Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Great Bible Contradictions - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Bible Contradictions (18624 Views)

Another Question For Great Bible Teachers. Daniel 7 Vs 8. What Are The 3 Horns / Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses / Bible Contradictions: Should Christians Judge Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 8:21am On Dec 29, 2014
I dont see any contradiction there.

Can you show me?
philfearon:

So,what? I gave the reply you were going to give and you backed out and found another meaningless issue to hold onto and insert your cleverness in it?Great. .
Let me still give you the benefit of the doubt though and point out the contradiction:

Matthew 27:5
Then he threw down the pieces of silver
in
the temple and departed,

After throwing down the pieces of silver and left according to Mathew,Luke said:

Acts 1:18
Now this man purchased a field with the
wages of iniquity

Do you mind clarifying that?
Let's start from here first bro...
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 9:35am On Dec 29, 2014
italo:
I dont see any contradiction there.

Can you show me?
Of course you won't...Are you not a Christian?
Your bible records that Judas threw the silver pieces he got from betraying Jesus to the floor of the temple and left,in another book,it records that he used the same silver pieces to purchase a land....
The question is,which do we believe?
2ndly,if its not a contradiction, then clarify me!!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 10:47am On Dec 29, 2014
philfearon:

Of course you won't...Are you not a Christian?
Your bible records that Judas threw the silver pieces he got from betraying Jesus to the floor of the temple and left,in another book,it records that he used the same silver pieces to purchase a land....
The question is,which do we believe?
2ndly,if its not a contradiction, then clarify me!!

Firstly, the Bible didn't necessarily say the bold. It's you that said it.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by mascottboy(m): 10:54am On Dec 29, 2014
@op Mark 4vs 11 unto you it is given to knw the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
italo:

Firstly, the Bible didn't necessarily say the bold. It's you that said it.
You are just a dude on a clapham Omnibus!!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 12:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
philfearon:

Because I pointed out that it was you who said Judas purchased the land with "the same silver pieces?"

Wouldn't it be more sensible to show us where the Bible said so?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Weah96: 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
philfearon:

LOL, you're getting trolled by the resident caveman.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
Weah96:

LOL, you're getting trolled by the resident caveman.
We just make trolls like them feel in charge of conversations so that they will be allowed to exhibit their stupidity as always!!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
italo:
Because I pointed out that it was you who said Judas purchased the land with "the same silver pieces?"

Wouldn't it be more sensible to show us where the Bible said so?
I could have,but then, I have shown what I had in mind!!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 4:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
philfearon:

I could have,but then, I have shown what I had in mind!!

I see! The contradiction was only 'in your mind.'
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Femmymata2(m): 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
italo:

Mr italo, thanks for clarifying on one of the assumed contradictions. As agnostic/athiest, i appreciate your intelligent respönse. Indeed, many of the percieved contradictions can be rationalized. But it would be difficult to state there are no contradictions at all in the bible, hope to see u address more of the seeming contradictiöns like what exactly mary saw on getting to the tomb of jesus. If the authors of the bible are inspired by God/holy spirit dön't u think they can give better less contradictory accounts. Authors led by the holyspirit shovld fare better than carnal authors
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
italo:

For a dude who believes a nigga who died on a tree is his savior and who believes Edens Fairytales are real,what you affirm in your mind is not my concern!!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 6:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
Femmymata2:
Mr italo, thanks for clarifying on one of the assumed contradictions. As agnostic/athiest, i appreciate your intelligent respönse. Indeed, many of the percieved contradictions can be rationalized. But it would be difficult to state there are no contradictions at all in the bible, hope to see u address more of the seeming contradictiöns like what exactly mary saw on getting to the tomb of jesus. If the authors of the bible are inspired by God/holy spirit dön't u think they can give better less contradictory accounts. Authors led by the holyspirit shovld fare better than carnal authors
Sorry mate,what contradiction did he clarify?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
Femmymata2:

Thanks. Can you post the verses you think are contradictory?

The authors were conveying the message with their individual perspectives, emphasizing different things to different audiences at different times.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Femmymata2(m): 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
philfearon:

Sorry mate,what contradiction did he clarify?
I felt the bible didn't state categorically that the money judas got from betraying jesus is what he used to buy the field where he hanged himself. Judas seems to be a dishonest person who got money from evil schemes,. Hanging from a tree and falling headlong still not quite, i'm open to corrections though...
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by johnydon22(m): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
italo:

Thanks. Can you post the verses you think are contradictory?

The authors were conveying the message with their individual perspectives, emphasizing different things to different audiences at different times.

individual perspectives and the same spirit. i thought the spirit made them write it... i smell this spirit is individual too!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Weah96: 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
Femmymata2:
I felt the bible didn't state categorically that the money judas got from betraying jesus is what he used to buy the field where he hanged himself. Judas seems to be a dishonest person who got money from evil schemes,. Hanging from a tree and falling headlong still not quite, i'm open to corrections though...

This is what the Bible says in Acts 1:

16 and said, “Brothers and sisters, the Scripture had to be fulfilled in which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus. 17 He was one of our number and shared in our ministry.”

18 (With the payment he received for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out. 19 Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this, so they called that field in their language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood.)

This is what it says in Matthew 27:

3 When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders. 4 “I have sinned,” he said, “for I have betrayed innocent blood.”

“What is that to us?” they replied. “That’s your responsibility.”

5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

6 The chief priests picked up the coins and said, “It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money.” 7 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter’s field as a burial place for foreigners. 8 That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day.

So who purchased the muthafkn Field of Blood?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Femmymata2(m): 10:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
@weah96, it is claimed that the writer(peter) used a common figure of speech by saying that judas indirectly bought the field(though the chief priests used the money judas threw at them to buy the field he eventually hanged himself). They also stated that judas fell headlong while trying to hang himself, i hope we can see more clarifications on other seeming contradictions
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Femmymata2(m): 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
johnydon22:

individual perspectives and the same spirit. i thought the spirit made them write it... i smell this spirit is individual too!!! grin
At times i dön't seem to get it. Which current christian denomination is led by the holyspirit, why so much divisiön and doctrinal difference. Accepted that God hides itself. How about the holy spirit which seems to dwell with them, why is there still confusion in christendom e.g tithes,mode of worship,trinity e.t.c. Why not the holy spirit clarify these and some other ìssues for the unity of the church!!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 5:05am On Dec 30, 2014
johnydon22:

Your frustration has been noticed.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 5:08am On Dec 30, 2014
Femmymata2:

Is it impossible that Judas hanged himself, yet fell headlong?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 5:20am On Dec 30, 2014
Femmymata2:
At times i dön't seem to get it. Which current christian denomination is led by the holyspirit, why so much divisiön and doctrinal difference. Accepted that God hides itself. How about the holy spirit which seems to dwell with them, why is there still confusion in christendom e.g tithes,mode of worship,trinity e.t.c. Why not the holy spirit clarify these and some other ìssues for the unity of the church!!

God gave us his Church 2000 years ago. He gave his Holy Spirit to guide the Church and teach through it.

The problems arise when men reject this Church and its teachings inspired by the Holy Spirit...rather choosing to go with their own personal opinions.

There is nothing like denominations. The only true Church of God is the Catholic Church.

God teaches. He doesn't force men to accept.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 5:40am On Dec 30, 2014
Femmymata2:
The bible categorically stated that he bought the field "with the wages of iniquity"
What other iniquity were they referring to if not the betrayal?
If assumptions are to be made,could you give a dishonest and con man the treasury of your group to hold?
The truth is,Judas never believed Jesus would have submitted himself to be arrested,because he believed Jesus would have done one of his magic tricks and escaped as usual...
Hence the question:
What was the " wages of iniquity" referred to?
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 6:04am On Dec 30, 2014
ROSSIKE:
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

The first verse was talking about punishment for the ememies/oppressors of Israel...

The second was dealing with legal matters as the context 24:6-19 shows. The context of the verse is dealing with the legality aspect within the Jewish court system.

There is no contradiction.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 6:23am On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 6:26am On Dec 30, 2014
philfearon:

The bible categorically stated that he bought the field "with the wages of iniquity"
What other iniquity were they referring to if not the betrayal?
If assumptions are to be made,could you give a dishonest and con man the treasury of your group to hold?
The iniquity could be stealing, for example. And he did keep the treasury.

John 12:6 (He said this not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief; he kept the common purse and used to steal what was put into it.)
philfearon:
The truth is,Judas never believed Jesus would have submitted himself to be arrested,because he believed Jesus would have done one of his magic tricks and escaped as usual...
Hence the question:
What was the " wages of iniquity" referred to?

It could be stolen money from the treasury...

Or it could even be that he acquired the land by his death on it. The Bible says "the wages of sin is death."--Rom 6:23...and Acts 1 goes on to explain how his death made everybody stay away from the land.

Or it could be that the Chief Priests bought the land in his name. That would make Judas the legal owner of the land according to the custom of the time.

As long as all the above are possible, you can't claim there is a contradiction.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by OpraMenu(m): 7:12am On Dec 30, 2014
ROSSIKE:

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham." (Genesis 22:1)

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (James 1:13)

Care to explain this?

In our relationship with God God allows temptations to come our way so that will prove ourselves beyond any reasonable doubt before him. Let Me Add That Before You Take A Verse Out of contest you should read the preceding verses so you can have a better understand of it. Let Me Tell This , You Can't Understand The Bible with human comprehension, pray for the holy spirit to guild you.
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by johnydon22(m): 8:46am On Dec 30, 2014
italo:

Your frustration has been noticed.
lmao... whats with this guy?... hahahahaha am actually seeing who the frustrated one is here hahahagrin
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 9:08am On Dec 30, 2014
italo:
The iniquity could be stealing, for example. And he did keep the treasury.

John 12:6 (He said this not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief; he kept the common purse and used to steal what was put into it.)

It could be stolen money from the treasury...

Or it could even be that he acquired the land by his death on it. The Bible says "the wages of sin is death."--Rom 6:23...and Acts 1 goes on to explain how his death made everybody stay away from the land.

Or it could be that the Chief Priests bought the land in his name. That would make Judas the legal owner of the land according to the custom of the time.

As long as all the above are possible, you can't claim there is a contradiction.
You claim there was no contradiction and that it was in my mind,yet all your responses are mere assumptions of what "might"..
Keep assuming,that's how Christianity sells its falseness!!
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by italo: 9:10am On Dec 30, 2014
johnydon22:

lmao... whats with this guy?... hahahahaha am actually seeing who the frustrated one is here hahahagrin

K
Re: Great Bible Contradictions by philfearon(m): 9:14am On Dec 30, 2014
Another Contradiction:

Luke 24:50-53
[50] When he had led them out to the vicinity
of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed
them. [51] While he was blessing them, he left
them and was taken up into heaven. [52] Then
they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem
with great joy. [53] And they stayed
continually at the temple, praising God.
Acts 1:9-11
[9] After he said this, he was taken up before
their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their
sight.
[10] They were looking intently up into the sky
as he was going, when suddenly two men
dressed in white stood beside them. [11] "Men
of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here
looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who
has been taken (Greek analambano ) from you
into heaven, will come back in the same way
you have seen him go into

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Christians That Can Speak And Understands Arabic / Prayers Christ Expects Every Christains To Pray / Names Of False Prophets In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.