Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less (35016 Views)

Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / 21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by cococandy(f): 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
it is still this same set of men who will go abroad,marry and get divorced after tasting what women from other nationalites are like.
then come running back with their second hand selves and tails in between their legs for a Nigerian wife.

Na today?
By the time they play lord of the manor once or twice for the foreign lady and she's having non of it,dumps their asss and kicks him out of the house he's paying for BTW,while also paying child support,alimony and getting SUPERVISED visits to his own kids,they begin to come home to find more 'traditional' women.

And by traditional. They mean Nigerian women who swallow all sorts of poo to remian married.
If we weren't so pliant,y'all wouldn't have the guts to insult us on public forums like this.

It's our fault.really.
Putting up with sh1t can only get one to be treated and regarded as sh1t.

Find your foreign women and marry and come back with your good stories(we are waiting)
Experience is the best teacher.

Only in Nigeria can you see 'MEN' sitting around dissing their women undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
cococandy: it is still this same set of men who will go abroad,marry and get divorced after tasting what women from other nationalites are like.
then come running back with their second hand selves and tails in between their legs for a Nigerian wife.

Na today?
By the time they play lord of the manor once or twice for the foreign lady and she's having non of it,dumps their asss and kicks him out of the house he's paying for BTW,while also paying child support,alimony and getting SUPERVISED visits to his own kids,they begin to come home to find more 'traditional' women.

And by traditional. They mean Nigerian women who swallow all sorts of poo to remian married.
If we weren't so pliant,y'all wouldn't have the guts to insult us on public forums like this.

It's our fault.really.

Find your foreign women and marry and come back with your good stories(we are waiting)

Story...although, nobody is afraid of divorces. We are waiting to get it right. Nigerian women do all those only that courts are not in their favor for now. Many married Nigerian men (with Nigerian ladies) pretend to be happy in Nigeria or abroad.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
Now, let me give some unexposed reasons y Linda Ikeji, Genevieve Nnaji, Rita Domnic that u mentioned aren't married yet.

First, dnt think they don't want to get married- every human wants, except they have tried n repeatedly failed, so they have no option than to pretend they don't wanna marry.

For Linda Ikeji, the kind of man she wants to settle with isn't coming forth...I can tell u d kind of man she wants...and u knw y they aren't coming Those kind of guys don't want someone like Linda...they prefer pretty ladies from well-to-do family backgrounds and not some lady who just rose to fame from who-knows-how and where...that's y she's finding it difficult to settle...and if she must settle down soon, she has to stop dreaming abt those kind of guys n settle for d ones that want her cos such guys whom I know very well won't wanna marry a lady like Linda Ikeji- reason, that's for another topicsmiley

Genevieve Nnaji: definitely the fact that she has had a baby before and then rose to fame worries many men who would want to settle with her. And remember her Atiku Abubakar scandal back then she was coming up That news still rings bell in many guys eyes n many reputable Nigerian mothers wouldn't want their son to marry a lady like Genevieve Nnaji....so she has to settle for the available ones dying for her if she wants to marry.

Rita Domnic: Rita is a fake girl!!! I know her family very well and I can boldly tell u that Rita's fake lifestyle and denial of her origin and culture isn't going down well with many potential suitors...plus other reasons...let me stop here for now.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 4C2215131: 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
ZUBY77: While you have some good points, you still mixed things up.

This whole thing has to do with the society you were born into.
Things change over time.

The same America you are trying to stamp as the good environment restricted women from voting.
But eventually relaxed the laws that restricted women from doing certain things.

Whether you like it or not, We have males and females on earth.
One is stronger than the other and when you are stronger (America) You decide for the weaker (Iraq, Libya etc).

In African context, a certain law made it that women doesn't get land allocations in their fathers place.
It was made so to encourage marriage.
If you decide not to get married, that's your business buy understand that you are not getting nothing from the Father.
You must either marry or make your own big money.
Even with your money, you are not allowed to have kids in your father's place.

So the marriage thing comes again.

When your desired man is not reachable, you can step down a little.
Yes, men do the same too.
I know thousands of men who wanted to marry Ini Edo but when it didn't work, they didn't go for Angelina Jolie, they stepped down.

So forget your biased opinion.

I have seen your posts where you argue with guys over football, it is something you have the right to do and must be encouraged but to tell your father that you want Brad Pitt or nobody else, then you must go out and look for Brad or don't come back because you can never be the only one who saw Brad on TV.

All in all, knowing when to cash in is important.
God blessed women in such a way that numerous men always come after them whether they are ugly or beautiful, it is left for the girls to be calculative and know when to cash in.

Stop dreaming, we live in a real world.

It's ok to dream, we just have to markers and reality checks. So, your post is on point. I think an angle that may not have been explored is the question of what engenders the attitude described by the OP. Now, folks may not agree but I feel our religious and philosophical leaders are guilty of fostering this attitude that has destroyed more than it's built. You ask how? I'll tell you how; Their mania with "Faith Messages", "Word of Faith", un-bridled "Positive Thinking" and their attendant corollaries.

They (proponents) feed the mind of their subjects with these words making them believe that as long as they are in "covenant" with God or in touch with "their Inner Self" or whatever lines they use nowadays and they are agreed on the type of man, woman, job, children, health status e.t.c accepting anything else is a show of dis-belief which makes them feel less worthy of God.

Now, folks will vehemently deny this positing that these leaders guide you on what you need to do in the "physical" to bring about the desired change, but I beg to differ. A sermon or literature that admonishes you 90 percent or more to just use your faith rather than your brawns cannot in my view swing the "balanced" message argument.

Folks, life is a process of discovery, meant to be enjoyed, savoured so know that all you go through from botched relationships, business failures and such is for you to learn something more and apply another method, route, principle to get to what you seek; HAPPINESS. So, if you discover that your happiness is a function of your inflexible attitude towards life and what it throws at you, you my friend, are done for!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by NaMe4: 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie: The lady never said we should settle for less - I guess y'all misunderstood her...she meant, we shouldn't be blinded by physical looks, sometimes marriage goes beyond the physique...just marry someone you wanna wake up to everyday (and vice-versa)...that's just it
-Never settle for less - always settle for the best, but then we can't satisfactorily define less/best...no single human out there is less

...and please this cliché of 'ladies being in loveless marriages' as a point is fast becoming boring/stereotyped.

I think the problem we have these days arises from poor comprehension...the lady used words like- Obsessed, Most...she wasn't in anyway speaking in an affirmative, even though her points came out harsh...It's all about choice - If you wanna wait for yo Lamar - Voila...don't forget that Lamar has his own 'required requirements' - I hope you meet them too.
That your 'Lamar' might be some other ladys' 'Kevin Hart'

... why is there so much pressure/focus on the female folks and their choices in life?...I just don't gerrit
-they say 'marriage' is overhyped, yet it is one topic that gets so much attention...let it slide pls

P.S : The fact that you called her post 'stupeed' is unprofessional and...I don't know what else to call it... undecided...we can't all be of the same school of thought - respect her own reasoning.
-If you have to counter her, go back to her post, read/understand it properly...then counter her.

how exactly, would you come online and call someones' husband a PLAN-B (What's even wrong in a PLAN-B, What's a Plan without PLAN-B?...nne sometimes PLAN-B done sure pass @ one pt in our lives), and an available that became desirable??
Jeez...I know this is a forum, but before you 'submit'...take a moment to review your choice of words...Thanks

Just Brilliant!
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
cococandy: it is still this same set of men who will go abroad,marry and get divorced after tasting what women from other nationalites are like.

Na today?

It's our fault.really.

My sister i tire ooo. The men in nairaland nag toooooo much!!! Chai!! Do you see men from other countries sit down and cry and cry and cry and lament all day about their women the way they do in this Nairaland? Even as Feministic as other women from other nationalities are, do you still see their men lament the way the men here lament?? Haba!! I have never seen men Nag like women as they doing in this site. Like kilode? Nigerian ladies are this, they do this, they do that. Their nagging is just soooo boring. What could be the cause of these? I sense a very huge inferiority complex coupled with very poor relationships with women. It seems a lot of them do not know how to sustain meaningful relationships because of these stereotypes they create and stick to. Very Poor social skills with women is what i sense here. And since ladies are becoming more and more aware of what they want, they become more and more frustrated!! MEN WHO ARE NATURALLY CONFIDENT DO NOT SPEND SO MUCH TIME DISSING WOMEN EVERYDAY. I weep for ladies who will end up with all these cry babies in this thread. The unfortunate ladies will have a lot of nappy changing to do. 'I can't marry a Nigerian woman', bla bla bla. Yet they end up with us when their white women throw them out. white women are not as stupid as we are na.

After all the drama and beating of chests the men do here, they turn around and still marry the worst women on earth!! the nigerian ladies they detest and criticise, they still marry them. You go fear hypocrisy!! Please leave these cry babies in their misery. They are depressed!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 5:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
warrior01:
Why have such a low opinion of yourself? I think you really need help.
maybe I do, but who has my time?
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 50calibre(m): 5:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
shymexx:

To hear naija women talking about not settling for less is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard, since a lot of them don't have much to offer any guy, to be honest. And when it comes to Nigerian men, who're a superior, these women need to start jumping at any opportunity that presents itself. Ever wondered why there's a drastic increment in the number of naija guys marrying women from other countries in the last few years? - look no further than all the better alternatives to naija women out there.

Growing up, I used to wonder why all my Uncles call naija chics "crazy biitches" and why almost all of them married Ghanaians, except one who married a Nigerian. And he's the only one having problems in his marriage now. Heck, the wife kicked him out of his own house a few months ago. I understand better now.

When you're with a naija woman - these are a few things you should be ready to live with subconsciously:

- at least one of your kids won't be your biological kids because a lot of them are promiscuous.

- a lot of them are with you because of what you've to offer at that moment and once you lose that thing, they will end up going with the wind. And if they stay, you won't be the only one smashing it.

- most of them aren't that good looking but they run their mouths too much, with a primeval mentality they mask with superficial sophistication.

- a lot of them have zilch to offer you, apart from what they can take - very needy.

- and once they can spot any of your weakness or they're in a position where things favour them, they will always take advantage of you and that space they're in.

That said, there might be a few good ones. However, most are them are just not worth it - and it seems they all innately share this superficial and pretentious primeval mentality that's off-putting.

Anyway, I just came on the thread to co-sign you. These women aren't worth talking about, to be honest. Off to football! cool

Hahahahahahahahahahaha on point!! Damn!! It's like you're reading from a text book. you know them very well maybe you should write a manual, I agree with all you've said.

My friend's girlfriend is Ghanian & she's so so lovely, he couldn't ask for more. She could have been mine initially if I wasn't too busy whiling away my time with one crazy parasitic naija chic.

It's truly not worth the time.

Cheers and by the way, did you see the crazy game between Man U - Leicester?

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by cococandy(f): 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ije uwa cheesy
Sophyrocks:

My sister i tire ooo. The men in nairaland nag toooooo much!!! Chai!! Do you see men from other countries sit down and cry and cry and cry and lament all day about their women the way they do in this Nairaland? Even as Feministic as other women from other nationalities are, do you still see their men lament the way the men here lament?? Haba!! I have never seen men Nag like women as they doing in this site. Like kilode? Nigerian ladies are this, they do this, they do that. Their nagging is just soooo boring. What could be the cause of these? I sense a very huge inferiority complex coupled with very poor relationships with women. It seems a lot of them do not know how to sustain meaningful relationships because of these stereotypes they create and stick to. Very Poor social skills with women is what i sense here. And since ladies are becoming more and more aware of what they want, they become more and more frustrated!! MEN WHO ARE NATURALLY CONFIDENT DO NOT SPEND SO MUCH TIME DISSING WOMEN EVERYDAY. I weep for ladies who will end up with all these cry babies in this thread. The unfortunate ladies will have a lot of nappy changing to do. 'I can't marry a Nigerian woman', bla bla bla. Yet they end up with us when their white women throw them out. white women are not as stupid as we are na.

After all the drama and beating of chests the men do here, they turn around and still marry the worst women on earth!! the nigerian ladies they detest and criticise, they still marry them. You go fear hypocrisy!! Please leave these cry babies in their misery. They are depressed!!
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
50calibre:
Hahahahahahahahahahaha on point!! Damn!! It's like you're reading from a text book. you know them very well maybe you should write a manual, I agree with all you've said.

My friend's girlfriend is Ghanian & she's so so lovely, he couldn't ask for more. She could have been mine initially if I wasn't too busy whiling away my time with one crazy parasitic naija chic.

It's truly not worth the time.

Cheers and by the way, did you see the crazy game between Man U - Leicester?

Also, only naija chics will come to your yard and start checking all your personal things like feds - other chics don't do that. They're very forward, loud, and utterly disrespectful - most of them don't even know how to talk or act.

They're not worth it, except it's a free pum man. I'm back to Caribs - and sometimes Ghanaians or East Africans. I just talk to naija chics to crack jokes, and humour them. I can see through them, no matter how pretentious they're.

Yes, saw the game - Man Utd is rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 50calibre(m): 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
shymexx:

Also, only naija chics will come to your yard and start checking all your personal things like feds - other chics don't do that. They're very forward, loud, and utterly disrespectful - most of them don't even know how to talk or act.

They're not worth it, except it's a free pum man. I'm back to Caribs - and sometimes Ghanaians or East Africans. I just talk to naija chics to crack jokes, and humour them. I can see through them, no matter how pretentious they're.

Lools that's to see if there's anything they can collect. 24/7 they're scheming how to get stuff off you.

The loud, disrespectful behaviour is something I can't stand, nothing puts me off more than a female with un-ladylike attitude, I don't need a mad dog.

Man U problems has gone beyond players, there's something wrong somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by ozo13(m): 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Dats y d smart guys will keep passing such gals to each oda.free food for all grin.
100Cents: Finally, in the end, you will have only yourself to blame...

Since you are a trophy who deserves free food, free ride, expensive dates and BIS/recharge card for doing absolutely nothing. Please do not settle for less.

The way our young ladies carry themselves shows that marriage is not their ultimate goal but scouting for the richest, most handsome and most successful man in the society who is willing enough to pay the imaginary value she has placed on her love.

These sort of ladies do not take corrections for any wrong. They are always right and the last thing she expects from you, her date, is saying that what she did didn't go down well with you, instantly her mind tells her, " it is time to dump mike for John ".

Some of them go as far as dating every single guy who says hi to them seeing him as a potential maga to be kept on the ever long list of those under her false promise of, " I will come and see you ". Because he is a potential goldmine and will serve a future purpose at a future date. This keeps the stu.pid gullible man calling and sending recharge card to make sure he out performs or outsmarts any other competitor for the elusive girl. It is all a game. But it ends in confusion. It takes deceiving oneself first to be able to deceive others..

God punish all the gold digging ladies. All the men you have wrecked with your lying tongues and pretences will hunt you later.. Keep searching for Mr. Right. He has already passed you by when you treated him as dung..

Nonsense..
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
shymexx:

only naija men nag to this extent. They nag about everything. They want us to shut up and take all their crap, but they aren't willing to take ours. They think they're God's gift to women when they're only good for straffing.

Bunch of lazy men that blame their short-comings on everyone but themselves, no, they're never wrong. They refuse to shift ground because they're 'men'...very primitive backward people that hate hate themselves and pour their frustration on the poor women that get with them.

I could go on and on about how utterly useless the creatures called Nigerian men are, but I know less than 200 of over 50 million, so it would be myopic of me to crucify millions of men on the same stick as just a few tens.

Now, you and all the men in your family couldn't have met up to 3,000 Nigerian women, so I wonder where these generalisations come from? You sound just like the whites who have pegged black men like you as thieving, crack-head, under-achieving r.a_pists without getting to know them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
50calibre:
Lools that's to see if there's anything they can collect. 24/7 they're scheming how to get stuff off you.

The loud, disrespectful behaviour is something I can't stand, nothing puts me off more than a female with un-ladylike attitude, I don't need a mad dog.

Man U problems has gone beyond players, there's something wrong somewhere.

They are village twerps with medieval, and most times they are just trying to make-up for their emptiness, to mask all the things they lack. They beg it too much man.

And it seems it is a generational thing now cos the ones I have got the same background with are just as messed up as the ones from naij - all the same.

Man utd aren't competitive this year and it is only a matter of time before they sack LVG. I'm just gutted for Chelsea, Fvcking Lampard messed up.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: only naija men nag to this extent. They nag about everything. They want us to shut up and take all their crap, but they aren't willing to take ours.re God's gift to women when they're only good for straffing.

Bunch of lazy men that blame their short-comings on everyone but themselves, no, they're never wrong. They rafude to shift ground because they're 'men'...very primitive backward people that hate hate themselves and pour their frustration on the poor women that get with them.

I could go on and on about how utterly useless the creatures called Nigerian men are, but I know less than 200 of over 50 million, so it would be myopic of me to crucify millions of men on the same stick as just a few tens.

Now, you and all the men in your family couldn't have met up to 3,000 Nigerian women, so I wonder where these generalisations come from? You sound just like the whites who have pegged black men like you as thieving, crack-he, under-achieving r.a_pists without getting to know them.

Sis, I don't nag - just pointing out the obvious to my doozy. I don't give two fvcks about naij chics.

I can cuss out all naij chics today, wake tomorrow and still pick up a handful of them because a lot of naij chics will always find me attractive and I have got a lot of things they want.

However, these women need to check themselves. A lot of naija women are just not the type of women upstanding guys should marry or be with. Most of them are rubbish and morally bankrupt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by ernie2007(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ladies let your standards be moral and spiritual, money is important but money is not everything. Money will always come do not settle for a lazy man, he may not be there yet financially but if his moral and spiritual values meet the standard you can work with; stay with him and support him. Sometimes all a man needs is support and encouragement. Tell your man that everything will be okay. Most girls went into marriage for the financial benefits and comfort but the sad truth is that only a few will tell you that they have became a punching bags in their matrimonial homes though it works out fine for some. Think about it for a minute do you really think that men who married trophy wives are unaware that the main reason the woman settled for them is for their money? Money will always come but do not let it be your main reason for settling with a man because you can make this money too with your dignity intact.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
Peterken05: Nice one safarigirl,

you've got some points, ladies shouldnt settle for the less and keep their heads up, they shouldnt let any religious/tradition poo determine how their life will be. They should focus on what they think its right.

Women/Ladies can get more out of life if they want to get MORE
I like this. "Ladies can get more out of life if they want to get more". It's so sad that a lot of girls let societal/traditional views of the female child's place stop them from harnessing their full potential.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by InvertedHammer: 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: Being born into a society such as the Nigerian one connites certain things for a female.

From the day you can tell your right from your left, you're basically taught to be subservient to men. You're told that your place is in the kitchen and your brothers' place is in front of the television. Most of all, you're told that your only purpose in this world, is to fulfill the desires of some dude, serve him and bear his children. You are not to aspire for anything more and failure to live up to these expectations means failure as a person.

Well, this thread was inspired by a certain thread that was on FP today:

https://www.nairaland.com/1911041/why-nigerian-girls-should-not

Now, the stupidity of this thread is baffling. Basically, it's some lady telling females to settle for less. Telling us that we do not deserve the best and we shouldn't make any efforts to aspire for such because that would be foolhardy.

I honestly sympathise with her that she was unable to get the man of her desires, and eventually chose to settle for Plan B, who in fact was not what she desired, but as they say, when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable.

Time and again on Nairaland you find numerous chauvinists telling women basically that they have no opinion, telling us that we ought to dance skelewu because one of these rare species called 'men' looked upon us with pity and decided to marry us. And for those poor souls like Rita Dominic, Linda Ikeji and Genevieve Nnaji who are yet to be honored witha wedding ring? They should keep praying the rosary and hope they don't die 'marriageless'

Marriage is the be all and end all of a woman, therefore, she must settle for a raggamuffin if she hasn't found a gentleman at the ripe 'OLD' age of 27. Once you're through with University, your next bus stop should be a man's house.

Many women have ended up in loveless, frustrating marriages after settling for less, because all your friends got married after University doesn't mean you must marry at that time. Don't be the one whose story ends with 'Had I Known'

Feel free to live a little, keep your head on your shoulders, walk with your chin up, if you want your man to be as tall as Lebron James, don't settle for Tom Cruise, if you want him to be as charming as Antonio Banderas, don't settle for Al Pacino, if you want him to be as fit as CR7, don't settle for Mr. Ibu. If you must settle for less, let it be reasonable, don't go from a Lebron to a Kevin Hart because you're 'getting old and all your mates are married" no be who marry first dey happy pass.

Even the bible says "ask and it shall be given unto you" so if you tell God "I will manage..." He will bless you with a 'manageable' man.

God bless you as you settle with the best smiley
/

Na as monkey take stand dem dey take price am.

In a place where you see such church posters as shown below, na im you come dey preach...

\
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1004797_Spouse_jpgedb67d1aa977294d28046b2e324409ae

[img]http://2.bp..com/-lX6eZD5YDn0/UdVh0Hkt8tI/AAAAAAAAnRk/t7u1G-f-Bos/s400/beautiful+sister.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
shymexx:

Sis, I don't nag - just pointing out the obvious to my doozy. I don't give two fvcks about naij chics.

I can cuss out all naij chics today, wake tomorrow and still pick up a handful of them because a lot of naij chics will always find me attractive and I have got a lot of things they want.

However, these women need to check themselves. A lot of naija women are just not the type of women upstanding guys should marry or be with. Most of them are rubbish and morally bankrupt.
you're no even in Nigeria, it's the UK Nigerian chics you're on about mostly.

Well, as far as I know, men get married to Nigerian women every weekend. There are still weddings going on and there is a lesser level of divorce in Nigeria than in countries where the women are perfect and to your liking, so all this talk about naija women being less than ideal is in fact nothing but mythology fabricated by a few insecure men.

But oga shymexx, you're not looking for a wife, you're mostly interested in women who just keep shut and allow you fvck them without much trouble. Makes sense why you and 50calbre run down naija women like this grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by destante(f): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl shymexx gosh u guys are too harsh. hasty generalization both ways. angry
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/

Na as monkey take stand dem dey take price am.

In a place where you see such church posters as shown below, na im you come dey preach...

\
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1004797_Spouse_jpgedb67d1aa977294d28046b2e324409ae

[img]http://2.bp..com/-lX6eZD5YDn0/UdVh0Hkt8tI/AAAAAAAAnRk/t7u1G-f-Bos/s400/beautiful+sister.jpg[/img]
oh please. Like you haven't seen more rificulous posters about 'prosperity and riches'

This is not a basis for such, like I said, Nigerian men marry Nigerian women everyday, even you will some day settle with a Nigerian woman, if they're so terrible, why are the men marrying them?

You can go and marry the non-golddigging American woman that will fivorce you and make you bankrupt in the name of child support. For all the nonsense Nigerian women take, you would think the creattures we call men would accord us a little respect.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
destante: safarigirl shymexx gosh u guys are too harsh. hasty generalization both ways. angry
if you read my entire post, you'd see where I mentioned that hasty generalisations are unfair. I was only replying shymexx in the same way he put out his point. I was trying to make mine as well
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
adegwurulez: Great use of english, great sense of humor and a great deal of guts -- thats just about it.

whilst i admire your 'women shouldn't settle for less' crusade and your fight against gender-role-stereotyping or whatever dumbass name it is called, i'd like to lay bare some facts opposing your views.

1. In your bid to debunk the notion that men are doing our female folks a favour by marrying them, you only succeeded in turning the victim side of the coin to us. Actually, that is disservice of the greatest order to the male folks. Whether you like it or not, we were born imperfect and there is a great void in us that continually yearns to be filled. Furtunately, there is a perfect facet that can fill that void and that is the opposite sex. So the chicks need the guys so badly as do the guys them. This is in reply to your paragraph on Rita Dominic, Linda and Genevieve. No matter how hard these ladies try to convice us they are happy with their single status, they aren't and thats a glaring fact. I seriously hope they settle down someday cos the fufillment of a woman is to have a home, not just a house.

2. Its fine if you want to marry CR7 cos he's fit but that doesn't make Mr. ibu less a man and non-husband material. Using the word 'less' in reference to the second group of guys is a tad insultive.
Ladies this days are too obsessed with physical appearance that by the time they realize what they've gotten themselves into, their mr. fit CR7 would have turned them into a nice brazuca ball to be played in their maracana stadium of a home.

I didn't mean to sound chauvinistic in any way, but if my post betrayed my intent then i'm sorry.
My advice to ladies out there is to look inward when looking for your man.
Mr. Ibu might not be fit outwardly but might turn out to be fitter than CR7 in heart so the bulk lies with you ladies; what type of fitness do you want, fitness of the heart or physical fitness, Do you prefer a tall man with a short heart to a short guy with tall heart? (coming from a tall guy grin )
So, a lady isn't fulfilled if she won't get married? What Africans need to understand is that marriage and procreation isn't for evri1. It's every individual's decision to make. And who told you marriage is a requirement for happiness?
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nwachiizu(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
1st and foremost we all need Jesus in our lives otherwise no matter what we have we're still empty. A life without Christ is full of crisis....

Every woman needs support.

The Bible describes them as the weaker vessels. This simply means that they need care, love and support always. Without support no matter how hard she tries she will fall.

There are two support systems that I will suggest to women.

1. God. 2. A friend ( or better husband ).

If she 's still single she needs to have a relationship with God. She also needs a friend who is God fearing that she can always confide in, pray with, share scriptures with, discuss her dreams and aspirations with etc. This friend is better a female friend.

If she's married her husband will have to take up the responsibility. So a woman should not just marry because others are marrying but prayerfully choose a life partner.

Women are wonderful honestly I must confess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by InvertedHammer: 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: oh please. Like you haven't seen more rificulous posters about 'prosperity and riches'

This is not a basis for such, like I said, Nigerian men marry Nigerian women everyday, even you will some day settle with a Nigerian woman, if they're so terrible, why are the men marrying them?

You can go and marry the non-golddigging American woman that will fivorce you and make you bankrupt in the name of child support. For all the nonsense Nigerian women take, you would think the creattures we call men would accord us a little respect.
/
Why are you mad at me for?
In recent times, have you ever seen any family tie their daughter and drag her to a potential husband? No!

Women act desperate and Nigeria men are feeding off of that. I never mentioned gold-digging because as far as I am concerned women
in general (no country excluded) cherish comfort. Heck I cherish comfort too. Who no like better thing? Nigerian women are not necessarily gold-diggers, it is just that there is high unemployment. Not saying that there are no lazy ones out there. Laziness is found in both genders.

Women seek attention. For a woman, when suitors are not forthcoming it seems like she is a damaged good and is very bad for their psyche.

There are churches dedicated to single ladies looking for husbands. Have you seen any of such dedicated to men looking for wives?

Personally, I have my reserves about marriage. But every woman I had dated always seem to bring up "where is this relationship going?".

What does that tell you about some women's mindset?

Actually, fellow women (mothers, aunties, their friends) go judge your matter worse pass men sef if you are 30 and single.

But for men, 40 and single? Your kindred go charter bus come your house make you explain. You think say people dey mind their
business for naija? Well...

/
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by ochon: 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
50calibre: I'm familiar with the OP Safarigirl, she has a runny mouth like a tap, as well as a knack for talking nonsense.

Telling Nigerian women not to settle for less is akin to telling a beggar not to settle for less looolz.

Nigerian women are already less, they occupy the bottom of the barrel therefore asking them to set impossibly high standards for themselves is asking them to condemn themselves to a life of singlehood and lonliness.

Don't be delusional, Nigerian women score low in everything, their attitude sucks, physically they're less appealing with disgusting fake weaves, they've got nothing upstairs except different techniques on how leech off a man.

I consider Nigerian women a liability rather than an asset, & so do many guys. Therefore my advise to Nigerian women; if you're lucky to have any man come for you, just on him quicker than you could blink because you will not get anything better.

I don't see myself spending more than a day trying to woo a Nigerian chic, in fact after the first 5 mins, I determine if she's worth anymore of my time.

As usual, you never fail to emit your pathetic chauvinistic rays. How you are able to denigrate Nigerian women with ease, of which your mom and sister(s) are part of, never stops astounding me. So much hate in one person!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by ochon: 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
cococandy: You never disappoint.
Die-hard woman hater.

I hope none of your female relatives is a Nigerian woman. Or has a Nigerian origin.

Okonkwo feeling funky undecided
If he plans on seeing women as "trash" offline, then I pity his future wife, because I can't understand how she will cope with so much hate coming from her husby's heart. That dude's hate for women, makes my skin peel.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lafmaooo @all the comments, so entertainingcheesy indeed there was a forumcheesycheesy
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by ZUBY77(m): 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
4C2215131:

It's ok to dream, we just have to markers and reality checks. So, your post is on point. I think an angle that may not have been explored is the question of what engenders the attitude described by the OP. Now, folks may not agree but I feel our religious and philosophical leaders are guilty of fostering this attitude that has destroyed more than it's built. You ask how? I'll tell you how; Their mania with "Faith Messages", "Word of Faith", un-bridled "Positive Thinking" and their attendant corollaries.

They (proponents) feed the mind of their subjects with these words making them believe that as long as they are in "covenant" with God or in touch with "their Inner Self" or whatever lines they use nowadays and they are agreed on the type of man, woman, job, children, health status e.t.c accepting anything else is a show of dis-belief which makes them feel less worthy of God.

Now, folks will vehemently deny this positing that these leaders guide you on what you need to do in the "physical" to bring about the desired change, but I beg to differ. A sermon or literature that admonishes you 90 percent or more to just use your faith rather than your brawns cannot in my view swing the "balanced" message argument.

Folks, life is a process of discovery, meant to be enjoyed, savoured so know that all you go through from botched relationships, business failures and such is for you to learn something more and apply another method, route, principle to get to what you seek; HAPPINESS. So, if you discover that your happiness is a function of your inflexible attitude towards life and what it throws at you, you my friend, are done for!

It has been long since I read a comprehensive post such as this on nairaland.

I would want to ask you something in private.
Please do contact me on the phone number
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Amya: Am really impressed with the way things are going in this country now. Woman now actually now realise they can be whatever they want to be. And while society might still judge them, they've developed such thick skins that criticisms about their virtue hardly gets them. All those unmarried female celebrities are still very much respected in the society. They've carved a niche for themselves which made them the celebrities that they are.

We should all learn to respect people's choice and never mock their decisions because it doesn't fit into our ideals. If someone believes she'll be complete and happy with a tall husband, why in the world would you discouraged that? same goes for the person who prefers a shorter man, being unmarried e.t.c

Problem with we Nigerians is we like poke nosing into people's matter. How is it any of our business on peoples choices and way of life.
On point
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by destante(f): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: if you read my entire post, you'd see where I mentioned that hasty generalisations are unfair. I was only replying shymexx in the same way he put out his point. I was trying to make mine as well
oh I see. cheesy he is probably just trolling too. smiley
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 50calibre(m): 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
shymexx:

They are village twerps with medieval, and most times they are just trying to make-up for their emptiness, to mask all the things they lack. They beg it too much man.

And it seems it is a generational thing now cos the ones I have got the same background with are just as messed up as the ones from naij - all the same.

Man utd aren't competitive this year and it is only a matter of time before they sack LVG. I'm just gutted for Chelsea, Fvcking Lampard messed up.

Lol environment can only influence, it can't change what's in the blood. Given the right catalyst, those latent genes becomes active hence you see them behaving the same regardless.

At least Chelsea walk away with a point, it's better than nothing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Single Reason Why Many Men Are Afraid To Invest In A Lady / A Thorn in the Flesh 2 / See The Photos She Sent To Me That Got Her Boyfriend Angry (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.