Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. (59160 Views)

Could My Neighbors Be Ignoring Me Based On My Looks? / Could My Neighbor Be Ignoring Me Based On My Looks? / My Ex Boyfriend Is Ignoring Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:
So I really like this guy , we're in the same faculty and level but different departments so we share the same lecture venue for all our lectures.
He's really cool and quiet and that's what I like most in a guy. I stare at him a lot though I try not to and I catch him staring at me sometimes too , sometimes we turn at d same time to stare at each other, the issue is he seems to be ignoring me, I mean he talks to almost every one I relate and associate with ,but he acts as though he doesn't see me , he'll walk up to where I'm standing with a group of friends and greet everyone there except me ,sometimes he passes too close for someone who doesn't like me , his body brushes mine lightly, well we've greeted a few times . I get a lot of attention from guys in my class dunno if that's why he doesn't wanna get close or because the most wanted guy in my class is my best friend though people believe we are dating and I'm an easy person , it even shows on my face. But common I like this guy naturally and wanna be friends with him , I don't think further than that or maybe I do, and oh! He has a favorite girl in our venue , he walks mostly with only her ,u hardly even catch walking with guys its either only him or her. So what's your take on this people, please no harsh comments ,a sister is just sharing her feelings. Thanks.
She likes him and doesn't wanna tell him...OK.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 23, 2014
Sad...

3 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 23, 2014
A
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 23, 2014
You're in school to read, why not just do that and forget about this guy?
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by kolamilan(m): 10:30am On Oct 23, 2014
greggng:
You should be ashamed of your self.you re still a student for christ sake. Do you wanna get pregnant and commit abortion? You should focus on ur career for now. I met a corper in my ppa and she was just 22 and a virgin too. When I fingered her I discovered she was a virgin and I vowed to get her a decent man. Right now she got married to my friend and the live happily in london. The reason why I didn't marry her was that I already ve a girl friend then and just wanted to flirt .it pays to be responsible. Bone the guy
rubbish talk.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 23, 2014
100Cents:

How many carryovers will that save you ?

I don't want you to stay in school beyond your mates..
carry covers when u can sit close to serious guys and free access to d lecturers? Na was for u oh.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by herrdeustch: 10:34am On Oct 23, 2014
If you like this guy:
1.Try to find out if he is the shy type
2.Try to find out if he has any commitments
3.Try to find out if he has any reservations/intimidation about you or the guy(s) around you
4.You can answer no 1-3 by opening up communication with him on the platform of lectures,assignments and other relevant school stuff and then progress it through friendly platonic acquaintance.This is a process , so it may take time especially if the case is true for 1-3.
5.If you find out he has no 2, then you know whatsup
6.If he has no 3, then you need to understand whether its about you or your friend(s).If its about you , then he wont be free with you but will be free with your friend(s).If its your friend(s), he will be friendly to you but not your friend(s).
7.No 1 and 3 are remediable if you are patient , tactful and define your goals
8.There is absolutely nothing wrong in guiding a guy into a sensible friendship/relationship,you may just be the break he needs in life and you have the capacity to leave an indelible mark in his life
9.I am writing all these under the assumption that you have observed this guy to be a responsible individual. Bon adventur

2 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by InglishTeechar(m): 10:34am On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:
So I really like this guy , we're in the same faculty and level but different departments so we share the same lecture venue for all our lectures.
He's really cool and quiet and that's what I like most in a guy. I stare at him a lot though I try not to and I catch him staring at me sometimes too , sometimes we turn at d same time to stare at each other, the issue is he seems to be ignoring me, I mean he talks to almost every one I relate and associate with ,but he acts as though he doesn't see me , he'll walk up to where I'm standing with a group of friends and greet everyone there except me ,sometimes he passes too close for someone who doesn't like me , his body brushes mine lightly, well we've greeted a few times . I get a lot of attention from guys in my class dunno if that's why he doesn't wanna get close or because the most wanted guy in my class is my best friend though people believe we are dating and I'm an easy person , it even shows on my face. But common I like this guy naturally and wanna be friends with him , I don't think further than that or maybe I do, and oh! He has a favorite girl in our venue , he walks mostly with only her ,u hardly even catch walking with guys its either only him or her. So what's your take on this people, please no harsh comments ,a sister is just sharing her feelings. Thanks.

This is what you should do…anytime you see him with his favorite girl, walk up to them and greet her alone or have a chat with her and act you didnt notice he is there, girl i am 100million pecent sure that move will make him uneasy and begin to look for ways to have a chat with you, trust me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by SexyFox(f): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2014
Ignore the guy too.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by silversonuc(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2014
valmunich:

And who the phuck are you again ? undecided

jux someone who has phobia for iberibe
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by coolvitus(m): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2014
We are africans oh don't dare if u don't want to be taking 4 granted. Love no get base look elsewhere period.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by akinz4u(m): 10:47am On Oct 23, 2014
numericalguy:
OP, how do u expect such a nice and cool dude to approach you when you have baricaded yourself by hanging on the arm of the "most wanted guy" in your level. So much so that most people think you are dating. You get loads loads of attention from all the guys in your level buy flirting with them.

Must you have every guy in your class? He's the last one remaining and you must have him even when you know he has a favourite girl.

I don't think you really love him. You only want to conqure him since he's probably one of the few guys left that is not really bothered by you.
bros u be genius.. u sure say u no study WOMANOLOGY
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by rattlesnake(m): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2014
U need jesus
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by johnjon: 10:50am On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:

Oh well, after checking your profile picture, I understand why the guy is ignoring you.
Are you a cult member?

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Mrfils(m): 10:56am On Oct 23, 2014
Ceasar1:

Hell right, like he owns her an explanation abi? undecided

See they don't have anything going on between them. I mean they ain't even friends, there's nothing. He doesn't even know she likes him.

So it's only proper that he's treats her that way.
It's normal.

Just because she likes a guy doesn't mean he should like her back or pay attention to her at all.

Friendship doesn't just fall from the sky. If she wants acquaintance and more, she should work, create and promote the atmosphere.

Or sit and crush silently from behind.

Wish there was a "clapping" the smiley, u should av gotten it from me...
Kudos bro! Nice comment

2 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Sonsugar: 10:56am On Oct 23, 2014
Does it actually naturally burn out like they are saying it? NO! so what do you do; just walk up to him make up a conversation, get to know him; probably let him know you want him to help you out with something and how you can get to see him one on one. then play into his privacy with the babe you think is his friend. find out what he likes and how come he gets to walk all alone and if not alone; with his babe. that will make him open up to you if that is his babe or just a friends before you start to let him know your feelings for him. And if you are sure of your feelings then you can be smart to coming out after your findings but if it's just the one fling thing; my dear i don't advice you embark on such pursuit cause the disappointment will leave you regretting unless he does better than you expected. it has happened to me lots of times and the babes were very smart with their tactics they were in the same shoes like you and they got it all in bringing out their feelings but not that i couldn't approach them just didn't want to make some one as special as they were to hurt. we all are not chop clean mouth like some like to do and believe you me you will be shock to find out he likes you like mad but doesn't know if you are dating that guy. that is why sometimes the way you play with some guys should be checked and you must learn to check some guys excesses. If you happen to date a guy who is jealous he might not know how to express himself and there comes trouble. So let him know certain things and the rest is up to him which i believe he already knows how to go about it. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by muyikutkene(m): 11:00am On Oct 23, 2014
my advice for u is dat any thing dat does not come from GOD is frm d devil so if u really wan't to marry pray to GOD nd he will give u d peraon He planned for u. am not sure dat feeling of urs is frm GOD. may be because of d way u described d guy, dat is wy u like him or there is more to dat. d o not allow satan to av his way in ur life. becarefull.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by hadizadeezy(f): 11:02am On Oct 23, 2014
Are you single?
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 23, 2014
adexsimply:
Which one be "quit guys" again biko?
u no dey do mistake angry
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Smoj(m): 11:06am On Oct 23, 2014
wetin man no go see for nl
laughing with my nose
free dat guy & kip ur feelings
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Spiritualj: 11:07am On Oct 23, 2014
halo halo haux d guy really likes but d problem is dat he can't make d moves because he is to shy wat u will c him doing around u is notice me I belt u he will Neva Com to,well if u go for he will surely tk u for granted Nigeria is not America or Europe am speaking wit experience am totti
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by valmunich(m): 11:11am On Oct 23, 2014
silversonuc:

jux someone who has phobia for iberibe
Mtshww...

Pls don't quote me next time to write that poo
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by adexsimply(m): 11:13am On Oct 23, 2014
sameer1212:
u no dey do mistake angry
Sorry Sir
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 23, 2014
muyikutkene:
my advice for u is dat any thing dat does not come from GOD is frm d devil so if u really wan't to marry pray to GOD nd he will give u d peraon He planned for u. am not sure dat feeling of urs is frm GOD. may be because of d way u described d guy, dat is wy u like him or there is more to dat. d o not allow satan to av his way in ur life. becarefull.

I've seen myriad of stupidity in my days, yours takes the crown.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by kolajoo(m): 11:16am On Oct 23, 2014
subzidi:
@OP
This is coming from a big Aunty ie been there done that smiley I don't know your level in school but I feel the stage at which you are is the stage to develop and polish your social skills. There's nothing wrong with striking a conversation with this guy, in fact you might discover in due course he may not be worth the crush depending on what personality makeup appeals you! Now, you can start with borrowing his lecture note or complementing whatever he's wearing that captures your fancy wink from there a conversation starts... Trust me,when you finally get into the real world you will find yourself in situations where you have to socialize/interact with wider audience regardless and the ability to swiftly engage has a way of making advance in your career.
The issue is that the context at which people are interpreting your situation is as though you are looking for a date/rship with the guy which may NOT be true! Ain't nothing wrong with making great friends opposite sex or not. There are many people you'd meet in school that a few years down the line you'd be glad you did!
It is anti-social for you see someone you admire and pretend as though they don't exist, this also happens amongst girls too. You see a fellow girl, you like her personality,she's smart etc instead you'd rather hate on her, judge as being proud,feeling full of herself and so on without fully knowing the person...it has happened to me. Funny enough i've been in a position where someone I knew in school came for a job interview which I was in the pannel grin . Summary good social skills take you far in life and young people should please drop all these stereotypes and learning to make friends for the sake of it! Unfortunately relationships are over sexualized in our generation. You sound like one with her head properly screwed on her shoulders.
Wish you the best in your academic pursuit!
Please I have something I would like to ask you and I will really appreciate if you honor my request and give me the privilege madam. Pls add me on bbm 7F43AC64 or send me PM.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 23, 2014
adexsimply:
Sorry Sir
grin
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by goldtooth: 11:17am On Oct 23, 2014
coolvitus:
We are africans oh don't dare if u don't want to be taking 4 granted. Love no get base look elsewhere period.
The fact that a guy talks to you doesn't mean he still won't take you for granted if he is a player and has gotten what he wants. The fact that you created the atmosphere or made the first move doesn't mean a guy would take you for granted. Bottom line is it Depends on the type of guy. Action speaks louder than words. I suggest the OP shows this guy she like him.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by dazpa(m): 11:20am On Oct 23, 2014
One thing I have observed here is that blacks especially Africans are very ugly.I'm not hating but I think you guys should start mixing with other race. Just my honest opinion.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Dynasty92: 11:22am On Oct 23, 2014
greggng:
You should be ashamed of your self.you re still a student for christ sake. Do you wanna get pregnant and commit abortion? You should focus on ur career for now. I met a corper in my ppa and she was just 22 and a virgin too. When I fingered her I discovered she was a virgin and I vowed to get her a decent man. Right now she got married to my friend and the live happily in london. The reason why I didn't marry her was that I already ve a girl friend then and just wanted to flirt .it pays to be responsible. Bone the guy
grin n she allowed u manipulate her..Hw does dat mk her any much different Frm d rest?
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by HopeAlive14(m): 11:22am On Oct 23, 2014
I think there is a wide difference between "a crush" and love.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by lambros(f): 11:22am On Oct 23, 2014
Go and tell him your mind..

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by MadCow1: 11:26am On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:

[b]Rita...

You know what to do so why are you seeking more advice?

Walk up to him, talk to him and if possible get him to take a walk with you whilst talking.

I been think say you ugly, but your picture make mad sense. Many guys who are shy like me would not talk to a girl they like and even act strange towards her.

In school, the girl I had a crush on for years was friends with my female friends and yet I never flowed with her. I was soo shy, I couldn't be free where she was. Me who comes into a place and takes over with jokes and stuff would be silent in her presence. I never yabbed her, joked with her or even held any small talk with her.

One day she actually walked up to me and said; 'Are you busy?' I said No.. And she said please come keep me company, I need to get to the hostel and back for something.. We started walking and all it took to loosen my tongue was when she asked:: 'Why do you hate me?'.... Needless to say the rest is history..

Go and talk to the guy and break the silence.. atleast set up the conversation path so he is free to talk. He sounds like a shy guy.

Don't thank me, thank him..

[/b]

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Recession: Price Of Pad Has Increased, Husband Should Come Quick - Nigerian Girl / Young Man Married To Oyinbo Grandma (Photo) / Romance Section Chat Room III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.