Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

“I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration (15105 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Iran Vows To Avenge, Threatens Nigeria. Nigerian Military Prepares. / I’ll Rather Return To My Village Than Work With Buhari –kuku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2008
Bee-xtra:

lol @ e shi le kun o !

Slavery at its peak,In a world where working a menial job as since become a crime. I mean look at how the man was shaking and blabbing under severe mental torture,All in the name of this freaking '' maroon ''. Hope i will live to see that day when the table would turn - i mean imagine the so called ' miss know know blonde ' pleading for amnesty in Nigeria. Hmmmmnnn Yes,we can !

His own country treated him worse than a slave though. What do you mean 'pleading amnesty in Nigeria'? Do you realize that today, we happen to have one of the worst human rights records in the world today? Can we at least deal with one issue. You really think with the direction things have been going in the past 20 years, that dream of yours will ever be?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2008
It is very embarrassing. Why would a young man with a brilliant mind decide to become so lazy and subject himself to such humiliating treatment?

The cause of such things is laziness> Laziness of the mind.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by otokx(m): 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2008
That guy has no brilliant mind.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2008
Kobojunkie

Pls stop trying to find excuses for what is inexcusable. Are the rest of us in Nigeria dead? Aint we living and are we not happy. It is greed and lasviciousness that result in these acts.

Tears rolled out of my eyes when i heard the young man saying "Ejo esi lekun o". Shame on those who squander our resources, they are the ROOTCAUSE of these evil.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by SisiJinx: 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2008
savanaha:

Thank you. We pretend like the man was born yesterday. He must have given up on Nigeria for a reason. Nigeria men are so proud that for the man to result to that and make such a comment must mean something. . .

Or it could also mean he has boasted his head off to the people back home and he'll do anything to keep up appearances.

Many people leave Nigeria thinking the other place is paved with gold. So they sell all their things because they believe they'll make it back at the blink of an eye, after all it is Abroadoverseas until they get there and find out things aren't as rosy as they thought but it's too late. . . they are stuck. They can't go back home because 1) They have used up all their resources back home 2) They are ashamed to go back and tell people they made a terrible mistake. Having no other choice, they resort to that
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2008
Oh u think he's dim witted? hell no. It takes brains to come with those ridiculous lies. He brilliant just freaking lazy, mentally lazy at least cos i know cleaning job no easy.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by SisiJinx: 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2008
yemmyse:

Kobojunkie

please stop trying to find excuses for what is inexcusable. Are the rest of us in Nigeria dead? Aint we living and are we not happy. It is greed and lasviciousness that result in these acts.

Tears rolled out of my eyes when i heard the young man saying "Ejo esi lekun o". Shame on those who squander our resources, they are the ROOTCAUSE of these evil.

Couldn't agree more!!!!

For many, Abroad is a place for fast cash. . . until they get there.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by MrCrackles(m): 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Couldn't agree more!!!!

For many, Abroad is a place for fast cash. . . until they get there.
`

And realise the grass is not always greener on the other side grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2008
"There are lots of opportunities in Nigeria, but some people choose not to see them"

God bless u Seun.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2008
A few weeks ago I tried convincing a younger friend of my not to travel using falsified papers. He asked me for money to purchase tickets. He was abadoning his education for a trip to Syria. Now he's gone for 4 weeks and no one has heard a word from him. He was to travel from Syria to Spain and under the disguise of being a footballer. His family is worried sick at the moment. I really wish I had stood my grounds and insisted he continued with his studies, he had just 3 more months to graduate from school with second upper degree in Banking and Finance. It's pathetic and heartrendering.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by NegroNtns(m): 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2008
@Post

There'smore to a people than just academic credentials.  DeepZone asked a question few months back in cultural section, she asked "why don't the Northerners stay abroad after their sudies"?  The reason is because they have a support base in their culture that puts priority in the human soul above academic elitism.  Southerners finish college and believe they belong in a class above that uncle in their family that still eats with his fingers; Oh, Uncle you are supposed to eat with cutleries and not your fingers and I meantto remind you please stop speaking Yoruba to my children, they speak English only.  We treat Uncle Kola as a failure.

This guy is bearing his soul out in a plea not to be sent back home.  Why?  Because he will be ridiculed when he goes back home, he becomes a failure.  Contrarily in Hausaland, the professor is still sitting on a mat on his porch for evening meal with friends, some of whom didn't graduate high school and they all eat together with their hands.  When he is with family, he puts his academic hat aside and snap on the cultural hat and enjoy family.  Its true they are behind us academically but how far ahead has our academic achievements saved the South or our kinfolks like this gu in the video?  If our achievements is not resulting in pragmatic accomplishments for our people, then we have collectively become a failure - the high school graduate, the bachelor degree holder, the post graduate and the doctorate, all of us ae failures.  The prme vidence is what you see in this guy in the video., not to mention many more tha are unseen or unheard of but are nonetheless languishing in abject loss of their soul.  In the true word of success, the only Nigerians that have succeeded are the Northerners, so far as they return home and enrich their culture with what they have learnt abroad.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by otokx(m): 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2008
Some body is self deluded inside here - kumbaya, 

only nigerians who have,  northerners

spare me.

my sister a lecturer went to do her masters in manchester and is back to her lecturing so what crap is that chappy talking about? Probably the northerners who went abroad - learnt the act of looting, maiming and burning and came back home to practice it on their unsuspecting eastern brethren. Why can't they do the violence to their fellow northern brothers since they want to enrich their culture?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2008
yemmyse:

Kobojunkie

please stop trying to find excuses for what is inexcusable. Are the rest of us in Nigeria dead? Aint we living and are we not happy. It is greed and lasviciousness that result in these acts.

There is nothing to excuse. Each year, thousands try to escape life in Nigeria, because they find no way for them to excel or make a living and you think are you are sort of arguing reasonably by claiming this man is lazy? I guess you do not know what it takes to be a cleaner in he UK. A Lazy man could not do that job. Most jobs in the western world help instill in you the value of hardwork. So sorry, this is not about laziness but simply about a man wanting something better for his life and pursuing it.

THose who are able to remain in Nigeria do so cause they can. Must we then use them as excuse to deal with the facts here? Over 70 MILLION people in that country live on less than a dollar a day. Another equally huge number live on less than 2 dollars a day. Must we deny these problems exist because of the few who are able to live comfortably in that same country. Should we condemn the poor when they run out to find greener pastures for self because of those who stay behind ( many of whom may have given up on the chance of a better life)?

yemmyse:

So no blame falls on you as an individual for the deplorable state of things in that country? Well, sigh**

Our wise men say that a mad man will never be cured until the day he acknowledges he has a problem. We can continue to pull the curtains over our eyes, and pretend all is well, while we watch our own house fall apart right in front of our eyes ( while we blame everyone else) or we can start by accepting we have problems and start seeking solutions before the whole house crumbles.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by SisiJinx: 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2008
yemmyse:

A few weeks ago I tried convincing a younger friend of my not to travel using falsified papers. He asked me for money to purchase tickets. He was abadoning his education for a trip to Syria. Now he's gone for 4 weeks and no one has heard a word from him. He was to travel from Syria to Spain and under the disguise of being a footballer. His family is worried sick at the moment. I really wish I had stood my grounds and insisted he continued with his studies, he had just 3 more months to graduate from school with second upper degree in Banking and Finance. It's pathetic and heartrendering.

You tried convincing him not to go? You are a brave man oh! You're lucky he didn't call you enemy of progress or say you are trying to use his luck. In as much as it pains me, I think it's best if they experienced it themselves. Only God knows what the young man is going through now and it's not even a country he can speak the language.

I'm gonna catch flack for what I'm about to say but what the heck. . . In my opinion, the people abroad are largely to blame for the misconception that everything is just divinely heaven. They go back home, flashing their dollars and talking a big game. . . of course they don't talk about the part where they've been saving for almost 2yrs for that one trip or how when they get back, they are gonna drink the garri for it while working fourple midnight shift and triple day shift to make ends meet.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by SisiJinx: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

@Post

There'smore to a people than just academic credentials.  DeepZone asked a question few months back in cultural section, she asked "why don't the Northerners stay abroad after their sudies"?  The reason is because they have a support base in their culture that puts priority in the human soul above academic elitism.  Southerners finish college and believe they belong in a class above that uncle in their family that still eats with his fingers; Oh, Uncle you are supposed to eat with cutleries and not your fingers and I meantto remind you please stop speaking Yoruba to my children, they speak English only.  We treat Uncle Kola as a failure.

This guy is bearing his soul out in a plea not to be sent back home.  Why?  Because he will be ridiculed when he goes back home, he becomes a failure.  Contrarily in Hausaland, the professor is still sitting on a mat on his porch for evening meal with friends, some of whom didn't graduate high school and they all eat together with their hands.  When he is with family, he puts his academic hat aside and snap on the cultural hat and enjoy family.  Its true they are behind us academically but how far ahead has our academic achievements saved the South or our kinfolks like this gu in the video?  If our achievements is not resulting in pragmatic accomplishments for our people, then we have collectively become a failure - the high school graduate, the bachelor degree holder, the post graduate and the doctorate, all of us ae failures.  The prme vidence is what you see in this guy in the video., not to mention many more tha are unseen or unheard of but are nonetheless languishing in abject loss of their soul.  In the true word of success, the only Nigerians that have succeeded are the Northerners, so far as they return home and enrich their culture with what they have learnt abroad.  

BRILLIANTLY STATED!!!!

It's the Kaa ri mi factor and the keeping up with and then overtaking the Joneses mentality that is killing us today!!!
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by SisiJinx: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2008
otokx:

only nigerians who have,  northerners

spare me.

my sister a lecturer went to do her masters in manchester and is back to her lecturing so what crap is that chappy talking about? Probably the northerners who went abroad - learnt the act of looting, maiming and burning and came back home to practice it on their unsuspecting eastern brethren. Why can't they do the violence to their fellow northern brothers since they want to enrich their culture?

I'm gonna take a wild guess here. . . You are angry.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by KarmaMod(f): 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2008
while I might agree with everything else, they certainly havent enriched the Nigerian govt
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

You tried convincing him not to go? You are a brave man oh! You're lucky he didn't call you enemy of progress or say you are trying to use his luck. In as much as it pains me, I think it's best if they experienced it themselves. Only God knows what the young man is going through now and it's not even a country he can speak the language.
Well, just cause the young man has not called in 4 weeks does not mean he is in hell or something. Why make it seem as if that is the case? I didn’t contact anyone of my friends for the first 6 months I was here cause I was too busy with school and job. Was I in hell too?? grin

Sisi Jinx:

I'm going to catch flack for what I'm about to say but what the heck. . . In my opinion, the people abroad are largely to blame for the misconception that everything is just divinely heaven. They go back home, flashing their dollars and talking a big game. . . of course they don't talk about the part where they've been saving for almost 2yrs for that one trip or how when they get back, they are going to drink the garri for it while working fourple midnight shift and triple day shift to make ends meet.

Well, I will say again, there is a misconception here of what life in the west is about. Unlike the ‘life easy’ approach I was used to in Nigeria, over here, you have most everything in place to fully equip you with all you need to build the LIFE YOU WANT. If you want to work hard, and live a successful life, you can attain that. If you choose to have everything come to you, you will have a problem but that life is possible as well. If you want to choose crime, there are tons of prisons and the justice system is there to give you justice. So there is really no way you can blame the WEST when you fail in the WEST. Definitely, the life is not for all but for those who believe and dream big, out here all the tools have been provided to achieve those dreams.

It is possible to come over here, get a degree, a good job and great income. Many internationals here have that. Many do not have to save for 2 years cause what they make in one week pays for a round trip to Nigeria and enough money to throw around too. You get to choose what life you want. It is not dependent on how much money your family has or how many connections you have. This is all up to you and the choices you make. So your misconception of what life is out here in the west needs to be cleared, first, don’t you think?

Now speaking of Hausas choosing to sit back and enjoy family, we all know that that part of the country is also the least educated and least developed in the country. Putting aside the professor hat with family apparently does not mean much in development.  Are we suggesting that other tribes sit back and copy the model out there? What good has this culture done for the northerners and why should the rest of Nigeria copy that? Can we please not turn this into another debate on tribalism?

The video here only shows a man who sold all to escape Nigeria. Does not show us that this man has no plan to get a college education in the next 4 years and neither are we told of his educational background. For all we know, he could be a graduate from one of Nigeria’s best university. For all we know this man may have kids back in Nigeria who he is taking care of.  WHy is he wrong in deciding to make this decision for his own life and situation?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Tonim(f): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2008
It is very unfortunate for people to condemn this man without knowing much about his situation. Please don't judge
him solely based on what you have seen in that video.

It is not everyone that is well off or has a family/loved ones that can support them.

I pray that God will intervene in the gentleman's situation.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by NegroNtns(m): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2008

only nigerians who have, northerners

spare me.

What are you going to do to change that?

Moremi, exactly! In the 70s when our parents went abroad to school, their parents were the ones wiring money abroad to them and shipping dried food to them. Back then and upto the 80s, it was Indians and Pakistanis that drive taxi cabs on the streets of Europe and America. How does that compare to today? Where did we go wrong? We were oversold into the idea that a degree confers a crown on your head that gives you access to everything in the world and we bought it. Even after the veil came off our eyes and we knew better that this was a lie, we continue to sell our children and brothers and sisters into the same line of deceit that became our demise.

Karma, they don't need to. The same view we have of them lagging behind academically, they have of us lagging behind culturally and they view us as a cultural liability just as we view them as academic liability. The point I am making is, beteen academic excellence and cultural excellence which should we promote for ethnic progress? We have seen what academic excellence has done to us and isn't it time we balance the two?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Ilelobola: 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2008
Tonim:

It is very unfortunate for people to condemn this man without knowing much about his situation. Please don't judge
him solely based on what you have seen in that video.

It is not everyone that is well off or has a family/loved ones that can support them.

I pray that God will intervene in the gentleman's situation.

I agree with you. I wonder when people say being in Nigeria is better than being a cleaner in London. Each to his own. My aunt's former help in Nigeria managed to get to Ireland when a lot of Nigerians were going there to have children and settle there. She has vowed never to go back to Nigeria because on her cleaning job there, she can actually afford to feed herself and her children without looking to anyone for support, pay her rent and support her parents and extended family back in Nigeria. For someone like that and loads more like her and possibly this guy, being in a decent country like the UK beats being in Nigeria.

My dad's friend is almost 75 and is living in the UK illegally. I do not condone his actions but he has to feed his family back in Nigeria and keep a roof over his head. He used to be comfortable but with different economic policies with every government and our economic woes, he had to overstay his visit visa to work as a security officer in 2 jobs almost everyday.

Until our government addresses poverty in our country and provide an environment for people to actually make something of themselves, the west including the UK truly tackle poverty in Africa and the rest of the developing world instead of paying lip service to these issues or hailing leaders who are embezzling public funds as their partners; they will have to continue dealing with these issues.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by adconline(m): 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2008
Seun you are living in a delusional fantasy land.  Opportunity  in this context is that  an illegal allien can get a job in a foreign land while the same thing cannot be of Nigerians living in  Nigeria. Your benchmark on comparison of opportunities should be referenced with a non Nigerian landing a cleaning job in Lagos to make him live decently.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 7:05pm On Nov 29, 2008
AngieFan:

If he is illegal, then he is not paying taxes!! If anything he is probably using a fake ID to get benefits and live off the state. He also wasn't detained because they couldn't find his passport. Now he is classified as an absconder and on the police computer so when he is found again he will be detained and I hope deported.

Don't be naive. . . . . . .For him to be a cleaner, he is using someone's name/NI to work.
From his wages, the govt deducts NI contributions and tax.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by SisiJinx: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Well, just cause the young man has not called in 4 weeks does not mean he is in hell or something. Why make it seem as if that is the case? I didn’t contact anyone of my friends for the first 6 months I was here cause I was too busy with school and job. Was I in hell too?? grin

Well, I will say again, there is a misconception here of what life in the west is about. Unlike the ‘life easy’ approach I was used to in Nigeria, over here, you have most everything in place to fully equip you with all you need to build the LIFE YOU WANT. If you want to work hard, and live a successful life, you can attain that. If you choose to have everything come to you, you will have a problem but that life is possible as well. If you want to choose crime, there are tons of prisons and the justice system is there to give you justice. So there is really no way you can blame the WEST when you fail in the WEST. Definitely, the life is not for all but for those who believe and dream big, out here all the tools have been provided to achieve those dreams.

It is possible to come over here, get a degree, a good job and great income. Many internationals here have that. Many do not have to save for 2 years cause what they make in one week pays for a round trip to Nigeria and enough money to throw around too. You get to choose what life you want. It is not dependent on how much money your family has or how many connections you have. This is all up to you and the choices you make. So your misconception of what life is out here in the west needs to be cleared, first, don’t you think?

Now speaking of Hausas choosing to sit back and enjoy family, we all know that that part of the country is also the least educated and least developed in the country. Putting aside the professor hat with family apparently does not mean much in development.  Are we suggesting that other tribes sit back and copy the model out there? What good has this culture done for the northerners and why should the rest of Nigeria copy that? Can we please not turn this into another debate on tribalism?

The video here only shows a man who sold all to escape Nigeria. Does not show us that this man has no plan to get a college education in the next 4 years and neither are we told of his educational background. For all we know, he could be a graduate from one of Nigeria’s best university. For all we know this man may have kids back in Nigeria who he is taking care of.  WHy is he wrong in deciding to make this decision for his own life and situation?

I think if you see that this isn’t about US bashing you’ll see that we are saying the same thing here. No doubt people make it abroad, the same way people make it in Nigeria. The issue here. . . At least for me is those who leave certainty for uncertainty because they believe it is certainty and they do this based on the rosy picture other people have painted.

How many people come back to Nigeria and tell others how they worked the grave night shift at the meat packing place or how they changed diapers for old people before getting where they are? How many talk about the issues they face with getting papers or how you need to have a credit to do anything from buying a car, getting a job to even renting an apartment and in order to get a credit, you need a social security number? That even the cabs they think they think is easy to drive, isn’t just about getting a car and painting it yellow? Do they talk about having to pay thousands for what they call a medallion to own a cab and if you don’t, you can get arrested? They don’t, instead they talk about making thousands in a month, they talk about getting 2009 Mazda and so on.

Look I am not saying those things. . . Getting papers, getting social security number, working in the meat packing factory, changing diapers, are bad, I am saying talking about them, would surely not leave a life on easy street impression.

Call me naïve but I think if people knew the exact nature of how things worked, they would weigh their options more closely. I know a man who won the visa lotto or ticket to voluntary slavery as I like to call it but that’s another topic for another day. This man, unlike most people, went alone to test the waters before bringing his family, he spent about a year and half in the states before going back and thanking his heavenly father he didn’t bring his family all at once.  He made people laugh because he kept saying in Yoruba “Ah, things aren’t that easy ooh” , he went on and on about what he had to do, what he would have had to do if he had taken his family along, he told it as it is. I know at least two people who are more careful making the decision on whether or not to stay in Nigeria because of what they heard from him. Should they decide to go, at least they know what to expect and can mentally and emotionally prepare for it.

Most people aren’t inclined to work hard in Nigeria or look at available prospects because they believe “Oh London or US is the answer”. The shock of finding out things aren’t that rosy coupled with the realization that they can’t undo what they just did, is enough to destabilize a person for a long time.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Nigeria4: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2008
Let me see if I get you right

You excuse Obasanjo for what happened under his regime saying he was trying to avoid war but turn around and blame Yar’dua for the same thing, knowing full well he was not in office when it happened?

Really? I mean. . . Seriously?

Oh  okay then, how about this. . . let’s also assume it is “because not to create war Yar’dua is pretending like he does not to know.” Yeah, let’s have us a pretend party!

Besides, what has Obansanjo’s Diary of a scorned wife got to do with any . . You know what, scratch that. . . What has any of these got to do with the topic??!!!!!

Now from down to up.  The diary of former obasanjo wife tell you more about the man, You can ask the children too.
In yar adua cases Yar adua is well educated, he even has a master degree in science. So Yar adua can not tell the world he as never read about NASA, the man use to teach as ABU. university please??  

he understand the science principle behind this things. you would expect him to uphold the principle he use to teach.   Yar adua is a northerner. what war would happen if a northerner declear the true census of nigeria to other northerners, what war, NO, if a southern do it then they may be problem.

But northerner to northerner, even  his wife. she is northerner.   You see in life there is a time to lie but there is a time to tell the truth. IF you do not now. I tell you, I would be back on the internet the day they kill Yar adua, You have to understand. it was the same lie that balewa told about the census that they lead to them killed him,

In life you have to get to a point when you tell the truth. You cant hide the truth forever. I believe the whole world would see yar adua more as a hero, if he comes out and tell the truth about the census, You know what makama can lie, we all know that but pictures cant lies,  

Look like i said before, we would pay for makama travel ticket to come and do a lie detector test on live television,  makama falsfied the result,  We would give makama N1 million naira for his trip.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by H2O2: 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2008
The grass is not always greener on the other side but the probability increases ten-fold. cheesy
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Nigeria4: 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2008
Many people leave Nigeria thinking the other place is paved with gold.

yes i agree, there is no money abroad,  but the security we have is priceless more than gold. our lifes is safe.   mrs sisy in nigeria do you know if tonight, arm robbers would shoot you tonight,   

i prefer the gold value of security of my life,  to the oil billion we have,    yes no money abroad,  but my life is priceless,
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2008
"Ejo esi lekun awon eyingbo lo wa mo wa ni bise" - Please open up it's the white folks, they came to pick us up at work.

That's the height of humiliation. That guy cant be less than 28, he lost his Dad and so what, lost mine at age 10.

Problem is he didnt bother to improve himself, no education and he wants to live big.

Now he's a shame to his family, his tribe, his nation. My advice to the young man, pls come back home and start something, even if it's a cleaning outfit.

I have got this friend. He spent 10 years in Ukraine, was studying medicines. Unfortunately, the dad stopped financing his education. He had the option of either staying back and humiliating himself or coming back and doing something with his life. He opted for the latter, he 's in the country, a chartered accountant, runs his owning executive cleaning outfit. Belive him he feeds his family, fuels his car, clothes himself and has dignity.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2008
Nigeria1

Safe overseas, who do u think u re deceiving?

Tell it to Damilola Taylor, or Justin Fashanu or the Igbo business man killed in China. Better still, tell it to the numerous Nigerians killed in the September 11 attack. My friend wake up.

No one is saying dont travel overseas, am just saying at least get the right skills and qualifications, go in as a professional. See the Indians, the Lebanense, they are respected every well they go to.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2008
Come on yemmy dont give us that clap trap.

Have you ever imagined living where lights dont blink?

You think a PhD holder who leaves nigeria to do menial jobs abroad is crazy?

If you were a part of that crowd You would not think twice before getting on the bus to Azerbaijan
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Nigeria4: 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2008
first of all china no ba abroad,     china na suffering,  do not go to china my brother.

you name 2 of over 10 million of us,   do the percentage,  2/10,000,000

your president mama , them rob the old lady. which one be my own,
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by dayokanu(m): 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2008
This crowd I mean

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari Will Not Reinstate The 13 Sacked VCs – FG / Yakubu Dogara's 50th Birthday Thanksgiving Service In Pictures / Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.