Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,091 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

“I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration (15103 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Iran Vows To Avenge, Threatens Nigeria. Nigerian Military Prepares. / I’ll Rather Return To My Village Than Work With Buhari –kuku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by doyin13(m): 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2008
Negro Ntns

Your argument, nay, all the arguments on this thread are filled with
easily debunked generalisations.

Take for example, you argue Southerners with their academic excellence
have achieved it to the detriment of enriching their culture.

But surely the examples of Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka, the South or
indeed Nigeria's foremost academics, do not support your argument.

And you suggest examples of Professors in the North who go back to sit  down
on the mat with their families in their villages perhaps. I cannot imagine the likes of Jubril Aminu
or Jerry Gana, elitist sycophants that they are stooping to such low levels.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2008
Dayo pls correct ur signature, am not looking at u dude's. No dey embarrass us, no b so we train u. Hope cold neva finish u and hope say immigration neva get hold of u? Sorry i don forget say u still get 1 yr 8 more months. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by dayokanu(m): 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2008
A bank worker would not be able to build a house and live a decent life in Nigeria but a cab driver has completed his second house in Nigeria He drives a posh car.

He makes an average of $400 every night That is like $12,000 a month How many Bank workers including managers earn this?

While I know university graduates who earn 15,000 to 20,000 naira every month in Nigeria they live on the mainland and have to travel to the Island everyday to earn N20,000
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by SisiJinx: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2008
Nigeria1//:

Now from down to up.  The diary of former obasanjo wife tell you more about the man,  You can ask the children too.
In yar adua cases Yar adua is well educated,  he even has a master degree in science. So Yar adua can not tell the world he as never read about NASA, the man use to teach as ABU. university please??  

he understand the science principle behind this things. you would expect him to uphold the principle he use to teach.   Yar adua is a northerner. what war would happen if a northerner declear the true census of nigeria to other northerners,   what war,  NO,  if a southern do it then they may be problem.

But northerner to northerner, even  his wife. she is northerner.   You see in life there is a time to lie but there is a time to tell the truth. IF you do not now. I tell you,  I would be back on the internet the day they kill Yar adua,  You have to understand. it was the same lie that balewa told about the census that they lead to them killed him,  

In life you have to get to a point when you tell the truth. You can't hide the truth forever. I believe the whole world would see yar adua more as a hero, if he comes out and tell the truth about the census,  You know what makama can lie, we all know that but pictures can't lies,   

Look like i said before, we would pay for makama travel ticket to come and do a lie detector test on live television,   makama falsfied the result,   We would give makama N1 million naira for his trip.

What are you talking about?

I'm not trying to be funny but I honestly have NO IDEA what message, point. . . whatever it is you are try to say.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by dayokanu(m): 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2008
yemi dont disgrace yourself in public.  How do you say that when you are addressing a group of Guys/dudes?

I am not Ife-eco you can Harrass grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2008
Dayokanu

Olodo. Alot of working Nigerian graduates are better than the hustlers abroad (at least excluding those not into scam).
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2008
yemmyse:

Nigeria1

Safe overseas, who do u think u re deceiving?

Tell it to Damilola Taylor, or Justin Fashanu or the Igbo business man killed in China. Better still, tell it to the numerous Nigerians killed in the September 11 attack. My friend wake up.

No one is saying don't travel overseas, am just saying at least get the right skills and qualifications, go in as a professional. See the Indians, the Lebanense, they are respected every well they go to.

U are naive if u think Nigeria is safer than anywhere in Europe.

A cleaner in the UK is better off than most professors and lecturers in Nigeria. . . . . .People must survive and feed their kids.
It is one thing to work and get paid, it is one thing to work in Nigeria and be owed 10 months salary as evident with various ASUU strikes n reh, reh.
You are sitting on your ass condemning a fellow Nigerian who is working hard to survive. . . . . .Shame on u.
If the same dude is doing credit card rackets or 419, y'all would still condemn him. . . . . .

dayokanu:

A bank worker would not be able to build a house and live a decent life in Nigeria but a cab driver has completed his second house in Nigeria He drives a posh car.

He makes an average of $400 every night That is like $12,000 a month How many Bank workers including managers earn this?

While I know university graduates who earn 15,000 to 20,000 naira every month in Nigeria they live on the mainland and have to travel to the Island everyday to earn N20,000

May God bless u, Dayo. . . . . .

Many just open their mouths shamelessly to spew rubbish. . . . . .
The so-called graduates in Nigeria are so hopeless many of them have to go into the NYSC programme THRICE because of the N7,500 it pays monthly.
What are your chances of getting a good job as a Naija graduate. . . . .sit down there and keep deceiving yourself.
This CLEANER is better off than many graduates in Naija who still expects their parents to give em pocket money at the age of 28.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by doyin13(m): 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2008
The picture is a lot more complicated than you lot portray.

They are bank staff in the Uk for example who earn as low as
twenty thousand pounds or less per annum.

Adjusted to take into account the cost of living, it is quite measly.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2008
Dayo apostrophes are used in 2 instances. To show ownership e.g  Dayo's or to shorten is e.g it's a boy. It is in no way used to express plurality.

I go finish u like ur friend Ife-Eco. By the way ur sist is right here
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by doyin13(m): 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2008
@Sauron

Lecturers and Professors in the Uk do not live on a bed of roses either.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2008
Guys

Is life all about money, what about self esteem? sense of fulfilment, achievement?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2008
doyin13:

@Sauron

Lecturers and Professors in the Uk do not live on a bed of roses either.

Please compare them to the lecturers and professors in UNILAG. . . . . .
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2008
yemmyse:

Guys

Is life all about money, what about self esteem? sense of fulfilment, achievement?

Self-esteem ma ass. . . . .
Staying in your parent's house at 30 is your own idea of self esteem??
How many graduates in Nigeria pay house rents and bills?? If it was that rosy in Nigeria. . . .80% of the youths won't be doing cyber-fraud.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2008
Doyin,

You want to tell someone that makes #40,000 a month and has to travel to the island everyday to stay back in Nigeria?

have you wondered about this? You are in England where you take some things for granted have you forgotten how it is to live in NEPA Blackouts?

Security in Nigeria? Are you freaking kidding me? Was a responsible girl coming back from work not stripped naked in the public?

How many Killings go on in Nigeria per day? Have you heard the updates from Jos?

You know how many people are mugged and attacked at Osborne and Apongbon every night.

That Girl working in Erricson that was Killed at Apongbon by Miscreants?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by doyin13(m): 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2008
To summarize. . . .

I admire the efforts of those who try to highlight the positives of home
and the negatives of moving abroad.

Fact is though, it is priceless the peace of mind one gets when life is less of a
lottery. Whether it pertains to workplace protection or general life security.

@sauron

All you need do is look at the vacancies on a wednesday guardian, and the pitiful
Seventeen thousand pounds offered to Readers and Lecturers.

Besides, there is none of the gravitas attached to an academic post in Nigeria, which may
not matter to some, but is fulfilling to many of the people who go down this career path in
Nigeria.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by dayokanu(m): 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2008
A guy earns #20,000 per month after 7-8 years in University and you are talking about self esteem?

Self fulfilment that makes a doctor look for a bank job after many years of penury in the hospital

Achievement of what? Of poverty? You have been working for close to 5 years a guy who drives cab for 5 years here in Chicago would be building his

5 house in Nigeria right now(Outside lagos) or 2nd house in Lekki. achievement?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 7:44pm On Nov 29, 2008
doyin13:

@sauron

All you need do is look at the vacancies on a wednesday guardian, and the pitiful
Seventeen thousand pounds offered to Readers and Lecturers.

Besides, there is none of the gravitas attached to an academic post in Nigeria, which may
not matter to some, but is fulfilling to many of the people who go down this career path in
Nigeria.

Many people would jump at the offer of earning 17k per annum. . . . .
Firstly, the pay is certain(nothing like government owing them) or worrying about armed robbers waiting for u as soon as u get paid.
What is more priceless than one's security or the social security developed countries provide.
Can't a cleaner apply for loans/credit cards here to ease his burden?? Can any cleaner or fresh graduate apply for loans in Nigeria??
I get antsy when some Nigerians try to paint Naija as Canaan. . . . .The few who get lucky to make it up the ladder generally assume it's the same for everyone.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by doyin13(m): 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2008
@Dayokanu

I am actually on your side to the extent, it makes rational sense for most to travel abroad.

But there are some who take the leap, ably qualified whose careers would be enhanced by staying
in Nigeria. Nor do the potential rewards for some justify the fatal risks some take to get there.

Basically, it should not be the automatic default option for gbogbo ero to venture abroad and at any cost.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by shapey(f): 7:46pm On Nov 29, 2008
There is no safety oversea, at least not here in this London.

@ vid, what can i say. The sight of this man crying just tore my heart in bits. I dont blame the guy too much. The guy smart sha, he knew that once they get his passport, he is on  the next virgin Nigeria flight back to Lagos.  grin grin grin

Life no easy oooooo my people. grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Hauwa1: 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2008
sososososos sad. na so them loathe nigeria reach, eyaa
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by doyin13(m): 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2008
@Dayokanu

There is a danger in attaching an economic value to everything.

There was a lecturer at my Uni earning in the mid twenties per annum who
continuously snubbed very lucrative offers worth millions to work in the City.
And if you saw him, he looked like a man who could do with all the money he could get.

Your values are not necessarily the values of someone else and a straightforward economic
calculation might not suffice in all cases.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2008
doyin13:

@Dayokanu
But there are some who take the leap, ably qualified whose careers would be enhanced by staying
in Nigeria. Nor do the potential rewards for some justify the fatal risks some take to get there.

There is no job security in Nigeria. . . . . .
Earlier this year, 3 of ma friends lost their jobs ridiculously in UNIC insurance in Lagos. . .
No warning, no offence. . . . .they got laid off just like that. . . .Is that what u call career enhancement??
If u r not connected in Naija, forget it.

Basically, it should not be the automatic default option for gbogbo ero to venture abroad and at any cost.

I agree with you but it still bores down to his choice.
It's a tad folly for anyone to come here and condemn a cleaner or a shit packer. . . .If Naija is good, they wouldn't venture abroad.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by doyin13(m): 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2008
I think what the likes of Sisi Jinx are arguing is,
they are some who travel abroad on assumptions
nurtured by returnees who paint a rosier picture than
obtains in the ''west''.

They are like Ken Saro Wiwa's Mr B. character who ventures
to Lagos having heard that roads in the big city are paved
with gold.

It gets even more tragic by the feeling of entrapment. . . .Immigrants
in pursuit of fool's gold unfortunately tend to further enhance the myths
rather than admit their folly.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

I think if you see that this isn’t about US bashing you’ll see that we are saying the same thing here. No doubt people make it abroad, the same way people make it in Nigeria.
Pardon me but I think you are the one who keeps trying to mix things up here. You made some statements earlier about people needing to save for two years just to come back to Nigeria and I just took upon myself to help you with information about life in the west so you can better understand why and how life in the west is not what you think it is there and how it cannot be compared to life in Nigeria. So, no, I don’t think this should be made about US Bashing either but we need to make more informed statements here.
Now, you claim the same people that make it abroad, make it in Nigeria. You never explain the how and the why of it. With a population of about 140 million, we have over 70 million of those people considered VERY VERY POOR (living on less than a dollar a day), there is an equally large number living on less than $2 dollars a day in the same country. Now if one of the can escape the situation in Nigeria, to a $30 a day lifestyle, are you telling us here that your “The same people make it abroad, the same people make it in Nigeria” theory applies? As someone already pointed out, can an illegal immigrant in Nigeria get a cleaning job and make as good a living on that as a Nigerian illegal immigrant working a cleaning job in the UK can?

Sisi Jinx:

The issue here. . . At least for me is those who leave certainty for uncertainty because they believe it is certainty and they do this based on the rosy picture other people have painted.

Regardless of what they believe though, you need to check the reality of things here. How many of those who leave with ideas of a rosy life out there, actually come back? I mean check the numbers. Thousands leave each year. How many of those thousands actually come back after discovering it is not as rosy as they initially thought? Please provide proof, not more stories here and there.

Sisi Jinx:

How many people come back to Nigeria and tell others how they worked the grave night shift at the meat packing place or how they changed diapers for old people before getting where they are?
I worked grave night shift for some time, and I CHOOSE to DO SO, so I could go to school during the day time. There are definitely those who will complain but again, it is a CHOICE they made and not something forced on them by anyone else. I could have looked for a day job but I chose a night job so I could spend my days on other things. It is similar to working day shift, except most of the world is asleep when you are at work.
The Nursing field is huge here. There are those who are born with a desire to care for people and so changing diapers is not a bad thing for them as they went to school, earned their degree to become LPNS or RNS so they could care for people. Changing diapers is not beneath them because they have that passion to help people. There are people who need to have their diapers changed in Nigeria as well. Are we better off letting them rot with their waste? Are those few people who are caring enough to clean them up and make sure they are able to get a life as close to normal less in some way? Lol

Sisi Jinx:

How many talk about the issues they face with getting papers or how you need to have a credit to do anything from buying a car, getting a job to even renting an apartment and in order to get a credit, you need a social security number?
Well, when you are illegal, you definitely will face issues with getting papers, just as illegal immigrants in Nigeria would. About needing credit to buy a car, I don’t know how you got that but you don’t NEED credit to buy a car. I have never really bought a car on credit and I have had good cars too. You can save up to buy a car, just as you would have to do so if you were in Nigeria. So again, we need to visit the reality of these stories.

Sisi Jinx:

That even the cabs they think they think is easy to drive, isn’t just about getting a car and painting it yellow?
Do they talk about having to pay thousands for what they call a medallion to own a cab and if you don’t, you can get arrested? They don’t, instead they talk about making thousands in a month, they talk about getting 2009 Mazda and so on.

Well, driving a cab is not as easy as painting a car yellow in Nigeria either. It is a business and you ought to register to drive a cab like you would in Nigeria.  Here is a good link that tells you how to become a Cab driver http://www.ehow.com/how_2085423_.html .  Let us focus on the reality of things and not the excuses sold us often. I have a friend back in college who came in as an international student. Before we left college, he started his own cab company, even as an international student. Doing real good in Delaware still, now he is married and has his papers, along with a successful business. grin

Sisi Jinx:

Look I am not saying those things. . . Getting papers, getting social security number, working in the meat packing factory, changing diapers, are bad, I am saying talking about them, would surely not leave a life on easy street impression.

Look, there will always be people who will complain even when presented with various opportunities and all the necessary tools needed to excel. Focusing on what those have to say and using that as standard to judge all makes no sense at all. Washing plates while you are working on a college degree is actually considered a noble thing to do. You may not see that but over here, it is.

Sisi Jinx:

Call me naïve but I think if people knew the exact nature of how things worked, they would weigh their options more closely. I know a man who won the visa lotto or ticket to voluntary slavery as I like to call it but that’s another topic for another day. This man, unlike most people, went alone to test the waters before bringing his family, he spent about a year and half in the states before going back and thanking his heavenly father he didn’t bring his family all at once.

I am sorry, how do you teach people the value of hard work when you do not even have enough tools available to you to help do that? My point is, each person has to decide on what is best for his situation. The man in this video has been in the UK for two years and he certainly does not want to come back, does he? He is even willing to lie and deny Nigeria just so he could stay. What has that to do with the story of another who could not take the heat? It is apparent this particular man has his mind made up to take the heat and work as hard as he has to stay and make a life for himself there.

I know thousands of people who won the visa lottery, brought their families over and are living really good lives together in America. What is your point?

Sisi Jinx:

He made people laugh because he kept saying in Yoruba “Ah, things aren’t that easy ooh” , he went on and on about what he had to do, what he would have had to do if he had taken his family along, he told it as it is. I know at least two people who are more careful making the decision on whether or not to stay in Nigeria because of what they heard from him. Should they decide to go, at least they know what to expect and can mentally and emotionally prepare for it.

What makes you think this man and the many others who decide to risk life and limb to leave each year were not careful in making the decision on leaving Nigeria? Why do you have the notion that many of these choices were not careful made?
If your two friends know what to expect, then it is up to them to decide if it is worth it or not.

Sisi Jinx:

Most people aren’t inclined to work hard in Nigeria or look at available prospects because they believe “Oh London or US is the answer”. The shock of finding out things aren’t that rosy coupled with the realization that they can’t undo what they just did, is enough to destabilize a person for a long time.

Hard work is foreign to majority of Nigerians. We are not obviously a culture that believes much in hard work and that is made apparent by the fact that all around us; we see more decay than we do actual progress. So, do not be shocked when you see people who feel it is easier elsewhere. It is called “Survival of the fittest”.  I would rather more and more Nigerians learn what it means to work hard, as many do when they land here. You work hard and commit to succeeding with a plan; you have a better chance than if you do not here. Is Nigeria really better off with the many people with little work ethic down there? Is the country really better off if all these people continue as they are today?

Availability of opportunities is apparently not enough to help Nigeria, as we have millions more who are in poverty than we do those who are doing ok. Let’s stop stoning people for trying to find a better life for themselves. As a country, we have failed our own, and this has nothing to do with those who choose to leave. Until we decide to face the problem and solve it, we should stop expecting our people to be slaves to our ideas of the country, which they do not agree with.

I can tell you of a friend of mine who went to medical school and finished in Nigeria; graduated top of her class too. She came over here and found it hard to pass the medical exam. After a couple of tries, she decided to settle down as a house wife and spend more time studying for the exam. It has been over 6 years and she is back in school to work on a different career. She will tell you first hand that hard work is essential if one wants to succeed in life. She works an entry level job to make some money to help out with her bills these days. She is not running back to Nigeria and has no plans to. Should we say because of the one man who won the visa lottery but ran back to Nigeria after less than a year, she should consider running back too?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by dayokanu(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2008
@Doyin,

If you have gone for any aptitude test In Nigeria you would know what I am talking about. 10,000 applicants for 30 positions.

Do you know what it means to earn #30,000 in Lagos?
You have to wake up by 5am to make office by 8am You get stuck in Traffic for hours on your way back.
You get home sleep in darkness and the heat + Mosquito,
Your environment is so dirty that you cant swallow saliva,
The Police shoots and kill the conductor just because he did not give them #20,
You are forced to watch a lady stripped naked because she didnt give way to the Madmiral,
You cousin serving in Jos is caught in the cross fire,
Your nephew working in Port harcourt was kidnapped,
Your fiancee lost her pregnancy travelling on benin Ore road,
Armed robber flogged the hell out of you last week because they didnt get enough money in your house.

@Yemmy ask yourself How many of your classmates that stayed back in Nigeria can compare to you?

You are the only success story in a class of 80? Nice statistics you say? shocked shocked

@Shapey,
Security and Nigeria? Are you freaking kidding me? Would you mind spending a week in Jos, lagos or niger delta?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2008
doyin13:

I think what the likes of Sisi Jinx are arguing is,
they are some who travel abroad on assumptions
nurtured by returnees who paint a rosier picture than
obtains in the ''west''.

That argument is obsolete. . . .
In this internet age when an ordinary mechanic in Naija can use the net and dig out information, everyone knows what living abroad now entails.
Gone are the days when people wait for returnees to tell their rosy stories. . . . . .
If a man feels living abroad to do menial jobs would make him better, good luck to him.
Who are we to condemn him?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by DavidDylan(m): 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2008
see all these economic immigrants . . . grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Nov 29, 2008
During My NYSC I was earning #7,500 per month $60 per month an average of $2 a day!!!!

What is the minimum wage in Nigeria Just divide that by the number of days in a week and calculate the Money/day for the Nigerian worker who has a family
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by tpia: 8:03pm On Nov 29, 2008
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by tpia: 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2008
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2008
dayokanu:

During My NYSC I was earning #7,500 per month $60 per month an average of $2 a day!!!!

What is the minimum wage in Nigeria Just divide that by the number of days in a week and calculate the Money/day for the Nigerian worker who has a family

That NYSC scheme is a pot of gold for many Nigerians cos many apply for it TWICE OR THRICE so they have a sure banker of an income coming in.
Imagine 30 pounds per month. . . . . . It cannot even buy FIFA 09 game on PS3.
Something a UK cleaner gets to play every night after a hard day's work.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Bastage: 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2008
These peops pay taxes and they do the dirty work.
If UK deport all the illegal immigrants in their country, the economy would paralyse(thats OFFICIAL).
They shoulda let the Naija man go back to his job and continue paying his tax and NI contribution.

Illegal immigrants in the UK don't pay tax and they don't pay National Insurance so that rather screws your argument doesn't it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dialogue: MEND Gives FG Two Weeks ultimatum / Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West / Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.