Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

1forall's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1forall's Profile / 1forall's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 88 pages)

Literature / Re: What's The Best Story You've Ever Read Here On Literature Forum by 1forall: 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2017
There and Back On Time - Zuby77 (by a country mile)

1 Like

Politics / Re: Judging Willie Obiano And His Footprint On Infrastructure Transcends Anambra by 1forall: 11:20am On Oct 31, 2017
Oh yes Willie is working!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Car Talk / Re: Solar-powered Cars For Nigerians By 2018 by 1forall: 11:32am On Oct 30, 2017
Lol can't laugh enough grin
Events / Re: Girl Goes Nude For Her 20th Birthday Photoshoot by 1forall: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
This is what happens when you avoid addressing your low self-esteem problems.
Career / Re: Discussion by 1forall: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2017
Depends on what criteria you are using to determine 'better'. You will need to supply more information about your expectations for a more robust answer. Note however that a City & Guilds certificate is a vocational qualification while a BSc is academic.
Romance / Re: What Is Your Biggest Fear In Relationship ? by 1forall: 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
That my feelings may diminish in the future and I'll want out
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Desperate For A Job by 1forall: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2017
Masterbiodun:
it is well OP.Your help is on the way,you should have posted this in d Job/Vacancies section
mods...help him move it to right sectioncc ; Crazyman,1forall,uboma

Done.
Business / Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by 1forall: 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2017
babaolofin:

Nna,
When you grow to that level you will understand. All over the world, conglomerate take loans to build industries & empower millions of people. No pain, at all.

Dude if you understood the comment you quoted you really wouldn't have bothered typing the above.
Health / Re: Isha Sesay, CNN Journalist Commends Nigerian Doctors And Nurses by 1forall: 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sierra Leonean nurses and docs must really be messed up then.

Imagine having a healthcare arrangement worse than Nigeria's! Lol grin
Business / Re: Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank by 1forall: 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
lofty900:

There's nothing more traumatic than debt

Try excruciating pain first.
Autos / Re: Free Vin Checks And Reports by 1forall: 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hi,

Can you help check this VIN: 1NXBR232EX4Z227067

le*****us@gmail.com

Thanks.
Career / Re: Starting Careers And Businesses In Ibadan by 1forall: 11:05am On Apr 02, 2017
Career / Re: Forbes: When It's Time To Dump Your Career And Pursue Your Passion by 1forall: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2017
Education / Re: Top 5 Universities With Terrible Postgraduate Programmes by 1forall: 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2017
These are 'Nigerian' problems my friend. What's going on in these schools is a reflection of what's been going on in the country they're situated, and virtually every aspect of Nigeria is bedeviled with these problems.

Which way Nigeria?
Politics / Re: Saraki Visits Berlin Germany To Improve Power Supply In Nigeria (Pics) by 1forall: 2:40pm On Mar 09, 2017
WTF is Saraki working to improve power supply for, is that his job?

No one in Nigeria seems to know the actual functions of the legislature.

The legislature is ignorant of its own duties, the executive does not know, journalists do not know, our legal practitioners do not know and obviously the citizenry is fully unaware. Thus the legislature continue to get away with all sorts of nonsense like this!

1 Like

Career / Re: Which Is Better British High Commission Or A Banking Job? by 1forall: 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
If it's a permanent contract by all means go for the British High Commission job.

Usually their pay is good and comes with benefits. They respect closing times as stipulated in your contract (you're expected to go home once it's closing time regardless) and there are no marketing targets. It is a generally saner environment to work in compared to the Nigerian banking industry.

If I was faced with such a choice I won't blink before knowing what to do.

1 Like

Career / Re: My Interview Today And I Think I Screwed Up by 1forall: 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
kateskitty:
I just had an interesting job interview today and every thing was going really well until they asked that much dreadful question cry

How much do we pay you?
No matter how many times I hear that question or rehears my answer, I always find a way to Fu?k up my answer.

Before I say anything further, this role is for someone with experience which I have, so why on earth will I be calling 70k for an experienced position. Even some entry level position pay 6 figures, now I'm afraid they wouldn't call me back because they think I'm a joke to have said 70k.
And if you are wondering what happened that I said 70k that's because when I was asked that question, I was thinking about something else the number 70 was the first number that popped into my head
Sh!t

The deed's done so just keep your fingers crossed and send in a follow up email/call on Monday to know status.
Properties / Re: Burnt Clay Bricks As An Alternative To Cement Block (less Expensive&looks Better by 1forall: 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
^^ You're absolutely right!
Travel / Re: Agent Demanding N1.3M For Visa To Spain by 1forall: 2:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
You don't need an agent!

Getting the visa needs you to go to their website to find out the requirements for the type of visa you want and apply, and then make sure you meet whatever the requirements are.

I got a business travel visa from there last month and if I remember correctly I think the fee was around 33K. Add to that the mandatory cost of travel insurance which is dependent on the intended duration of stay - the two week travel insurance I bought cost less than 10K.

So all in all it cost less than 50K. If you/your brother is ready to pay N1.3m you can contact me for assistance - I'll give you 50% off that charge and ask for 650K only tongue

See attached for further information and a list of required documents.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Romance / Re: "I Don't Mind Having A Sugar Daddy" -Nigerian Girl In Hijab Says On FB (photos) by 1forall: 2:49pm On Feb 10, 2017
Amberon:
Why blur their faces? Aren't those pictures on social media already?

I don't understand the rationale either
Romance / Re: Valentine's Day: A Lady's Budget For February (Pictured) by 1forall: 11:30am On Feb 10, 2017
So the lady tweeted it to her followers openly, but whoever copied it to post here decided to hide her twitter handle??
Autos / Re: VW Cabrio 2002 - 101K Miles. Great Condition! by 1forall: 1:53pm On Jan 30, 2017
Sold smiley
Career / Re: TOGAF Training Kit by 1forall: 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
If you want to bump your topic I think you should write something meaningful and not just a couple of dots.
Autos / Re: VW Cabrio 2002 - 101K Miles. Great Condition! by 1forall: 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
Magodo, Lagos.
Career / Re: Abuja by 1forall: 4:06pm On Jan 19, 2017
Where are the optometrists and other health sector workers?

Have you considered trying the NL Health section?
Career / Re: I Have HND In Microbiology And I Want To Advance. Kindly Advise by 1forall: 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
I am unsure what you want to do because you mentioned needing to get more education as well as looking for a job.

So, ask yourself the following question and answer honestly:

What kind of professional career do I want?

The answer to that question should determine the action(s) you will take.

My personal opinion however is this: In present day Nigeria I do not think further education will make you more employable than you already are with your HND. What I believe you require now is actual job experience.

My advice: List all the organizations where you think your skills/qualifications are useful. Begin to research them one after the other to discover if you have any contacts there which may make your approach easier, and if not approach them nonetheless. Be ready to volunteer your services in order to gain experience. Make these potential employers understand that you are willing to learn even if for free (yes!). That way you are within the system and are more likely to hear about job openings than if you were on the outside.

If you volunteer in a good organization, within six months you will gain knowledge and experience that will go on your CV and improve your employment chances elsewhere, build a network of industry contacts, and be privy to insider information that can help you plan your career better. The company may even decide to employ you if they are satisfied or impressed by your contributions during the volunteering period.

What do you think?

1 Like

Autos / Re: VW Cabrio 2002 - 101K Miles. Great Condition! by 1forall: 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
This baby is still up for grabs!
Career / Re: My African Youth Initiative by 1forall: 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
I have never heard of "My African Youth Initiative" and a simple Google search returned nothing.

Even the more popular N-Power Program did not require candidates to pay any money so I think you should keep your money in your pocket.
Autos / Re: VW Cabrio 2002 - 101K Miles. Great Condition! by 1forall: 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
More pics:

Autos / VW Cabrio 2002 - 101K Miles. Great Condition! by 1forall: 2:08pm On Jan 09, 2017
This car belongs to a neighbour. It is a Volkswagen Cabrio 2002 and carries the same engine as a VW Golf.

Features:

Automatic Transmission
Factory A/C - super chilling!
Alloy wheels
Leather seats
Retractable soft top (works fine)

Good car for intra-city runs, and great for long distance travel too.

Price: ₦1m

Please call 080 for enquiries

Romance / Re: What's The Weird Thing That Attracts You To The Opposite Sex? by 1forall: 3:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
1bkaye:
Natural bags under their eyes, I can't even explain it lol
Now that's weird.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 88 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.