Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,258 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? (20031 Views)

Another Proof That The New Testament Is Not The Word Of God / A Lot Of People Say The New Testament Is Fake / Yisraylite, How Come You Believe Dat D New Testament Is Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 9:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
Xcapist:

Hehehe, I believe we're getting somewhere at least tongue since your still here on the thread and you don't feel the need to knock my brain grin

Exactly. If he's perfect then you should expect nothing less than that as his "Word", right? If the word is imperfect and deformed then it says the same about the author too. And if Yahweh, the author is imperfect then he's no god because God is suppose to be perfect...am I making sense to you?
No
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
sheunfemix: No
Let's go again, more slowly this time. Stay with me. Let me use the lion giving birth to a goat analogy. It may not be the most suited analogy but I believe you're very familiar it. A lion cannot give birth to a goat. Perfection can't give birth to imperfection. If we see a goat then we can be sure the parent is also a goat not a lion. In the same vane, if we see an imperfect "Word of God" then we can expect its author to be imperfect.

Capisce??
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 10:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
Xcapist:
Let's go again, more slowly this time. Stay with me. Let me use the lion giving birth to a goat analogy. It may not be the most suited analogy but I believe you're very familiar it. A lion cannot give birth to a goat. Perfection can't give birth to imperfection. If we see a goat then we can be sure the parent is also a goat not a lion. In the same vane, if we see an imperfect "Word of God" then we can expect its author to be imperfect.

Capisce??
Naaa
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
@Xcapist I have been following your thread Frm d beginning to this time and I can say I have gained a lot especially from pastoraio with his honest "long" answer,I can't believe a pastor can be that honest about God, and spiritual matters.

One thing I have noticed is that Christians,I mean staunch Christians have formed deep emotional attachment with "Yahweh". It's just like When you love someone deeply, no matter What negative thing another person might tell you about your lover,you won't believe it nor want to accept it because of the emotional attachment you have with the person,you would only think the person is jealous.
The same thing applies to Christians,They are emotionally bonded to "Yahweh" so whatever negative thing you say or imply or that you are driving at, would be opposed logically or illogically,because "Yahweh" is So dear to their heart you shouldn't mess with "him/it/her" .

If you want to have a reasonable debate with Christians first make them understand that you do not hate "Yahweh", that you are not against Christianity, that you don't think their belief is silly,you just have to appeal to their emotions first and respect their beliefs. Trust me that is exactly What the British Christians did to make primitive yorubas renounce their gods for "Yahweh" and That's the same way you can make them............you know the rest.......... wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
sheunfemix: Naaa

Hahaha. Wait. Are you deliberately doing this or are you really this lipsrsealed
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
sheunfemix: Naaa
If you were told a lioness gave birth to a goat,would you believe?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 10:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Dapo777:
If you were told a lioness gave birth to a goat,would you believe?
Nope
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
Xcapist:

Hahaha. Wait. Are you deliberately doing this or are you really this lipsrsealed
I'm I really this what?!! Say it oh. And see if u will not receive that long awaiting knock in the brain. The knock I will give u is carrying weight angry
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 10:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
You think u can use human logic to understand God. Just so u know, He can not be contained and that is why He deals with pple in diverse ways. To me that doesn't mean he isn't perfect. Reason him out the way u want to. But u can never get me to reason in the same line. So continue site anoda example. My answer is still.. Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Go and kill ursef cheesy
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
sheunfemix: Nope

Good,now If you were told a book with imperfections was written by someone absolutely perfect,would you believe?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
sheunfemix: You think u can use human logic to understand God. Just so u know, He can not be contained and that is why He deals with pple in diverse ways. To me that doesn't mean he isn't perfect. Reason him out the way u want to. But u can never get me to reason in the same line. So continue site anoda example. My answer is still.. Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Go and kill ursef cheesy

And I salute you for ur loyalty to God,It's good. smiley
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
sheunfemix: You think u can use human logic to understand God. Just so u know, He can not be contained and that is why He deals with pple in diverse ways. To me that doesn't mean he isn't perfect. Reason him out the way u want to. But u can never get me to reason in the same line. So continue site anoda example. My answer is still.. Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Go and kill ursef cheesy

Clap for yourself. Just know it's blind, unquestionable faith that is responsible for the brainwashed BH, ISIS people, people eager to do what their god commands without using their 'god-given' mind to ask questions... because after all, you can't use logic to understand god.

Go and kill ursef? Will Jesus say that?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
Dapo777:

Good,now If you were told a book with imperfections was written by someone absolutely perfect,would you believe?
. Yes!! Since the person is absolutely perfect the He must know what He is doing. It is you that is imperfect that has failed to see it.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
sheunfemix: . Yes!! Since the person is absolutely perfect the He must know what He is doing. It is you that is imperfect that has failed to see it.

Incredible. It's just incredible how you think and process things. You're a marvel.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 11:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
Xcapist:

It's blind, unquestionable faith that is responsible for the brainwashed BH, ISIS people, and all the people being milked by pastorpreneurs, people eager to do what their god commands without questioning because after all, you can't use logic to understand god.

I am not brain washed by anybody and no pastor milks me. To me, all these pastor are human which means they are subjectable to flaws and they also err. My perfect example is Christ. If Jesus can call some people "generations of vipers" or "Fool" then I'm sure he can tell the likes of u to go and kill ur sef cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy what is BH ISIS people o
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
sheunfemix: . Yes!! Since the person is absolutely perfect the He must know what He is doing. It is you that is imperfect that has failed to see it.
Am glad you admit I am imperfect, now who made me imperfect?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 11:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
Dapo777:
Am glad you admit I am imperfect, now who made me imperfect?
. Good question. Now the bible says our imperfection is made perfect in Him. Its just as little babies who have no record of the past and can do nothing on their own. Showing them how to go about things shows we- Adults are kinda perfect and when people see ur kid outside they say... "Awww such a perfect girl, her manners are impeccable" got it?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
sheunfemix: I am not brain washed by anybody and no pastor milks me. To me, all these pastor are human which means they are subjectable to flaws and they also err. My perfect example is Christ. If Jesus can call some people "generations of vipers" or "Fool" then I'm sure he can tell the likes of u to go and kill ur sef cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy what is BH ISIS people o

Good point. grin I'm sure he's seated at the right hand side of God now, with a big grin nodding his approval and flashing you a thumbs up for your able representation...

Boko and Islamic Caliphate.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
sheunfemix: . Good question. Now the bible says our imperfection is made perfect in Him. Its just as little babies who have no record of the past and can do nothing on their own. Showing them how to go about things shows we- Adults are kinda perfect and when people see ur kid outside they say... "Awww such a perfect girl, her manners are impeccable" got it?

But that doesn't answer my simple question.
Who made me imperfect? smiley
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
PastorAIO you said something about someone being able to predict your choices because the person knows your personality, But are you then trying to say that God knows our personality before he created us? If Yes,What were we before God created us? Did our personality exist before we existed because obviously If you know about something before it materialize that means you designed it yourself then I can say God designed my personality because he knew my personality before I was created,hence I have no take in the formation of my personality, and by implication I have no freewill Since According to you choices (freewill) comes as a result of our personality.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
Goodnight sheunfemix, sleep tight and sweet dreams.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 10:32am On Oct 04, 2014
Dapo777:

But that doesn't answer my simple question.
Who made me imperfect? smiley

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 10:35am On Oct 04, 2014
Xcapist:

Clap for yourself. Just know it's blind, unquestionable faith that is responsible for the brainwashed BH, ISIS people, people eager to do what their god commands without using their 'god-given' mind to ask questions... because after all, you can't use logic to understand god.

The Christian faith is not blind, it is trusting. Also, the Christian faith asks and answers questions. It is another matter if you are willing to hear its answers.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 04, 2014
Image123:

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Why am I asked to be perfect Since God didn't make me perfect?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2014
Xcapist I dint see ur good night greeting. Guess dinner knocked me out cheesy. Dapo777 it is glaring u won't accept whatever answer u are provided and every answer will lead to anoda question. It is @ thiS point I usually hush up. Image123 they are not ready to see or accept the answer.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
sheunfemix:
Xcapist I dint see ur good night greeting. Guess dinner knocked me out cheesy. Dapo777 it is glaring u won't accept whatever answer u are provided and every answer will lead to anoda question. It is @ thiS point I usually hush up. Image123 they are not ready to see or accept the answer.
You didn't answer my question how do you know this?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by alexleo(m): 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
sheunfemix:

Sometimes we give them answer just for the sake of other readers who have open hearts to read and digest the message.
As for the likes of Dapo, your answers might be falling in a stony heart.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by qstar(m): 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
Good thread.

If Yahweh is supposedly perfect and primordial, What happened to him? Why create the world? Was he just bored or incomplete?

A perfect being does not need advancement or improvement, no.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
Dapo777:

Why am I asked to be perfect Since God didn't make me perfect?

Who said God didn't make you perfect?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
sheunfemix:
i know them well, thanks Sheun.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
Image123:

The Christian faith is not blind, it is trusting. Also, the Christian faith asks and answers questions. It is another matter if you are willing to hear its answers.

But are the answers it gives accurate?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
Image123:

Who said God didn't make you perfect?

Wow,did God make me perfect? So why do I make mistakes? Or What is your own definition of perfect?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church / Happy Palm Sunday Nairalanders! / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.