Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,892 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. (59159 Views)

Could My Neighbors Be Ignoring Me Based On My Looks? / Could My Neighbor Be Ignoring Me Based On My Looks? / My Ex Boyfriend Is Ignoring Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by jaybee17(m): 9:02am On Oct 23, 2014
A gal also was triping for me in ma compound in school....i delayed in aproaching her to be sure...and wen i was sure i made my move...we are dating now...may that is what that guy is trying to do
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by darnley16(m): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2014
Eberex:

If you were in the West you would have approached him, but too bad we are Africans. I'll advise you don't make yourself look desperate for his attention as It would send the wrong message and in turn might not really believe you. Hence I suggest you keep your cool. Keep your standard. If he likes you, he should be man enough to at least have a conversation with you.
your Analysis is wrong and at the same time Unfortunate, 1) "in the west" do you think everything that happens in the movies is what is? , ponder about that question a bit , it depends on who has the courage to meet who first, its not necessarily because you stay in the west that abruptly gives you courage to tell a guy you like him, and
2) "Too bad We are Africans". What exactly do you think this word mean, I'll say you meant , Too Bad YOU are African' as I said earlier it is not. Because of where u stay you cannot tell a guy you like him,its not because ure African, Black, White, coloured or whatever, it depends on the person not race or territorial boundaries, hey lady wake up! We are in the 21st century, nobody cares if you ask a guy out or not , Nigerians have other business to talk about than you telling a guy you like him, and who knows mayb he was waiting for you to set the first pace,,, FYI, not all Men ask out the girl they like out,some are too shy, or some show greenlight by making look obvious tht they are ignoring you( like what the pal in this case keeps doing,which is bad advice probably from friends) it makes the whole deal easier , if you walk up to him and tell him how you feel, HMmm no wonder most Nigerians marry who they don't love and they keep saying because we arnt in the west,,,,Life is too short, enjoy it now , its not like anybody will make it out Alive?!!! So now tell tht mo'fvcker you like him!

2 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Dreyl(m): 9:05am On Oct 23, 2014
miembamish:
@Msrita. Yeah ah knw u.. We're inde Faculty in Unical. Well qoute me den we talk. Try to recall de dude called "Mish" in skul in ur Faculty, dats me. Emmm!!! Juz quote me 1st
so you too wan they form with that your nose wey be like aeroplane.
No offence cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by OnyekachukwuC: 9:08am On Oct 23, 2014
Hmm ur walking with the solution nd u don't knw, ur friend is one of the cutest guys around and that makes u a celebrity in scl. Use ur friend to go close to him, i will explain more when am less busy.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:
So I really like this guy , we're in the same faculty and level but different departments so we share the same lecture venue for all our lectures.
He's really cool and quiet and that's what I like most in a guy. I stare at him a lot though I try not to and I catch him staring at me sometimes too , sometimes we turn at d same time to stare at each other, the issue is he seems to be ignoring me, I mean he talks to almost every one I relate and associate with ,but he acts as though he doesn't see me , he'll walk up to where I'm standing with a group of friends and greet everyone there except me ,sometimes he passes too close for someone who doesn't like me , his body brushes mine lightly, well we've greeted a few times . I get a lot of attention from guys in my class dunno if that's why he doesn't wanna get close or because the most wanted guy in my class is my best friend though people believe we are dating and I'm an easy person , it even shows on my face. But common I like this guy naturally and wanna be friends with him , I don't think further than that or maybe I do, and oh! He has a favorite girl in our venue , he walks mostly with only her ,u hardly even catch walking with guys its either only him or her. So what's your take on this people, please no harsh comments ,a sister is just sharing her feelings. Thanks.
...start a conversation with him anytime the opportunity comes up with him around you.don't sound too desperate to get his attention because he is having similar feelings for you.be friends with him.wish you well...
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by DEllaluv(f): 9:11am On Oct 23, 2014
Tallesty1:
You ignored all the guys that are giving you attention and you are complaining that someone is ignoring you??

How does it sound?

You have a favourite guy.

He is got a favourite girl.

So you would be happy if he leaves her and starts walking with you "slowly"?

If you want him that badly then why don't you just walk up to him and tell him your mind?

Abeg park well and free a brother.

mature advice

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Mologi(m): 9:12am On Oct 23, 2014
so as ur face hard reach so,u no fit tell him ur mind..

ashe o tie le
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by greggng: 9:14am On Oct 23, 2014
You should be ashamed of your self.you re still a student for christ sake. Do you wanna get pregnant and commit abortion? You should focus on ur career for now. I met a corper in my ppa and she was just 22 and a virgin too. When I fingered her I discovered she was a virgin and I vowed to get her a decent man. Right now she got married to my friend and the live happily in london. The reason why I didn't marry her was that I already ve a girl friend then and just wanted to flirt .it pays to be responsible. Bone the guy

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Eberex(m): 9:14am On Oct 23, 2014
darnley16:
your Analysis is wrong and at the same time Unfortunate, 1) "in the west" do you think everything that happens in the movies is what is? , ponder about that question a bit , it depends on who has the courage to meet who first, its not necessarily because you stay in the west that abruptly gives you courage to tell a guy you like her, and
2) "Too bad We are Africans". What exactly do you think this word mean, I'll say you meant , Too Bad YOU are African' as I said earlier it is not. Because of where u stay you cannot tell a guy you like him,its not because ure African, Black, White, coloured or whatever, it depends on the person not race or territorial boundries, hey lady wake up! Were in the 21st century, nobody cares if you ask a guy out or not , Nigerians have other bussiness to talk about than you telling a guy you like him, and who knows mayb he was waiting for you to set the first pace,,, FYI, not all Men ask out the girl they like out, it makes the whole deal easier , if you walk up to him and tell him how you feel, HMmm no wonder most Nigerians marry who they don't love and they keep saying because we arnt in the west,,,,Life is too short, enjoy it now , its not like anybody will make it out Alive?!!!

To be honest I didn't get any point from all you just said. And i'll still repeat it: Its not our culture for women to woo guys (where is your location by the way)? You talk like you don't understand what is obtainable here in Nigeria. Whether she has courage or not, the best she can do is try and break into a conversation with him and not a direct approach as you mentioned.
Secondly, yes ''too bad we are Africans'' in the sense that our culture frowns at a woman making the approach. You talk about the 21st Century and saying nobody cares! And you think that's a reason people get married to who they don't love? give me a break!!! your points are that of a person who probably left the continent after birth and returned as an adult.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by simdam500(m): 9:16am On Oct 23, 2014
Am i here already? I shouldn't... Am done doing shy me, shy you love at first sight...

Ben carson said life is all about risk. But if i'm to tell you anything, i will say you should try the B/W Analysis meaning (best/worst analysis). It works
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Superstar007(m): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2014
Ceasar1:

Hell right, like he owns her an explanation abi? undecided

See they don't have anything going on between them. I mean they ain't even friends, there's nothing. He doesn't even know she likes him.

So it's only proper that he's treats her that way.
It's normal.

Just because she likes a guy doesn't mean he should like her back or pay attention to her at all.

Friendship doesn't just fall from the sky. If she wants acquaintance and more, she should work, create and promote the atmosphere.

Or sit and crush silently from behind.

Endorsed cool

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by omosiano(m): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2014
d guy is probably a shy type......since he also like stealing a glance at u....he is surely interested in u....my advice...... jus find a course u too do together.....and talk abt d teacher with him......from there make him feel comfortable wit u
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:

There's no plan A or plan B or whatever, I was talking about making good grades at school

Hmmmmm, but if having d dude as u so much craved for had worked, i doubt if making As and Bs would've been ur main target. Like i said, it's all good, so enjoy urself. I earlier asked what faculty you are but u didnt answer me.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Femistico(m): 9:33am On Oct 23, 2014
forget bout african mentality dear jes walk up to him and tell him ur mind..this is 21st century for God sake..

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by silversonuc(m): 9:34am On Oct 23, 2014
valmunich:

What the deuce

Why this girl dey dull like this Kwan? sad

I don't understand oh...

You're the girl for phuck's sake!

You've got the pussyy ! undecided

You've got everything it takes to get this dude crawling.. sad

The way he even acts... Not greeting you and the rest shows the he's into you honestly.

Some guys does that sometimes, so as not to look desperate, they tend to ignore

Last bullet: Give him the lights and see how it goes

My 3coins grin

shez gat d pussy nd so bleeping wat? Nigga get a life, errbdy cnt crawl for pussy like u man, stop displaying ya foolishness in public

2 Likes

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by silversonuc(m): 9:39am On Oct 23, 2014
numericalguy:
OP, how do u expect such a nice and cool dude to approach you when you have baricaded yourself by hanging on the arm of the "most wanted guy" in your level. So much so that most people think you are dating. You get loads loads of attention from all the guys in your level buy flirting with them.

Must you have every guy in your class? He's the last one remaining and you must have him even when you know he has a favourite girl.

I don't think you really love him. You only want to conqure him since he's probably one of the few guys left that is not really bothered by you.

or she is prolly in a secret competition with d said favourite gal, its a gal tin

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by dapsonlou(m): 9:44am On Oct 23, 2014
[quote author=msrita post=27332208][u hardly even catch walking with guys its either only him or her. /quote]

He's a gay let him go, girls always confuse a guy acting feminine as butty. Real mean don't hand with just girls
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by OmoEziokwu: 9:45am On Oct 23, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

When will numbskulls like you learn to spell properly? For God's sake, what is wrong with people nowadays?!

What is the meaning of 'sud' or 'y'?!

Nairaland is a hotbed of dimwit ramblings.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 23, 2014
I'm severally guilty of this...either he's shy or not really interested for certain reasons.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by evablisse(f): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2014
gistmelove:
1.sit near him during lecture
2.Start a conversation with him with wayo e.g hey sorry this lecture is 2 hours right? He looks at u he notices you
3.He would toast u after the class no worry
4.He ask 4 ur number u'll give it to him
5.He will chat with u on watsapp and he would invite to his crib probably offcamp
6.U would go see him,he would chat with u laff with u play with u,kiss u and shag u
7.He wld stop picking ur calls
8.U'll come baq to nairaland to open thread about heart break story END
rotfl, You're right somehow because it does happen. It's not actually the way she feels now that she may be when she gets close to the guy.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by valmunich(m): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2014
silversonuc:

shez gat d pussy nd so bleeping wat? Nigga get a life, errbdy cnt crawl for pussy like u man, stop displaying ya foolishness in public
And who the phuck are you again ? undecided
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by cyrusmike001: 9:49am On Oct 23, 2014
I'm a guy but i think i know what he's doing. Its either he's shy or playing hard to get, i know that's a lady's thing but guys are doing it now too to satisfy our ego. But from my own view, i think he likes u just as much as u like him. Him ignoring u is just a subtle way of telling u he's interested. If u really want to know for sure if he likes u, just chat him up on social media, it works.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by princemi(m): 9:58am On Oct 23, 2014
greggng:
You should be ashamed of your self.you re still a student for christ sake. Do you wanna get pregnant and commit abortion? You should focus on ur career for now. I met a corper in my ppa and she was just 22 and a virgin too. When I fingered her I discovered she was a virgin and I vowed to get her a decent man. Right now she got married to my friend and the live happily in london. The reason why I didn't marry her was that I already ve a girl friend then and just wanted to flirt .it pays to be responsible. Bone the guy
...pastor no dey form decent, he snatched her from u simple!...i bliv ur still hurting dats y u telling d world of ur purported gud will..
smh undecided
greggng:
...pastor no dey form decent, he snatched her from u simple!...i bliv ur still hurting dats y u telling d world of ur purported gud will..
smh

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by femi4: 10:02am On Oct 23, 2014
msrita:

Sorry, I don't get that kitten on a silver tray thing..
Pls tell me what I'm thinking isn't what you are suggesting?
You should get a young cat, put it on a silver tray and present it to him

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Ndababa(m): 10:05am On Oct 23, 2014
On a serious note here, who wants me... wink
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Deiok(m): 10:06am On Oct 23, 2014
Maybe he doesnt like your type of girl, or maybe he is misinterpreting your prsonality.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by mimon79(m): 10:08am On Oct 23, 2014
[quote author=thorpido post=27332470]He's probably shy and can't approach you.
He's probabl 3y not interested in you.
He probably thinks you are involved with the 'most wanted guy'.[b][/b]
He doesn't like the fact that you get too much attention from guys(some guys don't like a lady with too many guys around her).
He's involved with someone.

I am the most wanted guy
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Frankenstein: 10:09am On Oct 23, 2014
Ceasar1:

Hell right, like he owns her an explanation abi? undecided

See they don't have anything going on between them. I mean they ain't even friends, there's nothing. He doesn't even know she likes him.

So it's only proper that he's treats her that way.
It's normal.

Just because she likes a guy doesn't mean he should like her back or pay attention to her at all.

Friendship doesn't just fall from the sky. If she wants acquaintance and more, she should work, create and promote the atmosphere.

Or sit and crush silently from behind.

Word!

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by GodMode: 10:09am On Oct 23, 2014
I've done this to a lady some years ago.... I totally ignored her and she always stared at me..... I was attracted to her but I couldn't let anything distract me from achieving my dreams.... Today, she's happily married to another guy and I'm still single chasing that same dream...

Op, he may or may not be attracted to you...

In reality,
If you don't talk to him now... your feelings will fade with time and you'll move on.... but you won't forget this opportunity you once had... at least talking to him won't make the world end.
Re: A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. by Mrcapability7: 10:11am On Oct 23, 2014
How it fade?i don't know.. There was this particular gal i loved and cherish, whenever i approach and talk to this sis she would started looking at the sky and ignoring me because she has too many male admirers.. With times passes my feelings for her reduced[even forgot her]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Masturbation: Good Or Bad? Nigerians React (Video) / Recession: Price Of Pad Has Increased, Husband Should Come Quick - Nigerian Girl / Young Man Married To Oyinbo Grandma (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.