Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? (26605 Views)

See What The Colonial Masters Force Black Ladies To Do (pics) / Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

You're still asking for reason. Jay-Z is just having fun. When Beyonce will start her foolishness, he'll just let her be and go hang out with Rihanna. Who has time for nonsense?

From what context are you judging Beyonce? Was there any time she had been bitchy? I hope you know she keeps a low profile life despite her popularity wink
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

Thanks

I love love love being his wife.  And having had been married before to a spineless man who could not find his way out of a paperbag and having to carry the weight of a family on my shoulders for 18 years I was more than happy to turn that over to him and give him that weight.

What i do for him, that may seem submissive and slave like to others, is done out of love and respect for him.  I love to see his smile as i bring him his plate and glass of wine.  I love to hear him say my shirts are always ironed and hanging perfectly thank you iyawo you spoil me.  I love to hear him brag to his friends about what a great wife, cook, mother i am and how lucky he is to have me.  

There are so many rewards for the things i do for him that it makes doing it so effortless and easy.

sistawoman, you need to hook up guys with babes on your "personally recommended" list of wife-materials.

Please write a book on your experiences so that young black women can read and understand. Too many of them have angry black women as role-models. Thanks!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

sistawoman, you need to hook up guys with babes on your "personally recommended" list of wife-materials.

Please write a book on your experiences so that young black women can read and understand. Too many of them have angry black women as role-models. Thanks!

make we hear word ,haba,diff strokes for diff folks,its not by force for all them women to go wt sistawmns advise
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

Richy,

I have to agree with her, one can never really know what happens behind closed doors.

i had a friend whos father was loving and supportive and everyone thought he was perfect.  Behind close doors he beat the hell out them kids and beat on her mom as well.

Every closed eye is not sleeping.

Agreed. However, that you do not know what happens behind close doors does not imply in any way that what happens behind the doors are bad!

Obama, my man, must be one of the most scrutinized men alive today. The Republicans, helped Hannity and Faux Noise, dug deep into his life and could only find "associations". That guy is an epitome of clarity, simplicity and uprightness. Let us not allow the noise from angry single black women drown the sweet voice of stability that the Obamas radiate!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2008
whatever90:

make we hear word ,haba,diff strokes for diff folks,its not by force for all them women to go wt sistawmns advise

Who is forcing who? Maybe you need a refresher on the meaning of the word "force".

Abeg leave the page if your eyes are tired of reading the truth about the reality of single black women in America!

There are others that would come and read and know that many of us are in support of them kicking out Oprah Winfrey and bringing in Michelle Obama and sistawoman as their role models.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2008
[size=13pt]Sista as a role-model ahahahaha[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:24pm On Nov 19, 2008
tRoOE:

Why not?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 7:24pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Who is forcing who? Maybe you need a refresher on the meaning of the word "force".

Abeg leave the page if your eyes are tired of reading the truth about the reality of single black women in America!

There are others that would come and read and know that many of us are in support of them kicking out Oprah Winfrey and bringing in Michelle Obama and sistawoman as their role models.

*yawns*

next

tRoOE:

role model my ass undecided
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2008
whatever90:

Because I have made some mistakes in my past, learned from them, adjusted my behavior and moved on.

It is this experience/ these mistakes that form my views and ways of doing things now.

Question my life now, not what it was 10 years ago.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 7:30pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

You're still asking for reason. Jay-Z is just having fun. When Beyonce will start her foolishness, he'll just let her be and go hang out with Rihanna. Who has time for nonsense?

When I call you a sexist you deny ity

They've been dating for 6 years, what "foolishness" can she start?

Are you saying she can never be 'responsible"? what's the reason

Unlike some women, Beyonce isnt known for cheating in relationship(s)
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 7:31pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Why not?
[size=13pt]Becos she isn't fit 4 one undecided[/size]

whatever90:

*yawns*

next

[size=13pt]
Abi oh, i guess someone forget the definition of role model
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

How do you know, do you live with her, have you spoken with her directly?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

Because I have made some mistakes in my past, learned from them, adjusted my behavior and moved on.

It is this experience/ these mistakes that form my views and ways of doing things now.

Question my life now, not what it was 10 years ago.

im not talking about ur past,so why bring it on?

u r a woman of ur own,so also is trooe ,karma,moi and others,now telling us to walk thru ur own way,cos u have spoken well to them men ,is where i come in.
u r a role model to them and other pple,but def not for sm other pple here
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2008
This is really exciting! Black women now have better choices as role models, not those angry, bitter, in-da-closet feminazis that have been feeding them h-shit for years. White women have always had great role-models and that has helped them so much.

Michelle Obama is the way forward!

Do your wifely duties with a big smile on your face! It shows you love what you're doing and the smile comes from the heart. I wonder why some black women can't believe Michelle is enjoying her role as a traditional wife. They want to paint Barack as a closet-wife-beater. No way! They're a happy couple because Barack loves and respects her wife and Michelle loves the traditional role of a wife.

This is a huge turn in events for single black women everywhere!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt]because she isn't fit 4 one undecided[/size]
[size=13pt]
Abi oh, i guess someone forget the definition of role model
[/size]

I really could care less if i am someone elses role model.  The only person i want to see that in me is my daughtar.  And the only person i seek approval from his hubby.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

How do you know, do you live with her, have you spoken with her directly?

Cos it would have been all over the damn place. Those people cant escape anything.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 7:36pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

because it would have been all over the damn place. Those people can't escape anything.

how many gay rappers stay in the closet?

Not everything is reveiled all at once. Who knows what might come out later.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by 4Play(m): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt][font=Garamond][color=#990000]So tell me, what kind of educated intelligent lady will settle down with a man like Outlaws, that can not address a lady in a respectful way without using fowl language, you see why 70% of the ladies will stay single.

Fowl language? So Outlawz dey talk like fowl?  grin  grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

how many gay rappers stay in the closet?

Not everything is reveiled all at once.  Who knows what might come out later.

actually most people are aware that P Diddy is bisexual. No matter how hard he tried to hide his escapades

Point is RichyBlack is making dumb blind judgments on the woman for no reason.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

I really could care less if i am someone elses role model.  The only person i want to see that in me is my daughtar.  And the only person i seek approval from his hubby.
[size=13pt]Good for you abi na your blood be that[/size]

This is really exciting! Black women now have better choices as role model, not those angry, bitter, in-da-closet feminazis that have been feeding them h-shit for years. White women have always had great role-models and that has helped them so much.

Michelle Obama is the way forward!

Do your wifely duties with a big smile on your face! It shows you love what you're doing and the smile comes from the heart. I wonder why some black women can't believe Michelle is enjoying her role as a traditional wife. They want to paint Barack as a closet-wife-beater. No way! They're a happy couple because Barack loves and respects her wife and Michelle loves the traditional role of a wife.
This is a huge turn in events for single black women everywhere
[size=13pt]ROTFLMFAO this man is a joker
abeg let hear work jare
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

When I call you a sexist you deny ity

They've been dating for 6 years, what "foolishness" can she start?

Are you saying she can never be 'responsible"? what's the reason

Black guys don't really care about cheating. Black women cannot compete with black dudes in that department, so no worries there.

The real problem is wifely duties. For example, men like to have kids with the woman they love. When is Beyonce going to allow Jay-Z make her tummy huge? Would she put her career ahead of her family? Would she allow her "busy" schedule get in the way of satisfying her man? etc.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2008
4 Play:

Fowl language? So Outlawz dey talk like fowl?  grin  grin  
[size=13pt]Oh shut up 4play
duh meaning profanity
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

The real problem is wifely duties. For example, men like to have kids with the woman they love. When is Beyonce going to allow Jay-Z make her tummy huge? Would she put her career ahead of her family? Would she allow her "busy" schedule get in the way of satisfying her man? etc.

So because she's not knocked up yet, that means he's gonna leave? You have issues Richy

when/if they have kids, seeing that's she's SOUTHERN and SOUTHERN people esp women are very family orientated so I see her stepping back for family

Infact she's getting ready to retire so what were you saying again?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

actually most people are aware that P Diddy is bisexual. No matter how hard he tried to hide his escapades

Point is RichyBlack is making dumb blind judgments on the woman for no reason.

No problem. When the inevitable divorce comes along just remember that RichyBlack predicted it faaaar baaack!

Beyonce is mainly concerned about her career; family is in the waaay-backseat. This tension will grow and rupture whatever bonds her with Jay-Z.

If she changes her focus and puts her family (the one she'll make with Jay-Z not the one she came from) first, like Celine Dion has done, then there is hope for the marriage.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2008
How about you get married before you judge other people's marriages?

you've been screaming Somalian fiancee for the past 7 years
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

No problem. When the inevitable divorce comes along just remember that RichyBlack predicted it faaaar baaack!

Beyonce is mainly concerned about her career; family is in the waaay-backseat. This tension will grow and rupture whatever bonds her with Jay-Z.

If she changes her focus and puts her family (the one she'll make with Jay-Z not the one she came from) first, like Celine Dion has done, then there is hope for the marriage.

Recall that Brad Pitt left that Jennifer Aniston chic because the chic was too concerned about how nine months of pregnancy will "bend" her body out of shape. Brad Pitt did the right thing and left her ass for the quintessential baby-lover - Angelina Jolie!

Guys like having their own kids. I hope Beyonce is not going to be like Jenifer!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

na uncle Richy you dey yab so?  shocked
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2008
@ trooe, you have more time that I do.

What rubbish am I reading on this thread? I always tell anyone that cares to listen that I'm a feminist. Submission is not a word in my dictionary. Compromise is more like it. How can my husband tell me to go and do something and I will act like a mugun and do it regardless of whether it's senseless or not? No man wants a doormat for a wife. Any man who wants that is a complete coward. It's better to have a woman who is not afraid to have and voice her own opinions.

As for cooking, we will compromise on that. I have no problem feeding my husband till his stomach pops out. My problem lies in the fact that he won't appreciate it or think it's my job to do it. Don't get me wrong. I will cater to my man but the feminist in me will also realize that I need to be catered to once in a while too.
If a man can put his career over his family because he feels that his wife is holding things down at home, who's the real boss of the house?
If any of you cared to listen, Obama praises Michelle like there's no tomorrow. I have never heard more adoration in a man's voice. Michelle is a strong woman and she's not a slave to him like most Nigerian men would want us to be. Most of you need to listen to what the man says about Michelle before you start calling her submissive all because she's carrying a flower.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2008
DavidDylan:

ara e o ya. His wahala is too much. when did he become marriage soothsayer? Seriously he acts like a dramatic woman
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

KarmaMod,

I'm waiting for you to get married first na grin.

What's the hurry? I'm considering a workable scheme to get me four wives at once. Here in Somalia, the women appreciate my moderate view (some guys shoot for six wives). My fiance is even okay with it. Don't worry, everything is being worked out grin grin.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2008
DavidDylan:

wat a terrible name grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

ara e o ya. His wahala is too much. when did he become marriage soothsayer? Seriously he acts like a dramatic woman

Karma, doesn't like Unlce Richy saying the truth. Why? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

My Fiance Was A Lesbian. Should I Still Marry her? / Ladies: What Do You Do When Your Crush Doesn't Start A Chat(dm) Properly? / What Do You Do To Please Your Partner After A Misunderstanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.