Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Adjusting To Life As A Widower - Family (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (122774 Views)

Poll: How has this thread helped you to appreciate your spouse better and positively affect your relationship?

Very Positive: 90% (9 votes)
Good: 0% (0 votes)
Fair: 10% (1 vote)
Not Really: 0% (0 votes)
Not At All: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Parenthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
Errrmmm tgirl ba wo ni? embarassed
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:10am On Nov 03, 2012
edakedkay: Belated birthday wishes Serubawon. May heaven always be available to hear you at all times. Thanks everyone for dropping your very valuable inputs. Been off here cos i was taken in yesterday evening. Bp had reached roof top, 210/160.was knocked off with some meds &IVs.got one on my foot now. After oga had settled in y'day, we were just having our usual debate of our preferred sex of the baby. I want a boy abeg. He's been so excited,picked the name Leona already. He's so expectant. I thought about all the what ifs. I went & brought all my hidden stuff and showed them to him. Mr: why are you showing them to me? Me: i havent taken them. Mr: then take them nao. Me: as in havent been taking them. Never taken them. he stared at me without a saying a word, then i heard "you're wicked,very wicked". He grabbed his and rang the doc & told her.On our way i tried to make explanations but he didnt say a thing. He was sweating in his eyes (you know guys dont cry) all through. Forunately, dr's house is within the hospital's premises.I was immediately given injections and then the drips.Woke up 3ish this afternoon. My sister is here to relieve him. He's gone home now. He still hasn't said a word to me. I over heard him tell my sister he'll be back. You see, i've taken so much drugs & i've lost count of the number of times i've been in & out of the hospital in the last 2 yrs +. There are times that i'll go for a routine check up and then i'll end up being admitted. Even without being pregnant my life has more or less been drugs dependent since i first became pregnant(crying). I wont even mention how many needles have probed me in search of veins. So when i say "i'm tired of drugs &hospitals",i mean every single word of it. For God sakes, I'm only 29. Why should i be having issues with blood pressure? My mom never had any issues with pregnancies,my sisters as well. Dunno why mine is different. There are loads of my mates out there having the time of their life,so why is mine different? Dr says it'll only be for a while as it was triggered by the first pregnancy. I want to stay positive bcz I know I'm still in God's plan.

Hmmmm.... A lot of times, bad things happen to good people and you try to figure out why?? Here's the deal. God will use those horrible situations to glorify Himself....to show that no man can compare to Him. When you find yourself in those situations, It's like the whole world turns against you and there's no way out. However, look at it this way: Every time things like this happen, sit down and thank God (even for that horrible situation that you are in and then ask him to glorify Himself in that situation). The thing is that God's timing is usually to slow for us and it's like He isn't there. But He is. A nice tasting meal takes time to prepare, cook and then finally dish. The longer it takes, the nicer the taste of the meal. edakedkay, the meal that God is cooking in your life will be so well done that the whole world will hear of it and wonder and ultimately, give God the glory. It is well with you and your household. Stand fast and strong in the name of the Lord. Your testimony shall cause even your enemies to glorify God. I sincerely wish you the very best and I pray that you will return to give your testimony on this thread. With all the prayers you have received here, the devil will be put to shame. Oh, thanks for the birthday wish. grin

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:16am On Nov 03, 2012
jennykadry: Serubobo, happy belated. I am hoping Olori did you well ehn? wink

@jenny. Of course (what did you expect). She gave me a surprise that was really worth it. You think say I dey call am 'Olori' for nothing? She came through with flying colors. cool
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 03, 2012
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Tgirl4real(f): 10:25am On Nov 03, 2012
jennykadry: Errrmmm tgirl ba wo ni? embarassed

why that face ehn Jenny? Se u will not grant my interview ni. smiley
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by EfemenaXY: 11:27am On Nov 03, 2012
CC, your post (pre-modification) was very insightful.

My heart goes out to you my sister.

It is well.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Tgirl4real(f): 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
Finally I finished the never ending romance/thiller/action novel. What a read! cheesy

My question:

Why haven't we gotten an invite yet?
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2012
Tgirl4real: Finally I finished the never ending romance/thiller/action novel. What a read! cheesy

My question:

Why haven't we gotten an invite yet?

@tgirl4real. In good time people, in good time. Remember, Olori reads this thread too and she's already asked me about all the 'women' on this thread. I guess she's getting jealous. grin wink

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Tgirl4real(f): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2012
Really? Interesting! Lol

Hi olori, nice to meet ya. cheesy
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by spoilt(f): 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
@edakedkay
what do you mean derail the thread? This thread has been derailed to jericho and back. Adult people thread. We always tie it in nicely and get back to the matters at hand.lol.
okay true talk now.you need to take your meds. dont be a bad girl. Look at hubbys efforts. I too had difficult pregnancies. something about being pregnant just makes my body protest and go crazy. My kids are precious.God will see you through to the end in Jesus name.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by spoilt(f): 11:30pm On Nov 04, 2012
@serubawon
Happy birthday. Many happy years ahead.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:04am On Nov 05, 2012
spoilt: @serubawon
Happy birthday. Many happy years ahead.

@spoilt. Thank you very much. Old age is approaching faster and faster.

@edakedkay. As you can see, you have a family that is growing by the minute. It's the same family that kept me company since 2006. It would be nice if you could keep us informed on how you're doing till and after you deliver. I'm sure everyone here is concerned and would want to be sure of your good health (and that you're taking your meds). Stay safe.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 06, 2012
edakedkey,

How are you doing now?I am sorry that the bp shot up but please keep us updated..My dear,no need asking why me?We all go through a lot in life.I am grateful to God for you that you have a very supportive husband.Many are with men who don't care.I understand why he's very upset with you but no need to go back into the past.What matters now is that God will see you through this pregnancy and that all is well.
Do take care dear and let us know what is going on,
Cheers.

Mrserubobo,
your baiday has passed but here's one more happy birthday.Wishing you God's blessings..
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by oluite(f): 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
Happy Belated Birthday Uncle Seru,Wishing a very happy and fulfilling year ahead.

@Edakedkey
It is well with you.We all irrespective of our age,tribe or what have you go through one thing or the other in Life.Its what i refer to as the mystery of life.Everybody goes through these things.This thread is all about that.God will continually watch over you and your family.You will share your beautiful future here so please look forward to that.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 11:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
@Oluite, SeanBell. Thank you guys. I appreciate it. Oluite, you and this "Uncle Seru" again.....
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by dirahm: 1:05am On Nov 07, 2012
Its amazing hw God definately wrks in mysterious ways. I stumbled on this thread @ a point when l was feeling quite low having lost my dear mother not too long ago. The pain of watching her die before my eyes almost tipped me off and adjusting's being a tedious journey. I read thru Seru's first post & felt a kindred spirit to read on. And comment by comment, as the years wore on, l definately saw that indeed God holds d big picture & regardless of whats happening @ present, for his children it always turns out great. He gives beauty for ashes.
Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the thread & are still keeping it alive esp Serubobo himself. and l join d rest in waiting 4 dat vry imp invite oh!

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Ruedan(f): 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
Hi all, 4 some reasons, I've not been on d thread. I jst came back dis afternoon n even read sme of d posts 2 my mum n sister n suddenly dat indescribable feeling I had d first time I stumbled accross d thread came on me again. @ SERUBAWON, I was jst lookn out 2 c if u've finally hookd up, buh since u haven't, guess I came back right in time,"winks" I will also b expectn my IV o. Though its come n gone, I've jst got 2 tell u dat "u will continue 2 shine like d stars in d sky, u will remain as fresh as d cedar of lebanon, ur life will continually b a source of inspiration 2 all ard u, Happy 4? Birthday" kisses 2 ur kids, luv u all
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Ruedan(f): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2012
@edakedkey,u musta been thru a lot. jst 1 line - I urge u 2 do wateva is in d best interest of u, urs n smally. Love u
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
@dirahm. Losing a loved one is painful and I can understand your feelings. Also, learning to let go enables you to continue with your life. It's better not to reflect on the pain of missing that person, but on the beautiful memories of a fulfilled life. Also, they have gone to a better place and we pray to join them (in our old age) when God's time comes. Stay strong and it is well with you.

@Ruedan. Thank you for the prayers. They mean a lot. By the special grace of God, the Lord will continue to prosper my relationship with my 'oga' and His name will be glorified when we 'get hooked'. I'm looking forward to it immensely. Oh, in answering your unasked question, I'm 44 (very old) grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by edakedkay: 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
Had her on Sunday @ approx 6 months & 2 weeks. Yet to she her though. Hope she lives to be called Leona as daddy wants. My dears, sorry for keeping you all waiting. Well,the waiting continues for us. Thanks to everyone of you for your prayers and good wishes. God bless you all. Be back later

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2012
edakedkay: Had her on Sunday @ approx 6 months & 2 weeks. Yet to she her though. Hope she lives to be called Leona as daddy wants. My dears, sorry for keeping you all waiting. Well,the waiting continues for us. Thanks to everyone of you for your prayers and good wishes. God bless you all. Be back later

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!!!! I'm extremely happy you had a safe delivery. She will live and declare the works of the Lord in the land of the living. The Lord that started this wonderful thing in your family will complete and perfect it till the day of Christ, Amen. Please keep us posted on EVERYTHING. Make sure you get some rest. I love good news!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Analytical(m): 7:44am On Nov 14, 2012
@edakedkay, congratulations! She will live to become all she is meant to be IJN. Have plenty of rest and do not give room to worry. You deserve all the rest you can get. Love to hubby.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2012
edakedkay: Had her on Sunday @ approx 6 months & 2 weeks. Yet to she her though. Hope she lives to be called Leona as daddy wants. My dears, sorry for keeping you all waiting. Well,the waiting continues for us. Thanks to everyone of you for your prayers and good wishes. God bless you all. Be back later

She WILL live I promise you . . .

My elder sistrer had similar issues and had her daughter at 6months. Belive me, in Nigeria that's like a death sentence. But today, that baby (at 1 year and 2 months) is the strongest child I know. She made it and so will yours.

CONGRATULATIONS my dear . . . God is faithful.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by greatgod2012(f): 10:59am On Nov 14, 2012

it is well! yes, she will live, God who started d good work in ur life will surely perfect it, in Jesus name.

Congratulations!!!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Ruedan(f): 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2012
@edakedkay, He who has startd it will surely perfect it. Congrats on her arrival, urs shall b a story 2 tell, a testimony n a source of inspiration 2 many. Enjoy d joy of motherhood. My love 2 Mr. Edakedkay
@ Serubawon, ohhh 44, still strong n moving
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by SisiKill1: 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2012
CONGRATULATIONS!!

She will live in Jesus name. I wish I had the pix of my niece when she was born at 6months. . .she was the size of a coke bottle with all sorts of wires coming in and out of her. Some of the wires were kinda bigger than her sef. She barely weighed 2lbs...that was 6yrs ago. Today she is jumping all over the place on her scooter, beating her older brother up etc. All the issues they said to watch out for....Lungs problems, hernia, issues with food etc have not manifested yet and by the grace of God they won't.

So I am confident that years from now, you will find it really hard to reconcile the healthy happy child you have to the baby she is today.

Remain strong!!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by spoilt(f): 5:27am On Nov 15, 2012
Congrats on your daughter's birth!!
it is WELL!
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 15, 2012
Congrats edekad

He is not called God for nothing.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2012
Who would have thot this thread would have a newborn!

Haleluia!
Edekad - this is your testimony - you beat the odds with high BP like that. Some mums didn't make it.
That same faith apply to ur child.

So we have namingceremony and wedding to look forward to.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2012
salsera: Who would have thot this thread would have a newborn.

So we have namingceremony and wedding to look forward to.

@Salsera. Why am I not surprised you said that? wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (44) (Reply)

Man Shares Picture After First Sex With His Virgin Wife (Viewers Discretion) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.