Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,253 members, 7,957,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:57 PM

Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less (35326 Views)

Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / 21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Astuteleader(m): 9:21am On Sep 21, 2014
I will comment when am back from church
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by fubbyy(m): 9:33am On Sep 21, 2014
This op doesn't just make sense @ all, she sounds so pained as if the former thread was pointing at her

@ op, what the op of the former thread brought to the table is just an advise,she meant no harm,afterall she never asked anyone to settle for less, just wait for your man, he'll come someday

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by DikSin(m): 9:34am On Sep 21, 2014
That "less" guy must be very unfortunate o!
Safarigirl be like: ladies, Don't settle for "less" please I want to know, who be less; has anyone seen him lately? Abi na only him waka come?grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by kilokeys(m): 9:34am On Sep 21, 2014
did i read everything?. definitely not..

i believe in equal rights but different responsibilities

its simple

i go buy fuel for d gen, u do d dishes

i watch tv with my hommies, u gossip at the salon

i pay the bills, u cater for d kids

if d Queen Bee , drones , the worker bee are keen on feminism the bee colony is doomed.

No honey

if u like no marry get belle o.. when a field (ur womb) is uncultivated, bush (fibroid) go grow there..

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by flinton(m): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2014
@op u totally got the other thread wrong!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by ZUBY77(m): 9:39am On Sep 21, 2014
While you have some good points, you still mixed things up.

This whole thing has to do with the society you were born into.
Things change over time.

The same America you are trying to stamp as the good environment restricted women from voting.
But eventually relaxed the laws that restricted women from doing certain things.

Whether you like it or not, We have males and females on earth.
One is stronger than the other and when you are stronger (America) You decide for the weaker (Iraq, Libya etc).

In African context, a certain law made it that women doesn't get land allocations in their fathers place.
It was made so to encourage marriage.
If you decide not to get married, that's your business buy understand that you are not getting nothing from the Father.
You must either marry or make your own big money.
Even with your money, you are not allowed to have kids in your father's place.

So the marriage thing comes again.

When your desired man is not reachable, you can step down a little.
Yes, men do the same too.
I know thousands of men who wanted to marry Ini Edo but when it didn't work, they didn't go for Angelina Jolie, they stepped down.

So forget your biased opinion.

I have seen your posts where you argue with guys over football, it is something you have the right to do and must be encouraged but to tell your father that you want Brad Pitt or nobody else, then you must go out and look for Brad or don't come back because you can never be the only one who saw Brad on TV.

All in all, knowing when to cash in is important.
God blessed women in such a way that numerous men always come after them whether they are ugly or beautiful, it is left for the girls to be calculative and know when to cash in.

Stop dreaming, we live in a real world.

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by free2ryhme: 9:40am On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: Being born into a society such as the Nigerian one connites certain things for a female.

From the day you can tell your right from your left, you're basically taught to be subservient to men. You're told that your place is in the kitchen and your brothers' place is in front of the television. Most of all, you're told that your only purpose in this world, is to fulfill the desires of some dude, serve him and bear his children. You are not to aspire for anything more and failure to live up to these expectations means failure as a person.

Well, this thread was inspired by a certain thread that was on FP today:

https://www.nairaland.com/1911041/why-nigerian-girls-should-not

Now, the stupidity of this thread is baffling. Basically, it's some lady telling females to settle for less. Telling us that we do not deserve the best and we shouldn't make any efforts to aspire for such because that would be foolhardy.

I honestly sympathise with her that she was unable to get the man of her desires, and eventually chose to settle for Plan B, who in fact was not what she desired, but as they say, when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable.

Time and again on Nairaland you find numerous chauvinists telling women basically that they have no opinion, telling us that we ought to dance skelewu because one of these rare species called 'men' looked upon us with pity and decided to marry us. And for those poor souls like Rita Dominic, Linda Ikeji and Genevieve Nnaji who are yet to be honored witha wedding ring? They should keep praying the rosary and hope they don't die 'marriageless'

Marriage is the be all and end all of a woman, therefore, she must settle for a raggamuffin if she hasn't found a gentleman at the ripe 'OLD' age of 27. Once you're through with University, your next bus stop should be a man's house.

Many women have ended up in loveless, frustrating marriages after settling for less, because all your friends got married after University doesn't mean you must marry at that time. Don't be the one whose story ends with 'Had I Known'

Feel free to live a little, keep your head on your shoulders, walk with your chin up, if you want your man to be as tall as Lebron James, don't settle for Tom Cruise, if you want him to be as charming as Antonio Banderas, don't settle for Al Pacino, if you want him to be as fit as CR7, don't settle for Mr. Ibu. If you must settle for less, let it be reasonable, don't go from a Lebron to a Kevin Hart because you're 'getting old and all your mates are married" no be who marry first dey happy pass.

Even the bible says "ask and it shall be given unto you" so if you tell God "I will manage..." He will bless you with a 'manageable' man.

God bless you as you settle with the best smiley

we cant argue with you on this

you made some valid points and I commend your courage for standing up for the women folk.

whether you marry the man of your dreams or not it is none of our business and it will always stay that way .. the one thing I don't understand is that why do women keep going on about this issue and keep flogging it over and over again.

woman wey go marry go marry , (and what I refer to as marriage is the union btw a man and a woman not the perverse version we have today about gays and lesbians. ). you keep going about women who have issues in their marriage because they did not marry right but I don't see any reason why u cant sing the song of those that have married right .

there are men who married rightly as well as wrongly but we dont see them complaining and whining just like you women Haba!

let me states this clearly we don't care if you like marry /if you like don't . it was never our business and it will never be our business.

8 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: Being born into a society such as the Nigerian one connites certain things for a female.

From the day you can tell your right from your left, you're basically taught to be subservient to men. You're told that your place is in the kitchen and your brothers' place is in front of the television. Most of all, you're told that your only purpose in this world, is to fulfill the desires of some dude, serve him and bear his children. You are not to aspire for anything more and failure to live up to these expectations means failure as a person.

Now, the stupidity of this thread is baffling. Basically, it's some lady telling females to settle for less. Telling us that we do not deserve the best and we shouldn't make any efforts to aspire for such because that would be foolhardy.

I honestly sympathise with her that she was unable to get the man of her desires, and eventually chose to settle for Plan B, who in fact was not what she desired, but as they say, when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable.

Time and again on Nairaland you find numerous chauvinists telling women basically that they have no opinion, telling us that we ought to dance skelewu because one of these rare species called 'men' looked upon us with pity and decided to marry us. And for those poor souls like Rita Dominic, Linda Ikeji and Genevieve Nnaji who are yet to be honored witha wedding ring? They should keep praying the rosary and hope they don't die 'marriageless'

Marriage is the be all and end all of a woman, therefore, she must settle for a raggamuffin if she hasn't found a gentleman at the ripe 'OLD' age of 27. Once you're through with University, your next bus stop should be a man's house.

Many women have ended up in loveless, frustrating marriages after settling for less, because all your friends got married after University doesn't mean you must marry at that time. Don't be the one whose story ends with 'Had I Known'

Feel free to live a little, keep your head on your shoulders, walk with your chin up, if you want your man to be as tall as Lebron James, don't settle for Tom Cruise, if you want him to be as charming as Antonio Banderas, don't settle for Al Pacino, if you want him to be as fit as CR7, don't settle for Mr. Ibu. If you must settle for less, let it be reasonable, don't go from a Lebron to a Kevin Hart because you're 'getting old and all your mates are married" no be who marry first dey happy pass.

Even the bible says "ask and it shall be given unto you" so if you tell God "I will manage..." He will bless you with a 'manageable' man.

I read your response and then went back to read the original post. And it begs the question, did you actually read that original post?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by pansophist(m): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2014
[b]I think you did not understand the whole point of the article you use as response to this your silly post.

It is simply trying to say that ''you should not look down on any man simply because of his height which he is not in control off''

Ladies are simply being materialistic here, instead of being realistic. Look at the example you even cite as a defense to your shallow post, Kevin Hart, Mr Ibu lol grin

If this caliber of men come for you, I am sure your family will disown if you disagree to marry men grin. Your post is also trying to pass the notion that ''it is only women that has choice and settle for less''. Do you also asked yourself what we men choose to over look when we go for women? most women marry up but men dont, most women are shorter than then their husband, men over look that, most men will start nursing a overgrown baby financially all in the name of marriage, women starts to grow fatter after child birth and the list goes on and on.

This f.oolishh post is the reason why many young idiots that will pay attention to your post will remain single. They can keep waiting for a man as tall as great khali, serving jollof rice at their friends wedding ceremony every saturday and doing the flower girl, while they keep waiting for Mr perfect (not mr right) to come by.

Just to remind you, your post make no sense at all, wonder why it got to front page in the first instance. [/b]

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by wo1F(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie: The lady never said we should settle for less - I guess y'all misunderstood her...she meant, we shouldn't be blinded by physical looks, sometimes marriage goes beyond the physique...just marry someone you wanna wake up to everyday (and vice-versa)...that's just it
-Never settle for less - always settle for the best, but then we can't satisfactorily define less/best...no single human out there is less

I think the problem we have these days arises from poor comprehension...the lady used words like- Obsessed, Most...she wasn't in anyway speaking in an affirmative, even though her points came out harsh

... why is there so much pressure/focus on the female folks and their choices in life?...I just don't gerrit
-they say 'marriage' is overhyped, yet it is one topic that gets so much attention...let it slide pls

P.S : The fact that you called her post 'stupeed' is unprofessional and...I don't know what else to call it... undecided...we can't all be of the same school of thought - respect her own reasoning.
-If you have to counter her, go back to her post, read/understand it properly...then counter her.

how exactly, would you come online and call someones' husband a PLAN-B, and an available that became desirable?? Jeez...I know this is a forum, but before you 'submit'...take a moment to review your choice of words...Thanks

This rebuttal Coming from a lady makes it even more sweet. Truth is Safarigirl is the female version of a male chauvinist. Most times I fail to get what her problem really is. Maybe its her petite physical structure, I don't know. But what I do know however is that she's loose with condescending words when it comes to her submissions here on nairaland.
I salute you for your unbiased and seemingly intelligent reply to the OP

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Aspiregreat: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2014
I see. Read ma lips dont settle for less.........and bullshit marriage,.....tym will tell
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2014
Booked. Brb
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by presidentgej: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2014
genevieve nnaji no fit marry because she be comfirm lesbian everybody knw.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by zeb04(f): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2014
When you settle for less than you deserve, you get less than you settled for. Ladies you bera settle for the moon kiss.

Another person's moon might be your piece of trash( * moon is relative)

Finally you should be able to attract the moon ....... if I am your moon and you don't shine like the stars lipsrsealed you damn sure I won't be looking your direction
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by OsoDupe(f): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2014
100Cents:
God punish all the gold digging ladies. All the men you have wrecked with your lying tongues and pretences will hunt you later.. Keep searching for Mr. Right. He has already passed you by when you treated him as dung..

Nonsense..
Bro, u dey vex?let me just counter vex too, God punish all the sweet mouthed guys that promised ladies marriage and even go to the extent of introducing ladies to family members just to get down there and afterward dumping the ladies, all the ladies u have wrecked with ur sugarcoated mouth will haunt u and when u settle down, u will settle down with a woman that will show u hell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by kilokeys(m): 9:46am On Sep 21, 2014
@ZUBBY77
ur head correct sir.

smart ladies strategically position themselves where their "rich" dream man can see them.

some chics rnt snowhite yet they want prince charming

if u rnt blessed with beauty.. read the story of Ruth in d bible..

she positioned herself for Boaz, a matured rich guy to notice.

i am single by choice. i can sweep any girl off her feet.. for a moment.. but i can't sustain that for now..

so i am working hard, making more money.. to be seduced by a wise gurl in d future..

make una siddon look dey argue with small boys of ur age.. mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by expert101(m): 9:47am On Sep 21, 2014
Many Nigerian girls are greedy and too expensive with their fake packaging. Now we know better!
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2014
ochon: I'm still wondering why the OP in the thread that lead to the birthing of this thread received so much flak for her thread. Did you bashers read that thread at all? As in, read it slowly, assimilating the post word by word? Because it seems to me most of y'all didn't get what the OP(on that thread) was saying.

Safarigirl, Onyiridike NEVER said ladies should settle for less, she never did!! She said ladies should not be "obsessed" with men's height as a PRIORITY for marriage. You need to check the meaning of the word "obsessed." She's basically saying don't miss out on a good man because he didn't meet up to your "height scale" you've made a MUST criteria for a man you will marry. And she wasn't making it a must, she's just giving an advice. You can choose to STICK to your choice or not, your cup of tea. She talked about missing out on a good and successful man because she listened to naysayers discouraging her even though she liked him.

What that lady is trying to say, is "sometimes you've got to compromise" on certain things. She never said "settle for less." They are entirely two different meanings (I'll explain with a former post of mine from my former diary later on in this post). The truth is, You, I and everyone out there MUST "compromise" at one certain time/stage in our lives. It's a must!!

"Compromising" doesn't mean settling for less. Growing up (even now we're all grown), we all dreamt of a good life, a life of riches and affluence. A life where we'd have to cross our legs on a couch, eat all day and live like kings. A life where we have mansions, drive the poshiest cars, date the finest men/women. A life where we're paid in 6 figures. All these are wishes/dreams. But guess what? At the end of the day, few get to have it such way, majority will end up "compromising" and living their lives as they see it while still hustling to make it big. Most of us dream to be a don like Mike Adenuga. But guess what? Most of us will never get to live that life. So we will work and make sure we are "at least" successful to enjoy the basic amenities of life. It's called "compromising" not "settling for less."

Before I explain with a diary update of mine about what "compromising" and "settling for less" means, let me paint a clear picture with this example. Most of us, if not all, wants to get paid handsomely from their first job; say N200K per month. That's the general wishes. But how many of us get to find such jobs? What we've at the end of the day is people "compromising" and going for the moderately-paying job while seeking for a better paying job. Such people had to compromise to build up their work experience and get better jobs in the future. Which fresh graduate that dreamt of getting paid "N150K" a month will see a "N90K" paying job for a month, and say "no o, I must not settle for less, I must stay unemployed till i get a N150K paying job?" Your guess is as good as mine.

Now to explain what "compromising" and "settling for less" means, here's an excerpt from a diary I used to keep.

P.S: Your issue about the stigma women face in Nigeria has nothing to do with the former thread. This is a whole new discussion which you should bring up in another thread for us to trash it out. And yes, I believe women are facing some stigma when it comes to marriage in Nigeria, but that's another topic entirely.

I didnt even read your post to the end before liking it. You said it all. I think the Op just wanted to talk.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2014
Sidon dere u go end up like oprah wilfrey
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Tymax(m): 9:49am On Sep 21, 2014
CAUTION
Nothing wrong with dating or marrying your fantasy. Date or marry someone who attracts you. But even when you meet him and catch his eye, please don't throw yourself at him.

Approach it like a business deal. Let the parties have clear understanding of their respective values.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Luvdmx(m): 9:50am On Sep 21, 2014
wink
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Tallesty1(m): 9:52am On Sep 21, 2014
100Cents: Finally, in the end, you will have only yourself to blame...

Since you are a trophy who deserves free food, free ride, expensive dates and BIS/recharge card for doing absolutely nothing. Please do not settle for less.

The way our young ladies carry themselves shows that marriage is not their ultimate goal but scouting for the richest, most handsome and most successful man in the society who is willing enough to pay the imaginary value she has placed on her love.

These sort of ladies do not take corrections for any wrong. They are always right and the last thing she expects from you, her date, is saying that what she did didn't go down well with you, instantly her mind tells her, " it is time to dump mike for John ".

Some of them go as far as dating every single guy who says hi to them seeing him as a potential maga to be kept on the ever long list of those under her false promise of, " I will come and see you ". Because he is a potential goldmine and will serve a future purpose at a future date. This keeps the stu.pid gullible man calling and sending recharge card to make sure he out performs or outsmarts any other competitor for the elusive girl. It is all a game. But it ends in confusion. It takes deceiving oneself first to be able to deceive others..

God punish all the gold digging ladies. All the men you have wrecked with your lying tongues and pretences will hunt you later.. Keep searching for Mr. Right. He has already passed you by when you treated him as dung..

Nonsense..
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by fyneboi79(m): 9:52am On Sep 21, 2014

Okwu nkasi obi grin
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by chizyn(f): 9:52am On Sep 21, 2014
u guyz ar so retarded, rili, y'll who ar jus freaking cowardz.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by cliffm43: 9:52am On Sep 21, 2014
tongue tongue grin cheesy
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by bayulll01(m): 9:53am On Sep 21, 2014
well well safari,in ad much as i know u are still a kid i dont expect you to understand what adult is all about,nobody is saying u should not have a qualities u desired in a man,but u dont have to insult the someone who made her point,all shes saying is if u dont understand her write up is life will not give you all you desire come back here when you are 30 and tell us why ure not married,oh dilldo is there it will help u

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by OsoDupe(f): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2014
kilokeys: did i read everything?. definitely not..

i believe in equal rights but different responsibilities

its simple

i go buy fuel for d gen, u do d dishes

i watch tv with my hommies, u gossip at the salon

i pay the bills, u cater for d kids

if d Queen Bee , drones , the worker bee are keen on feminism the bee colony is doomed.

No honey

if u like no marry get belle o.. when a field (ur womb) is uncultivated, bush (fibroid) go grow there..
I carry the kids in my belly, u wash their clothes when they are born, I cook the food, u fetch the water. I peel yam, u pound yam. I cook soup, u grind pepper. I go to market, u do d laundry and clean the house.My friends come over for tea, u go to football viewing centre, equal rights so simple, so sweet tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Wife Kills Husband Because He Stopped Eating Her Vagina Every Night / Single Reason Why Many Men Are Afraid To Invest In A Lady / Nigerian Man Dated A White Girl Who Owns A Pet Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.