Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Great Bible Contradictions - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Bible Contradictions (18621 Views)

Another Question For Great Bible Teachers. Daniel 7 Vs 8. What Are The 3 Horns / Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses / Bible Contradictions: Should Christians Judge Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Weah96: 9:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Then believe me.

On what grounds should I believe your ridiculous claim?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Hiswordxray(m): 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
Weah96:

On what grounds should I believe your ridiculous claim?
On the ground of the truth.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Weah96: 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hiswordxray:

On the ground of the truth.

Would you believe me if I told you that my cow jumped over the moon?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by johnydon22(m): 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hiswordxray:

It seems you do a lot of laughing and less learning.
not my fault oo seriously guy u funny die !!! cheesy
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 6:23am On Dec 25, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Are you now blind that you didn't see my last question ? or You have finally realised How you have been exposing Your myopic nature in public?
Foolish boy!"
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 25, 2014
ROSSIKE:

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham." (Genesis 22:1)

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (James 1:13)

Care to explain this?

god tested Abraham but the devil tempts

In Hebrew, to tempt, and to try, or to prove, are expressed by the same word... Dz o some early versions interpreted as tempt....
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Hiswordxray(m): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2014
philfearon:

Are you now blind that you didn't see my last question ? or You have finally realised How you have been exposing Your myopic nature in public?
Foolish boy!"
Merry Christmas dear.
God loves you.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 7:14pm On Dec 25, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Merry Christmas dear.
God loves you.
The last time I checked, Christmas was a Catholic creation;
For a person who claims Jesus visited him and don't belong to a church,Why are you celebrating Christmas with them?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by rabzy: 10:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
ROSSIKE:

How can ''both'' be correct? Daughter means grand-daughter in your bible?

If you can't read thru the explanation then no need to bother discussing any of the other contradictions. Do you know if there is a hebrew word for grand daughter. Jesus was called son of David and also d son of Joseph, moses was called d son of d daughter of pharoah, but was also called d son of amram, are these contradictions. the jews say they are sons of Abraham. Daughter has been used to denote different filial relationships other the parent child in d bible
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Hiswordxray(m): 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
philfearon:

The last time I checked, Christmas was a Catholic creation;
For a person who claims Jesus visited him and don't belong to a church,Why are you celebrating Christmas with them?
Because I choose to. Remember Christ gave me freedom.
I can do whatever I like.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Hiswordxray(m): 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
philfearon you have the wrong concept of Christianity and it's not your fault. People had turn Christianity upside-down.
Christianity is about freedom because Christ is the spirit of freedom. God is a loving Father who enjoys giving without asking anything in return.

God loves you and he will always love you. All he ask is that you allow him express his love for you. Just allow him unlease is untame love for you and I tell you his love will intoxicate you. You would suddenly realize that all this while you had no idea what love is for God is love himself and He is THE TRUTH.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by misreal(m): 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
ROSSIKE:
[size=15pt]Selected Bible Contradictions[/size]

(1)
2 Kings 2:11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
John 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

(2)
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Exodus 32:14 Then the Lord relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.

(3)
Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith . . . not by works.
James 2:14-17 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? . . . Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
Revelation 22:12 Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.

(4) (Jesus speaking)
Matthew 5:16 Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven.
Matthew 6:1 Be careful not to do your ‘acts of righteousness’ before men, to be seen by them.

(5) (Jesus speaking)
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

(6)
Genesis 32:30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and my life was preserved.”
Exodus 33:11 The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend.
John 1:18 No one has ever seen God.

(7) (Jesus speaking)
John 5:31 If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid.
John 8:14 Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid.

1KI 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

2CH 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

(9)
PRO 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

ECC 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

1CO 1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

(10)
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

(11)
NUM 12:3: "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth."

NUM 31:14, 17, 18: "And Moses was wroth...And Moses said unto them, "Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman, ... But all the women children ... keep alive for yourselves."

(12)
II SAMUEL 24:13: So God came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall SEVEN YEARS OF FAMINE come unto thee in thy land? or will thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue. thee?

I CHRONICLES 21:11: SO God came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee. Either THREE YEARS OF FAMINE or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee;.

(13)
"I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy." (JER 13:14) "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling."

"The Lord is very pitiful and of tender mercy." (JAS 5:11)
"For his mercy endureth forever." (1CH 16:34)
"The Lord is good to all, and his tender mercies are over all his works." (PSA 145:9)
"God is love." (1JO 4:16)

(14)
PRO 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

PRO 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

(15)
"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham." (GEN 22:1)

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (JAS 1:13)

(16)
2KI 24:8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

2CH 36:9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.

(17)
When did Baasha die?

1KI 16:6-8 26th year of the reign of Asa

2CH 16:1 36th year of the reign of Asa

(18)

Who was the mother of Abijah?

2CH 11:20 Maachah the daughter of Absalom

2CH 13:2 Michaiah the daughter of Uriel
sorry sir,you can never understand the bible with just your mind.you need the help of the holy ghost..be humble enough to ask him for help.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by misreal(m): 4:51pm On Dec 27, 2014
Weah96:

I've seen microorganisms, like times without number. I've grown cultures that I monitored for months. Anything else you would like to add? I suggest you try your old tactics of accusing me of denial.
just like your needed pour and streak plating to culture microorganisms,so you need the holy spirit to understand the bible.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by misreal(m): 4:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
Weah96:
Five people filled with the same holy spirit will interpret the same bible verse in five different ways. Clearly, someone is lying.
that's why I love the scriptures.it confuses those without the spirit of God.but very exciting to those with the indwelling presence.

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
Hiswordxray:
philfearon you have the wrong concept of Christianity and it's not your fault. People had turn Christianity upside-down.
Christianity is about freedom because Christ is the spirit of freedom. God is a loving Father who enjoys giving without asking anything in return.

God loves you and he will always love you. All he ask is that you allow him express his love for you. Just allow him unlease is untame love for you and I tell you his love will intoxicate you. You would suddenly realize that all this while you had no idea what love is for God is love himself and He is THE TRUTH.
When I talk to you,I only appeal to your subconscious....Rebooting of the brain to its default State is a thing that just happens;Nobody talks any body into it....
It may not happen to you,cuz the message is somewhat not really for you!!
Hear this though,Your God is a malignant hatred filled bloodthirsty energy-sapping group of Beings collectively called "Greys",whose only objective is to suck you dry of your Energy via psychic vampirism through your unintentional but voluntary admittance of them into your life through indoctrination!!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
misreal:
just like your needed pour and streak plating to culture microorganisms,so you need the holy spirit to understand the bible.
You don't need any stupid spirit to understand the book called "bible",which is just a collection of doctored books claiming to cling to the only humanity's Supreme being..You only need your brain to read it,and clearly,its obvious that your village people have removed yours and given it to dogs to feast on!!

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Contradictions by misreal(m): 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
philfearon:

You don't need any stupid spirit to understand the book called "bible",which is just a collection of doctored books claiming to cling to the only humanity's Supreme being..You only need your brain to read it,and clearly,its obvious that your village people have removed yours and given it to dogs to feast on!!
silly spirit??..lol..that is why you keep trying to understand God with just your head..u want to know God but you are doing it the wrong way..
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
misreal:
sorry sir,you can never understand the bible with just your mind.you need the help of the holy ghost..be humble enough to ask him for help.

So, have you asked your holy ghost for help to explain all these contradictions? What was your ghost's explanation? Care to list them for EACH and EVERY contradiction, (not picking one or two out of 200 like some others here). Start by asking your holy ghost this one:

When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?

One thousand, seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4)

Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)

Tell us what the holy ghost said is the real answer.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by misreal(m): 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
ROSSIKE:

So, have you asked your holy ghost for help to explain all these contradictions? What was your ghost's explanation? Care to list them for EACH and EVERY contradiction, (not picking one or two out of 200 like some others here). Start by asking your holy ghost this one:

When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?

One thousand, seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4)

Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)
hahahahahah...even if I explain it to you.how will you understand without the help of the holy ghost .the things of the spirit are not given to self sufficient individuals,but those that rely on the holy ghost.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2014
misreal:
hahahahahah...even if I explain it to you.how will you understand without the help of the holy ghost .the things of the spirit are not given to self sufficient individuals,but those that rely on the holy ghost.

In other words ''I haven't a clue why this contradiction exists in my bible, so I'll just tell him he lacks the 'holy ghost' needed to understand, and hope he goes away''.

You're actually a dishonest person. Why don't you just say ''sorry, I've no clue'' instead of this nonsense? Was it your father that wrote the bible? Why act so dishonest, stupi.d and dumb? If you see a contradiction, own up to it like a man.

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Contradictions by misreal(m): 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
ROSSIKE:

In other words ''I haven't a clue why this contradiction exists in my bible, so I'll just tell him he lacks the 'holy ghost' needed to understand, and hope he goes away''.

You're actually a dishonest person. Why don't you just say ''sorry, I've no clue'' instead of this nonsense? Was it your father that wrote the bible? Why act so dishonest, stupi.d and dumb? If you see a contradiction, own up to it like a man.
hahahaha..instead of building up your relationship with the holy spirit .u r calling me names..no wahala sha..U CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND GOD WITH YOUR HUMAN INTEL..ur level of Intel can't be compared to that of God.dats y u need a good relationship with the holy spirit to be able to understand biblical mysteries..
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 8:16am On Dec 28, 2014
misreal:
silly spirit??..lol..that is why you keep trying to understand God with just your head..u want to know God but you are doing it the wrong way..
Is that what you tell yourself when you look at the mirror?
How come your Holy spirit lies a lot and is as dumb as a dumb man? I thought the bible were written by men inspired by it? One would have thought that such confusions as this:
How did Judas Iscariot die?

Matthew 27:5
Then he threw down the pieces of silver in
the temple and departed, and went and
hanged himself.
Acts 1:18
Now this man purchased a field with the
wages of iniquity; and falling headlong he
burst open in the middle and all his
entrails gushed out.

The holy odious spirit(Probably Whiskey), must be reeling and reeking with confusion in his confused head;it tells one author another thing and tells another author a different thing..One would have thought that the dude who betrayed the Almighty humanity's saviour will have a very unique story!!
Confused as Hiswordxray!!

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Pheals(f): 10:16am On Dec 28, 2014
ROSSIKE:

It is not ''the word of God'' if it contains ...contradictions. Or is your god a god of confusion?
guy be care ful wit wat u say o abeg
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by misreal(m): 10:38am On Dec 28, 2014
philfearon:

How come your Holy spirit lies a lot and is as dumb as a dumb man? I thought the bible were written by men inspired by it? One would have thought that such confusions as this:

hanged himself.
entrails gushed out.

The holy odious spirit(Probably Whiskey), must be reeling and reeking with confusion in his confused head;it tells one author another thing and tells another author a different thing..One would have thought that the dude who betrayed the Almighty humanity's saviour will have a very unique story!!
..don't worry sir.u win..
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Weah96: 11:14am On Dec 28, 2014
philfearon:

hanged himself.
entrails gushed out.

Some dude called Italo here on NL told me that Judas died by hanging HIMSELF UPSIDE DOWN!!!! I bullsh^t you not. Imagine hanging oneself by the ankles.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Hiswordxray(m): 11:29am On Dec 28, 2014
Weah96:

Some dude called Italo here on NL told me that Judas died by hanging HIMSELF UPSIDE DOWN!!!! I bullsh^t you not. Imagine hanging oneself by the ankles.
All those are just stories and all you have is arguement.
But I have an undeniable reality. I am knowing and experiencing the God you claim does not exist and you are missing out- THAT IS THE REALITY.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Weah96: 11:35am On Dec 28, 2014
Hiswordxray:

All those are just stories and all you have is arguement.
But I have an undeniable reality. I am knowing and experiencing the God you claim does not exist and you are missing out- THAT IS THE REALITY.

Keep your white deity away from me. Talk to me when you experience a black one.

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Hiswordxray(m): 11:44am On Dec 28, 2014
Weah96:

Keep your white deity away from me. Talk to me when you experience a black one.
God is niether white nor black. But God is a spirit and you become born again God gives birth to you. When the God who is a Spirit gives reborn you than you will become a spirit and your flesh or colour doesn't matter anymore. You and the rest of God children are now one family and one race in Christ.
When you become born again the real you is your spirit and not your flesh because at the end God will give you a new flesh that is niether black nor white.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Weah96: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2014
Hiswordxray:

God is niether white nor black.

We're not talking about God. We're talking about Jesus, who was a white man. Don't deceive yourself.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Hiswordxray(m): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2014
philfearon:

When I talk to you,I only appeal to your subconscious....Rebooting of the brain to its default State is a thing that just happens;Nobody talks any body into it....
It may not happen to you,cuz the message is somewhat not really for you!!
Hear this though,Your God is a malignant hatred filled bloodthirsty energy-sapping group of Beings collectively called "Greys",whose only objective is to suck you dry of your Energy via psychic vampirism through your unintentional but voluntary admittance of them into your life through indoctrination!!
His that the lie Satan told you.
But you know deep down that this is a lie.
For a moment forget about all you have learn and just listen to your heart and tell me again if truely you believe this crap to be the truth.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Hiswordxray(m): 11:56am On Dec 28, 2014
Weah96:

We're not talking about God. We're talking about Jesus, who was a white man. Don't deceive yourself.
Jesus had existed before black and white people were created.
Jesus had to come to the world and he had to come through a nation. Jesus could not divide himself into two (one coming as a black man and the other coming as a white man) just to please you.
God spend 700 years preparing Isreal for the coming of Jesus. It was't easy but the job has to be done.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Weah96: 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Jesus had existed before black and white people were created.
Jesus had to come to the world and he had to come through a nation. Jesus could not divide himself into two (one coming as a black man and the other coming as a white man) just to please you.
God spend 700 years preparing Isreal for the coming of Jesus. It was't easy but the job has to be done.

Israel is a country of white people. Jesus was white. A white man came to white people, allegedly. Where is your business in these people's affairs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is It Wrong 4 A Christian To Wish A Muslim Happy Eid-il-mubarak? / Christians That Can Speak And Understands Arabic / Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.