. raise your level
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by hensben(m): 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
Stelvin101: Psychologically they will because the number one thing they av been dying to have is FREEDOM. Something a boi of 15yrs old already have wink
another nice point
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
pfft...rubbish. Wen i entered the varsity mary jane became my girlfriend, then we broke up. Does it make me any less of a person? Don't think so. Better yet i think it made me wiser. Look mehn without curiousity and mistakes and the crosses we have to carry we can't really move foward as individuals and as a people.
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by Kzinne: 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
Jamieb: Many of you must have observed this or even experienced it. Back in school then, thrz a female frnd will do talk almost everyday even on extra cool but the moment she gained admission she just switched off. Her character changed, and all that.
So many guys also complain that their gals change after gaining admission into schools. I dont know if to term it as one if the few ''madness'' of the female species cos after a while they will come back to beg for forgiveness.
u are still a very small boy. whats the meaning of the thrash you wrote?
Re: Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) by tosyne2much(m): 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
You are too paranoid. Don't you ever state your point subtly?
You have a point though....
hehehehe.. Are you serious ? When did u notice this ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Blazer Blaze Joeblaze, Sierra Leonean Singer Weds Older White Woman / Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With a Drone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.