Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less (35021 Views)

Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / 21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by cococandy(f): 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
So there are edcuated and disciplined women?keep contraditing yourself.
I thought you said 50calibre was right and nigerian women aren't worth it.
Now there are disciplined ones too?

cheesy

Have a nice day o Johnny.
ferdimako:
I don't have heartbreaks and that is what I teach men not to have. No need...unless u never read Issaiah4. Any lady I talk with now wanna marry me...I'm a straight guy. I respect gay pple...it is their choice or the way they are wired. But most of the women wishing I pop d question are only woman. Educated and disciplined women can do all those u listed. So?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by warrior01: 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: lol... No one is frustrating me, I just like to be realistic. Funny enough I always tell people that I won't get married cuz I don't think anyone will want to marry me. So whenever these NL eediots mock me, I just laugh cuz I don't expect any less.
Why have such a low opinion of yourself? I think you really need help.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: i'm not wooing anyone. I like tall guys, it's a major requirement, not the ONLY one. Thank God for your height
As u have ur requirements... so do others. I never believed it was only height, so I listed mine. Try to woo in order to showcase ur inner or hidden qualities. U can remain unmarried if u like.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
50calibre:
It doesn't matter, I mingle with the Nigerian community here & when I'm in Nigeria I have opportunity of meeting different types of women both young & old.

Finding a good wife-material Nigerian woman is like finding a needle in a haystack, they're are greedy, dangerous & so uncultured. Often times they try to hide their real attitude but with time, you begin to see the real person.

The truth may be bitter, but I consider Nigerian women a very bad investment, if i start narrating to you what I've seen Nigerian women do to their husbands in the UK, you'd run.

Tell them, bruddah! cool

Personally, my own understanding of "Nigerian women settling for less" means: Naij women settling for Ghanaians or men from other African countries because naija are the hottest commodities out of Africa, and far superior to naija women, who're very promiscuous and needy, but pretentious about it.

Honestly, I think it should be about naija men not settling for less (naija women), and aiming higher. Being with a naija woman is more or less a curse these days, I tell ya.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by cococandy(f): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
Then don't marry a Nigerian.

It's that simple.
I'm sure there are plenty English babes swooning at your feet.
Girls from all nations willing to worship you and put up with your excesses(which I'm sure is your definiton of wife material)

Why spend your every waking moment dissing girls that don't send you?
50calibre:

It doesn't matter, I mingle with the Nigerian community here & when I'm in Nigeria I have opportunity of meeting different types of women both young & old.

Finding a good wife-material Nigerian woman is like finding a needle in a haystack, they're are greedy, dangerous & so uncultured. Often times they try to hide their real attitude but with time, you begin to see the real person.

The truth may be bitter, but I consider Nigerian women a very bad investment, if i start narrating to you what I've seen Nigerian women do to their husbands in the UK, you'd run.

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
cococandy: So there are edcuated and disciplined women?keep contraditing yourself.
I thought you said 50calibre was right and nigerian women aren't worth it.
Now there are disciplined ones too?

cheesy

Have a nice day o Johnny.
Yea.. very few. I can marry from any country. I want quality, abeg.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
50calibre:

Well we can argue on this but mind you I said at least 80%. They could well be more than that.

And I ask, is 80% enough to make a generalisation?
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
100Cents: Finally, in the end, you will have only yourself to blame...

Since you are a trophy who deserves free food, free ride, expensive dates and BIS/recharge card for doing absolutely nothing. Please do not settle for less.

The way our young ladies carry themselves shows that marriage is not their ultimate goal but scouting for the richest, most handsome and most successful man in the society who is willing enough to pay the imaginary value she has placed on her love.

These sort of ladies do not take corrections for any wrong. They are always right and the last thing she expects from you, her date, is saying that what she did didn't go down well with you, instantly her mind tells her, " it is time to dump mike for John ".

Some of them go as far as dating every single guy who says hi to them seeing him as a potential maga to be kept on the ever long list of those under her false promise of, " I will come and see you ". Because he is a potential goldmine and will serve a future purpose at a future date. This keeps the stu.pid gullible man calling and sending recharge card to make sure he out performs or outsmarts any other competitor for the elusive girl. It is all a game. But it ends in confusion. It takes deceiving oneself first to be able to deceive others..

God punish all the gold digging ladies. All the men you have wrecked with your lying tongues and pretences will hunt you later.. Keep searching for Mr. Right. He has already passed you by when you treated him as dung..

Nonsense..
Stands up to give him a Nazzi ovationcheesycheesy well done on a job well donesmiley
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Clone2020(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
All this feminist stuff piss me off sometimes.... Ladies if u want to remain single, miserable and the butt of all jokes in the community go ahead and follow op's advice. Even Obama's wife with her Harvard law degree and status as First Lady will never publicly challenge her man or promote this feminist crap

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2014

Since you are a trophy who deserves free food, free ride, expensive dates and BIS/recharge card for doing absolutely nothing. Please do not settle for less.

The way our young ladies carry themselves shows that marriage is not their ultimate goal but scouting for the richest, most handsome and most successful man in the society who is willing enough to pay the imaginary value she has placed on her love.

These sort of ladies do not take corrections for any wrong. They are always right and the last thing she expects from you, her date, is saying that what she did didn't go down well with you, instantly her mind tells her, " it is time to dump mike for John ".

Some of them go as far as dating every single guy who says hi to them seeing him as a potential maga to be kept on the ever long list of those under her false promise of, " I will come and see you ". Because he is a potential goldmine and will serve a future purpose at a future date. This keeps the stu.pid gullible man calling and sending recharge card to make sure he out performs or outsmarts any other competitor for the elusive girl. It is all a game. But it ends in confusion. It takes deceiving oneself first to be able to deceive others..

God punish all the gold digging ladies. All the men you have wrecked with your lying tongues and pretences will hunt you later.. Keep searching for Mr. Right. He has already passed you by when you treated him as dung..

Nonsense..
U sound pained..... It well Bro
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by macof(m): 3:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: Being born into a society such as the Nigerian one connites certain things for a female.

From the day you can tell your right from your left, you're basically taught to be subservient to men. You're told that your place is in the kitchen and your brothers' place is in front of the television. Most of all, you're told that your only purpose in this world, is to fulfill the desires of some dude, serve him and bear his children. You are not to aspire for anything more and failure to live up to these expectations means failure as a person.

Well, this thread was inspired by a certain thread that was on FP today:

https://www.nairaland.com/1911041/why-nigerian-girls-should-not

Now, the stupidity of this thread is baffling. Basically, it's some lady telling females to settle for less. Telling us that we do not deserve the best and we shouldn't make any efforts to aspire for such because that would be foolhardy.

I honestly sympathise with her that she was unable to get the man of her desires, and eventually chose to settle for Plan B, who in fact was not what she desired, but as they say, when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable.

Time and again on Nairaland you find numerous chauvinists telling women basically that they have no opinion, telling us that we ought to dance skelewu because one of these rare species called 'men' looked upon us with pity and decided to marry us. And for those poor souls like Rita Dominic, Linda Ikeji and Genevieve Nnaji who are yet to be honored witha wedding ring? They should keep praying the rosary and hope they don't die 'marriageless'

Marriage is the be all and end all of a woman, therefore, she must settle for a raggamuffin if she hasn't found a gentleman at the ripe 'OLD' age of 27. Once you're through with University, your next bus stop should be a man's house.

Many women have ended up in loveless, frustrating marriages after settling for less, because all your friends got married after University doesn't mean you must marry at that time. Don't be the one whose story ends with 'Had I Known'

Feel free to live a little, keep your head on your shoulders, walk with your chin up, if you want your man to be as tall as Lebron James, don't settle for Tom Cruise, if you want him to be as charming as Antonio Banderas, don't settle for Al Pacino, if you want him to be as fit as CR7, don't settle for Mr. Ibu. If you must settle for less, let it be reasonable, don't go from a Lebron to a Kevin Hart because you're 'getting old and all your mates are married" no be who marry first dey happy pass.

Even the bible says "ask and it shall be given unto you" so if you tell God "I will manage..." He will bless you with a 'manageable' man.

God bless you as you settle with the best smiley

I know the thread of "height shouldn't matter in picking a man" pissed u off.
But as a lady pls answer my this question..why do women prefer taller men? Note: I didn't say tall men over short men...jst taller men
Does this matter at all?

like All naija girls I know well, they want tall, handsome, rich, caring, heavy spending etc. men.
Wat happens if the man who truly loves u and would do anything for u has less?

You reject him for a guy that has more but no love and respect for you?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 50calibre(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
shymexx:

Tell them, bruddah! cool

Personally, my own understanding of "Nigerian women settling for less" means: Naij women settling for Ghanaians or men from other African countries because naija are the hottest commodities out of Africa, and far superior to naija women, who're very promiscuous and needy, but pretentious about it.

Honestly, I think it should be about naija men not settling for less (naija women), and aiming higher. Being with a naija woman is more or less a curse these days,
I tell ya.

Word!! I couldn't agree more.

It's funny when I hear them say they don't want to settle for less. A great injustice was done to Nigerian men, given the crop of Nigerian women many have to settle for.

Naija men are hot cakes, look around today, you see other African women snapping up the closest Nigerian guy they can find.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
macof:

I know the thread of "height shouldn't matter in picking a man" pissed u off.
But as a lady pls answer my this question..why do women prefer taller men? Note: I didn't say tall men over short men...jst taller men
Does this matter at all?

like All naija girls I know well, they want tall, handsome, rich, caring, heavy spending etc. men.
Wat happens if the man who truly loves u and would do anything for u has less?

You reject him for a guy that has more but no love and respect for you?

They said they prefer crying on a Benz to Keke.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
adegwurulez: Great use of english, great sense of humor and a great deal of guts -- thats just about it.

whilst i admire your 'women shouldn't settle for less' crusade and your fight against gender-role-stereotyping or whatever dumbass name it is called, i'd like to lay bare some facts opposing your views.

1. In your bid to debunk the notion that men are doing our female folks a favour by marrying them, you only succeeded in turning the victim side of the coin to us. Actually, that is disservice of the greatest order to the male folks. Whether you like it or not, we were born imperfect and there is a great void in us that continually yearns to be filled. Furtunately, there is a perfect facet that can fill that void and that is the opposite sex. So the chicks need the guys so badly as do the guys them. This is in reply to your paragraph on Rita Dominic, Linda and Genevieve. No matter how hard these ladies try to convice us they are happy with their single status, they aren't and thats a glaring fact. I seriously hope they settle down someday cos the fufillment of a woman is to have a home, not just a house.

2. Its fine if you want to marry CR7 cos he's fit but that doesn't make Mr. ibu less a man and non-husband material. Using the word 'less' in reference to the second group of guys is a tad insultive.
Ladies this days are too obsessed with physical appearance that by the time they realize what they've gotten themselves into, their mr. fit CR7 would have turned them into a nice brazuca ball to be played in their maracana stadium of a home.

I didn't mean to sound chauvinistic in any way, but if my post betrayed my intent then i'm sorry.
My advice to ladies out there is to look inward when looking for your man.
Mr. Ibu might not be fit outwardly but might turn out to be fitter than CR7 in heart so the bulk lies with you ladies; what type of fitness do you want, fitness of the heart or physical fitness, Do you prefer a tall man with a short heart to a short guy with tall heart? (coming from a tall guy grin )
This isn't the first time i'm reading a comment from a respectful, confident,graceful guyman like yourself- and thats why people(not only ladies) like tall men. I don't know genny and rita domnic personally so it wouldn't be right to guess whats going on in their minds and hearts to know if they are happy with their single status or not. I however know that there are people who prefer to live alone and as long as they remain true to themselves and not succumb to the society's expectations, they remain happy until they eventually change their mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
Joavid:

him pity una with dat figure...it's close to 99%. tongue
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by macof(m): 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: oga, no be only me. Abi can you settle for less? After making up your mind that you must marry Genevieve, will you decide to marry Lepacious Bose because Genevieve is not available?

madam, there's such a thing as class

Genevieve probably doesnt go for a guy not up to her class, this could be reason for her loneliness at 35, I don't know her personally but she may be waiting for the perfect man, and not willing to settle for an inch less.
What if the mr. Perfect never comes but Mr right for her, has been there all along?

right is not always perfect, infact A man who has everything in ur criteria is almost impossible (if not totally impossible considering the saying "No human is perfect"wink. Even if u find such a man shey na only u? Other girls too want him grin grin
you would be forced to settle for less grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
50calibre:

It's funny when I hear them say they don't want to settle for less. A great injustice was done to Nigerian men, given the crop of Nigerian women many have to settle for.

Naija men are hot cakes, look around today, you see other African women snapping up the closest Nigerian guy they can find.

Mikel with the Russian and one Zainab was crying...
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 50calibre(m): 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
cococandy: Then don't marry a Nigerian.

It's that simple.
I'm sure there are plenty English babes swooning at your feet.
Girls from all nations willing to worship you and put up with your excesses(which I'm sure is your definiton of wife material)

Why spend your every waking moment dissing girls that don't send you?

For me, nationality is not going to be deciding factor in marriage. What I care about is someone who would make me happy & not cause me problems.

My uncle has married thrice, all to Nigerian women. The first ran away with his kids and brainwashed them. his kids are in their 20s now & barely know their dad. The second ruined his life & almost killed him, now he's married another. This one is from mbaise & loves money more than life. It will end badly, it's matter of when & I'm afraid he may not survive this one.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 4C2215131: 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Peterken05: Nice one safarigirl,

you've got some points, ladies shouldnt settle for the less and keep their heads up, they shouldnt let any religious/tradition poo determine how their life will be. They should focus on what they think its right.

Women/Ladies can get more out of life if they want to get MORE

You may never agree and you may cite examples of women who have wanted "MORE" and are happy, but I tell you this; A successful "MORE" woman and happiness are mutually exclusive. It's a shame but, the way the society (world at large, not just Africa) has been set to run, it's not just possible for her. A shame I know, but, it is what it is. No matter the example you cite, I can point you to a deeper research of her (your example) "mundane" affairs and how the quest for "MORE" (which by the way is her God given right) has messed everything up.

In a nutshell in this thing of ours called life, the balance doesn't favour the "MORE" at all cost woman. Hell, even the "MORE" man has sleepless nights informed by acts inherent in furthering his "MORE" attitude talk less of a woman. But of course if she's ready to pay the price which most women being creatures of emotions can't, then of course the secrets of the universe awaits her beckoning and eventual embrace. So, before you digest the OP's post, take a moment aside to count the cost. Not telling you to hold back, just count the cost. No need getting to the top of the ladder only to discover it's leaning against the wrong wall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 50calibre(m): 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Joavid:

Madam Joavid I said at least 80%, I was being considerate.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 50calibre(m): 4:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:
Mikel with the Russian and one Zainab was crying...

Zainab should cry her eyes out as that's all she can do.

A man can't go back to drink urine after he's tasted wine.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie: The lady never said we should settle for less - I guess y'all misunderstood her...she meant, we shouldn't be blinded by physical looks, sometimes marriage goes beyond the physique...just marry someone you wanna wake up to everyday (and vice-versa)...that's just it
-Never settle for less - always settle for the best, but then we can't satisfactorily define less/best...no single human out there is less

...and please this cliché of 'ladies being in loveless marriages' as a point is fast becoming boring/stereotyped.

I think the problem we have these days arises from poor comprehension...the lady used words like- Obsessed, Most...she wasn't in anyway speaking in an affirmative, even though her points came out harsh...It's all about choice - If you wanna wait for yo Lamar - Voila...don't forget that Lamar has his own 'required requirements' - I hope you meet them too.
That your 'Lamar' might be some other ladys' 'Kevin Hart'

... why is there so much pressure/focus on the female folks and their choices in life?...I just don't gerrit
-they say 'marriage' is overhyped, yet it is one topic that gets so much attention...let it slide pls

P.S : The fact that you called her post 'stupeed' is unprofessional and...I don't know what else to call it... undecided...we can't all be of the same school of thought - respect her own reasoning.
-If you have to counter her, go back to her post, read/understand it properly...then counter her.

how exactly, would you come online and call someones' husband a PLAN-B (What's even wrong in a PLAN-B, What's a Plan without PLAN-B?...nne sometimes PLAN-B done sure pass @ one pt in our lives), and an available that became desirable??
Jeez...I know this is a forum, but before you 'submit'...take a moment to review your choice of words...Thanks
I know what this op is trying to pass out,but she shouldn't have insulted the others op hubby even if she didn't agree with her view.That is one thing about Nairalanders once they do not share your school of thought they turn towards insult.Even though this op made some relevant issues the manner she passed it is repugnant.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 4C2215131: 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
adegwurulez: Great use of english, great sense of humor and a great deal of guts -- thats just about it.

whilst i admire your 'women shouldn't settle for less' crusade and your fight against gender-role-stereotyping or whatever dumbass name it is called, i'd like to lay bare some facts opposing your views.

1. In your bid to debunk the notion that men are doing our female folks a favour by marrying them, you only succeeded in turning the victim side of the coin to us. Actually, that is disservice of the greatest order to the male folks. Whether you like it or not, we were born imperfect and there is a great void in us that continually yearns to be filled. Furtunately, there is a perfect facet that can fill that void and that is the opposite sex. So the chicks need the guys so badly as do the guys them. This is in reply to your paragraph on Rita Dominic, Linda and Genevieve. No matter how hard these ladies try to convice us they are happy with their single status, they aren't and thats a glaring fact. I seriously hope they settle down someday cos the fufillment of a woman is to have a home, not just a house.

2. Its fine if you want to marry CR7 cos he's fit but that doesn't make Mr. ibu less a man and non-husband material. Using the word 'less' in reference to the second group of guys is a tad insultive.
Ladies this days are too obsessed with physical appearance that by the time they realize what they've gotten themselves into, their mr. fit CR7 would have turned them into a nice brazuca ball to be played in their maracana stadium of a home.

I didn't mean to sound chauvinistic in any way, but if my post betrayed my intent then i'm sorry.
My advice to ladies out there is to look inward when looking for your man.
Mr. Ibu might not be fit outwardly but might turn out to be fitter than CR7 in heart so the bulk lies with you ladies; what type of fitness do you want, fitness of the heart or physical fitness, Do you prefer a tall man with a short heart to a short guy with tall heart? (coming from a tall guy grin )

Post like yours make me BELIEVE in the intelligence of certain Nigerians. Such objectivity and on-point analysis. Keep it up man.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Toks2008(m): 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: Being born into a society such as the Nigerian one connites certain things for a female.

I honestly sympathise with her that she was unable to get the man of her desires, and eventually chose to settle for Plan B, who in fact was not what she desired, but as they say, when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable.

Time and again on Nairaland you find numerous chauvinists telling women basically that they have no opinion, telling us that we ought to dance skelewu because one of these rare species called 'men' looked upon us with pity and decided to marry us. And for those poor souls like Rita Dominic, Linda Ikeji and Genevieve Nnaji who are yet to be honored witha wedding ring? They should keep praying the rosary and hope they don't die 'marriageless'

Marriage is the be all and end all of a woman, therefore, she must settle for a raggamuffin if she hasn't found a gentleman at the ripe 'OLD' age of 27. Once you're through with University, your next bus stop should be a man's house.

Many women have ended up in loveless, frustrating marriages after settling for less, because all your friends got married after University doesn't mean you must marry at that time. Don't be the one whose story ends with 'Had I Known'

Feel free to live a little, keep your head on your shoulders, walk with your chin up, if you want your man to be as tall as Lebron James, don't settle for Tom Cruise, if you want him to be as charming as Antonio Banderas, don't settle for Al Pacino, if you want him to be as fit as CR7, don't settle for Mr. Ibu. If you must settle for less, let it be reasonable, don't go from a Lebron to a Kevin Hart because you're 'getting old and all your mates are married" no be who marry first dey happy pass.

Even the bible says "ask and it shall be given unto you" so if you tell God "I will manage..." He will bless you with a 'manageable' man.

Story for the gods
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by cococandy(f): 4:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
If only you knew how many Nigerian women I know married to horrible Nigerian men,you would forgive if I come out to say the rubbish about all Nigerian men not being worth it and bla bla bla.
But I won't say that.
Because I know it's simply not true.

In your case,make sure nationality is a part of what you look out for.
You're already biased against Nig. Women. Don't marry an innocent girl with this bias and make her miserable because you'll attribute any little fault she has to her being nigerian.

50calibre:

For me, nationality is not going to be deciding factor in marriage. What I care about is someone who would make me happy & not cause me problems.

My uncle has married thrice, all to Nigerian women. The first ran away with his kids and brainwashed them. his kids are in their 20s now & barely know their dad. The second ruined his life & almost killed him, now he's married another. This one is from mbaise & loves money more than life. It will end badly, it's matter of when & I'm afraid he may not survive this one.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
50calibre:

To hear naija women talking about not settling for less is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard, since a lot of them don't have much to offer any guy, to be honest. And when it comes to Nigerian men, who're a superior, these women need to start jumping at any opportunity that presents itself. Ever wondered why there's a drastic increment in the number of naija guys marrying women from other countries in the last few years? - look no further than all the better alternatives to naija women out there.

Growing up, I used to wonder why all my Uncles call naija chics "crazy biitches" and why almost all of them married Ghanaians, except one who married a Nigerian. And he's the only one having problems in his marriage now. Heck, the wife kicked him out of his own house a few months ago. I understand better now.

When you're with a naija woman - these are a few things you should be ready to live with subconsciously:

- at least one of your kids won't be your biological kids because a lot of them are promiscuous.

- a lot of them are with you because of what you've to offer at that moment and once you lose that thing, they will end up going with the wind. And if they stay, you won't be the only one smashing it.

- most of them aren't that good looking but they run their mouths too much, with a primeval mentality they mask with superficial sophistication.

- a lot of them have zilch to offer you, apart from what they can take - very needy.

- and once they can spot any of your weakness or they're in a position where things favour them, they will always take advantage of you and that space they're in.

That said, there might be a few good ones. However, most are them are just not worth it - and it seems they all innately share this superficial and pretentious primeval mentality that's off-putting.

Anyway, I just came on the thread to co-sign you. These women aren't worth talking about, to be honest. Off to football! cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by karkel(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2014

God punish all the gold digging ladies. All the men you have wrecked with your lying tongues and pretences will hunt you later.. Keep searching for Mr. Right. He has already passed you by when you treated him as dung..true talk joor

Nonsense..
true talk joor
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by mrnigeria(m): 4:16pm On Sep 21, 2014

From the day you can tell your right from your left, you're basically taught to be subservient to men. You're told that your place is in the kitchen and your brothers' place is in front of the television. Most of all, you're told that your only purpose in this world, is to fulfill the desires of some dude, serve him and bear his children. You are not to aspire for anything more and failure to live up to these expectations means failure as a person.

Well, this thread was inspired by a certain thread that was on FP today:

https://www.nairaland.com/1911041/why-nigerian-girls-should-not

Now, the stupidity of this thread is baffling. Basically, it's some lady telling females to settle for less. Telling us that we do not deserve the best and we shouldn't make any efforts to aspire for such because that would be foolhardy.

Its not about subservience. Just make sure you don't misplace priorities. If you have dreams follow them. Most babes got no dreams tho. Except for a dream prince. There is no ideal man or generic. Every woman has her prince. But to set ideals in ur mind robs you of a lot. A whole lot of satisfaction in life. I need you to read the thread you referred to again.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Toks2008(m): 4:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
@OP, If you like preach from now till tomorrow,it does not change the fact that 95% of Nigerian ladies will never be with a man for the right reasons.

All these historical,rethorical n ecclessiastical mombo jumbo does not apply to Nigerian ladies.

My advice to naija guys is to try their best to make good money snd you will be the ideal man of most of them no matter how ugly,short or terrible your decorum is,they will settle for you idiocyncracies.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
50calibre:

Zainab should cry her eyes as that's all she can do.

A man can't go back to drink urine after he's tasted wine.
shocked
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Toks2008(m): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mondisweets: Men tell each other every time not to rush into getting married to a woman or settle for less, but when a woman gives the same advice to other women its will only because she hates men! grin this is hilarious!

A lady has no business in been selective when it comes to outward quslities because wat matters is what you mean to the guy so this not settling for less should be well contextualized.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
First @op, I wonder where u ladies come from or where u get this usual line of: female child are told that their place is in d kitchen n the boy in front of d telly, gosh! Black women have turned to pathetic liars just to get the world's attention. I see some women-activists wannabes use this same line on TVs, etc, its irritating cos my own sister was d commander in chief of our home back then n she had a wonderful career, got married to a grt man....in fact, all d guys in d house respected her words more than any other n my father never played with her till date.

I am sure many Nigerian families too uphold their girl childs this way...no one forced my sister to marry her husband...n d man she married was a poor broke guy when she met him n she herself was even working n spending on d guy n his siblings...some richer guys were even coming to ask her hand in marriage, but she refused cos she said she was scared to marry a man she never knew how he acquired his riches...that she preferred to grow with her man, and God gave it to her- today she n her hubby r rich!! Her hubby is even richer than her now!

So stop telling d world the wrong things cos for all I know, female childs even get d best attention/care/education, unless u are from d northern Nigeria, cos in igbo land female children get d best of family love, care, attention n education.

Now @op, I love your courage and outspokenness but pls if u or any other lady don't want settle for less, pls make sure u are very beautiful, as in super-pretty with unimaginable shape! (I don't mean average beauty, I mean as pretty as Kim Kardashian and above, anything less won't worksmiley) That's number 1grin

Make sure u are going to make enough money, have awesome career/business/handwork/etc and have enough cash! That's number 3grin

Make sure u won't ask any guy u are going to date or dating for monetary or whatsoever favour; be ready to spend and never demand from any man who isn't your father or sibling, that's number 4!

Make sure u are ready to be wooing guys- the type u dream of n desire to settle with, and be very prepared to entertain rejection if they feel u aren't good enough for them. So don't wait for guys to come chyke u cos u may never see that ur tall, dark/fair, rich, charming, etc man come around till u grow old...so be ready to chase them like men chase the women they want n desirecheesy

You can't be ugly or average-looking, kobo-less, no good job, no mouth-watering career, no good education, no good family background and be looking to marry or settle with the best man in town, no way!cheesy men have wise up...gone are the days except u are extremely lucky.

Guys who want to marry d best wives always hustle to get the best of what many women desire- MONEY!! So ladies do same n u will settle for d bestgrin

I think if u and any other lady who doesn't want to settle for less can do the above, u ladies will definitely settle for the best, trust mesmiley

Once again, well done op for a good jobsmiley

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

If We Are Dating & I Find Out You Play Sports Betting, It’s Over - Nigerian Lady / First Date And She Refused To Come To A Cool Place I Suggested / Is Sex With Your Cousin A Religious Sin Or A Societal Taboo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.