Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? (20037 Views)

Another Proof That The New Testament Is Not The Word Of God / A Lot Of People Say The New Testament Is Fake / Yisraylite, How Come You Believe Dat D New Testament Is Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
you laugh at muhammed flying to heaven on a winged horse but believe a snake and donkey talked.....hypocrisy! cheesy
While i don't laugh at such, the reasons for people doing that may not be farfetched. Mo' didn't fly to heaven, he didn't claim to either as his grave and remains are on earth.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
James 2:24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.
And some Christians don't agree with lordship salvation,this verse promotes it.
After Yahweh warned us not to judge others,he tells us to judge others in the church 1cor5:12
Why can't the Bible just agree with itself for once?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dapo777:

Let me borrow ur logic.

When u were still a kid,you knew Santa Claus, because Santa Claus was So real to you,you even saw him in your dreams,you watched him on tv,Santa Claus was your bestfriend.
How can you know Santa Claus and then say he doesn't exist,It's crazy,you may have grown up to disbelieve Santa Claus because of whatever But to say in ones heart there is no Santa,That's a fool.

If by Santa you mean father Christmas, he exists. i even have a friend that does father christmas in December.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dapo777:

Let me save u from ur delusion.
Perfect means having no flaws,no errors,When something is perfect it cannot be corrected,it cannot be improved.........apparently there is Nothing perfect on earth because everything on earth has It's flaws whether obvious or inconspicuous.
Yahweh is not perfect. If Yahweh was perfect why does he need humans? Why did he create angels? Why does he need a dwelling place called heaven? Was yahweh Bored that he decided to create earth and humans? What was Yahweh doing back then before he created anything? What prompted Yahweh to start creating? Was he Bored?lonely?jobless? You see??

Yahweh was never perfect,If he was,he would not to feel the need to create anything,because necessity is the mother of invention, only When you need something that you create something and a perfect being can't need anything.

Are u still deluded with ur definition of perfection?

So you're saying that nothing is perfect and that you hold the rights to defining perfect?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
qstar:

To say in one's heart that "there's a god", is an assumption as influenced by culture and religion.

To pick a god out of the millions of gods as the one-true god is appealing to one's emotions and bias, and as such "foolish"

There is only one God, it is indeed foolish to pick any of the million gods. But to say in one's heart "there is no God", ahh, that's a fool no doubt.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

So you're saying that nothing is perfect and that you hold the rights to defining perfect?
Why not define perfection to us then.
Am waiting for ur definition of perfection.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

While i don't laugh at such, the reasons for people doing that may not be farfetched. Mo' didn't fly to heaven, he didn't claim to either as his grave and remains are on earth.
lol....do you believe the quran that states him flying to heaven on a winged animal...?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

If by Santa you mean father Christmas, he exists. i even have a friend that does father christmas in December.
Didn't know the person behind image123 is a kid,now I understand why u don't even know d meaning of perfection.
Don't worry When u grow up,u will kn Wat perfection means smiley
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
     - John 5:31

I am one that bear witness of myself...
     - John 8:18
Even Yahweh himself repented of his evil thoughts in Exodus 32:14
Chaii So Yahweh is a sinner that needs to repent?
Na wa ooo,wetin I no go see for Bible?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dapo777:

Didn't know the person behind image123 is a kid,now I understand why u don't even know d meaning of perfection.
Don't worry When u grow up,u will kn Wat perfection means smiley

Growing up is when? Do you suddenly have a problem with kids? You said nothing is perfect, Hahahaha
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
lol....do you believe the quran that states him flying to heaven on a winged animal...?

Oh did the koran say that? If it does, maybe he did. i thought you were saying he flew like some Elijah.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

Oh did the koran say that? If it does, maybe he did. i thought you were saying he flew like some Elijah.

How would you know?
Kini omode mo? cheesy
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

maybe?....so you base this probability on what?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dapo777:

Why not define perfection to us then.
Am waiting for ur definition of perfection.

conforming absolutely to the description or definition of an ideal type:
"a perfect sphere; a perfect gentleman."

In this sense, everything God made was perfect. Like i can construct a perfect tense in English, or give birth to a perfect baby having no deformities or defects, or harvest a perfect pawpaw fruit, or buy a phone in perfect condition.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dapo777:

How would you know?
Kini omode mo? cheesy

i'm not omniscient.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
maybe?....so you base this probability on what?

Probability based on reality of supernatural occurrences.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

Probability based on reality of supernatural occurrences.
you do know reality is based on things we can verify and have substantial degrees of accuracy to right?.....before defining what supernatural is and how you can detect it.....how are there realities based on them that i can verify?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sonmvayina(m): 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
i am waiting for somebody to prove to me beyond every reasonable doubt that the GOD in the old testament is the same as he one Jesus talked about. according to the old testament God, lepers are suppose to be kept outside of the camp but Jesus welcomes them, when somebody commits adultery they where to be stoned to death but Jesus forgave the woman who was to under go this brutal death...he did not say why the old testament god decreed those things...
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

conforming absolutely to the description or definition of an ideal type:
"a perfect sphere; a perfect gentleman."

In this sense, everything God made was perfect. Like i can construct a perfect tense in English, or give birth to a perfect baby having no deformities or defects, or harvest a perfect pawpaw fruit, or buy a phone in perfect condition.
Then I must say ur definition of perfection is skewed.
No living thing is perfect.
That's why we have genetic mutations.
Your reasoning pattern is nauseating.
I would stop replying you, Since u have no reasonable thing to say.

1 Like

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dapo777:

lol.... excellent deduction dapo777......i will also add that perfection as a concept differs between humans....so a "perfect place" ad the "garden of eden" for "god" may not be the idea of "perfect" for "adam" nor "eve" unless they were automatons( "free-will" nullifies this)

1 Like

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
lol.... excellent deduction dapo777......i will also add that perfection as a concept differs between humans....so a "perfect place" ad the "garden of eden" for "god" may not be the idea of "perfect" for "adam" nor "eve" unless they were automatons( "free-will" nullifies this)
Abi oooo,I trust myself,If I was Adam I would have ate the fruit of life long time ago. Lol.....
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
you do know reality is based on things we can verify and have substantial degrees of accuracy to right?.....before defining what supernatural is and how you can detect it.....how are there realities based on them that i can verify?

Oh i don't know. So perhaps the past is unreal if we can't verify, neither is the future.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

Oh i don't know. So perhaps the past is unreal if we can't verify, neither is the future.
we can verify the past einstein! cheesy ....with the same science used in forensics.....examine the evidence..... not the claim of evidence... tongue

Note:
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
Dapo777:

And your definition is top notch because? i gave you mine from a dictionary BTW ( http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/perfect)
Your reasoning is left ungraded. Any reasoning that doubts the existence of God is suspect. Is there a perfect thing because your earlier deduction was that nothing is perfect.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
we can verify the past einstein! cheesy ....with the same science used in forensics.....examine the evidence..... not the claim of evidence... tongue

Note:
How do we verify the future? How do we verify how many times i urinated yesterday? Was it not reality? How do we verify that my great grandfather didn't ever travel to Sudan?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

How do we verify the future? How do we verify how many times i urinated yesterday? Was it not reality? How do we verify that my great grandfather didn't ever travel to Sudan?
The future can be verified and predicted using current accurate information....
take for example the dwarf planet pluto....we've never observed it long enough to know its orbital period is 200 plus years.....but just by slotting newtonian mechanics we know this...
science is about building models that are predictable....
and you are contradicting yourself below...
How do we verify how many times i urinated yesterday? Was it not reality?
I never said the past isn't real dumb0... tongue
The number of times you urinated can be estimated by measuring your urinal period,water intake,homeostasis,bladder capacity.....even a secondary schooler should know this....
And i merely have to match the geological distribution of your dna to know if your grandfather ever inhabited sudan...
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sheunfemix: 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
Haven of Atheists shocked #running away#
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
davien:
The future can be verified and predicted using current accurate information....
take for example the dwarf planet pluto....we've never observed it long enough to know its orbital period is 200 plus years.....but just by slotting newtonian mechanics we know this...
science is about building models that are predictable....
and you are contradicting yourself below...

I never said the past isn't real dumb0... tongue
The number of times you urinated can be estimated by measuring your urinal period,water intake,homeostasis,bladder capacity.....even a secondary schooler should know this....
And i merely have to match the geological distribution of your dna to know if your grandfather ever inhabited sudan...

Maybe you didn't know, but abusing or insulting people is not intelligence. You should be more reasonable than believers you would think.
How convenient of you to verify Pluto's future, like duh, hahahahahaha. Verify your own future, like what disease would you have found the cure next year. Oh that's easy, we both know. Verify how many posts you're going to make on NL next month. That's not too hard i guess?
You said reality is based on things we can verify and have substantial degrees of accuracy. In other words anything unverifiable in the laboratory is not reality. That's basically what you're saying incase you've not thought about it. Hopefully, it's not a copied idea as usual with unbelievers.
Don't waste time ESTIMATING. How do we verify how many times i urinated yesterday? If we can't verify it, is it unreal? I do know i urinated yesterday. Don't tell me we have to estimate or some mumbo jumbo about secondary school. How can you or anybody verify how many times i urinated yesterday? Is it not reality if you find that hard, absurd or flimsy to verify?
Woah, MERELY MATCHING my DNA, you can tell if my grandfather ever traveled to Sudan? Why do i not believe this? Prove it please prove it to me, it sounds like dem deluded stories you hate.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by DavidKissinger(m): 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by AgentOfAllah: 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
Ubenedictus:

1st, you are right, the use of the word "before" makes the statement almost contradictory since before is used in relation to time. I used the word "before" for lack of a better term. Maybe "prior to" will be a better term. God existed in eternity prior to time.

Quick, off your head, come up with a synonym for "before"... What? Did I hear you say "prior to"? No, "prior to" does not help your cause...still a function of time!

Ubenedictus:

God is pure act (actus purus), thus in his knowing and willing there is no transition from potency to act, no habitus, no sequence

individual wills or knowledge, no progress from known to unknown. His knowing is neither potential nor habitual, neither successive or discursive. God knows all in one single indivisible act and he wills by one single successionless act of willing. Does that statisfy your question?

I don't follow at all. What is the habitus sequence of the three horned blue colourless unicorn with a discursive potential of 20eV? Does that clarify my question?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 9:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
Image123:

Maybe you didn't know, but abusing or insulting people is not intelligence. You should be more reasonable than believers you would think.
How convenient of you to verify Pluto's future, like duh, hahahahahaha. Verify your own future, like what disease would you have found the cure next year. Oh that's easy, we both know. Verify how many posts you're going to make on NL next month. That's not too hard i guess?
You said reality is based on things we can verify and have substantial degrees of accuracy. In other words anything unverifiable in the laboratory is not reality. That's basically what you're saying incase you've not thought about it. Hopefully, it's not a copied idea as usual with unbelievers.
Don't waste time ESTIMATING. How do we verify how many times i urinated yesterday? If we can't verify it, is it unreal? I do know i urinated yesterday. Don't tell me we have to estimate or some mumbo jumbo about secondary school. How can you or anybody verify how many times i urinated yesterday? Is it not reality if you find that hard, absurd or flimsy to verify?
Woah, MERELY MATCHING my DNA, you can tell if my grandfather ever traveled to Sudan? Why do i not believe this? Prove it please prove it to me, it sounds like dem deluded stories you hate.
lol....The putrid nonsense you conglomerated up there only shows how r3tarded you are in thinking....
estimates are the best evidence anyone can give and like i said earlier along with your homeostasis,bladder capacity and other factors.... i can estimate a number....say no less than 300 or an average of 3-5 times and i will still be right....unless you have a bladder the size of an elephant cheesy
the process for tracing dna to locations' is called geographic population structure.... tongue id0to! lol...
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
I think the idea you think science is image123 is that the occurence itself has to be observable....that idea is wrong....from the observation of the present and being keen to studying processes that are constant to have a default value.... the past and future can be estimated with varying degrees of accuracy thus verify-able tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . / Ghana Bishop Sam Owusu Apologizes To Jerry Eze / ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.