Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Great Bible Contradictions - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Bible Contradictions (18627 Views)

Another Question For Great Bible Teachers. Daniel 7 Vs 8. What Are The 3 Horns / Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses / Bible Contradictions: Should Christians Judge Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 9:22am On Dec 30, 2014
philfearon:

You claim there was no contradiction and that it was in my mind,yet all your responses are mere assumptions of what "might"..
Keep assuming,that's how Christianity sells its falseness!!

There cannot be a claim of contradiction if both statements can be true.

You agreed to that.

So my job here is just to show that both statements can be true...and I am doing that.

I am not assuming, I'm painting possible scenarios.

You are the one assuming that Judas paid for the land with the "same silver pieces," when the Bible doesn't necessarily say that.

If you want to debunk the Bible, at least debunk what it says, not what you want it to say.

Thank you.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2014
philfearon:
Another Contradiction:

Luke 24:50-53
[50] When he had led them out to the vicinity
of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed
them. [51] While he was blessing them, he left
them and was taken up into heaven. [52] Then
they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem
with great joy. [53] And they stayed
continually at the temple, praising God.
Acts 1:9-11
[9] After he said this, he was taken up before
their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their
sight.
[10] They were looking intently up into the sky
as he was going, when suddenly two men
dressed in white stood beside them. [11] "Men
of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here
looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who
has been taken (Greek analambano ) from you
into heaven, will come back in the same way
you have seen him go into

There is no contradiction since all stated above actually happened.

One writer only included details which the other didn't include.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
italo:

There is no contradiction since all stated above actually happened.
In different timelines/lifetimes I guess?

One writer only included details which the other didn't include.
Lol..The same writer wrote the two books bro!!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
italo:

There cannot be a claim of contradiction if both statements can be true.

You agreed to that.

So my job here is just to show that both statements can be true...and I am doing that.

I am not assuming, I'm painting possible scenarios.

You are the one assuming that Judas paid for the land with the "same silver pieces," when the Bible doesn't necessarily say that.

If you want to debunk the Bible, at least debunk what it says, not what you want it to say.

Thank you.

If my friend who i am supposed to go out with called me on phone and asked: where are you?
And I answered: "I am coming.",I was being specific to him and he alone knows why I answered that "I am coming"...
Now,to any other person who does not know,they will likely inquire to know where I was going or what necessitated that response I made cuz they don't know,but the person I made that comment to knows!!
Specificity is the key question here bro..When the sentence "wages of iniquity" was made,what were they referring to at the particular time?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
philfearon:

If my friend who i am supposed to go out with called me on phone and asked: where are you?
And I answered: "I am coming.",I was being specific to him and he alone knows why I answered that "I am coming"...
Now,to any other person who does not know,they will likely inquire to know where I was going or what necessitated that response I made cuz they don't know,but the person I made that comment to knows!!
Specificity is the key question here bro..When the sentence "wages of iniquity" was made,what were they referring to at the particular time?

You already said only the person being talked to knows the true meaning.

If this applies to the Bible, how can you claim a contradiction when you aren't the one being talked to...hence cannot know the true meaning of what was said?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 11:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
philfearon:

In different timelines/lifetimes I guess?

Lol..The same writer wrote the two books bro!!

Luke could have left out certain details in each account depending on the message he was trying to convey and the audience.

If I want to tell you of the attack on Mubi with emphasis on how wicked terrorists can be, I can tell you of how they slit people's throats as they entered Mubi but leave out how the soldiers abandoned their posts until I want to tell someone else about the rot in the military.

I hope you can wrap your brain around it now.

Same story. Same story teller. Different perspectives. Both true. No contradiction.

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 31, 2014
italo:

The first verse was talking about punishment for the ememies/oppressors of Israel...

The second was dealing with legal matters as the context 24:6-19 shows. The context of the verse is dealing with the legality aspect within the Jewish court system.

There is no contradiction.

You mean the Creator has one rule for the 'Gentiles' and another rule for the Israelis?

It's ok to punish the children of the 'gentiles' for the sins of their fathers, but not the children of the 'israelis' for the sins of theirs?

What sort of biased, prejudiced, racist, ignorant deity do you worship?

I remember somewhere else 'Jesus' referring to the Canaanite 'Gentile' woman as a dog.

The religion you follow actually sees you as a sub-human compared to its 'chosen' people.

How does that make you feel?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 12:36am On Dec 31, 2014
ROSSIKE:

You mean the Creator has one rule for the 'Gentiles' and another rule for the Israelis?

It's ok to punish the children of the 'gentiles' for the sins of their fathers, but not the children of the 'israelis' for the sins of theirs?

What sort of biased, prejudiced, racist, ignorant deity do you worship?

I remember somewhere else 'Jesus' referring to the Canaanite 'Gentile' woman as a dog.

The religion you follow actually sees you as a sub-human compared to its 'chosen' people.

How does that make you feel?

I thought this thread was to show contradictions in the Bible.

You have failed to show a contradiction.

On another thread I can show you how God is not wicked. I don't want you to derail this one just to hide your inability to show a contradiction.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 1:06am On Dec 31, 2014
italo:

Luke could have left out certain details in each account depending on the message he was trying to convey and the audience.

If I want to tell you of the attack on Mubi with emphasis on how wicked terrorists can be, I can tell you of how they slit people's throats as they entered Mubi but leave out how the soldiers abandoned their posts until I want to tell someone else about the rot in the military.

I hope you can wrap your brain around it now.

Same story. Same story teller. Different perspectives. Both true. No contradiction.
@bolded...Since when did it become same story teller?Thought you said its different authors elaborating on details?
All I see is some whack peeps(just like you) trying so hard to cover their asses when they realised every little detail will matter when civilised people will start deciphering their work.Hence,all the annotations and doctoring and many additions,all to make the bible look authentic and pathetic brains like yours have been indoctrinated with its brainwashing!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 1:20am On Dec 31, 2014
italo:

You already said only the person being talked to knows the true meaning.

If this applies to the Bible, how can you claim a contradiction when you aren't the one being talked to...hence cannot know the true meaning of what was said?
I had hoped that after reading that little example,you would grab the point made,but it seems you don't...
When I said "I am coming",what made me say so? what necessitated that response from me? It is because my friend asked me "where are you?" Therefore,the comment from me was answered in the context of "Where are you?"...Something leads to something,one thing leads to another,A-G,1-9....
Now,in "he bought the field with the wages of iniquity",what necessitated this statement? In what context was the passage referring to?
Hope that's clear enough.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 1:39am On Dec 31, 2014
italo:

God teaches. He doesn't force men to accept.
Like seriously?
You have totally killed every other comment you will make in this section with the above Statement...
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 4:59am On Dec 31, 2014
philfearon:

@bolded...Since when did it become same story teller?Thought you said its different authors elaborating on details?
All I see is some whack peeps(just like you) trying so hard to cover their asses when they realised every little detail will matter when civilised people will start deciphering their work.Hence,all the annotations and doctoring and many additions,all to make the bible look authentic and pathetic brains like yours have been indoctrinated with its brainwashing!

Stop hiding behind the insults and my error about the author...yes I made a mistake. So what?

...and show us a contradiction.

You can't!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 5:14am On Dec 31, 2014
philfearon:

I had hoped that after reading that little example,you would grab the point made,but it seems you don't...
When I said "I am coming",what made me say so? what necessitated that response from me? It is because my friend asked me "where are you?" Therefore,the comment from me was answered in the context of "Where are you?"...Something leads to something,one thing leads to another,A-G,1-9....
Now,in "he bought the field with the wages of iniquity",what necessitated this statement? In what context was the passage referring to?
Hope that's clear enough.

But you already said only the person being talked to knows the context. So I am the wrong person to ask since I wasn't born then.

I thought you had asked the early Christians and they had told you.

If you haven't...and therefore dont know the context in which the statement was made...how can you assert that there is a contradiction?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 5:18am On Dec 31, 2014
philfearon:

Like seriously?
You have totally killed every other comment you will make in this section with the above Statement...

Again, God teaches. He doesn't force men to accept.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 8:03am On Dec 31, 2014
italo:

But you already said only the person being talked to knows the context. So I am the wrong person to ask since I wasn't born then.

I thought you had asked the early Christians and they had told you.

If you haven't...and therefore dont know the context in which the statement was made...how can you assert that there is a contradiction?
Surely,you have comprehension problem!!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 8:07am On Dec 31, 2014
philfearon:

Surely,you have comprehension problem!!

Your position is incomprehensible.

You say there is a contradiction...yet you cannot point out the contradiction.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 8:22am On Dec 31, 2014
italo:

Again, God teaches. He doesn't force men to accept.
Lol! I thought he knows the beginning from the End? Is everything that happen on earth not his will again?

“The king’s heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes” (Prov. 21:1).“The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord” (Prov. 16:1).“The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps” (Prov. 16:9).“The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord” (Prov. 16:33).“Many plans are in a man’s heart, but the counsel of the Lord will stand. ” (Prov. 19:21).“I know, O Lord, that a man’s way is not in himself, nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps” (Jer. 10:23).

Also,tell that To Jonah,Ananias and Saphira,Lazarus,Sodom and Gomorrah, and the rest of the world he destroyed he destroyed with a flood!!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 8:26am On Dec 31, 2014
italo:

Your position is incomprehensible.

You say there is a contradiction...yet you cannot point out the contradiction.
What's the use of telling a blind man how beautiful a girl is.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 8:38am On Dec 31, 2014
italo:

..yes I made a mistake. So what?

Go fork yourself,not my concern.
As for the contradiction, if you don't see it too,not my concern;if you see it,not my concern too..
Even if I spend 1billion yrs showing it to you,once you don't want to see it,I can't talk you into seeing it with your Christian mentality; I was once like you,so I will always understand your obstinacy!

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Hiswordxray(m): 1:07pm On Jan 01, 2015
philfearon:

I would never give up on you because God loves you.
Happy new year.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I would never give up on you because God loves you.
Happy new year.
The old me could have destroyed you for not sticking to my warning..
But then,with time you will realise that Both Christians,Moslems,Pagans,Atheists,Agnostics,neutrals,satanists,etc who are all Black people(or Muurians) are one and the same,and that we all share in the same Goodness of the Cosmic unity!
Peace bro!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by johnw74: 6:13am On Jan 02, 2015
They can all be answered, but I will answer just the ones that Jesus said.
Someone else may have already answered, I have only read page 1 so far.

The messages in these verses are:

(4) (Jesus speaking)
Matthew 5:16 Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven.
Matthew 6:1 Be careful not to do your ‘acts of righteousness’ before men, to be seen by them.

The first one is about letting your good works be seen by men so that they will glorify God.
The second one means, do not do good works just to please man, or you have no reward from God.

(5) (Jesus speaking)
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

The first one, Jesus is telling His disciples that He will leave them His peace.
The second one is about not peace, but a sword to the earth.

(7) (Jesus speaking)
John 5:31 If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid.
John 8:14 Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid.

The first one, if you read the other verses before and after this one, you will see that Jesus is saying, that if he spoke of himself it would not be true, because He is speaking of his Father whose will He came to do.
The second one. again if you had of kept reading you would see that Jesus testimony is valid concerning the Father because His Father is with Him.

There are no contradictions there.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 7:17am On Jan 02, 2015
philfearon:

Lol! I thought he knows the beginning from the End? Is everything that happen on earth not his will again?

“The king’s heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes” (Prov. 21:1).“The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord” (Prov. 16:1).“The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps” (Prov. 16:9).“The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord” (Prov. 16:33).“Many plans are in a man’s heart, but the counsel of the Lord will stand. ” (Prov. 19:21).“I know, O Lord, that a man’s way is not in himself, nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps” (Jer. 10:23).

Also,tell that To Jonah,Ananias and Saphira,Lazarus,Sodom and Gomorrah, and the rest of the world he destroyed he destroyed with a flood!!

You already said only the one being spoken to understands the context of what is spoken.

Were the writers of the passages above speaking to you?

If not, you cannot be certain of the meaning.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 7:19am On Jan 02, 2015
philfearon:

But then,with time you will realise that Both Christians,Moslems,Pagans,Atheists,Agnostics,neutrals,satanists,etc who are all Black people(or Muurians) are one and the same,and that we all share in the same Goodness of the Cosmic unity!
Peace bro!
philfearon:

You claim you cannot know the meaning of those statements...then you claim they are contradicting something.

You're confused.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 8:30am On Jan 02, 2015
philfearon:

Peace bro!

You cant destroy anyone but yourself.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 10:13am On Jan 02, 2015
italo:

You cant destroy anyone but yourself.
What's with all the renewed vibrancy and determination in quoting my posts with alacrity?
Did Jesus visit you on New Years Day or is that your Catholic New year Resolution?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 10:57am On Jan 02, 2015
philfearon:

What's with all the renewed vibrancy and determination in quoting my posts with alacrity?
Did Jesus visit you on New Years Day or is that your Catholic New year Resolution?
But you quote me too...because this is an open forum.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 11:05am On Jan 02, 2015
italo:
But you quote me too...because this is an open forum.
The question is not "why are you quoting me",cuz I know you did quote me in the past,just like I did quote you..
The question is whats with all the renewed vibrancy in quoting me today?
You have not quoted me like this before,not even when we were sharing our respective ideas!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 11:23am On Jan 02, 2015
philfearon:

The question is not "why are you quoting me",cuz I know you did quote me in the past,just like I did quote you..
The question is whats with all the renewed vibrancy in quoting me today?
You have not quoted me like this before,not even when we were sharing our respective ideas!

No reason.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2015
italo:

No reason.
......And the liar is caught in between his signature lies!!
Hypocrite,that's what you are!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
philfearon:

......And the liar is caught in between his signature lies!!
Hypocrite,that's what you are!

How? undecided
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
italo:

How? undecided
Since you don't know "How" you are hypocritical, Let's leave it then as your First Wonder of 2015
Use the rest of the year to unravel your hypocritical mystery!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Christians That Can Speak And Understands Arabic / Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray / Names Of False Prophets In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.